UltraScenery - new territory [Commercial]

Comments

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,544
    edited June 2021
    There are one or two of JeffersonAF's landscapes with a horizon ring that could also be used to disguise the lack of extent of the forest, possibly with less resources used too. One like https://www.daz3d.com/foggy-forest-2 might do the job. There are others like https://www.daz3d.com/the-magical-place.
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • ecks201ecks201 Posts: 443

Thanks for getting to the bottom of the undulating track barbult.

I'm off to your experiments thread now.
    Great info. Thanks.

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

Anyone else missing the "Y Scale/Position" in 1.03? Not that I use it, but I saw it in @barbult's screenshot so I thought it was supposed to be there.

I just checked the documentation that Howie provides, and it is listed: "Adjust the size of the noise separately in each of the X, Y and Z axes."

USCMissingYScaling.jpg
    788 x 533 - 48K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 24,042

dawnblade said:

Anyone else missing the "Y Scale/Position" in 1.03? Not that I use it, but I saw it in @barbult's screenshot so I thought it was supposed to be there.

I just checked the documentation that Howie provides, and it is listed: "Adjust the size of the noise separately in each of the X, Y and Z axes."

The screenshot of mine that you linked was UltraScenery version 1.0.2. You are correct that Y is no longer present in version 1.3. I don't remember, or maybe never knew, why it was removed. The noise preview is only two dimensional (X and Z), so it kind of makes sense to not have Y. 

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153
    edited June 2021

barbult said:

dawnblade said:

Oh my.  Here's what I have for version info. I've been doing other things so away from USC but thought it was there recently.  Maybe as barbult is alluding, it's derived in another manner now

USC Version.jpg
    802 x 551 - 73K
    USC Scene Panel.jpg
    802 x 551 - 80K
    Post edited by Doc Acme on
  • HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 606

The Y scale was removed as it was completely redundant - it didn't matter what value it was as it had no effect on the resulting terrain.

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723
    Got it! Thank you barbult, Doc Acme, and HowieFarkes.
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,831
    edited June 2021

A render using Pacific Northwest ecology. One of my favorite parts of the country.

Ultra night.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 1M
    Post edited by RGcincy on
  • Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933

Hi everyone,

I have a question... for ecologies that rely on external products like Pines, does it matter if the user-facing .duf files are moved to a different folder? Or does UltraScenery only need their files from the data folder?

Mustakettu85 said:

Hi everyone,

I have a question... for ecologies that rely on external products like Pines, does it matter if the user-facing .duf files are moved to a different folder? Or does UltraScenery only need their files from the data folder?

I believe the user facing files need to be in the original location. The ecology definition files reference paths such as:

"path": "/environments/andrey pestryakov/nature trees pack 4/pine LOD2/NTP4 Pine V1 09 LOD2.duf", 

• HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 606

Mustakettu85 said:

Hi everyone,

UltraScenery will look for the props in the default location (where DIM or Smart Content puts them) - if you put them somewhere else then the script will not be able to find them.
  • Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    Thank you!
  • alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,378

This looks like a useful add-on for Ultrascenery and it's free for Platinum Club members:

https://www.daz3d.com/nile-papyrus-plants-

Cheers,

Alex.

edited July 2021

Can I ask, can the accelerator be installed manually?

It's in the fast grab at the moment, and I have held off thinking that it'd need installation through DIM. Having seen the problems that can be generated, I am NEVER letting DIM or DAZ Central organise the location of any of my stuff. What makes it easier is that the machine is offline, so manual installation is actually easier. Anyway, is it a DLL that needs to be put in the program directory, or is there more to it that prevents manual installation? If it's prevented, much as I'd like the accelerator I'll not get it and I've saved money that is otherwise guaranteed to be spent on the accelerator.

Regards,

Richard

richardandtracy said:

It's in the fast grab at the moment, and I have held off thinking that it'd need installation through DIM. Having seen the problems that can be generated, I am NEVER letting DIM or DAZ Central organise the location of any of my stuff. What makes it easier is that the machine is offline, so manual installation is actually easier. Anyway, is it a DLL that needs to be put in the program directory, or is there more to it that prevents manual installation? If it's prevented, much as I'd like the accelerator I'll not get it and I've saved money that is otherwise guaranteed to be spent on the accelerator.

Regards,

Richard

I usually manually install but I ended up using DIM to install the Accelerator.  This managed to do the task without messing anything up.  I've never used DAZ Central but, from what I've read in the forums (and this thread in particular) it's best avoided.  

Cheers,

Alex.

I am convinced I don't have DIM on the machine. If you needed to use it despite wanting to do it manually, I'll live with the script. And not spend some money. Thanks.

Regards,

Richard.

edited July 2021

Is/was there an UltraScenery product called Rocks?
    I saw it the other week in the "You may also be interested in..." section at the bottom of the store page, but it only linked to the '404 page not found' error page.
    Now at the bottom of the main UltraScenery product page there's an icon that never loads. Looking at the code it looks like SKU 82128.

So is/was Rocks a thing? Is it a past or future product?
    I'm curious

It's also listed at the bottom of https://www.daz3d.com/stones-hr-2

Post edited by ecks201 on
    edited July 2021

ecks201 said:

Is/was there an UltraScenery product called Rocks?
    I saw it the other week in the "You may also be interested in..." section at the bottom of the store page, but it only linked to the '404 page not found' error page.
    Now at the bottom of the main UltraScenery product page there's an icon that never loads. Looking at the code it look like SKU 82128.

So is/was Rocks a thing? Is it a past or future product?
    I'm curious

I've not heard of any "rocks" add-on although Andrey Pestryakov has several suitible products which can be added to Ultrascenes, if you wish.  New add-ons are usually teased in this thread before they are released.  However, DAZ has a history of adding new add-ons to the Ultrascenery product page before they are actually released so something may be coming. 

Cheers,

Alex. 

Post edited by alexhcowley on
  • richardandtracy said:

Regards,

Richard

Yes, it is a plug-in with a DLL file to go in the application folder. I've not tried a manual install but I'm not aware that it needs to add anything to the registry or the like during the instalaltion stage. In any event, using DIM to install plug-ins would have no effect on content.

Made me think. OK, I'll give it a bash & see if it works. May have to return it if it's no go, but with any luck...

Regards,

Richard

Richard Haseltine said:

richardandtracy said:

Regards,

Richard

I'm not aware that it needs to add anything to the registry or the like during the instalaltion stage. 

I can confirm this from personal experience. I used DIM to install the dll on my test and set up PC and then copied it to the render PC manually.  It's been running happily ever since. 

Ideally, DAZ need to supply two manual installers for this product, one for the Studio content folder and the other for the Windows system folder.

Cheers,

Alex. 

Yep, lesson learned. Was unable to download manually, no buttons available & no DIM to trigger by pressing a 'DIM Download' button, because I have no 'DIM for Android' to trigger - Android is my only web interface OS. Ticket gone in requesting a refund OR an alternative zip file with the DLL so I can put it in the right place myself.

Regards,

Richard.

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

Howie,  I don't know you already have add-on ideas in the works, but I would like to throw one in the mix.  Waterfalls and/or rivers that follow a slope.  Thanks.

gitika1 said:

Howie,  I don't know you already have add-on ideas in the works, but I would like to throw one in the mix.  Waterfalls and/or rivers that follow a slope.  Thanks.

I suggested, a while back, a scene with a waterfall at one end. I don't know if anything is going to come of it, though. 

Cheers,

Alex. 

alexhcowley said:

gitika1 said:

I suggested, a while back, a scene with a waterfall at one end. I don't know if anything is going to come of it, though. 

Cheers,

Alex. 

If we're suggesting stuff:

How about some rocks? :-)

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,046

How about combining the two? Rapids and waterfalls, then quiet pools at the bottom? Or a animal-created dam? Are there beavers around to hire?

edited July 2021

I did create a different height water with a dam, and was quite pleased with the result, but there were things I can see, as you may too. If you look, you may notice that the stream bed on either side of the stream near the camera, at a level above the normal water level looks dry, even though under water, as do the near side stones of the dam. However, where the original stream bed went, they look wet. This is due to the US props (stones & logs) having a shader that gives a colour dependant on altitude. The normal 'wet line' is anything at Y=25mm or lower to accomodate water wicking up surfaces from the default waterline of Y=0.

If you have waterfalls & flowing streams giving different water levels across the landscape, this may cause problems with the 'water wicking' shaders that dampen stones & logs. There may need an X/Z horizontal positioning component taken into account in the shader as well as the vertical one.

Regards,

Richard.

edited July 2021

I used the new Modular Railway Track product with a terrain height map in UltraScenery. I used UltraScatterPro to scatter a few weeds between the ties and a few rocks around the terrain. The ecology is one from the Harpwood set.

Usc Terrain Modular Track Freight Harpwood Riding Rails.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

barbult said:

I used the new Modular Railway Track product with a terrain height map in UltraScenery. I used UltraScatterPro to scatter a few weeds between the ties and a few rocks around the terrain. The ecology is one from the Harpwood set.

Nice use of the Modular Railway Track. I have that in my wishlist now & was wondering why one didn't exist earlier.

Doc Acme said:

barbult said:

Nice use of the Modular Railway Track. I have that in my wishlist now & was wondering why one didn't exist earlier.

One disappointing thing I've discovered is that all of the ties have a single texture map, so they look very repetitive in a long stretch of track. I'm trying to overcome that by making some extra surfaces with the geometry editor.
This discussion has been closed.