It’s The End Of The World As We Know It, And I Feel Fine!

Comments

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    I don't know anything about Maya so can't be much help there. In most apps subdividing isn't finalized until you tell it to. In my app I have an option that's in the same place as subdivide to unsubdivide.

Yeah I was hoping it would be that simple in Maya. Clearly I have a lot to learn. But it's fun, so that's fine with me!
  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

I friended someone I don't know on facebook
    think my Android touchscreen accidently selected one of the
    "people I might know" or someone making a comment on something I "liked"
    I was just going to unfriend her but she only has 4 friends and accepted my accidental request so now feel bad if I do.

I hope it wasn't one of my friends, Wendy. I don't have many and most of them are family. 2 of my grandsons unfriended me because I was always correcting their grammar. That's okay. I know where they live.

edited December 1969

Popping my head in to say hey. Been writing a story..

Great to see you again, Jacob. Quit being a stranger.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    errr duh, wot's this facebook stuff youse is all on about, like. Us poor valley girls don't understand, is it a book of faces, or wot. If it's a book, how do books have friends.

It's a place where family members of the wrong party send me all kinds of political crap.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,096
    edited December 1969

someone from Spain btw, any of you have Spanish friends? cannot see any connection as to how I friended her, sure she is nice and all but puzzling!
    I have at least one very weird facebook friend too!
    he is a very frequent poster in the Carrara forum but at least there he shares his cool models and animations, not his odd political views!!!
    yeah, I tell him he is weird!!! ;-P too!
    not that I am normal by any stretch! %-P

edited December 1969

I thought Maya was a girl's name, since Max is a boy's name, they are obviously the Autodesk siblings but who would call their kid Motion Builder, Soft Image or Film Box????
    but then I think Carrara is a nice place on the Gold Coast in Queensland so what would I know!!! %-P

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited July 2012

Next you will be telling us that Bryce is a place in America with cool rock formations.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,930
    edited December 1969

It isn't? Boy I'm behind.

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:

Thanks Anne, I'm looking at the temple tutorial on there at the moment and it looks quite good. I think I should learn to walk before I try to run! This temple tutorial uses primitives to great effect, and I tend to go for all complex stuff.
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hehehe Byrce was a place in tusalossa alabam. wasn't it chohole?

edited July 2012

Somewhere like taht. although for some reason some people seem to think it is in Utah. Don't know why. (ANd I still don't need counseling)

Barry, remember it is best to start simple, and then get more complimacated as you learn more.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Somewhere like taht. although for some reason some people seem to think it is in Utah. Don't know why. (ANd I still don't need counseling)

Barry, remember it is best to start simple, and then get more complimacated as you learn more.

You're no fun!
    edited December 1969

I'm not in the mood for anything at all tonight. Not games, not 3D, not tv, not movies, books, anything at all.

Pah, stupid me!

edited December 1969

I am wasting my time trying weird stuff like Optitex dynamic cloth sims on imported objects with animation morphs.
    got some very odd behaviour on some objects where parts of the mesh are ignored by the cloth
    I suspect it is because it is just made of triangles instead of quadrangles divided into triangles it only occurs when I use morphloader on it too to create morph animations
    should do something constructive
    like play with my Android theremin and moog emulator apps scaring the cats with my music!!

edited December 1969

PO'ed!! That's all just PO'ed. My order will not go through here at DAZ3D because it will not create an INVOCE, when I was on DA I could not UpGrade my account to a Premium Account, I had an error that is NOT an error on any other site. These stupid little hickups on my favorite sites are starting to really get under my skin. Has everyone decided they do not want my money on the same day? Have I been black listed from all my stuff and just not told? Should I check my Renderotica stuff and see if they canceled me Too? Should I just go to bed and say to heck with it untill tomorrow?

I like the last one the best, I think I'll just fade away untill another day.

edited December 1969

welcome to my World of internet experience Jeff!
    with my crappy 3G broadband, those things are normal!
    took me 3 days to get a Daz download to work once (on the old site too!)
    took all week to initialize Houdini, there are still some apps I cannot register and use!!!
    but I am sort of used to it now.
    and yes, I cannot view images you link to at DeviantArt because I forgot my password AND username I made only a few weeks ago to view one!!
    head like a sieve!!!

edited December 1969

ROFL! If this happened to me like it does to you I would have gave up by now. I'm on PC mag's highest rated Broadband with the fastest connections offered. I have Money to spare in the bank in both checking and savings. And have NEVER hit but one hiccup on DAZ and even then all I had was TWO sets of files in my downloads instead of one. I live on the Internet, I buy all my books online, I pay all my monthly bills online, I order all my STUFF online, Rototiller, Total Gym, my new PC, the only things I do in Real Life is buy gas for my car and go get groceries. Never have I had such a day as I have had today. Nobody will take my money. I even rebooted and cleared all my temp folders and checked everything. Still, I'm dead in the water. No Daz, no DA, no joy in Mudville. I'm so PO'ed I can not even think of sleeping and I really really want to just KILL something, anything will do at this point. I wish a dagnum fly or moth or some such would get in the house just so I could vent on the darned thing.

WHAP! WHAP! SLAP! BANG! Grind, grind, pulverize.

edited December 1969

I'll be a Son of a... I checked my cart after that post and it was empty. I checked my downloads and Boom there it is. All that venting for nothing. Off to see about DA now. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

edited December 1969

yeah, I feel like that during power blackouts!!
    or last fortnight ago when the police kicked me out of my house in the middle of doing something on my computer in my nightie because my neighbour was threatening to blow himself up!
    just gotta get out and smell the roses (and grab a pair of secatuers and prune the blighter to death!!)
    I KNOW I will feel better if I garden, I ALWAYS do, but so bloody cold and wet!!
    my friend finds fishing to be her release (soooo not my thing)
    others jog :roll:

edited July 2012

I love to garden. I do this every year. Till old garden under and fertlize. Rake and hoe for new plants and seeds. Crawl around on hands and knees as I plant tomatoes and other stuff. Water in all I planted. Set back and go, I cant wait for my fresh home grown veggies.

Get pround as all comes up and looks GREAT. Hoe a few times, summer hits. Water, water, water, watch everything slowly dry up and die. Get pissed because I worked so much and it still died.

Start all over the next year.

And the next year

and...

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I love to garden. I do this every year. Till old garden under and fertlize. Rake and hoe for new plants and seeds. Crawl around on hands and knees as I plant tomatoes and other stuff. Water in all I planted. Set back and go, I cant wait for my fresh home grown veggies.

Get pround as all comes up and looks GREAT. Hoe a few times, summer hits. Water, water, water, watch everything slowly dry up and die. Get pissed because I worked so much and it still died.

Start all over the next year.

And the next year

and...

You know I don't mean this in patronising way even though it can sound so. I have to say I'm proud of you for that. The way your life is right now I'd have given you every credit for giving the garden a miss this year, but the fact that you've got down on hands and knees doing that is quite inspiring.

I don't like the hard gardening. I like the gentle hoeing, raking and planting, but digging is the enemy of bad backs. And I had to dig a small hole for my li'l kitty yesterday. The way it made me feel I was about ready to dig it a bit bigger and crawl into it myself!

In truth though, the bad back, the diabetes, the frozen shoulder... None of them are the real reason I don't like the hard gardening. The real reason stems from when I was a kid, and all I ever got to do was the digging and mowing the lawns. My grandfather did all the fun stuff. I had so many ideas for the gardens where I live now, but I still don't do them because of those memories. Sure, if I actually got off my fat arse and DID the garden it would hurt. It would make me feel out of breath. I would be tired. But I would get better afterwards, and I would be proud of what I've done. Why is it so soul destroying now, after all these years, to think of things that happened when I was a kid?

edited December 1969

Just like you my friend, the past haunts me in bad ways. I just try to get past it with the good stuff that's still in my head when I can.

Last year I had fresh tomatos for a good six weeks before they died off. Eggplant, yellow crookneck squash, bellpeppers, jalapeno's, Okra and some baby red potatoes and loads of onions. All in different degrees. This year I got TWO small tomatos, they were supposed to be the large sandwich type, a few tommytillos, the small salad type, one squash and not one bell pepper. the jalapenos are still growing but I only planted two this year thinking that four were to many last year. They are puny with few small fruits so far. My onions died, the taters died, well it all died except the peppers. We had a LONG dry HOT period this late spring and I just could not keep it alive. Opps, I forgot I did get one hand basket of green beans and two cucumbers this year also. I did not plant those last year. As for doing the work and living through it, well that's another story. I pay big time, even with help I pay.

edited December 1969

we we just sharing releases for frustration, I have a friend who will not even go into her garden it depresses her so much
    each to their own
    if playing WOW is your release, go for it!
    I actually know people who like cleaning!!! :roll:

edited December 1969

Yep, Wendy and I were just swapping gripes just to get the gripes out. Please join in, I still have lots of stuff to vent about.

edited December 1969

we we just sharing releases for frustration, I have a friend who will not even go into her garden it depresses her so much
    each to their own
    if playing WOW is your release, go for it!
    I actually know people who like cleaning!!! :roll:

I have met a few of those strange creatures as well. I was actually lucky to have employed one or two of them.when I was a Contract cleaning Manager.

Having worked in the contract cleaning industry for 15 years I am not ashamed to admit I hate cleaning, but it is one of those things that have to be done.

Gardening on the other hand can be very threrapeutic, if frequently frustrating. Like having spent 15 years getting a large garden up to display standards and then experiencing a bad winter with water laying everywhere and losing most of it in one go.
    edited July 2012

OUCH! Your THAT type of gardener. I have a whole bag of bulbs I need to plant this fall, Hosta's, Crocus, Galdiolus, Daylilies, and Caladiums to go into my end of porch flower bed. I have them stored in my veggie crisper so they stay cool untill planting time.

edited December 1969

Yes, afraid so, I was brought up by this guy (who was my Father) so it does sort of come naturally to me. He did write other books, on the same subject and also wrote for Gardening News and Amateur Gardening

http://www.abebooks.co.uk/book-search/author/t-r-h-lebar/

Only thing I will say is that after growing up with him, although I had caught the gardening bug I don't grow dalhalis. :roll: Best flowers in my garden so far this year are the Welsh Poppies. Tomatoes didn't make it again, we have given up on potatoes, but the onions are doing well.

edited July 2012

Way cool Pam. As you know I grew up on what is know in these parts as a subsistence farm. What was grown helped feed the family. My only job as SON was feed the animals and grow the food. When it came to the yard I had to cut it when it needed it. Mother and the girls did all the pretty up the yard work. I now have to do that part myself because it's my yard now and nobody cares except me.

edited December 1969

When we lived in the park we had about 1/3rd of an acre under cultivation. We grew all sorts, runner beans toms, carrots swedes, all the stuff, plus soft fruit and top friut (apples, pears cherries and Plums) Had beehives and chickens as well, and some rabbits and ferrets, the ferrets would be taken out to catch their own dinner, and help feed the cats and dogs as well. We had 2 sorts of rabbits, there was one bunch called Flopsy, Mopsy, Cotontail, peter,Thumper, Bugs etc, they was the grandkids pets, and there was another bunch who all got called either Stu or Cassie (short for casserole) cos the kids insisted they had to have names.

Up here we have a tiny garden compared, but are getting to grips with improving it and learning what will or won't grow here, compared to down in the balmy SE of England.

This discussion has been closed.