[Released] Materials Wizard Bundle [Commercial]

Comments

• decedddecedd Posts: 31

Hello,

This product looks very interesting. It is in my wish list
    Before buy this product.
    My question is: "Does this product save the makeup created or not"? Or is just a commercial product, making the creation of make-up for beautiful renderings  ... But in the end, useless ...
    With my respect

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,525
    edited July 2020
    decedd said:

Hello,

This product looks very interesting. It is in my wish list
    Before buy this product.
    My question is: "Does this product save the makeup created or not"? Or is just a commercial product, making the creation of make-up for beautiful renderings  ... But in the end, useless ...
    With my respect

Thank you for your interest! I am not sure I understand your question.  This product applies specially created material presets to your G3F/G8F characters (currently, those presets are makeup options but there are plans for other skin options).  What is unique about this product is the speed and ease and versatility (millions of colors and levels of transparency without presets) it allows you while doing it.  But after the materials are applied, it is like all other material products.  You make beautiful renderings, book covers, animations, etc.  

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

Thanks for your quick answer.

Sorry for my English. I use a translator.
    My question is: "With this product. Can i save the makeup I created"
    (In skin Builder, I can save my skin, my makeup (very complicated to make) etc ...

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

@RiverSoftArt

I believe @decedd is asking if a custom makeup design can be saved as a material preset or "baked". Having bought, but not yet used MW, I would hope/think a custom creation can be save in some form.

fastbike1 said:

@RiverSoftArt

I believe @decedd is asking if a custom makeup design can be saved as a material preset or "baked". Having bought, but not yet used MW, I would hope/think a custom creation can be save in some form.

Yes, it's correct @fastbike1. Thank you

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

I’m pretty sure I saw in the video, riversoftart mentioned they can be saved as a ‘favourite ‘, so you can apply that specific preset on another figure using the material wizard script. 

decedd said:
    fastbike1 said:

@RiverSoftArt

Yes, it's correct @fastbike1. Thank you

• ArkiArki Posts: 199
    edited July 2020

Hi all!

@jakiblue is correct: we have a Favorites system which allows to save all the chosen shapes, colors and opacity settings, etc. They can then be later applied to any base skin.
    See these two timestamps in the video where the system is mentioned:
    https://youtu.be/XVJUfg_JtLI?t=179
    https://youtu.be/XVJUfg_JtLI?t=638
    You will find more info about this feature in the included PDF manual, see section "Script Interface" - "To Use", page 4, first paragraph ""Favorites, Themes and Looks".

Another way would be to save the finalized full materials of the figure itself. That would of course include the base skin.

Post edited by Arki on

@akiblue
    Thank you for your answer. But the "Favorites" function. Is not interesting for me.

@fastbike1 to give the correct version of my question.

@Arki Do you confirm that it is possible to save the complete finalized materials, which includes the basic skin?

@decedd: Definitely. You only need to apply the makeups/patterns you like with the Materials Wizard, then save as a normal material inside DAZ Studio.

• Looks awesome! In my cart now! Thank you!

Thank you @Arki for your concrete answer !!!
    And your fabulous products like "Aguja"
    Greetings. Decedd

@blkcrow820: Have fun!

@decedd: You're very welcome! And thank you :D

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,042

Thank you both for this product. I found it very easy to use. Especially since I watched the You Tube video first this time!

My first try was on VYK Marnie but as I was ready to post the render, I realized there was 'something' looming in the top of the render that I could not track down. So nothing to show.

I played with a number of blush, eye shadow and lip color options and enjoyed the chance to have soft makeup. I find those very hard to find for characters for professional, home/casual, or young teen (non-Goth) looks.

The bundle was a great purchase.  Looking forward to your male product and any add-ons you come up with.

• QuasarQuasar Posts: 623

Since this can't import other LIE sets, could other PAs update their older LIE products or make new ones to work with MW?

Thank you both for this product. I found it very easy to use. Especially since I watched the You Tube video first this time!

My first try was on VYK Marnie but as I was ready to post the render, I realized there was 'something' looming in the top of the render that I could not track down. So nothing to show.

I played with a number of blush, eye shadow and lip color options and enjoyed the chance to have soft makeup. I find those very hard to find for characters for professional, home/casual, or young teen (non-Goth) looks.

The bundle was a great purchase.  Looking forward to your male product and any add-ons you come up with.

Excellent!  I am glad it worked out for you.

Looks awesome! In my cart now! Thank you!

You're welcome!  Thank you for your support.

Quasar said:

Since this can't import other LIE sets, could other PAs update their older LIE products or make new ones to work with MW?

I don't know if they will or want to, but they could.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,961

...will the male version be a standalone or require having the female version as well? I already have Skin Builder3 and am both well versed, and satisfied with it for female characters.

kyoto kid said:

...will the male version be a standalone or require having the female version as well? I already have Skin Builder3 and am both well versed, and satisfied with it for female characters.

No, right now I don't think you will need the female version, though that may change as we work on it and work out issues.

• DivaDollyDivaDolly Posts: 93
    edited July 2020

Hi Riversoftart and ARKI

I purchased the Material Wizard Bundle and Content Wizard the other day but have only had the chance to check them out today. I installed both the Material Wizard bundle and the Content Wizard via Smart Content Panel, however, I am experiencing problems with accessing the content because I receive errors. Please can you direct me to your help page on DAZ Studio because I am so looking forward to using this product. I have taken some screenshots that might be relevant to this enquiry. Sorry but I can be very dim at times but I would seriously appreciate your expert advice.  Hope the attachments help resolve my issues

Thank you 

Karen angel

MaterialWizard(01a).jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 406K
    MaterialWizard(01).jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 397K
    ContentWizard.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 396K
    Post edited by DivaDolly on
    DivaDolly said:

Hi Riversoftart and ARKI

I purchased the Material Wizard Bundle and Content Wizard the other day but have only had the chance to check them out today. I installed both the Material Wizard bundle and the Content Wizard via Smart Content Panel, however, I am experiencing problems with accessing the content because I receive errors. Please can you direct me to your help page on DAZ Studio because I am so looking forward to using this product. I have taken some screenshots that might be relevant to this enquiry. Sorry but I can be very dim at times but I would seriously appreciate your expert advice.  Hope the attachments help resolve my issues

Thank you 

Karen angel

Hi!  Thank you for the support! smiley

For Content Wizard, the fact that your screenshot shows no icons probably means that the files are not even there.  If you right-click the Content Wizard icon and "Browse to File Location...", what shows up?  I would uninstall and install again.

For the Materials Wizard, it is not finding the materials.  When you right-click the AKRS Materials Wizard Icon and "Browse to File Location", you should be in:
    SOME DIRECTORY/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/AKRS Materials Wizard/AKRS Materials Wizard.dse

There should also be 

SOME DIRECTORY/People/Genesis 8 Female/Materials/AKRS Materials Wizard/Ultimate Makeup Salon/

If not, THAT is the problem and I would uninstall and reinstall.

I will say that I find using DIM for installing the products generally works better, especially if you want the 3 MW products to work together.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,961
    kyoto kid said:

No, right now I don't think you will need the female version, though that may change as we work on it and work out issues.

..thank you.  I'm, subscribed to the thread so I can get updates. 

Having a male skin building/development utility would be extremely helpful for custom character development.  Being able to create your own skins not only makes characters more unique, but also more economical as you don't have to purchase a bunch of premade character content just to build a library of skin textures.

edited July 2020
    kyoto kid said:
    kyoto kid said:

..thank you.  I'm, subscribed to the thread so I can get updates. 

Having a male skin building/development utility would be extremely helpful for custom character development.  Being able to create your own skins not only makes characters more unique, but also more economical as you don't have to purchase a bunch of premade character content just to build a library of skin textures.

It is on our very soon to do list. smiley I do want to make sure you know that this is not like Skin Builder.  It is more a traditional materials product, but with a super fast editor for LIEs.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,344
    edited July 2020

No renders from those, who purchased the item, yet?

Is it too hard to get some nice materials or what?

Please post something, people.

Post edited by Artini on
    Artini said:

No renders from those, who purchased the item, yet?

Is it too hard to get some nice materials or what?

Please post something, people.

I would like to see something too! smiley

• teknology3dteknology3d Posts: 24
    edited July 2020

Is this can be used as MR?

Post edited by teknology3d on

Is this can be used as MR?

No, this is not a merchant resource.

edited July 2020

I saw the request for renders and while I am not great, I tried again. After my first, I was going for more extreme and just as I was ready to render, my computer crashed totally. After I recovered with lunch, I tried again, but this time different, using the tribal options, light on makeup. 

First Ellie for Teen Jane 8 as a mild Goth (sorry I can't seem to be that Gothy).

Second, Angharad 8 HD. I wanted some tribal markings for the upper arms but nope, only the lower ones. Sigh.

Slowly understanding the controls. I highly recommend keeping Iray Preview off unless you absolutely need it, or your computer is beefy.

Mary

Ellie for TeenJane 8.png
    1200 x 1440 - 1M
    Tribal Warrior.png
    2000 x 2000 - 6M
    Post edited by memcneil70 on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,344

Very nice, Mary. Thanks for the images.

You are welcome Artini. Now, go on, get to work and blow me away! :-)