[Released] Oso Alien Scenery [Commercial]

Comments

• blosseblosse Posts: 46
    edited November 2020
    Totte said:
    blosse said:
    blosse said:

Look at the before and after pictures. In the before I replaced daisies with a flower fromAlien scenery.

What I don't understand is why Alienator put flowers in the water when there were no daisies there?

The scene was made with UltraScenery v1.3 using Bridge 1, Grassland 1 and Clear Stream for the water.

I just downloaded the update for OSO and it still puts the flowers in the water?

Are you sure you are not replace things in the water like stones?
    And if you look the water (hide the water and iray preview), are there any plants there before running Alienator?
    I've really tried to recreate this issue without success.

As I have said before all you have to do is replace daisy 03 (2) and it puts flowers in the water. Also others have seen this too.

This is what I replaced and version I updated to? (see pictures)

OSO Selection 2020-11-17.jpg
    886 x 498 - 90K
    OSO Version 2020-11-17.jpg
    271 x 108 - 5K
    Post edited by blosse on

If you changed the version number after you did the update, then Daz is not giving us the update.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,882

Looks like the update is the first one issued (fo fix the missing directory in the install), not the one updating Alienator to 1.0.3, probably still in queue then (I don't have access to that , only Oso3D has that)

edited November 2020

I have Daz studio installed on more than one PC, on one I added the data directory manually.

On the other I wanted to see if DIM would install OSO correctly and it didn't.

Getting this error, after a reinstall with DIM?

OSO Another Error 2020-11-17.jpg
    559 x 276 - 26K
    Post edited by blosse on

Hmm - I still don't have control over that. The changes in that Alienator was to prevent it from crashing if that folder was missing (the code was checking for it but slipped in certain circumstances). The empty folder seems to still be be missing, Create that in data/BWCTotte/Alienator, name SetData.
    Seems to be an issue with setting up installers that creates an empty folder, it seems to be ignored if it does not have files in it.
    I just wanted to stay clear of creating it as creating folders in data might cause issues if you end up in the not primary library in install and then want to create the folder and that per default ends up in the default library (which is pretty hard to control scriptwise as the ContentMgr is the authority for where you end up).

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,344

Well, it looks like we still need to wait for the 1.03 update, then.

I was so hopefull to see the update in DIM.

Oso3D might fill us in with the current status....

• SBibbSBibb Posts: 597
    edited November 2020
    Oso3D said:

A question to several folks who said 'This didn't grab be until I heard about the script.'

Was it the base concept of an alien forest, or was it the particular look and style of this alien forest?

I actually grabbed it specifically because it had the alien forest, because the forest is perfect for an upcoming project. That said, the fact that it had that script definitely made it more feasible to buy it at release instead of closer to the time to work on the project.

Post edited by SBibb on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,970

The Set Builder is in, but yeah, the directory is still missing. I'm not sure why, I will check.

Easiest quick fix is what Totte suggested upstream; just add an empty directory.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 24,017
    Totte said:

Looks like the update is the first one issued (fo fix the missing directory in the install), not the one updating Alienator to 1.0.3, probably still in queue then (I don't have access to that , only Oso3D has that)

???
    I installed the update with DIM, and when I run Alienator, it says it is version 1.0.3.

barbult said:
    Totte said:

???
    I installed the update with DIM, and when I run Alienator, it says it is version 1.0.3.

That's correct then!

• barbult said:
    Totte said:

???

Same. I got 1.0.3 from DIM.

There is another update in DIM today. It is still version 1.0.3. Maybe Daz is trying to fix the missing empty folder problem???

By the way, I tried Alienator on a scene that I used Instancify on, and it worked fine.

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,624

Thank you for the update! Thought I would put my results here.  Used Luminar for postwork.

Daventaki said:

Thank you for the update! Thought I would put my results here.  Used Luminar for postwork.

Look great!

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,344

Looks very nice, Daventaki.

Picked up Luminar 4 myself on the sale, as well, could not resist it, seeing how great is your result.

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,831

I was trying to use this product for the first time and the Alienator script kept throwing an error and wouldn't open even after creating that missing empty folder. The error box suggested reinstalling so I used DIM to delete and to install a fresh copy but it fails to install (tried multiple times). Not sure what's wrong with the installer package. Downloading the DIM file myself still results in failure. I downloaded the manual install zip but have not tried that yet.

RGcincy said:

I was trying to use this product for the first time and the Alienator script kept throwing an error and wouldn't open even after creating that missing empty folder. The error box suggested reinstalling so I used DIM to delete and to install a fresh copy but it fails to install (tried multiple times). Not sure what's wrong with the installer package. Downloading the DIM file myself still results in failure. I downloaded the manual install zip but have not tried that yet.

I think the issue is still the packaging by QA. There are several posts here about that but basically there needs to be an empty folder in /data/BWCTotte/Alienator/ named SetData.

For some reason it just seems to not be installed. 

I've put in another fix. Hopefully this one sticks!

Can you just put some text document or PDF or something in SetData so it isn't empty? Maybe then the packaging would work.

barbult said:

Can you just put some text document or PDF or something in SetData so it isn't empty? Maybe then the packaging would work.

placeholder.txt is what I will have in Alienator Pro..... coming along nicely..

As a matter of fact, the new fix is... exactly that.

data\BWCTotte\Alienator\SetData\!placeholder.txt

My best guess at this point is that there's something about installation that balks at empty directories.

Totte said:

barbult said:

placeholder.txt is what I will have in Alienator Pro..... coming along nicely..

yes Alienator Pro!!

edited December 2020

Oso3D said:

As a matter of fact, the new fix is... exactly that.

data\BWCTotte\Alienator\SetData\!placeholder.txt

My best guess at this point is that there's something about installation that balks at empty directories.

I meant to give this the thumbs up, too, but I clicked wrong and the broken forum editor won't let me. :( Anyway, my fingers are crossed that this is the magic bullet.
    Post edited by barbult on
  • on the plus side it all should be fixed by the time I can afford it

... probably next year yes

WendyLuvsCatz said:

on the plus side it all should be fixed by the time I can afford it

Next year is only a about 3 weeks away! 

• barbult said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

on the plus side it all should be fixed by the time I can afford it

Next year is only a about 3 weeks away! 

And thanks <insert your favourate divine entity here>. 2020 is up for the trash can. 

• you're right, 3 weeks might be too soon for DAZ to fix it cheeky

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,831

Totte said:

I think the issue is still the packaging by QA. There are several posts here about that but basically there needs to be an empty folder in /data/BWCTotte/Alienator/ named SetData.

Tried again today and was able to install from DIM. Still had the error but once I got the SetData folder in place all is working now. (It's possible this was from something I did the other day, but what what I found after installing with DIM was that in data/BWCTotte/Alienator there was the DataFolder.zip file but it had not been unzipped. After unzipping all works now.) 

edited December 2020

RGcincy said:

Totte said:

Tried again today and was able to install from DIM. Still had the error but once I got the SetData folder in place all is working now. (It's possible this was from something I did the other day, but what what I found after installing with DIM was that in data/BWCTotte/Alienator there was the DataFolder.zip file but it had not been unzipped. After unzipping all works now.) 

Sounds like yet another weird thing with the install, hmm, gonna check if I have the lastest version in DIM 

Post edited by Totte on