[Released] Bone Breaker Fantasy Armor for Genesis 8 Males [Commercial]

Comments

• StrangeFateStrangeFate Posts: 785

@Willowraven - No 3DL textures I'm afraid, just Iray.

• LintonLinton Posts: 542

@Linton - Ground is part of the Highlands product. Hammer is part of the Brutal weapons product. There's a Genesis 8 version of the Brutal weapons in the works with some new stuff added, so I wouldn't jump the gun on those now unless you want them for G3, or don't mind converting them to G8.

Thanks, I'll check out the highlands set. Also, happy to wait for G8 versions with the extras (any chance of a wizard staff, that is a little more like a monk staff than a Gandalf-style one?) ie metal topped at both ends instead of a crystal or plant design.

• DamselDamsel Posts: 382

This set is really outstanding! And I love the war paint!

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,379

Yes, Please.

• ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,464

reminds me of Warhammer armor especially worn by Chaos Hordes really cool

• SamanthieSamanthie Posts: 308

Very awesomely cool! Looking forward to this armor! 

• You can guarentee that I'll be picking this up as soon as it hits the store! Looks amazing!

• MoreTNMoreTN Posts: 274
    Linton said:

@Linton - Ground is part of the Highlands product. Hammer is part of the Brutal weapons product. There's a Genesis 8 version of the Brutal weapons in the works with some new stuff added, so I wouldn't jump the gun on those now unless you want them for G3, or don't mind converting them to G8.

Thanks, I'll check out the highlands set. Also, happy to wait for G8 versions with the extras (any chance of a wizard staff, that is a little more like a monk staff than a Gandalf-style one?) ie metal topped at both ends instead of a crystal or plant design.

@Linton - have you looked at Staffs of Destiny by Valandar?

MoreTN said:
    Linton said:
    @Linton - have you looked at Staffs of Destiny by Valandar?

I have seen them, designs are not what I am after, though one of them may do in the short term, I am really after a more realistic weapon and for G8, not G8 . Not so much a fantasy weapon. Thanks for the idea though!

• TraceSLTraceSL Posts: 528

feel I been waiting a long time for this to hit the market place wink

edited June 2020

It's been sitting in QA for a while, but it's gone through now and should be out soon :)

We're also finishing a medieval/fantasy shields product that should go well with the armor :)

It has 7 unique shields and over 50 different paints in total, including some paints that match the style of the war paints included with the armor, like the one in the image below!

Post edited by StrangeFate on
  • XpiderManXpiderMan Posts: 426
    Nice!
  • GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,607

Looking forward to this set for sure. The inn actually picked my next product for me ;)

any plans to release these still Image may contain: 1 person

any plans to release these still Image may contain: 1 person

OMG! I'd buy these in an instant, those helms are incredible, and the pauldrons are nice too

@ANGELREAPER1972 - @Linton - Those are some old renders! At that point I didn't have everything modeled so I reused the waists and chest belts.

They're all fully modeled by now with unique parts for everything. The second armor in the image became the Bone Breaker armor, the next armor will probably be the one with the skull helmet.

There's some other products that need to be finished first, but those armors are all coming. They'll be textured in the same style as the Bone Breaker armor, so people should be able to mix and match parts nicely.

cool clicked your facebook link ans saw the above you posted that image from 2017 thought really cool and yea was wondering if the second one evolved into bonebreaker. Read in the description inspired by Conan and Warhammer love that stuff would love to see more stuff inspired by those franchises to use create some renders in that style

• SamanthieSamanthie Posts: 308

Going to get this Strangefate but are you planning on or are you currently working on more medieval interior sets? Do you have any medieval outdoor scenes/buildings planned? I love your work! heart

@Samanthie - I'm just going to copy/paste what I said in another thread about future plans :)

After the shields we'll be finishing a g8 version of the brutal weapons that come with some new stuff.

After that, roguey has been working on a hobbit style home that we'll release as separate rooms that can be linked together, hopefully with some modularity to choose how to connect the rooms... There will also be an exterior for that one. A few rooms are mostly finished with some architecture and texturing still to be done.

After that, another armor... And after that another room of the hobbit house followed by another armor followed by the next room followed by another armor :)

After all that, there's a long list to choose from. I've been wanting for a while to do some exteriors, ruins and such... And also armors for...... Animals... Kinda like the wolf mounts of world of War craft or I guess the tiger from he-man, just done in a more realistic fashion.
    There's some good big cats, bears etc on the store that would be fun to work with. Also wanted to do dwarf stuff, from armor to a ram mount like in the Hobbits movie etc etc etc... Not lacking ideas.

...There's also a medieval town square'ish area I've been wanting to do, that would also serve as an exterior for the Inn. Forgot to mention that in that other post.

And another promo for the shields, which also doubles as a good promo for the armor :)

• SummerhorseSummerhorse Posts: 684

These are an instant buy for me- so beautiful!

And thank you very much for the non skull versions-I like skulls as much as anyone, but for some things a lot of skull deco can get a little too WOW Wrath looking for my uses.

I was going with the skull only, you can thank some people in the forums that asked for a version without the skull :)

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 761

Will it be out this week? Maybe?

QA was finished last week so I'm sure it will be sooonish :)

• watchdog79watchdog79 Posts: 1,026

I look forward to having this armour. I cannot wait to see it in the shop.cool

Any chance of seeing a Genesis 8 Female variant of it or maybe Kadis armour for Genesis 8 Female, please? Pretty please, especially concerning Kadis?

Well, one of the testers for the armor put it on a G8 female and it was looking surprisingly good (if you ignore all the stuff that usually breaks when doing that) so it might happen. I'd have to look at it a bit closer and see how much work it is, but it didn't look bad worn by a female so that's some good incentive to look at it.

Can't say about the Kadis armor right now. I looked at it again when I was doing the Bone Breaker armor to see how I had solved some issues back then and it was scary how 'unsolved' most technical issues were. My Daz knowledge back then was verrryyy limited so if I did a G8 port I'd want to take the time to redo/fix a few things, as far as the rigging and a few other things go.

I always figured most people would already have found ways to bring it to G8 on their own, given the g3 to G8 converters around and that therre wouldn't be much interest in it.

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,493
    edited June 2020

Legit, the first words that came out my mouth when loading this thread were, "Holy Sh$t!" This set is dead sexy! Take my money already

Post edited by Greybro on
  • fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077
    edited June 2020

@Strangefate, @watchdog79 "maybe Kadis armour for Genesis 8 Female"

FWIW, I converted Kadis using Riversoft's G3F to G8F converter with no apparent issues. Here's a screen cap of G8F. No tweaking any pieces.

Capture.PNG
    614 x 781 - 386K
    Post edited by fastbike1 on
    @fastbike1 - nice, thanks for posting, was curious about that. Do the bones and such work too I assume?
  • jedijuddjedijudd Posts: 606

fastbike1 - does it distort really bad after posing though, thats what happens with a lot of stuff I have tried converting with it

• watchdog79watchdog79 Posts: 1,026

@fastbike1 Thank you. I have the Kadis, but I haven't used it on a Genesis 8 yet.

Perhaps it is going to work better on core characters containing the Genesis 3 clones? As soon as I learn what that actually means and how to use it, that is...