UltraScenery - new territory [Commercial]

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 24,042
    edited July 2021

Here is my Modular Railway Track image where I made some extra surfaces to vary the color of the ties. It would have been easier, and probably more effective,  to do a little postwork on them! That curve in the track looks very sharp, but actually, it was only 5 or 10 degrees.

Usc Terrain Modular Track Freight Harpwood_009 Riding Rails.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 1M
    Post edited by barbult on

Stones Features is released!

• ecks201ecks201 Posts: 443

ecks201 said:

Is/was there an UltraScenery product called Rocks?
    I saw it the other week in the "You may also be interested in..." section at the bottom of the store page, but it only linked to the '404 page not found' error page.
    Now at the bottom of the main UltraScenery product page there's an icon that never loads. Looking at the code it looks like SKU 82128.

So is/was Rocks a thing? Is it a past or future product?
    I'm curious

It's also listed at the bottom of https://www.daz3d.com/stones-hr-2

I rest my case m'lud laugh

https://www.daz3d.com/ultrascenery--stone-features

Stones/Rocks. I was close enough

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,344

What a great surprise: https://www.daz3d.com/ultrascenery--stone-features

Another must have for me.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,075

Will there be a special price on Stones HR 2 which is a requirement for this new freature? (please)

• blosseblosse Posts: 46

barbult said:

Here is my Modular Railway Track image where I made some extra surfaces to vary the color of the ties. It would have been easier, and probably more effective,  to do a little postwork on them! That curve in the track looks very sharp, but actually, it was only 5 or 10 degrees.

Looks good to me.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,106

TJohn said:

Will there be a special price on Stones HR 2 which is a requirement for this new freature? (please)

Perhaps a Bundle? 

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,378
    edited July 2021

I've added the nine new landscape features to my tame Excel spreadsheet and come up with the following combination figures:

Ecologies    97
    Water Textures    15

Water Features   43
    Land Only Features   17
    Total Features   60

Water Combinations   62565
    Land Only Combinations    1649
    Total Combinations    64214

There are now 64214 possible combinations of landscape feature, ecology and water texture.  This should keep us all busy for the next century or two. 

Cheers,

Alex.

Post edited by alexhcowley on
  • markusmaternmarkusmatern Posts: 558
    edited July 2021

TJohn said:

They are sometimes quite cheap. The go on sale every now and then. I grabbed them in April for $2.24

In May and June they were even cheaper: $1.99

Post edited by markusmatern on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,045

Doc Acme said:

barbult said:

I used the new Modular Railway Track product with a terrain height map in UltraScenery. I used UltraScatterPro to scatter a few weeds between the ties and a few rocks around the terrain. The ecology is one from the Harpwood set.

Nice use of the Modular Railway Track. I have that in my wishlist now & was wondering why one didn't exist earlier.

I had my shopping list set-up but decided to browse the forums first, and checked here. Went to the track's page as @barbult's render so impressed me and added it to my cart. I was surprised that the price today is $3.67 or 75% off! I have two of the new items in my cart, and one PA store item. I already own the necessary Stones HR-2 product and its material pack.

Mary

• TimotheusTimotheus Posts: 240

markusmatern said:

TJohn said:

They are sometimes quite cheap. The go on sale every now and then. I grabbed them in April for $2.24

In May and June they were even cheaper: $1.99

Yeah, really kicking myself for not picking this one up in June.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,971

I spent the weekend in Yosemite and those rocks are perfect!

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

memcneil70 said:

Doc Acme said:

barbult said:

I used the new Modular Railway Track product with a terrain height map in UltraScenery. I used UltraScatterPro to scatter a few weeds between the ties and a few rocks around the terrain. The ecology is one from the Harpwood set.

Nice use of the Modular Railway Track. I have that in my wishlist now & was wondering why one didn't exist earlier.

I had my shopping list set-up but decided to browse the forums first, and checked here. Went to the track's page as @barbult's render so impressed me and added it to my cart. I was surprised that the price today is $3.67 or 75% off! I have two of the new items in my cart, and one PA store item. I already own the necessary Stones HR-2 product and its material pack.

Mary

The track price was because of:

Get an EXTRA 50% OFF* the Modular Railway Track Set when you buy any New Release

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,045

@gitika, thanks! The sales have been so confusing and in my case, not applicable as I own all Core G8 characters, I have just ignored the offers and bought what I needed or blew me away, or wishlisted what I really liked but was too above my budget now. It helps knowing where the discount came from and I didn't cheat Daz.

• Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562
    edited July 2021

This is what I have been working on for the past week. Admittedly it doesn't look like much, but there is a lot going on here.

It is an exercise in making a "City Park" environment that I can use repeatedly without it looking like everyone else's renders. This is also a project I have been thinking about for a while...

I measured the default size of the ultrascene terrain figure and it is almost exactly 200 meters square. Which is just about a city block. Making it perfect for the urban oasis type exercise.

First I used Ultrascenery to create the center area. I used a fairly smooth bitmap since the park shouldn't have radical elevation changes. I used a mask to create the paths and center circle. I used a secondary mask to control where there trees appeared.

This was essential since once I am completed, I can generate a new Ultrascenery terrain and seamlessly replace the existing one.

The park edges and surrounding streets / buildings are combinations of KitBash3D assets and small parts of DAZ products. Extensive use of instancing was used for the generic parts, like the sidewalks.

The KitBash models needed a lot of work. Mesh changes, creating new surface definitions, converting the surfaces. The effort was worth it though because the KitBash models have a very small render time impact. And I used a lot of them.

If there is interest I will post some other views and / or the masks I used.

city_park_wip_by_jasongalterio_den1doj.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by Jason Galterio on
    edited July 2021

Here is a render of Stones 7 and Pacific Northwest 5. Luckily, I already owned the required Stones HR2 product. I got it as a PC+ item a few sales ago, I think. I hadn't had much use for it until the UltraScenery add on was created.

USC Stones 7 PNW 5 Hiker.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,162

Is there a tutorial anywhere on how to get things into US that there are not plugins for? I have stones 1, but not the stones 2, among other things ;). TIA!

Laurie

edited July 2021

AllenArt said:

Is there a tutorial anywhere on how to get things into US that there are not plugins for? I have stones 1, but not the stones 2, among other things ;). TIA!

Laurie

I have a whole thread on UltraScenery Experiments, including creating your own Ecologies with props that you own. 

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,624

The new stones grow rocks and reeds in them.....  I turned the reeds off.   Stones 4 freature with Oaks 5 ecology. 

intherock.jpg
    740 x 435 - 281K
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,162

barbult said:

AllenArt said:

Laurie

I have a whole thread on UltraScenery Experiments, including creating your own Ecologies with props that you own. 

Thank you so much!! heartyeslaugh 

AllenArt said:

barbult said:

AllenArt said:

Laurie

Thank you so much!! heartyeslaugh 

Don't be intimidated by my example. I naively picked a very difficult set of props to work with, as it turns out. You will have a pretty simply task, just changing one set of rocks for another. The link I gave you might not go to the exact place the lesson starts, but there is an index at the beginning of the thread. Good luck, and let us know how it turns out. 

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723
    edited July 2021

Love the new Stones add-on!smiley

USCStones.jpg
    2552 x 1000 - 2M
    Post edited by dawnblade on
  • GoggerGogger Posts: 2,382
    edited July 2021

So I have been playing with this on and off since it hit the store last night and this evening I was blown away by some of the simple "COOL" things in it!  Like, I TOTALLY did not expect the little tufts of grass on the rocks - WOW!

- GUSH MODE OFF - But I'm not super crazy about those odd patches on the rocks that look more like texture stretching (to me anyway).  I didn't do anything to the scene or textures so am assuming they occurred 'naturally'.  Still, MAN-OH-MAN these stone ecologies are EPIC!  I'm super stoked to experiment more!

FS_US_Stones_and_Pines_3D_Erik_Pedersen.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 838K
    Post edited by Gogger on
  • dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

And a touch of snow from the material pack.

USCStonesSnow.jpg
    2552 x 1000 - 3M
  • markusmaternmarkusmatern Posts: 558
    edited July 2021

Some more experiments to create custom features. In this case for the The Old Barn

Click the titles to view the gallery page with all used assets!

VW Beetle 1970:

VW Beetle 1970

VW Beetle 1970 - 50 years later:

VW Beetle 1970 - 50 years later

Post edited by markusmatern on
  • MtnMistMtnMist Posts: 10

Oh, wow, markusmatern, I love these!

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,829

are the stones only in the landscapes? no random or anything, just as they are all the time? 

• Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,577

@HowieFarkes, can we have an US Ecologies Designer, PLEASE? 

• HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 606

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

I'm beginning the process of defining what UltraScenery2 will look like and this is certainly one of the high priority features to be added.
  • GoggerGogger Posts: 2,382

HowieFarkes said:

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

I'm beginning the process of defining what UltraScenery2 will look like and this is certainly one of the high priority features to be added.

WOOHOO!!
    Is it too early to ask for a rough time frame - even if something like "Next year, or the year after"?

This discussion has been closed.