It’s The End Of The World As We Know It, And I Feel Fine!

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I have an idea, and I'm already working on it, but I might have to explain where it all came from.
    See? Speak of the BBS and it shall appear. I bet this is one cool Avatar.
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Yeah, looking forward to it.

I have a couple of cool ideas for renders, but I know if I start workingon them I shal forget all about checking the forums. I do tend to go off in a dream world once I fire Bryce up to start working.

Time flies when you are having fun

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,096
    edited December 1969

I was thinking flasher too!
    maybe something morphed with Genesis and a pair of budgie smugglers (well filled speedos) underneath
    or using the feathered wings perhaps and a frankensteined Eagle head.

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

I've hit my first issue! Does the Supersuit for Genesis not have options for a full mask to cover lips, ears and eyes? Or is that a separate mask item I'd have to buy?

edited December 1969

The face mask comes with the Sci-Fi set Barry. I have it, the shaders alone are worth the cost.

edited August 2012

Jaderail said:
    The face mask comes with the Sci-Fi set Barry. I have it, the shaders alone are worth the cost.

I've only got the basic suit, cape, boots and belt. Haven't delved into the depths of the other kits yet. I'm not envisaging using it a lot to be honest, but I think I fancy using it to depict Blum.

{EDIT} - although the suit itself does look a little boring.

Post edited by BlumBlumShub on
    edited December 1969

Is there no UV Map for the bodysuit?

edited December 1969

apparently not. And as it's DS only I don't know how you would make one.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    apparently not. And as it's DS only I don't know how you would make one.

Export as a Wavefront .OBJ and use UVMapper. At least that's the nicest way I've found for DS only content.

Am seriously thinking of playing with texture design in ZBrush using GoZ though! Now that would be an interesting project.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,762
    edited December 1969

Snow Sultan made a seam guid for the suit, but I don't have a link to hand.

edited December 1969

Snow Sultan made a seam guid for the suit, but I don't have a link to hand.

Doesn't seem to be on his website.
  • VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,499
    edited December 1969

Kata = first place
    Weapons = first place
    Sparring = first place
    Breaking = first place

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583
    edited December 1969

Kata = first place
    Weapons = first place
    Sparring = first place
    Breaking = first place

Congrats!

edited December 1969

Kata = first place
    Weapons = first place
    Sparring = first place
    Breaking = first place
    Moral of this story. Do not mess with Little man. Way to go Jacob.
  • islandgurl31islandgurl31 Posts: 250
    edited August 2012

I am still kicking,but real life has been taking over...sigh. For the last several weeks we have had kids (Ours and everyone elses..lol) so I have had to clean up after them,try to keep the house in order, make sure everyone's bellies are full,etc. Mine and the hubby's 7th wedding anniversary came and went on July 30th. Guess what we did? Nothing....lol...we had no babysitter cause they all decided they was going out of town right after they said they would watch the kiddos so we could do something! We ended up with our kids and their friends.

My doc told me to only do what I can or my fibromyalgia is going to get worse,but what can I do when no one wants to help? I get tired of asking and begging so I end up doing it myself (been like that since i was a kid). I am the kind of person that tries to make everybody happy as I dislike arguements and will do anything to keep the peace...lol. Getting upset literally makes me queasy *blush*. If my doc was to ask me what my pain level is between 1 and 10 it would be a 30 :-(. It is to the point where I am having a hard time walking...even up and down the basement stairs without it hurting and me wanting to cry.

Me and my teen daughter joke about it all the time :-). I keep telling her I want one of those hover chairs where u hook it up to your stairs and ride down or I say I must be getting old...lol. My babies and my pretty kitty Azaelea always make me feel better when I am feeling my worst. I am now in the process of redoing my whole runtime and categorizing cause somehow my DS3 categories got all messed up and I really don't feel like going through gigs of content just to find the problem...lol. OC before I reset the database for DS3 I wrote how I had everything categorized...lol...everything has to be organized on my computer or I will go nuts. Thank you for listening to me vent *blush*. Hope everyone is doing good and take care :-).

Edited: Fixed out to our...lol...I think I forgot how to spell...sigh.

Post edited by islandgurl31 on
    edited December 1969

Anyone watching the meteor shower?

• islandgurl31islandgurl31 Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

What meteor shower and where? I have not heard anything about it. Watching something about Mermaids being real on the Discovery Channel at moment....lol.

edited December 1969

don't know much about it myself, but most people on Facebook mentioned they're outside watching it atm.

edited December 1969

Hey Islandgurl, good to see you on here again.

fibromyalgia is a horrid thing, I'm sorry you get no help with the things you need to do. At least when I have a bad day with my back or diabetes I can just flop around as I need to. I'm getting old too!

Thanks for the link, Patience. Downloaded those and will have a look this afternoon when I've more time.

Well I tried to send my Supersuit to ZBrush via GoZ and it turned the model into a tool, so I don't really know what to do with it! I was expecting it to send to ZBrush and ZBrosh to open with my model in the main view, but no! More goodies to learn about. Going to be a slow process, this avatar, hehe.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Island Girl, I know what you're going through. My DD has fibro and is in a flare right now. I think that is one reason why she doesn't want to move away from me. Her hubby is not much help with the baby or housework. He's pretty good at eating and sleeping though. He's scheduled for back surgery Tuesday morning as an outpatient to have some bone spurs burned off.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

LOH, you go, man! Congrats on all of your wins this weekend. When I become famous and need a bodyguard, can I hire you?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,930
    edited December 1969

What meteor shower and where? I have not heard anything about it. Watching something about Mermaids being real on the Discovery Channel at moment....lol.

That show was interesting. I watched it when it first aired a month or so ago.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

I've got that now as well, will see what I can do with it. Also got the fantasy set and troopers, just because they're on sale. Already had the belt and boots, and the cape.

My idea is still going to take some work, as it involves texturing, but to be honest if I can find a shader that I like, I might edit the textures from that for this project, it's not for commercial resale so should be fine. Also, since the idea for this render is only really a portrait, I don't need to worry too much about the suit itself, just the facial area.

edited December 1969

IslandG good to see you again. Fribro and Arthur are two nasty facts of life some of us just have to deal with. Why us? Right?

I meant to catch that meteor shower but I found the bed instead. As for Mer-men I'll believe in them at the same time I catch Bigfoot.

I still have no ideas for a new Avatar. Jade is who I am but I need a new Idea for him.

edited December 1969

Done a couple of quick renders with the Supersuit using sci-fi shaders and am very impressed. Going to have a play with textures when I've decided on a final style. I am also using other models that I've never used before, and am going to hopefully make some kind of scenery, or texture some other scenery. Although this is primarily for an avatar I have decided to take it a little further.

edited December 1969

I came up with an idea. I'm trying to beat Miss Bad Wolf to the fourth little green box by only posting real posts. Here's the idea, if I lose I'll do a Jade being attacked by a wolf. If I win I'll do one with Jade as whatever the new Title inspires. What you folks think about that?

edited December 1969

Sounds good. And I am rooting for you. This challenge needs to be won with real posts.

edited December 1969

Edited to add, if you want to make real posts, you could pop over here, ans ee if you can't confuse....umm I mean help this poor new user,

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/5584/

edited December 1969

Working on it Pam. I keep running out of ideas. I think I need to hit some of the threads I seldom follow.

This discussion has been closed.