Look at my Hair: official thread [Commercial] RELEASED!

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

You will find the beta in the Commoms http://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/4/ same place as this thread but stickied and the thread link is here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/11807/

• KrazyHorse2KrazyHorse2 Posts: 0
    edited December 2012

Mari-Anne said:
    Mari-Anne said:
    Mari-Anne said:
    RAMWolff said:
    So DAZ decided to do the right thing and supply the genitals for free with the Content package that comes with DAZ Studio? :bug:

That's what they should have done in the first place instead of making people buy the pro package.

That I did not know...

Genesis in it self did not have Gen's you had to buy the pro package of V5/M5 in order to get a complete anatomically correct figure.
    They now come with Genesis and it is my understanding that the V5/M5 gen's are no longer needed.

Only the female genitalia shows up for me when I re-downloaded a little while ago.

Interesting! I have both. Another Daz booboo?

Just to make sure I did it correctly.....I reset my DAZ4 Pro and reinstalled the "DAZ Studio 4 Pro - Genesis Starter Essentials 1.6 - exe - pc" file. There was a "DAZ Studio 4 Pro - DAZ Studio 4.5.x 64-bit - exe - pc" file as well, but I only installed the Genesis Starter Essentials file. I would have thought it would have had a more recent version number but it's still the 1.6 version????

Reset the 4.5 Pro Beta. ------> 14812_GenesisStarterEssentialsPoserCF_1.9_dpc.exe - PC

Wow - thanks for the tip. However, I never did have the 4.5 Pro Beta - only the regular 4.5. Where can I get it? Do you have a link? And what version of 4.5 does that make? 4.5.1.9?

Try this, http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/11807/ Edit: Szark beat me to it. LOL

Post edited by KrazyHorse2 on
  • Mari-AnneMari-Anne Posts: 363
    edited December 1969

Thanks to Szark and KrazyHorse for the link to the beta version. I think I'll wait for the public version and hope the "stuff" will be in there as well. Beta version sounds to iffy at this point

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

I loaded the 1.9 version of the Starter Essentials and there was no Anatomy section. I'm wondering if people who have the Anatomy had it on their system prior and it didn't get wiped out during uninstall/reinstall?

I didn't actually see any difference between 1.6 and 1.9 but I didn't do a file-by-file comparison, just glanced through what was installed in 1.6 and then in 1.9 when I installed over top of 1.6.

My install was on a totally new install over a new rebuild from OS up.

• KrazyHorse2KrazyHorse2 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Gedd said:
    I loaded the 1.9 version of the Starter Essentials and there was no Anatomy section. I'm wondering if people who have the Anatomy had it on their system prior and it didn't get wiped out during uninstall/reinstall?

I didn't actually see any difference between 1.6 and 1.9 but I didn't do a file-by-file comparison, just glanced through what was installed in 1.6 and then in 1.9 when I installed over top of 1.6.

My install was on a totally new install over a new rebuild from OS up.

Well I am totally confused then..... The only other thing I can think of is the fact that I had both the pro version of V5/M5 installed and the new Genesis installer is picking that up and creating the anatomy directory.

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Yes, that is basically what I figured. It's easy enough to have that happen.

• DarthDDarthD Posts: 259
    edited December 1969

Is there a way to make the hair look wet like someone just came out of the shower or pool?

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,619
    edited December 1969

DarthD said:
    Is there a way to make the hair look wet like someone just came out of the shower or pool?

I didn't have much time to experiment, but using the clump effect and coupling it with a custom made shader, with some reflection and high specular might do the job.

edited December 1969

While I'm concentrating presets mostly for animals, a friend is preparing some for Genesis (and human figures).

She was so kind to send me a crispy hair preset, and I couldn't resist trying a render with it...

crispy_hair.jpg
    802 x 747 - 381K
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,182
    edited December 1969

I like it... looks like a perm on it's last legs. LOL

• 3DProclivity3DProclivity Posts: 538
    edited December 1969

My first post using the LAMH plugin (Beta). Comments welcome.

3DP_Lycan2.jpg
    543 x 515 - 25K
    LycanHair01.jpg
    598 x 888 - 54K
    edited December 1969

And a screenshot of the hair a little longer. (Render of this one not shown)

3DP_LycanSS.jpg
    1219 x 1020 - 95K
  • shaaeliashaaelia Posts: 613
    edited December 1969

That looks amazing :-)

edited December 1969

Nice model, thanks for sharing it. I'd probably increase the hair shader specular intensity (and check that its color is not too dark), so that hair would be more visible (just being picky)....

edited December 1969

Nice model, thanks for sharing it. I'd probably increase the hair shader specular intensity (and check that its color is not too dark), so that hair would be more visible (just being picky)....

I'll try that. Thanks!

Hey, you made a friggin' tree with flowers on it out of hair. I think you probably know what you are talking about. :)

edited December 1969

Shaaelia said:
    That looks amazing :-)

Thanks! :)

It's a lot of fun too.

edited December 1969

Very nice hair but what is that figure your using? Is that Genesis? Love the body... very cut and strong looking!

edited December 2012

RAMWolff said:
    Very nice hair but what is that figure your using? Is that Genesis? Love the body... very cut and strong looking!

Yes, thank you.

It is a hybrid character with dialed and custom morphs, but the base character that really makes it work is Midnight_stories' Lycan for Genesis.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/ms-lycan

I put off buying it for a long time, but I got it at the PA sale and now can't understand why I waited so long. It is a perfect model for wild and thick hair that moves in the night wind (or fur that still can't hide that powerful and dangerous posed beast within).

Post edited by 3DProclivity on
    edited December 1969

Like this?

MCLycanHairLighterHD.jpg
    650 x 663 - 38K
  • larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

Like this?

I would say somewhere between the first one and this one. But that's just a personal preference.

edited December 1969

Like this?

This I like it very much!

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

waiting waiting and waiting :roll:

• clayphdclayphd Posts: 7
    edited December 1969

Any news? =0 It's almost Christmas

edited December 1969

Sorry for not answering earlier: if there are no last-minute unattended events, I'll submit the files at DAZ in the next few hours.
    And hopefully there will be a XMas release...

• clayphdclayphd Posts: 7
    edited December 1969

Sorry for not answering earlier: if there are no last-minute unattended events, I'll submit the files at DAZ in the next few hours.
    And hopefully there will be a XMas release...

Cool

edited December 1969

*jumps up and down* WOOT! :-)

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    *jumps up and down* WOOT! :-)

I will wait to see the price !

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,901
    edited December 2012

***AWSOME!!!***