It’s The End Of The World As We Know It, And I Feel Fine!

Comments

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

No way is Idiot SIL touching my computer. I will let my 7-yr old grandson use it though. He has more sense.

edited December 1969

Don't feel bad, Wendy. I keep forgetting to tick to keep a copy of my sent messages. I wish there was some way we could make keep a copy the default.

edited December 1969

Barry, sweetie, I think maybe you injured your head more seriously than you thought. Or else the hospital screwed it up. Just relax and everything will come back and you'll be rendering away again.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,095
    edited December 1969

got my nVidia glasses today but as I suspected, need a new monitor with a high refresh rate
    had to try 4 different usb's before it recognized them too!
    maybe next week, got to do my tax, then I will have money!!!
    yeah Anne,sent messages, :red: I do not tick it, forget until sent.
    Barry I am doing a tedious Daz studio render thx to you of M5 in the elven dress, skirt hidden, Queen of Ages Optitex skirt simulated and shown with same texture
    the openGL ones take about a half hour but the 3Ddelight one with lights and shadows took 10hours before I crashed studio playing with another instance open!

edited December 1969

here you go Barry!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfycxud6OdA
    if you wish to try it
    I loaded M5 (you might want a pretty V5)
    the Queen of Ages dress from Optitex strapless pose
    autofit makes it look silly with the cups at his waist deformed but you will turn down the opacity so only the skirt shows so do not worry.
    save in case it crashes
    used aniblocks ups and downs baked to the timeline
    rope sandels
    save in case it crasyes
    set collision for Genesis, plane and rope sandles
    not bone names for any, unticked below model
    did animated sim
    freeze
    save incase it crashes
    add elven dress autofitted
    hide (eye icon) skirt left, left lower,right, right lower, in scene tree, not by turning down opacity on surfaces
    who's a sexy Son of a bitch then???

edited December 1969

Barry, don't forget to follow Wendy's list...save, save, save.

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

Save save save indeed. Why does DS4 crash so much? Is it Genesis? I didn't seem to have it crash as often with Gen4 people.

I switched my lighting back to raytraced because I figured it would cook overnight. Got up this morning and it was at 75%, so at least it's getting somewhere and didn't crash! But that's a long, long time for what I planned as a simple render. There are four lights. Key, fill, rim and one low intensity spotlight pointing right at his face to pick out some detail. Looks like it's working better this time.

Come on, Mr Studio, hurry up, but don't crash!

@Wendy: That's a good simulation, I think I made a comment on your vid, but it didn't show up. Was apparently my first ever comment, so don't know what went on! Never used dynamics on DS before, maybe I should invest in some Optitex goodies and play.

edited December 1969

grab all the Optitex freebies first!
    yeah can be crashy
    I broke dynamic cloth loading in DS4 64bit!! had to do that sim in 32bit and freeze but rendered it in 64.
    I did not use the plugin options so not needed
    might have gone better if I had!

edited December 1969

Would be nice if they went the Poser route and allowed cloth simulation of anything. But then again, it would be nice if it stopped raining for a bit, and would be nice if I was rich... If they make dynamics from meshes, there'll be something else to whinge about!

83% of the render now, we're fairly whooshing along!

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Over night, let me guess. Transmaped hair, and some GOOD render settings, maybe even some props like plants that use transparency on them? All that adds up to LOOONGG renders. Good your back at it, I missed you.

edited July 2012

Jaderail said:
    Over night, let me guess. Transmaped hair, and some GOOD render settings, maybe even some props like plants that use transparency on them? All that adds up to LOOONGG renders. Good your back at it, I missed you.

Let me see now...

Transmapped hair: Yep
    Good render settings: Yep
    Plants: Yep
    Image Size: 1500 x 1125

Yeah, I see your point ;)

Post edited by BlumBlumShub on
    edited December 1969

Well, here it is, first render for quite some time. The pose was fun!

M5FairyPretty.jpg
    800 x 600 - 423K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Ooh he's ... umm. .err.. he seems like a nice fairy.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Ooh he's ... umm. .err.. he seems like a nice fairy.

He applied for the job of Ogre, but some bloke called Shrek beat him to it.
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

And I thought it was usually the loser that went green with envy

edited December 1969

is he gonna EAT that booger!! ewwwwwwwww

edited December 1969

Whoopee! Finally we got a render out of Barry.

edited December 1969

Good going Barry, I love the humor.

edited December 1969

is he gonna EAT that booger!! ewwwwwwwww

If he's anything like me... Yes!
    edited December 1969

I don't suppose there's anyhing like a free alternative to ZBrush that allows the use of different brushes is there? I know of Sculptris, but that only uses its own brushes, can't use user defined ones.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,930
    edited December 1969

I don't know of any other ones.

edited December 1969

Me no model my way out of a wet paper sack. I'm even afraid of Hex at this point.

edited December 1969

I don't mess with Hex either. My modeling app does it a little bit but I tend to use zBrush

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    I don't mess with Hex either. My modeling app does it a little bit but I tend to use zBrush

Yeah, I'd use it too but it's a bit expensive. Well, very!
    edited December 1969

I would not have Hex or Carrara Except for that old book. And I really thought it would cover some stuff, BUT NO!! I still had to learn right here in the Forums. I have tried modeling I'm just not that patent.

edited December 1969

Yeah it is. We bought it in its early days and get free updates so we only had to pay once for it.

edited December 1969

I could probably get away with doing a lot in Sculptris to be honest, it's a very powerful piece of kit considering it's a freebie. It's just that I figure something 'the same but different' might be a little quicker for my current workflows. I've got a few different ideas, some of which are started, some not. The ones that are started are in Hex and coming along slowly but surely (I still play World of Warcraft a lot, so not doing as much with 3D even though I'm back into it, and I'm happy with that for now), but I could use some more dynamic sculpting. I can take the .obj to Sculptris and manually edit every bump, nook and cranny, but I would like a little more control over things like surface noise, flow control and as I mentioned, more brush choice.

I have seen what people have done in Sculptris and it blows me away. But then again, I've seen what people have done with a pencil and a notebook and that's sometimes blown me away too! I understand that the tool does not increase the skill. But the tool can make things a heck of a lot easier!

edited December 1969

I can't draw a sketch for crap but and do wonders with zbrush that makes it look like I know what I'm doing. You can't beat the numerous brushes that you can use.

edited December 1969

you should be able to make a hillside with a cave in Sculptris easily enough!
    until you mentioned it I forgot about it!
    I use the reduce brush at regular intervals to stop it getting out of hand but basicaly pull out your hills from a plane with a big brush and push in your cave.

edited December 1969

I might be able to get access to ZBrush! WooT! A friend of mine is looking into licensing a copy that he's got via volume sales. He thinks he bought 8 seats and they're only using about 3 now. Of course, it might still not happen, and it will probably only be temporary, but hey, that's cool by me.

He also uses Maya and is looking into the same!

We just don't know if the license covers people that aren't working for the company.

This discussion has been closed.