[Released] Materials Wizard Bundle [Commercial]

RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,525

The Materials Wizard (MW) Bundle by Arki and RiverSoft Art revolutionizes the use and exploration of skin materials, especially using Layered Image Editor (LIE) materials!

Materials Wizard is designed to be extensible and provides a foundation for an upcoming series of skin products that provide fast, fun, and powerful use of materials.  With optimizations that provide 10-16x faster previews in its revolutionary editor, explore all of the power of LIEs without the historical slowness.  The Materials Wizard Bundle includes Materials Wizard (which comes with the MW Ultimate Makeup Salon), the MW Ultimate Body Salon and the MW Ultimate Masks add-ons.  Together, you get a complete face and body solution for your Genesis 3 Females and Genesis 8 Females. 

Refer to each item in the bundle for additional information.

STOP wasting time trying materials presets ONE BY ONE.  Materials Wizard is a powerful script for trying EVERYTHING AT ONCE and at INCREDIBLE SPEED! The script ensures the materials are applied PERFECTLY every time, automatically applying effects and changes in the correct order and to ALL materials and channels.  AVOID the painful slowness of using LIEs with an optimized preview that provides an INCREDIBLE 10-16x SPEED INCREASE!

Features

• The Power of Layered Image materials, the speed of ordinary materials.  Optimized Previews of LIEs materials provide a 10-16x speed increase while trying options!  Only when you are completely happy with your look will the normal LIEs be applied.
  • All Material Options are organized at your fingertips.  Add materials, and modify color and strength. The script ensures all material channels get updated quickly and easily.
  • STOP being limited to a few colors, choose the perfect color from MILLIONS! No more searching for a specific color through cluttered folders of presets (if you are lucky) or having to change surfaces manually.
  • Extensible with Themes and Looks.  A “Look” is a collection of material settings. Multiple Looks are organized into a theme.  Two themes and 10 looks are included for the Ultimate Makeup Salon.
  • Have material options “follow” other options. Perfectly coordinate your materials quickly and easily. For example, change eye shadow material colors and lipstick material colors will change to match!
  • Real-Time Iray Preview.  See changes in the viewport in real-time and control the camera in the script!

Notes: DESIGNED TO BE EXTENSIBLE.  The Materials Wizard script will grow as your library grows. The Materials Wizard comes with the Ultimate Makeup Salon, and 2 themes (Disco and Goth) for it, each containing 5 Looks.  Add-on Products with new Materials Options, Themes and Looks are planned!

Materials Wizard is for Iray Only.  Materials Wizard only works with products designed for it.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: The product description/video says that Materials Wizard only works with products designed for it. What does that mean?

A: It means that the Materials Wizard products need specialized LIE materials and other materials to work properly. Normal LIEs and materials cannot be used with the Materials Wizard script, though most other LIEs can be applied after applying MW LIEs. You should have no problem to use the included Materials Wizard materials on a range of character skins for G3F and G8F. Results may vary. LIEs and materials in general are a ticklish subject, and we tried to cover a range of material settings and channels to ensure maximum compatibility with existing character skins. We might not have caught all the cases, though.

Q: Will there be a male addon?

A: It is on our to do list :) It largely depends on the success of this first Material Wizards release.

Q: Can the Materials Wizard save my chosen makeup/materials combination?

A: Yes. You can save just your chosen combination of material, colors and opacity which can then later be applied to other skins you want to use as a base.

Q: Can the Materials Wizard be used as a merchant resource?

A: No. The Materials Wizard and patterns/styles generated by it are not a merchant resource.

main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 1M
popup_1.jpg
1300 x 1024 - 450K
popup_2.jpg
1300 x 1024 - 379K
popup_3.jpg
1300 x 1024 - 386K
popup_4.jpg
1300 x 1024 - 373K
popup_5.jpg
1473 x 1300 - 2M
popup_6.jpg
1300 x 1024 - 337K
popup_7.jpg
1351 x 1300 - 2M
popup_8.jpg
1300 x 1024 - 411K
popup_9.jpg
1199 x 1300 - 1M
popup_10.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 1M
popup_11.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 1M
popup_12.jpg
1300 x 1100 - 1M
popup_13.jpg
1100 x 1300 - 790K
popup_14.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 739K
popup_15.jpg
1032 x 1300 - 859K
popup_16.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 1M
popup_17.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 383K
popup_18.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 867K
Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

Comments

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,525
    edited June 2020

Bundle 1 of 3: Materials Wizard

The Materials Wizard (MW) with included Ultimate Makeup Salon revolutionizes the use and exploration of skin materials, especially using Layered Image Editor (LIE) materials!

The Materials Wizard by Arki and RiverSoft Art is designed to be extensible and provides a foundation for an upcoming series of skin products that provide fast, fun, and powerful use of materials.  With optimizations that provide 10-16x faster previews in its revolutionary editor, explore all of the power of LIEs without the historical slowness.  The included MW Ultimate Makeup Salon leverages the Materials Wizard to provide powerful, extensible, and amazing makeup for your Genesis 3 Females and Genesis 8 Females.  The MW Ultimate Makeup Salon has an incredibly broad range of makeup options suitable for any skin type, for eye shadows and eyeliners, lipstick and lip ornaments, blushes, and more!  The Materials Wizard only works with products designed for it.

STOP wasting time trying materials presets ONE BY ONE.  Materials Wizard is a powerful script for trying EVERYTHING AT ONCE and at INCREDIBLE SPEED! The script ensures the materials are applied PERFECTLY every time, automatically applying effects and changes in the correct order and to ALL materials and channels.  AVOID the painful slowness of using LIEs with an optimized preview that provides an INCREDIBLE 10-16x SPEED INCREASE!

Features

• The Power of Layered Image materials, the speed of ordinary materials.  Optimized Previews of LIEs materials provide a 10-16x speed increase while trying options!  Only when you are completely happy with your look will the normal LIEs be applied.
    • All Material Options are organized at your fingertips.  Add materials, and modify color and strength. The script ensures all material channels get updated quickly and easily.
    • STOP being limited to a few colors, choose the perfect color from MILLIONS! No more searching for a specific color through cluttered folders of presets (if you are lucky) or having to change surfaces manually.
    • Extensible with Themes and Looks.  A “Look” is a collection of material settings. Multiple Looks are organized into a theme.  Two themes and 10 looks are included for the Ultimate Makeup Salon.
    • Have material options “follow” other options. Perfectly coordinate your materials quickly and easily. For example, change eye shadow material colors and lipstick material colors will change to match!
    • Real-Time Iray Preview.  See changes in the viewport in real-time and control the camera in the script!
    • INCLUDES ULTIMATE MAKEUP SALON!  OVER 70 unique presets, infinite possibilities. Includes over 70 presets specifying the shapes for eye shadows and eyeliners, lipstick and lip ornaments, blushes, and more!  Combine them in the Materials Wizard and use the color pickers to make an infinite number of looks!

Notes: DESIGNED TO BE EXTENSIBLE.  The Materials Wizard script will grow as your library grows. The Materials Wizard comes with the Ultimate Makeup Salon, and 2 themes (Disco and Goth) for it, each containing 5 Looks.  Add-on Products with new Materials Options, Themes and Looks are planned!

Materials Wizard is for Iray Only.

main.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    popup_1.jpg
    1300 x 1024 - 450K
    popup_2.jpg
    1300 x 1024 - 379K
    popup_3.jpg
    1300 x 1024 - 386K
    popup_4.jpg
    1300 x 1024 - 373K
    popup_5.jpg
    1473 x 1300 - 2M
    popup_6.jpg
    1300 x 1076 - 454K
    popup_7.jpg
    1004 x 1300 - 692K
    popup_8.jpg
    1032 x 1300 - 859K
    popup_9.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    popup_10.jpg
    1300 x 1100 - 1M
    edited June 2020

Bundle 2 of 3: MW Ultimate Body Salon

The Materials Wizard (MW) Ultimate Body Salon by Arki and RiverSoft Art is the ultimate body makeover for your Genesis 3 Females and Genesis 8 Females.

Designed for any skin type and coordinated with the MW Ultimate Masks, the MW Ultimate Body Salon provides full-body patterns and materials for your Genesis 3 Females and Genesis 8 Females.  The MW Ultimate Body Salon is a Materials Wizard product add-on, which means you get blazingly fast previews of all materials (up to 10-16x faster with Layered Image Editor - LIE materials!), millions of color options, "follow" other presets for color and opacity changes, and favorites and integration with ALL Materials Wizards products.

With over 70 unique presets, The MW Ultimate Body Salon provides amazing designs and patterns, foundations and glitter for the head and torso, arms, and legs of your Genesis 3 Females and Genesis 8 Females.

Note: MW Ultimate Body Salon is for Iray Only.

main.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    popup_1.jpg
    1300 x 1024 - 337K
    popup_2.jpg
    1351 x 1300 - 2M
    popup_3.jpg
    1100 x 1300 - 749K
    popup_4.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 383K
    popup_5.jpg
    1004 x 1300 - 693K
    popup_6.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 867K
    popup_7.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    edited June 2020

Bundle 3 of 3: MW Ultimate Masks

The Materials Wizard (MW) Ultimate Masks by Arki and RiverSoft Art is the ultimate tribal, post-apocalyptic, or fantasy facial makeover for your Genesis 3 Females and Genesis 8 Females.

Designed for any skin type and coordinated with the MW Ultimate Body Salon, the MW Ultimate Masks provides facial patterns and materials for your Genesis 3 Females and Genesis 8 Females.  The MW Ultimate Masks is a Materials Wizard product add-on, which means you get blazingly fast previews of all materials (up to 10-16x faster with Layered Image Editor - LIE materials!), millions of color options, "follow" other presets for color and opacity changes, and favorites and integration with ALL Materials Wizards products.

With almost 30 unique presets (and millions of color variations provided by Materials Wizard), The MW Ultimate Masks provides amazing designs and patterns, foundations and glitter for the faces of your Genesis 3 Females and Genesis 8 Females.

Note: MW Ultimate Masks is for Iray Only.

main.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    popup_1.jpg
    1300 x 1024 - 411K
    popup_2.jpg
    1199 x 1300 - 1M
    popup_3.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 957K
    popup_4.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    popup_5.jpg
    919 x 1300 - 866K
    popup_6.jpg
    1100 x 1300 - 790K
    popup_7.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 739K
  • pdspds Posts: 593

This looks pretty amazing. Any possibility of a means of converting existing LIE presets to work with it?

• Awesome !

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305
    pds said:

This looks pretty amazing. Any possibility of a means of converting existing LIE presets to work with it?

This would be handy.  I'd rather wait a half a minute on the LIE I really want than get the LIE I'm not crazy about instantly.

pds said:

Not immediately no.  I would have to investigate it.

Awesome !

Thanks! laugh

• WolfwoodWolfwood Posts: 676

While i get descriptions the bundle makeup will be for females. Does the Material Wizzard also be gender targeted?  As in males will require a complete new "material wizzard" or just the makeup addons?

Sevrin said:
    pds said:

This would be handy.  I'd rather wait a half a minute on the LIE I really want than get the LIE I'm not crazy about instantly.

I have to agree with this. Having the possibility to convert existing LIE by script and the ability to do the same as we get new adquisitions is what can change this tool from "great/amazing" to a probably general "must have". And i don't mean it to competing makeups specific products, lots of characters include LIE makeup.

• shadem980shadem980 Posts: 48

Agree with all of this as it becomes a faster means to work with Daz Studio as a whole and we can enjoy Riversofts work as well as our current library. Perhaps a custom LIE import section addon?

Wolfwood said:

While i get descriptions the bundle makeup will be for females. Does the Material Wizzard also be gender targeted?  As in males will require a complete new "material wizzard" or just the makeup addons?

Sevrin said:
    pds said:

I have to agree with this. Having the possibility to convert existing LIE by script and the ability to do the same as we get new adquisitions is what can change this tool from "great/amazing" to a probably general "must have". And i don't mean it to competing makeups specific products, lots of characters include LIE makeup.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,344

Looks great.

Wolfwood said:

Right now at least, there is gender oriented code in the materials wizard. 

Wolfwood said:
    Sevrin said:
    pds said:

Artini said:

Looks great.

Thanks! smiley

• veenveen Posts: 137

That looks amazing!!!! Can we use it as merchant recourse??? Any ETA?? ;)

veen said:

That looks amazing!!!! Can we use it as merchant recourse??? Any ETA?? ;)

Thanks. laugh  Sorry, it is not a merchant resource though. 

ETA?  very soon cheeky

• James_HJames_H Posts: 1,021

Looks very interesting. Would like a male version.

James_H said:

Looks very interesting. Would like a male version.

Thanks.  We definitely plan a male version as well. 

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

Even after going through the three first posts above I utterly fail to understand what this product is supposed to do.

Is there a chance to get some information instead of marketing speak? And in simple words, please, as I am a) old and b) not a native english speaker...

• barbultbarbult Posts: 24,017

Even after going through the three first posts above I utterly fail to understand what this product is supposed to do.

Is there a chance to get some information instead of marketing speak? And in simple words, please, as I am a) old and b) not a native english speaker...

My interpretation is that Materials Wizard is a new tool to select, preview and apply face and body makeup to Genesis 3 Females and Genesis 8 Females. It works only with the companion makeup products created to work with it, according to the product page. It is faster than using the existing LIE (Layered Image Editor) method of applying overlay layers to a character for makeup. 

• LauritaLaurita Posts: 212
    edited July 2020

Such a shame, it doesn't work with V3Digiimes' Wet and Tanned Skins, which are the basis for my used skintones. Bummer.

ohcrap.jpg
    404 x 425 - 34K
    Post edited by Laurita on
    barbult said:

My interpretation is that Materials Wizard is a new tool to select, preview and apply face and body makeup to Genesis 3 Females and Genesis 8 Females. It works only with the companion makeup products created to work with it, according to the product page. It is faster than using the existing LIE (Layered Image Editor) method of applying overlay layers to a character for makeup. 

@Barbult is correct (Thanks!).  Materials Wizard is a script that makes it MUCH faster to explore LIE based presets that have been designed for it.  It cannot make other LIE products faster.  The script and the makeup salon, body salon, and masks were designed together to make this speed preview possible.  We plan to release other products that will be MW compatible in the future if this is successful.

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,799

Materials Wizard only works with products designed for it.

Can you explain what this sentence means? It's tucked away in the corner of one of the demo images, but sounds rather important.

I'm assuming it doesn't mean that the wizard only works on figures designed to accept its changes to their surfaces - but that's what it seems to be saying. What other products might be involved?

• ArkiArki Posts: 199
    edited July 2020

Hi all!

As some questions seem to be cropping up, I will try to deliver a few short answers:
    Q: The product description/video says that Materials Wizard only works with products designed for it. What does that mean?
    A: Normal LIEs and materials cannot be used with the Materials Wizard script, though most other LIEs can be applied after applying MW LIEs.
    You should have no problem to use the included Materials Wizard materials on a range of character skins for G3F and G8F. Results may vary. LIEs and materials in general are a ticklish subject, and we tried to cover a range of material settings and channels to ensure maximum compatibility with existing character skins. We might not have caught all the cases, though.

Q: Will there be a male addon?
    A: It is on our to do list :)  It largely depends on the success of this first Material Wizards release.

Post edited by Arki on
  • ArkiArki Posts: 199
    edited July 2020

And also regarding the question by loho54_fd84fe6a92 RiverSoftArt for whom I am posting says:
    If you apply Wet and Tanned Skins after MW, it seems to work as long as you are only using the LIE presets in MW.

Post edited by Arki on
  • LauritaLaurita Posts: 212
    Arki said:

And also regarding the question by loho54_fd84fe6a92 RiverSoftArt for whom I am posting says:
    If you apply Wet and Tanned Skins after MW, it seems to work as long as you are only using the LIE presets in MW.

Thanks for your info, but sadly it doesn't - at least not fully. W&T Skins states that the LIEs aren't IRAY uber shaders and when I apply those, most of your files disappear.

I did take a look into your LIE management, because I felt it might be a problem with the blend modes, but I wasn't successful.

Arki said:

Thanks for your info, but sadly it doesn't - at least not fully. W&T Skins states that the LIEs aren't IRAY uber shaders and when I apply those, most of your files disappear.

I did take a look into your LIE management, because I felt it might be a problem with the blend modes, but I wasn't successful.

Huh, ok.  I have W&T but don't use it often.  I was able to apply a tan after using MW (only losing the eye shadow because that is not LIE) and render it.  Unfortunately, the forums are not cooperating and I couldn't upload the image (neither could Arki)

edited July 2020

Materials Wizard only works with products designed for it.

Can you explain what this sentence means? It's tucked away in the corner of one of the demo images, but sounds rather important.

I'm assuming it doesn't mean that the wizard only works on figures designed to accept its changes to their surfaces - but that's what it seems to be saying. What other products might be involved?

No, it can work with most figures skins (we certainly tested it enough) though obviously we could not test it with everything. We are talking about other LIE products (tattoos, other makeups, etc), though even those probably work if they are applied after MW.

EDIT: We agree that this information is important too.  So we put the information in the first popup of MW Bundle and MW itself, as well as the text for the products.  

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750
    barbult said:

Ah, yes... that makes sense, even to me. You really managed to put all the vital information in just three sentences. Amazing yes

• achimsachims Posts: 76

As long as I cannot create my own "MW compatible" products, the usefulness of this script depends completely on

- if and how long you (Arki and RiverSoft Art) will create further "MW compatible" products
    and
    - whether these additional products meet my needs / taste,

right?

Since I don't like being so dependent, will there be another script that I can use to create my own "MW compatible" products?

achims said:

As long as I cannot create my own "MW compatible" products, the usefulness of this script depends completely on

- if and how long you (Arki and RiverSoft Art) will create further "MW compatible" products
    and
    - whether these additional products meet my needs / taste,

right?

Since I don't like being so dependent, will there be another script that I can use to create my own "MW compatible" products?

I think it depends on if these specific products and additional products meet [your] needs / taste.  At least for the forseeable future, other products will not be compatible with MW.  We certainly plan new products but you need to decide on how what is available benefits you.