It’s The End Of The World As We Know It, And I Feel Fine!

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    Today is my first anniversary with DAZ. I am grateful for the new friends, family really, that I have found here. Thank you for being here for me. We've shared tears and laughter and I'm looking forward to many more.

Happy Daziversary Hope you have many more of them
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,930
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    Today is my first anniversary with DAZ. I am grateful for the new friends, family really, that I have found here. Thank you for being here for me. We've shared tears and laughter and I'm looking forward to many more.

Woot,Woot...Congratulations. Hopefully everything will be back on task soon so you can have a better experience then the last two months have been.

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    AtticAnne said:

Woot,Woot...Congratulations. Hopefully everything will be back on task soon so you can have a better experience then the last two months have been.
    HA! You just used the S word! Now we've no chance.

Anne, I guess I should congratulate you. Personally I'm going bald from pulling out my hair. Daz are good. This website is not. Let's be honest, by the time it's right it will only work because of the chewing gum holding it together and they might as well have just not bothered.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

As LycanthropX would say CONGA RATS AtticAnne. I was not doing renders like yours in my first year I dont think. I might have done one simple NVIATWAS. And please keep working on the posing, just because you missed the contest end date does not mean you lost. The real goal is to get new users to learn new things. I for one think you learned lots last month. The new Contest will start soon and I hope you will take a look and see all the info that will be offered to the users to start with. And we have many CV's and Admins who will be around to give info and tips this month for anyone that needs it.

Well, as you can see, I'm up moving and possibly even thinking today. I plan to use it well because I have to go back to the clinic tomorrow, I missed a treatment due to my arthuritis, most of a treatment really. Staurday was a High pain day and I could not stay in the chair in that one position. I was given the option to go tomorrow if I wished or not. I have decided that even if I feel bad all day it will get done because it will keep me healthy. Yesterday was bad and I missed out on things, but I'm good today. I would much rather miss one day than lose years later because I skipped days.

@Jacob: Hey my man. Let us know when you finish updating chapter two, I still need to read it.

@Barry: Old friends are the best. Hope you have a great time getting caught up.

@Frank: The next time I read a post about you MOVING things I'm going to come unplug your systems for ONE FULL DAY! Now that would teach you wouldn't it?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,096
    edited December 1969

oh crap two!
    I learnt today, the nasty co-worker who reported me to human resources had said to another girl she was going to ring up and report me as soon as I did or said something that she could!
    and I was wondering why she was not being as obnoxious as usual the past few days!!
    the woman is a twisted evil shrew!

edited December 1969

belated Happy Annie Annie!
    sorry, I have been whinging far too much on this forum, mainly because I cannot embed videos like I used too or images from other sites without downloading then uploading them which is a bit questionable copyright wise and feel no-one looks at a link so I whinge instead which must be annoying
    will try to only post any whinges as rendered images instead as that will force me to post good stuff or at peast think about it.
    I will keep the whinging for facebook!

edited December 1969

Hey Wendy don't you dare stop posting links to your fun stuff. I love a good giggle when I can get one.

Wow!! I just looked out my window and it's raining like a Cow P'ing on a flat rock. Thank the powers that are I put my car windows up yesterday.

FYI the new NEW USERS Contest for the month has just gone live. And as hinted this one is mine. I wish to thank all my friends and the Admin's and CV's for thier help getting it ready and up. Hint hint Barry, Anne. Come take a look, it's all for fun and we have a nice prize this month. You never know what you can do till you try.

edited December 1969

This months contest should be lots of fun. I'm excited to see what people come up with.

edited December 1969

oh I said I will post links and images, just try not to whinge
    had my meeting with human resource manager at work today, still have my job but it is borderline
    trying not to dwell on it
    resisting urge to do demeaning render or video, actually did assemble a replica of the picking line in Carrara once with flashing lights and moving roller tracks.

edited August 2012

The economy has been really bad in recent years and has caused a lot of lost jobs. I was a fabrication manager for a company that produced centrifugal pumps for oil rigs in Texas and I lost my job do to the economy. I moved my family to Texas from Ohio for the job. I worked it a year and lost it and we had to move back to Ohio because the cost of living in Texas is high.

Post edited by frank0314 on
    edited December 1969

I wonder if my being in retail grocery was why I never felt the economy hiccups very much? Sure I had to cut back some hours when business was down, and work with really small crews but never more than that. Never-mind, of course that was why. People have to eat and I sold the food, it's not a brag about job but I guess it is pretty stable even in bad times.

I'm in good shape right now and have permission to rack up a couple of extra PC hours tonight. I wish some people would come out and play.

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,499
    edited December 1969

Jeff, chapter two should be clean now.

Wendy, don't let boogers like her bring you down. Render a vid of her and post it on youtube. :P

edited December 1969

I wish I could get stuff for Maya like I can get stuff for DS!

edited December 1969

Ooooh I just remembered some freebies from Turbosquid. There are some very cool cars, and I'm going to have a look at other categories.

edited December 1969

You must really be enjoying the program Barry. When can we see something?

edited December 1969

Well Free from turbosuqid is very much better than their normal sort of price range. Normally there stuff is priced somewhere near what the same item would cost in real life, well at least it seems that way to me.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    You must really be enjoying the program Barry. When can we see something?

HAHA, when I start creating and stop destroying! It's a rather interesting beastie is Maya, I'm falling in lust with it!
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Well Free from turbosuqid is very much better than their normal sort of price range. Normally there stuff is priced somewhere near what the same item would cost in real life, well at least it seems that way to me.

Yes, they certainly have some excellent quality goods even for free, and for professional use I can see why the items would be expensive. For my use, which is certainly not professional, I'm happy to experiment with the freebies.

To be honest I'm looking at some of the simpler items in order to understand the construction, and the more complex items just to blow my rendering mind!

edited December 1969

I've downloaded a couple of models from the sci-fi show Babylon 5. I am hoping to make something interesting with them. I've not done a render properly with Maya so far so it will certainly be exciting.

edited December 1969

I wanted a Rolls Royce from Turbosquid, but they wouldn't convert it to .obj because they can't test drive it in Carrara or Hex.

edited December 1969

I wanted a Rolls Royce from Turbosquid, but they wouldn't convert it to .obj because they can't test drive it in Carrara or Hex.

I'm pretty sure there's one on Renderosity.
    edited December 1969

That'dbe the Roads Royds, yes. Didn't get it because I'm not sure it has poseable doors and stuff.

edited December 1969

That'dbe the Roads Royds, yes. Didn't get it because I'm not sure it has poseable doors and stuff.
    Jacob, the promo images show it with doors open and stuff. I'm not sure it comes with DS mat's or not but a few shaders (even free ones) would fix that in a heartbeat.
    edited December 1969

lol. I looked at it last year and didn't see that. I'm visually impaired, okay? :P

edited December 1969

and what's more he don't see too well.

edited December 1969

I'm visually impaired too. My eyes see im pairs. Ok, ok, I'll shut up!

Well my Babylon 5 render is squished, the models were for Blender! HUMPH!

edited December 1969

Well, I discovered that I can see better than people without their glasses/contacts and I don't wear either. But when it comes to pictures, how well I see them depends on whether I can distinguish this from that, the blend of colors and amount of pattern in the background. Kinda like trying to decipher the letters in a scribbled note or see a camouflaged person in the woods.

edited December 1969

As Benny Hill said, "Good heaving heavy body." or whatever time it is for you right now. I just got home a bit ago. I'm in pain but the chair always does that, meds are in just not kicking yet. So that's about it for me, I'm in the middle of building a Fire drill for my primatives work. I'm no modeler so it's going very slow. I have a WIP in my Art Studio stuff, no big deal, I just wanted to see it rendered. So who has been up to what?

edited December 1969

easy enough to export from Blender as obj.

edited December 1969

Hey people Guess what? Threads are now moving to top just like the old days. WhooHoo!!

This discussion has been closed.