Look at my Hair: official thread [Commercial] RELEASED!

Comments

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,619
    edited December 1969

angusm said:
    LAMH looks amazing. Does anyone know if the hair exports successfully via Reality for rendering in LuxRender?

I am in the process of trying with Octane but I just realized I don't have the big cat that I asked AM to make, I only have the LE cat which is not compatible so I'm in tears.

How different is the LE cat? I mean, is it a limited edition of the Big Mil Cat?

If it's still available I'll try to make a preset for you in the next days, ok?

edited December 1969

angusm said:
    LAMH looks amazing. Does anyone know if the hair exports successfully via Reality for rendering in LuxRender?

Unfortunately, I'm a bit late with video tutorials, but I'm making those, and there will be also another that shows how to export and deal with .obj's. Anyway, the manual has a section dedicated to exporting to .obj.
    Feel free to email me or ask any help you need.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 2012

angusm said:

I am in the process of trying with Octane but I just realized I don't have the big cat that I asked AM to make, I only have the LE cat which is not compatible so I'm in tears.

How different is the LE cat? I mean, is it a limited edition of the Big Mil Cat?

The LE cat is free, http://www.daz3d.com/shop/millennium-big-cat-le

Sorry I should have been clear, but i really didn't know the difference. Thanks so much for offering.

The error i get is "the preset doesn't match the model the model it's designed for"

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
    edited December 1969

angusm said:

Sorry I should have been clear, but i really didn't know the difference. Thanks so much for offering.

If you can wait a day or two, I'll make a preset for that :)

edited December 1969

angusm said:

If you can wait a day or two, I'll make a preset for that :)

At this point I can wait a week or two if needed, no rush. That was definitely the first thing i wanted to tinker with.

• Ashfire45Ashfire45 Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

Are there any presets included with this buy, or do they all come later? =)

edited December 1969

Ashfire45 said:

There are about 25-30 on his website now to download

edited December 2012

Ashfire45 said:

Please bookmark: http://www.furrythings.com

It's the official Look at my Hair blog. There, you'll find a page with about 30 presets already available: http://www.furrythings.com/presets/

More will be added in the next days...

Sorry there are no thumbnails there or else, I didn't have the time to build a better page...

Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
  • GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,612
    edited December 1969

Confirming that this works on a Mac, as well. Just wanted to check before I dropped it into the cart.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,182
    edited December 1969

Congratulations Alex. I was going to wait until AFTER XMas to buy any more digital stuff but with your plugin and the Young Teens hitting all at once... I gave in. Thanks for the presets. I'll download those in a few... gotta get the rest of my loot downloaded from DAZ3D first. Happy Holidays to you and yours sir! HUGS

edited December 1969

Confirming that this works on a Mac, as well. Just wanted to check before I dropped it into the cart.

Yes it does: we tested it on OSX 10.8 and 10.7.

edited December 1969

I am on 10.6 so hopefully that will still work :)

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Congratulations Alex. I was going to wait until AFTER XMas to buy any more digital stuff but with your plugin and the Young Teens hitting all at once... I gave in. Thanks for the presets. I'll download those in a few... gotta get the rest of my loot downloaded from DAZ3D first. Happy Holidays to you and yours sir! HUGS

Thanks Richard, you're always very kind and supportive. Happy Holidays to you as well, if there is any support you need I'm here.

edited December 1969

10.6 is Leopard right? I'd say yes.

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,656
    edited December 1969

So I take it that you all got you installation code. How did you receive the number? I have put in a trouble report to Sales but it might be next week before they get it resolved. Just want to make sure that I did not receive it.

edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    So I take it that you all got you installation code. How did you receive the number? I have put in a trouble report to Sales but it might be next week before they get it resolved. Just want to make sure that I did not receive it.

I had the same problem. Read here that you need to go to your account on DAZ site and find your serials. Will be where they save your DS serial key. Hope this helps. This info should be added to the product page if it isn't I'll be honest I never read the product page and just purchased it.

edited December 1969

BTW, I wanted to bring to your attention that during Look at my Hair development course I had the pleasure to have Kendall Sears joining me in this project. His help and skills were crucial to the plugin development and we have lot of plans and new features to add to Look at my Hair. Just wanted to say this because Kendall deserves his kudo's too.

edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:

I had the same problem. Read here that you need to go to your account on DAZ site and find your serials. Will be where they save your DS serial key. Hope this helps. This info should be added to the product page if it isn't I'll be honest I never read the product page and just purchased it.

You're right. I'll ask DAZ to add this info...

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,110
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:

nup, and putting the wrong one in seems to have killed it, too tired now, might try uninstalling and seeing if I can fix it later.
    edited December 1969

It is Snow Leopard, 10.5 was Leopard but good to know.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Happy happy, Joy joy... Runz around like a giddy little kid, Hop, Hop, Skip, Skip, Skippity, Skip, and a snappy little tap dance.

Can you tell I bought it yet? Happiness is a Furry...

edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:

nup, and putting the wrong one in seems to have killed it, too tired now, might try uninstalling and seeing if I can fix it later.

Wendy, in case you've troubles activating it, next time you try if you want you can also email me directly, and I'll help.

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,656
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:

I have only one set of numbers under the LAMH plug-in in my serial list. For your installation code where did you look to see it?

edited December 1969

It is Snow Leopard, 10.5 was Leopard but good to know.

Yes, right. I had it working just fine in Snow Leopard a couple of months ago, before upgrading to Mountain Lion.

edited December 2012

Dollygirl said:
    Dollygirl said:

I have only one set of numbers under the LAMH plug-in in my serial list. For your installation code where did you look to see it?

Installation Code should be in your DAZ Account "My Serial Numbers" section...

edited December 1969

i would suggest that for the hair complexity export option you show the value. I can't tell if the lowest setting is 0,1 or 20. Not sure if it scales 1,2,3, or 4, 16, 124!

edited December 2012

i would suggest that for the hair complexity export option you show the value. I can't tell if the lowest setting is 0,1 or 20. Not sure if it scales 1,2,3, or 4, 16, 124!

Noted! We'll gather all the suggestions as will try to include those in next updates.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,974
    edited December 1969

Ok, add me to the list of the confused over installing ...

I expected DAZ to prompt me for serial number but ... no. So, seeing as there is not obvious documentation on the wiki for it I managed to find the Create New 'Look at my Hair' Object. Clicking that I was suddenly prompted with a 'not authorised' message and telling me to copy the serial number below (a number different to the serial number in my DAZ account for the product, and one of three seemingly required numbers ... why????) into a web form. Now, said web form requires 2 numbers, a serial number (I assume the one LAMH says and NOT the DAZ one - but doesn't matter, neither work - see next) and an installation code - which I do not have.

Now what?

edited December 2012

Sorry for the mess. The Serial Number prompted in LAMH is automatically generated.

The Installation Code prompted in LAMH is the DAZ Serial Number, related to the LAMH product, that you find in your DAZ Account.

Yes, it's confusing...

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,974
    edited December 1969

Ok - tried something daft ...

In both the LAMH About Page (before authorising) and the web page the Serial number is the one supplied by LAMH (pre-filled in the LAMH Abou dialog) and the installation code is the DAZ serial number. Plug both of those into the web form, and just the DAZ serial and actiavtion key from the web form into the LMAH About dialog and all will be well. NOT A INSTINCTIVE PROCESS!

This discussion has been closed.