Look at my Hair: official thread [Commercial] RELEASED!

Comments

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

What is the 'installation code' the registration process is asking for? DAZ hasn't made the Readme on the docs web readble yet (it still gives the 'unreleased' page). And I can't find where it installed any documentation locally. (I checked in the studio->plugins and studio->docs (where INFINITO put its docs) and don't see it.

• Ashfire45Ashfire45 Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

Oh goodness!!! What a -brilliant- price!! My little Christmas gift to myself soooooooo excited!!!!

Although, I have to ask, Alessandro! Where do I find the codes needed to activate the product?

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,382
    edited December 1969

I think the price is excellant - unfortunately the timing is bad - with the teens just having been released and Christmas a few days away there is no way I can afford this at the moment.

edited December 1969

Or is the installation code something we're supposed to receive from DAZ and they've not sent that out yet?

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,619
    edited December 1969

You should receive the Installation Code as soon as you buy the product, directly from DAZ. Didn't you get that ?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,110
    edited December 2012

ok tried all 3 numbers in all 3 fields!! say saved and to close but asks again! can see this will be a long and complicated wait!
    not in a hurry fortunately, other stuff to do

ok, tried the number before the serial number in "installation" code, the one number I was unsure of as there was one number already in serial and my serials had another
    now it just shuts studio immediately if I chose create new look at my hair object

looks like I might need to unistall to get it to work again, hope it hasn't mucked with the registry

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

You should receive the Installation Code as soon as you buy the product, directly from DAZ. Didn't you get that ?

Ok, not via E-mail. But I see it listed in the 'My serial numbrs' page of my account now.
  • RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

Yes guys, it's finally out, and what do you think about the price??? I want to hear comments about that.

I hope LAMH will work fine for everybody but in case of issues, questions, suggestions etc. remember that you can always contact me also at my email address info at alessandromastronardi.com and I'll try to provide the best support I can...

To be honest as customer ... the price is a steal :) It is definitively lower than I expected. Thank you for that and merry christmas to you.

edited December 1969

Renpatsu said:
    Yes guys, it's finally out, and what do you think about the price??? I want to hear comments about that.

I hope LAMH will work fine for everybody but in case of issues, questions, suggestions etc. remember that you can always contact me also at my email address info at alessandromastronardi.com and I'll try to provide the best support I can...

To be honest as customer ... the price is a steal :) It is definitively lower than I expected. Thank you for that and merry christmas to you.

Yes, a steal is the right definition... LOL

edited December 1969

cwichura said:

Ok, not via E-mail. But I see it listed in the 'My serial numbrs' page of my account now.

Good. Please tell me if you are able to complete the activation process.

• SotoSoto Posts: 1,440
    edited December 2012

Skiriki said:
    Just to show how much Alessandro kicks butt when it comes to code quality:

LAMH IS OUT.

I just want to say this: it was a blast to test this thing with Alessandro. He is seriously professional and fun and supportive fellow. When we were doing what we were supposed to do -- Stupid User Tricks, for example -- he had the patience of a saint to be there with us. :lol:

Seriously, this is worth your moneys. Go get it. Go get it today. :)

:gulp: That was fast.

I have to agree.
    He has been vey patient with us during all these months. :-P

Go grab it, great price, better results, lots of fun.

Post edited by Soto on
    edited December 1969

It's activated. But I can't figure anything out, and still haven't found the documentation, which if like INFINITO, one really needs to get going at first. Where is it supposed to be installed?

Also, the placement of the zoom control is turning out to be problematic using it on this laptop. I don't have a mouse hooked up for a scroll wheel, so have to use the zoom widget. But it's close to the bottom of the screen, and since it doesn't capture the mouse like Studio does, when the mouse hits the bottom of the screen, it stops scrolling. This means I can only zoom in a tiny amount at a time. Unless there's another way to do this. But again, I can't find the docs.

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,656
    edited December 1969

I too think the price is more than fair, it is spectacular. I was expecting closer to $70.00 USD and I would still have bought it. This plugin fills such a hole in DAZ. Poserfiles eat your heart out. I tried to use Poser hair and it will take some serious study to use it. Thanks Allessandro now I can do this little old elf I have wanted to do for years.

edited December 1969

cwichura said:
    It's activated. But I can't figure anything out, and still haven't found the documentation, which if like INFINITO, one really needs to get going at first. Where is it supposed to be installed?

Also, the placement of the zoom control is turning out to be problematic using it on this laptop. I don't have a mouse hooked up for a scroll wheel, so have to use the zoom widget. But it's close to the bottom of the screen, and since it doesn't capture the mouse like Studio does, when the mouse hits the bottom of the screen, it stops scrolling. This means I can only zoom in a tiny amount at a time. Unless there's another way to do this. But again, I can't find the docs.

The manual should be in the Readme. Anyway, hold on and I'll put it on LAMH blog as well.

edited December 2012

In case you miss the PDF manual link in the Installer Readme, you may download the documentation here:

http://www.furrythings.com/LAMH.Manual.1.0.pdf

Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
  • larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

Ah man my luck the site is down when I try to checkout. I gonna cry. but I'm glad the code comes with the purchase so we don't have to fly over to where AM is and wake him up early in the morning anymore. Cant' wait to get this....

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,504
    edited December 2012

Alessandro's blog has some fantastic video tutorials to get you started if reading pdf's isn't your thing. :P

Edit: I guess between the Young Teens going live, and this awesome Daz-life-altering Hair plugin, there's probably a stampede of people overwhelming the stores.

Expect the forums to shortly begin overflowing with young teen pictures with lots of imaginative user-created hair styles in the coming days!

Post edited by DisparateDreamer on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 9,009
    edited December 1969

So how long will the sale price be good? I'm waiting on a credit refund right now and it would completely cover this, but I don't want to lose the shot at this fantastic price. Are we good through Xmas? New Year? March of 2014?

(Bought the young teens last night, so I have plenty to play with in the meantime... but dang, this has been a rough month on the pocket.)

edited December 1969

The manual should be in the Readme. Anyway, hold on and I'll put it on LAMH blog as well.

Well, this is DAZ's fault, then. They don't include readme/docs in installers anymore, instead pointing to docs.daz3d.com for everything, and the Readme for LAMH there (LAMH Readme) still gives the 'unreleased, check back soon' page instead of the real readme. So thanks for putting the PDF up on your site, since it's not otherwise available from DAZ right now.
    edited December 1969

cwichura said:

Well, this is DAZ's fault, then. They don't include readme/docs in installers anymore, instead pointing to docs.daz3d.com for everything, and the Readme for LAMH there (LAMH Readme) still gives the 'unreleased, check back soon' page instead of the real readme. So thanks for putting the PDF up on your site, since it's not otherwise available from DAZ right now.

Ok, I'll write DAZ about the PDF not showing in the Readme, sorry for the issue. About the other issue about the zoom/pan control not allowing to extend beyond the canvas, we are looking into it. We are planning on release frequent updates, since there are still features being developed that I'd like to add (and can't disclose yet) and of course any issue will be addressed as well.

edited December 1969

So how long will the sale price be good? I'm waiting on a credit refund right now and it would completely cover this, but I don't want to lose the shot at this fantastic price. Are we good through Xmas? New Year? March of 2014?

(Bought the young teens last night, so I have plenty to play with in the meantime... but dang, this has been a rough month on the pocket.)

4 weeks

• IceScribeIceScribe Posts: 693
    edited December 1969

LAMH is very exciting! Alessandro_AM has made a product that makes me very interested in trying to install DAZ Studio 4.5, LOL! The bear, wolves and cats demos sank my resolve not to buy anymore stuff for a while.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 9,009
    edited December 1969

4 weeks

Thank you sir, both for the great offer and the prompt response! You are a scholar, a coder and a gentleman!

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,832
    edited December 1969

LAMH looks amazing. Does anyone know if the hair exports successfully via Reality for rendering in LuxRender?

• willowfanwillowfan Posts: 238
    edited December 2012

I just installed the windows x64 version and I'm not seeing any icon pictures

Untitled.jpg
    320 x 875 - 44K
    Post edited by willowfan on
    edited December 1969

angusm said:
    LAMH looks amazing. Does anyone know if the hair exports successfully via Reality for rendering in LuxRender?

It definitely should!

edited December 1969

It looks like your resource file didn't install properly. Please check your:

Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/plugins/ folder

There you should have the lamhPlugin.64.dll file and a folder called lookatmyhairAM (which contains all the resource file).
    Check if it's there and files are inside...

edited December 1969

There you should have the lamhPlugin.64.dll file and a folder called lookatmyhairAM (which contains all the resource file).

I had the same problem, restart studio and it works ok

edited December 2012

angusm said:

I am in the process of trying with Octane but I just realized I don't have the big cat that I asked AM to make, I only have the LE cat which is not compatible so I'm in tears.

AM, thanks for the cat even though don't have that one, i'm going to see if I can find it in the store. Apparently I got the budget cat and never knew there was a difference.

crap didn't realize it was gonna be 15 to upgrade to the "real" big cat. *tears*

grrr. too many ups and downs today. *sadness*

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • willowfanwillowfan Posts: 238
    edited December 1969

I had the same problem, restart studio and it works ok

Yep that cured it, looks like it should now :)

This discussion has been closed.