It’s The End Of The World As We Know It, And I Feel Fine!

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Sadly, for the kitty, today wasn't a victory. She now rests peacefully, bless her soul.
    So sorry, Barry.
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    So sorry to hear.

Oh that's a shame Barry. So sorry to hear it.
  • BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

Pret-A-3D said:
    Kludge said:

In truth, reality is still in Beta.

Hello.
    I don't know if that was a typo, Reality is not in beta. We have a Reality 2.5 version that is ready to run as soon as Studio 4.5 is officially released. BTW, if you are a registered user of Reality 2.2 and you absolutely need Reality 2.5 for a project that needs Studio 4.5 you can contact me and we can work something out. Please do not flood my inbox for requests unless you absolutely need to use Reality 2.5.

Cheers.

There's just something truly funny about the statement "In truth, reality is still in Beta!" I might have to use it as a signature! Note that I won't be putting a capital R in reality :)

Pret-A-3D, thank you for clearing this up, and thank you for visiting. I have seen the work of Reality 2, and it blows my socks off, great work. Haven't used it myself (yet) purely because I'm not even used to the 3Delight render engine so I don't want to start poking around with Reality at the moment.

edited December 1969

You folks need to read more of Kludge's post/posts? Whatever. Anyway, with is sence of humor he was probabaly saying that reality as we know it is still in beta.

• pcicconepciccone Posts: 661
    edited December 1969

There's just something truly funny about the statement "In truth, reality is still in Beta!" I might have to use it as a signature! Note that I won't be putting a capital R in reality :)

My business card says: "Pret-a-3D -- Makers of Reality" I love playing with words ;)

Pret-A-3D, thank you for clearing this up, and thank you for visiting. I have seen the work of Reality 2, and it blows my socks off, great work. Haven't used it myself (yet) purely because I'm not even used to the 3Delight render engine so I don't want to start poking around with Reality at the moment.

No problem, don't feel that you have to exhaust 3Delight potential before trying Reality and Lux :). It's a different workflow and one that can actually feel more natural before one learns "bad habits" from a biased renderer. In many ways using Reality and Lux is a lot simpler than using 3Delight. Light works like in real life so results are just more predictable.

Yesterday, for example, I needed to change the position of an object in a scene in relation to a light to cast a certain type of shadow. Instead of spending time rendering, I took my flash light and I shined a light on my left hand to project a shadow on a wall. I checked the result as I was moving my hand closer or further away and simply converted the position in my scene in Studio. It worked at the first try. Reality makes your life easier :)

Cheers.

edited December 1969

And I'm a Reality lover. I will not move to DS4.5 untill I can have my Reality in it.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    You folks need to read more of Kludge's post/posts? Whatever. Anyway, with is sence of humor he was probabaly saying that reality as we know it is still in beta.

That is hilarious, coming in 2 weeks later and quoting one of Kludge's posts without knowing the wild and whacky reality that Kludge lives in.

Hey Kludge my friend, your reputation hasn't spread as far as you think it has. You must be slipping.
  • pcicconepciccone Posts: 661
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    And I'm a Reality lover. I will not move to DS4.5 untill I can have my Reality in it.

Thanks! I wonder when DAZ is going to release 4.5. Any news about it?
    edited December 1969

Pret-A-3D said:
    Jaderail said:

Thanks! I wonder when DAZ is going to release 4.5. Any news about it?I'm as clueless as you. I just hope it's , almost used the s word, not that much longer.
    edited December 1969

Pret-A-3D said:
    Jaderail said:

Thanks! I wonder when DAZ is going to release 4.5. Any news about it?
    I don't know. Is it going to be really expensive and then suddenly free?

I tried a free Poser to Lux thingo, and I loved the result, but I waited over 24 hours for that to finish, so although I like the principle of Lux (not to be confused with The Prinicple of Lust, which is a very cool song by Enigma) I don't like the time it takes to render. Then again, that might have been my settings. I do have a habit of liking high quality settings.

edited July 2012

Morning, I had one of my very short nights, around five hours of sleep I think. Well it's okay with me at least my sleep clock is still set for the right time to get up.

Barry my friend I dont do very many Reality renders but the quality the software provides to a render far out weighs the drawbacks. I normaly only start a Lux render at bed time and just let them COOK over night. This is the nice thing about Lux, if the render still needs to run longer you can stop it and Resume it whenever you like. You can also set how many cores it will use, so if you want to do something and keep lux running in the background you can do that also.

Well, I'm off to wander around the threads and get myself into trouble. If I can find some. :cheese:

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,930
    edited December 1969

Trouble is real easy to find around here.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,096
    edited December 1969

you looking for trouble Jeff?
    don't or Pam will club you :roll:
    you are a CV now and with that comes great responsibility and serious stuff!
    just leave the trolling to me!! ;-P

edited December 1969

you looking for trouble Jeff?
    don't or Pam will club you :roll:
    you are a CV now and with that comes great responsibility and serious stuff!
    just leave the trolling to me!! ;-P
    Yeah, yeah. I do keep my nose pretty clean now. There are a few threads I would have just jumped in and went to town in before the CV thing. I steer clear of them now. Then sometimes threads take a left turn and I just fade away from those also. It's not in my nature to do this, but I think I've done pretty good so far.
    edited December 1969

I friended someone I don't know on facebook
    think my Android touchscreen accidently selected one of the
    "people I might know" or someone making a comment on something I "liked"
    I was just going to unfriend her but she only has 4 friends and accepted my accidental request so now feel bad if I do.

edited July 2012

I've only got like 64 friends and half of them are people that were friends of my Real friends that sent me request to friend me. It seemed very odd that just because I know the same person they think I want to know them also. I did it anyway, they dont bother me. I do get some odd stuff from time to time.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited July 2012

I have a lot of 3D people on my facebook account. Feel free to add me if you like. http://www.facebook.com/frank0314 or you can add ARTCollb to your groups http://www.facebook.com/ARTCollab

Post edited by frank0314 on
    edited December 1969

You SO and SO. You killed my link to FB with your editing. It timed out. Are you done yet?
    I'm a once in a bluemoon FB user. Not much into that place, just have it for people that I can't reach any other way.

edited December 1969

I'm not on a whole lot either. Just primarily when we have new releases and when I feel like posting photos. I'll gab with some on the occasion. My wife is pretty active on it. I use to be but time just don't allow it much these days

edited December 1969

How is your new project coming? You about ready to spring it on us yet?

edited December 1969

I friended You
    I whinge a lot about my crap broadband on Facebook!!!
    sometimes it is the only thing I can get on my Android so after countless "data connectivity" issues, I vent!!!

edited December 1969

errr duh, wot's this facebook stuff youse is all on about, like. Us poor valley girls don't understand, is it a book of faces, or wot. If it's a book, how do books have friends.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    How is your new project coming? You about ready to spring it on us yet?

It is in DAZ testing atm. Once it's done it's up to them when it gets released. I got yours and wendy's friend request.

edited December 1969

You can't pull my leg, you've got another one underway right now. I know people like you, work, work, work.
    After all, thier is no rest for the wicked. :cheese:

I'll hit FB later. I've gotta run my Bro to the store right now. Later gaters.

edited December 1969

I guess no one is going to answer my question, maybe I should ask it in a valleys accent

errr duh, beth yw'r pethau hyn facebook ydych i gyd yn bethau, fel. Nid Ni merched dyffryn gwael yn ei ddeall, a yw'n llyfr o wynebau, neu sydd ar fai. Os yw'n llyfr, beth yw llyfrau yn gwneud pobl yn cael mwy o ffrindiau.

edited December 1969

I'm not falling for that one. FACEBOOK is the let's suck all the money out of our users site in any way we can place. They make Daz look like fools at making money fast. And you knew that when you asked.

edited December 1969

OK

edited December 1969

I mostly look at the lolcats pics, RAMwolf's links and the Adelaide now news links!

edited December 1969

I use facebook to rant! And I mean rant! Politics, sex, religion, kids, killing bunnies, nothing is safe from a Barry Facebook Rant! Sometimes I gain friends and lose them the same day. I don't care, they aren't real people unless I know them elsewhere, they are just facebookers. They friend me because they find my rants amusing, and then suddenly I rant about something they feel strongly about and WHAM they're gone! Fickle!

In the world of 3D modelling, what is the opposite of subdividing? In Maya I subdivided a wall so that I could put a fancy door frame in it, and then I wanted to un-subdivide the areas that I haven't edited, but it doesn't seem to want to let me! There's a Reduce option, but that doesn't do what I want either, unless I'm not using it right. Which is obviously a very big possibility.

edited December 1969

I don't know anything about Maya so can't be much help there. In most apps subdividing isn't finalized until you tell it to. In my app I have an option that's in the same place as subdivide to unsubdivide.

This discussion has been closed.