[ Just Released ] DarKon for G2M & W.I.P DaVinci Devil The Aviatrix for G2F [Commercial]

Comments

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited December 1969

Thanks !! the Aviatrix set is going to be a masterpiece ..I am very inspired by it too as I need to figure out a lot of new ways .. and update my skills to the next level .. evolution in process

I may do some FREE add on textures for the DarKon set in a different style soon when I have little more time ..

• AdemnusAdemnus Posts: 744
    edited December 1969

Mec4D said:
    LOL I never said he was ! the droolworthy mysterious dude is a part of another set that is in production , a bundle with character hair and casual clothing .. he is based on my closer friend , he may looking strong but he is very nice and funny guy, so you must understand that I keep him for the best full set as I don't want to waste materials for partials only :)

Carola O said:
    aw, the droolworthy guy wasn't part of the package *grins* which leads me to ask... who is he? *smiles* The clothes and props looks great, can't wait to play with them :)

When you release this male character, I will buy him instantly.

And now I want to meet your friend ;)

edited December 1969

It will be my BUDDY3 lol
    soon you will know more about him than you asking for :) lol
    but seriously he can't wait to see what everyone render with his clone .. his girlfriend was not so enthusiastic about that and I don't blame her .. but we need to feed our runtimes with a hunk from time to time to bring the balance lol

Mec4D said:
    LOL I never said he was ! the droolworthy mysterious dude is a part of another set that is in production , a bundle with character hair and casual clothing .. he is based on my closer friend , he may looking strong but he is very nice and funny guy, so you must understand that I keep him for the best full set as I don't want to waste materials for partials only :)

Carola O said:
    aw, the droolworthy guy wasn't part of the package *grins* which leads me to ask... who is he? *smiles* The clothes and props looks great, can't wait to play with them :)

When you release this male character, I will buy him instantly.

And now I want to meet your friend ;)

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,971
    edited December 1969

A quick use of Darkon ...

EnforcersDAZ.jpg
    1500 x 1200 - 178K
    edited April 2014

Very nice Simon, nice light too , seems he was not much interested in Apocalipsa :)
    I am working on materials and in a break I made quick render adding the horse to Aviatrix Flying steam machine , more surrealistic but I had the taste for .. lol

Now you know how clouds are made ..

Aviatrix_horse.jpg
    1254 x 794 - 330K
    Post edited by MEC4D on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157
    edited December 1969

Horsie is having a good time! :-)

edited December 1969

LOL for sure .. I am having a really good time

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,379
    edited April 2014

Here's DarKon Orc done in Poser Pro 2012 Firefly render with tons of postwork for the background, a few little poke-throughs and some eye work.

Great work Cath! DarKon is a joy to work with!

DarKon_Orc_Erik_Pedersen_001a.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 577K
    Post edited by Gogger on
    edited December 1969

Looks great, would not guessing it was Poser .. very cool!
    one question, did you replaced the materials with the custom Poser I included for the metal, or you shut them down for the no shine effect?
    Just curious ... missing little bit the Iron at last for the Axe

but overall fantastic render

edited December 1969

Very nice Simon, nice light too , seems he was not much interested in Apocalipsa :)
    I am working on materials and in a break I made quick render adding the horse to Aviatrix Flying steam machine , more surrealistic but I had the taste for .. lol

Now you know how clouds are made .. [/quote
    That was just two lights - one AoA ambient, and one AoA distant :)
    Love the horse and the real explanation behind clouds :) Great wings on the horse, what are they?

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Mec4D said:

I love this one! :)

edited December 1969

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/39377/P30

and scroll down ..to see the Aviatrix wings from upcoming product set

SimonJM said:
    I am working on materials and in a break I made quick render adding the horse to Aviatrix Flying steam machine , more surrealistic but I had the taste for .. lol Now you know how clouds are made .. [/quote
    That was just two lights - one AoA ambient, and one AoA distant :)
    Love the horse and the real explanation behind clouds :) Great wings on the horse, what are they?
    edited December 1969

Thanks Kerya !

Kerya said:
    Mec4D said:

I love this one! :)

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Oh - and I did get DarKon ... :)
    Now I have to save for Aviatrix - looks like another winner!

edited April 2014

Mec4D said:
    one question, did you replaced the materials with the custom Poser I included for the metal, or you shut them down for the no shine effect?

Upon checking, after reading your comment, I probably got the DAZ materials even though I searched for the product via the Poser Library. I've been having some issues keeping DAZ and Poser content items from mixing due to a lack of coherent planning when I first started using DAZ. I was using Poser exclusively but cracked and started using DAZ when I noticed Look At My Hair Mammoths and sabre-toothed cats. :exclaim:

I'll have a look for the Poser materials and re-render/re-post to show the difference.

Looking forward to Aviatrix as well!

Edited to add updated image using Poser materials in Poser Pro 2012 instead of DAZ materials. I like the cloth black look of the first one as well as this shiny armoured one.

DarKon_Orc_Erik_Pedersen_002a.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 643K
    Post edited by Gogger on
    edited April 2014

@Kerya thanks for the support!
    @Gogger It should be under Runtime/Libraries/Materials/Mec4D/DSON_Darkon_G2M
    I just was not sure .. that why I ask.. you still do great job!

I just finished the flying steam machine for Aviatrix .. it is set on standard materials and work in any light as long you have at last 1 specualr set on for the reflection of the full surfaces since it is more a game style , it need specular or reflections

Rendered in DS with AoA Advanced light and AOA Fog Camera and all the stuff from AOA what was there ..since I discovered it recently I try new stuff out , the background was simple Backdrop ..but it matched so well
    now time for texturing the suit and the rest finally in the same style , it is raw and imperfect the way I want it to have .. :) Davinci would be happy to see it in animation .. lol ah and render time 1 minute !!!!

Flying_machine_final.jpg
    1778 x 1000 - 525K
    Post edited by MEC4D on
    edited December 1969

Here is the different style of the Add On for DarKon ..
    I am going to make also a new character HD for it ..

render in DS with preview light only .. zoom in ;)

Mec4D_Darkon_add_on_daz3d.com_pop1_.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 485K
    edited December 1969

Testing the new set with different kind of gel spots

Mec4D_Darkon_add_on_daz3d.com_pop3_.jpg
    1476 x 1857 - 499K
    Mec4D_Darkon_add_on_daz3d.com_pop2_.jpg
    1476 x 1857 - 588K
    edited December 1969

Mec4D said:

WOW! Very nice! Can't wait to take them for a spin.

edited December 1969

Sorry I missed your updated post..
    you are right , actually the Darker one fit better the character than the shiny .. but looks great but now for the comparison I would go for the dark one ..ahhahaha

Gogger said:
    Mec4D said:

Upon checking, after reading your comment, I probably got the DAZ materials even though I searched for the product via the Poser Library. I've been having some issues keeping DAZ and Poser content items from mixing due to a lack of coherent planning when I first started using DAZ. I was using Poser exclusively but cracked and started using DAZ when I noticed Look At My Hair Mammoths and sabre-toothed cats. :exclaim:

I'll have a look for the Poser materials and re-render/re-post to show the difference.

Looking forward to Aviatrix as well!

Edited to add updated image using Poser materials in Poser Pro 2012 instead of DAZ materials. I like the cloth black look of the first one as well as this shiny armoured one.

edited December 1969

Thanks, actually the all surface are actual level of metal and material reflections and one image rendered not more than 50 second with raytracing , I will include one material set with ray tracing and one with environment reflections in case someone like to render without a scene , in both cases render very cool .. this is more raw dirty type but also more realistic

I used one plane for the floor with the wood textures and one smaller plane with color above his head for the reflections

Gogger said:
    Mec4D said:

WOW! Very nice! Can't wait to take them for a spin.

raytrace-darkon12.jpg
    718 x 917 - 281K
    raytrace-darkon11.jpg
    718 x 917 - 425K
    edited December 1969

Mec4D said:
    Thanks, actually the all surface are actual level of metal and material reflections and one image rendered not more than 50 second with raytracing , I will include one material set with ray tracing and one with environment reflections in case someone like to render without a scene , in both cases render very cool .. this is more raw dirty type but also more realistic

I used one plane for the floor with the wood textures and one smaller plane with color above his head for the reflections

I was going to ask if that floor was from Jack Tomalin's Rural Chateau, but you already answered that. :-)

Man! If I hadn't already bought DarKon, I would MOST DEFINITELY be picking it up with these new textures!!! Both are very cool.

edited December 1969

They look great! But that's only to be expected :)

edited December 1969

Thanks ! well It may be possible that Jack have the same source for texture resource as the wood I used , as that is really great quality

I made error last night and have to rework my Darkon again from zero ! but that will be now easy , also I am in a need for a very realistic ORC in HD , so I am going to make him for DarKon .. and for the Add on ..and maybe another cape .. something different as usual ..I think it will be looking all awesome together when I put the max time into it ;)

Gogger said:
    Mec4D said:

I was going to ask if that floor was from Jack Tomalin's Rural Chateau, but you already answered that. :-)

Man! If I hadn't already bought DarKon, I would MOST DEFINITELY be picking it up with these new textures!!! Both are very cool.

• NadinoNadino Posts: 258
    edited December 1969

Quick question: Where are the movement morphs for the hair and cape? I can't seem to find them :(

edited December 1969

the hair and cape have custom weight map you can pose them individually , not need movements since morphs don't works so well in this case , all you need to do is select the cape in the scene and one of the bone and bend it twist side-side , it is very easy way as you pose genesis , if you use Poser you can use the red part of the cape as dynamic hybrid and use wind and all dynamic options .. I posed the cape separate in DS for my promos the way I describe above , everything below the Pelvis bone can be posed individually

• NadinoNadino Posts: 258
    edited December 1969

Mec4D said:
    the hair and cape have custom weight map you can pose them individually , not need movements since morphs don't works so well in this case , all you need to do is select the cape in the scene and one of the bone and bend it twist side-side , it is very easy way as you pose genesis , if you use Poser you can use the red part of the cape as dynamic hybrid and use wind and all dynamic options .. I posed the cape separate in DS for my promos the way I describe above , everything below the Pelvis bone can be posed individually

K thanks, I will try that :)

edited December 1969

If you want to have even more control over the extern posing, load the cape to the scene and in place of conforming , cancel and parent it to the Genesis chest , then you can pose everything below the Pelvis of the came to max in a fluid way

cape4.jpg
    718 x 917 - 105K
    cape3.jpg
    718 x 917 - 121K
    cape2.jpg
    718 x 917 - 175K
    cape1.jpg
    718 x 917 - 200K
    edited December 1969

Finally got the desire look for my add on for Darkon, the rest of the set will be in this style as well .. + character
    all surfaces are set on 100% controlled by maps only for the right values

Helmet_5.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 564K
    Helmet_2.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 425K
    Helmet_4.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 694K
    Helmet_3.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 528K
    Helmet_1.jpg
    718 x 917 - 494K
    edited December 1969

Mec4D said:
    Finally got the desire look for my add on for Darkon, the rest of the set will be in this style as well .. + character
    all surfaces are set on 100% controlled by maps only for the right values

Very nice! Any time frame on us being able to play with it too? Seriously though, I'd rather wait until you get it where YOU are happy with it than rush you. I'll be here, waiting, when it hits the store. :-)