Carrara Community Art Gallery - Show us your Renders!!!

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,128

Excellent additions mschack, Khoe, Stezza, and Wendy.  I am impressed.

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226
    edited August 2021

testing ambient+haze+gamma

rendered in less than 2 minutes

0.jpg
    4800 x 2700 - 997K
    Post edited by magaremoto on
    edited August 2021

another try with cloudy fog as environment lighting source

a 3' render

1.jpg
    2880 x 1620 - 2M
  • KhoeKhoe Posts: 308
    edited August 2021

I would like to show a result here with Gemini of the replacement figure for Genesis 8.1. It works very well. I've learned so much in such a short amount of time through the forum here. Thank you all. The latest discovery has been to improve skin texture and shine, etc. Thanks :)

Afrikan warior2.jpg
    864 x 1080 - 148K
    Post edited by Khoe on
  • mschackmschack Posts: 337

Nice render!

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,328

Hi Gemini! Wow, that's a nice scene Khoe has put you in - and you look fit for such a place.

Fare you well, Princess of the Wilds!!! :)

Nice job Khoe!

Magaremoto, wow, 36" filled with pixels!!! And using Cloudy Fog as an ambient light source to boot.... must have taken a bit of time to render, eh?

Dartanbeck said:

Hi Gemini! Wow, that's a nice scene Khoe has put you in - and you look fit for such a place.

Nice job Khoe!

Magaremoto, wow, 36" filled with pixels!!! And using Cloudy Fog as an ambient light source to boot.... must have taken a bit of time to render, eh?

Took 10 hours to render. It was worth it to me. :) I've tried a lot, but all results have not been good. Do you have another solution?

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,996

Dartanbeck said:

hmm.. I read that as 3 minutes ... cool 

edited September 2021

@ dartanbeck and stezza: it took only 3 minutes (fast lighting quality); carrara is very fast to render optimized maps, much less with parametric shaders.

This one took 12 minutes in an effort to tweak the right sss on G3 and G8. a little bit more contrast in post

12.jpg
    2880 x 1620 - 358K
    edited September 2021

A new render with Harper and clotings vor Genesis 8.1
    it works fine with Harper. 

Dschungelkaempfer.jpg
    864 x 1080 - 182K
    Post edited by Khoe on

Khoe said:

Dartanbeck said:

Nice job Khoe!

Took 10 hours to render. It was worth it to me. :) I've tried a lot, but all results have not been good. Do you have another solution?

Well, my solutions aren't for everybody, I'm sure. I've been crafting my workflow toward fast renders for animation for a very long time, and am only beginning to start testing the waters going the other way - slower, more realistic/believable, etc.,

The way that I normally would work for fast animation renders is to not use things like Sky Light (global illumination) or Indirect lighting, though many others do use them.

I also light my scenery just to light the scenery - not worrying about the character. In this phase, I'm only looking for making the scenery look good for what I want.

Mostly like this (though this is for indoor scenes)

Then I work on the character in its own scene and light him or her Only - not worrying about the scenery. Like this:

Then I either bring the saved scenery file into the character scene, or bring the saved character scene into the scenery scene - whichever works best for what I'm doing, and render them all together that way.

For my movie work, I actually render both scenes separately and bring them together in post, like this:

That's how I work to keep my render times low. My scenery scenes often take far less than a minute per frame if I render them without the character, and my character scenes usually render in about a minute per frame without the scenery - and even sometimes with the scenery as well.

Rosie, on the other hand, can take between a minute and a half to more than five minutes per frame, depending on how close the camera is.

I'm certainly no longer opposed to having longer render times, since I'm away from my computer so much. Just let it render while I'm away. But this is a formula that has been working with, and I have been happy with the results for what I'm intending to do, so I take the new render time savings (because of the better computer) and just try to get more done.

My goal has never been to make realism, but to make something that is fun to watch. So now is the hard part - editing the story to something I like so I can put all of the renders together to make a complete work that I can be proud of.

By the way... I really love your renders! I really do!

In fact, the beginning of the Character Design video above shows a screen capture of Carrara rendering an interior star ship scene with nine animated characters. It zips along pretty good, considering that's an older style of scene setup and lighting for me (I just opened it and rendered to get that screen capture and final result to follow)

edited September 2021

Thought I would try a little show reel, get my feet wet in Hitfilm anyway...  You've all seen these probably.

A few Carrara renders - YouTube

Post edited by mschack on
  • mschack said:

Thought I would try a little show reel, get my feet wet in Hitfilm anyway...  You've all seen these probably.

A few Carrara renders - YouTube

liked and subscribed yes 

Thanks!

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738

Me too, actually.  I even commented :)  Nice work, mschack.

edited September 2021

"Is there no one else?  IS THERE NO ONE ELSE?!!"    (trying to come up with a corny title lol)

AchillesHair5.png
    900 x 1350 - 784K
    Post edited by Jonstark on
  • video

been revisiting some old stuff

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,996
    edited September 2021

Two Pelicans

Two Pelicans.png
    800 x 623 - 577K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • ProPoseProPose Posts: 527

That's what the missus said......hmmm

edited September 2021

Furry Pup

I realized that for all my experiments with Carrara hair, I never once put fur on an animal before.  It was so easy!  Way easier than making a human hairstyle, maybe 10 min or so and bam, done.  :) 

FurryPup.png
    4000 x 2250 - 5M
    edited September 2021

Furry friends lounging.

FurryFriends2.png
    4000 x 2250 - 6M
  • nice fur buddies heart

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,128

Excellent furries!

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Jonstark said:

Furry friends lounging.

Nicely done, Jonstark, especially the ape guy!

edited October 2021

testing haze and DOF

0.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 3M
  • jcalderjcalder Posts: 10

"The House of Seville" is now posted to Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGdSqzZjJH0

This was mostly animated 2008 - 2011. 18 minutes long. I believe it was ambitious for its time. It won an award at Philafilm 2012: The Philadelphia International Film Festival. I have written an article explaining the Youtube Age Restriction at:
    https://iafilm.co.nz/shell.aspx?tint=2&areaDir=Public&subdir=1.%20Movies&file=Why%20Age%20Restriction.htm

Our follow-up is nearing completing after 8 years. "Brave Love" is filmed with live actors, mostly wirh green screens with the world of the movie created with Carrara and related tech.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,056

cool story jcalder yes

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,056
    edited October 2021

Woodland Dancer with a freebie texture in a freebie temple

a bouquet not a sword

wd012.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 184K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • ProPoseProPose Posts: 527

Nice yes