UltraScenery - new territory [Commercial]

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 24,042

Pacific Northwest ecology 6 is working OK for me, too. 

USC PNW 6 No Feature_001.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
    USC PNW 6 No Feature_002.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
  • alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,378

barbult said:

Pacific Northwest ecology 6 is working OK for me, too. 

Excellent stuff, as always.  I had a vision of bigfoot running through the trees the moment I saw these renders.

Cheers,

Alex. 

• I'm a little late to the party but I had today my "wow"-moment making the first steps with USC. It is so realistic and fast and beautiful. Building time is less than one minute so I can tweak it several times without loosing my nerves and the render is nice to look at after 5 min. I have no words for my enthusiasm. I've had a try before the accelerator age. 30min for creating a scene and then again for correcting the camera and others. Horrible! What a difference to today. Now I will read all the tips and tricks you all figured out until now. Thanks for both of these very informative threads...

USC test3.png
    1109 x 894 - 2M
  • Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562
    edited May 2021

Here is my first run using the Pacific NW add on. Plus AtmoCam2, Brown Bear by AM, Brown Bear Cub by AM, LAMH 2 Iray Catalyzer, and Pavilion of Montchanin Fallen Iray.

This was my first real test of my new video card set up, first time using LAMH2 plus UltraScenery. Rendered in 45 minutes.

Bears-Final.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 963K
    Post edited by Jason Galterio on
  • Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

Well, work in the Pittock Mansion instead and you nearly have it.  Still don't think swimming would be on anyones mind yet.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pittock+mansion&sxsrf=ALeKk00sHx_O4jScFY8a3ypLCYXa_ZDKsA:1622502215920&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=JEJm5bQiNQDChM%2C2lMzo8ALtw6f9M%2C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kSD0vstwia2dGS4x0SP8VaqQ0IGXQ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiSjejhg_XwAhVXnp4KHY-3Az4Q9QF6BAgOEAE#imgrc=1y1KIyGz6V1U4M

I'm finally getting back to revisits on a couple scenes that just weren't having it on the laptop (I was out of state for 6 months).  Here's one that I had to put a scarf on the poor lass originally as hair just over taxed the system; just barely got the balloon in as I recall. Simming the dress & apron?  HA!  Now, piece of the proverbial cake.

With the PNW set, I'm going to have to see how AM's Materia behaves in the next few months.

Unexpected Visitors.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 429K
  • Eggs ActlyEggs Actly Posts: 168

I'm enjoying the Pacific NW - this product just keeps giving an giving heart

I don't know if anybody has suggested this, but I would love to see a wild river with rocks poking up for River Rafting. Don't know if it's possible though.

• vaaernvaaern Posts: 77

I tried it out myself now, pretty nice!

Fog Forest.png
    2688 x 1512 - 7M
  • How do I make the Ultrascenery sections bigger. I find it annoying as heck having to generate multiple ecosystems and tiling them together manually. Any chance HowieFarkes could give us an option for larger ecosystem plots or a feature to change the size of the plots like an addon to Ultrascenery that you could purchase? I'd buying it for sure. 

edited June 2021

RemiliaSutton said:

How do I make the Ultrascenery sections bigger. I find it annoying as heck having to generate multiple ecosystems and tiling them together manually. Any chance HowieFarkes could give us an option for larger ecosystem plots or a feature to change the size of the plots like an addon to Ultrascenery that you could purchase? I'd buying it for sure. 

The original 84 metres square format was chosen in order to keep the number of instances down to something that was not too insane.

Howie has mentioned vaguely that he is planning larger scenes but, as far as I am aware, nothing concrete has emerged yet. 

Having said that, one early innovation was the extend forest option on the build tab.  This helps to deal with what Howie refers to as "the end of the world look". 

Cheers,

Alex. 

Post edited by alexhcowley on
  • TirroTirro Posts: 4
    edited June 2021

Hi, I love the product. I am wanting to create a more sandy/muddy shoreline. I have hiddden the shoreline pebbles, but the terrain looks jagged without the pebbles. I believe it is because of land surface triangles. Any ideas how to soften the shoreline up? I also tried to change the pebble shaders to sand/mud, but they just looks like rocks.

I am wondering if there is a way to increase the subdivision on the terrain. I didn't see that as an avaialble option.

Post edited by Tirro on
  • alexhcowley said:

RemiliaSutton said:

How do I make the Ultrascenery sections bigger. I find it annoying as heck having to generate multiple ecosystems and tiling them together manually. Any chance HowieFarkes could give us an option for larger ecosystem plots or a feature to change the size of the plots like an addon to Ultrascenery that you could purchase? I'd buying it for sure. 

The original 84 metres square format was chosen in order to keep the number of instances down to something that was not too insane.

Howie has mentioned vaguely that he is planning larger scenes but, as far as I am aware, nothing concrete has emerged yet. 

Having said that, one early innovation was the extend forest option on the build tab.  This helps to deal with what Howie refers to as "the end of the world look". 

Cheers,

Alex. 

Tried That but it didn't seem to help? not even in the render itself. what the heck is wrong? It's an "acceptable" band-aid but HowieFarkes REALLY needs to make these things bigger. Scene Optimizer makes a signifagant difference on my memory on tiled plots with loads of instances though my computer can handle it with minor slow down. I just don't like the repetitive work of constantly generating moving repeat. But i'll guess i'll have to wait until i turn 51 to see if HowieFarkes decides to make the plots bigger. For now the extend Forest Band-aid will do. If i can get it to work. It's better than tiling or nothing at all Any thought on getting extend forest to work if you have multiple tiles? My normal usage of Ultrascenery is a flat grassland in the scenter of trees plants etc on tiles surrounding it on three sides. Reason: i put things like houses or other structures in the center for house-in-woods type scenes. How would i extend forest from all the side tiles and NOT the center one? is that even possible? see why i need bigger tiles now? i'm sure i'm not the only one out there in my position or similir. Sorry for my bad spelling/grammer. I faild college for many reasons. this is one. but i'm doing a'ight nowadays but anywho..... 

A lot can be done with other assets & compositing techniques to make it look as if you've more than you have.  Sometimes takes an eye to see where that can happen.

HowieFarkes said:

Submitting to Daz very soon my Pacific Northwest sets. Here's something I put together with it.

• FantastArtFantastArt Posts: 287
    edited June 2021

Hi, I bought the Accelerator for UltraSceneCreator a few days ago, but I can't get it to work. I reinstalled my UltraSceneCreator and installed a new downloaded file manually, but it's still not working. The sign of the Accelerator is not showing in UltraSceneCreator. I just tried again. i deleted UltraSceneCreator and the Accelerator and installed again. The UltraScenery shows version 1.3. I don't see a version number in Accelerator

Post edited by FantastArt on

FantastArt said:

Hi, I bought the Accelerator for UltraSceneCreator a few days ago, but I can't get it to work. I reinstalled my UltraSceneCreator and installed a new downloaded file manually, but it's still not working. The sign of the Accelerator is not showing in UltraSceneCreator. I just tried again. i deleted UltraSceneCreator and the Accelerator and installed again. The UltraScenery shows version 1.3. I don't see a version number in Accelerator

The manual installer for accelarator doesn't work.  Try installing it using DIM. 

Cheers,

Alex. 

alexhcowley said:

FantastArt said:

The manual installer for accelarator doesn't work.  Try installing it using DIM. 

Cheers,

Alex. 

Thank you Alex, I also did that. It doesn work either.

edited June 2021

FantastArt said:

alexhcowley said:

FantastArt said:

Cheers,

Alex. 

• What version of Daz Studio are you using? ( You can find it with the Help/About Daz Studio menu.)
    • Are you using the Daz Studio release version or the beta version? (Acclelerator works with both, but installation location is different for each.)
    • On the UltraScenery Build tab, in the lower right corner, what is the complete version number? 
    • In Daz Studio. Use the menu Help/About Installed Plugins. In the window that opens, scroll down. Do you see UltraSceneryAccelerator listed? If so, does it have a green "plug" icon next to it?
    • What operating system are you using on your computer?
    • Do you have any security software that might be blocking the installation?
    Post edited by barbult on
    edited June 2021

barbult said:

FantastArt said:

alexhcowley said:

FantastArt said:

Cheers,

Alex. 

• What version of Daz Studio are you using? ( You can find it with the Help/About Daz Studio menu.)
    • Are you using the Daz Studio release version or the beta version? (Acclelerator works with both, but installation location is different for each.)
    • On the UltraScenery Build tab, in the lower right corner, what is the complete version number? 
    • In Daz Studio. Use the menu Help/About Installed Plugins. In the window that opens, scroll down. Do you see UltraSceneryAccelerator listed? If so, does it have a green "plug" icon next to it?
    • What operating system are you using on your computer?
    • Do you have any security software that might be blocking the installation?

Hello,

- My Studio Version is 4.15.0.2. Pro.

- It's not a beta version.

- the version number is 1.3.3.1.

- Accelerator is not listed in the menu, but it's shown in the library. see attached image

- My system is: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor , 32 GB RAM, 64Bit, Windows 10 Home, NVIDIA GForce RTX 3060

I have installed Daz Studio not on my C drive, may that cause the problem.

Thank you very much for taking your time to help me!

Screenshot (24).png
    635 x 474 - 89K
    Post edited by FantastArt on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,046
    edited June 2021

@FantastArt,

Open the UltraScenery script and look on the Build tab. That is where you can see the version numbers of UltraScenery and the Accelerator. See my snip of my tab.

Mary

US Versions Location Build Tab.PNG
    837 x 578 - 37K
    Post edited by memcneil70 on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,046

And I have installed all my UltraScenery files through DIM into my F: drives where all my Daz Studio files are. C: is much too small now even for program files. But one thing to remember, install through DIM, no mix with Daz Connect or that other thing Daz came up with that messes up stuff.

• sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992

RemiliaSutton said:

You could take a stab at populating TerraDome3 with UltraScatterPro

edited June 2021

FantastArt said:

Hello,

- My Studio Version is 4.15.0.2. Pro.

- It's not a beta version.

- the version number is 1.3.3.1.

- Accelerator is not listed in the menu, but it's shown in the library. see attached image

- My system is: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor , 32 GB RAM, 64Bit, Windows 10 Home, NVIDIA GForce RTX 3060

I have installed Daz Studio not on my C drive, may that cause the problem.

Thank you very much for taking your time to help me!

@Fantastart Everything looks normal, except for the plugin not being listed in the menu of installed plugins. The Accelerator.dsa file shown in the Content Library is the link to the user guide for it, so at least some of it installed for you.

I do have my Daz Studio installed on the C drive, so that is a difference between our installations. For me, the plugin is installed in folder C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins and the file is named libUltraSceneryAccelerator.dll.

• Can you find libUltraSceneryAccelerator.dll.on either C or the drive that you installed Daz Studio on? If so, is it in the same place as other Daz Studio plugins (there should be dozens of plugins, for example, you could search for dzprimitives.dll.)
    • In DIM, in the Advanced Settings, do you have the Installation and Applications tabs set correctly to install things on the correct drive and folders? I'm not sure which of those settings applies to plugins, but I'd guess it is the 64-bit Software Base address.
  • mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,084
    edited June 2021

Doc Acme said:

A lot can be done with other assets & compositing techniques to make it look as if you've more than you have.  Sometimes takes an eye to see where that can happen.

HowieFarkes said:

Submitting to Daz very soon my Pacific Northwest sets. Here's something I put together with it.

Anybody have some advice on how to create a scene like this? I am puzzled about this: if I have a mountain, how do I get USC to populate the mountain with trees and vegetation (like Pacific Northwest here)? The rocksI can figure out on my own (I'd just manually place them as I like), but I don't know how to populate a non-USC surface/patch of land.

Post edited by mcorr on
    edited June 2021

mcorr said:

Doc Acme said:

HowieFarkes said:

Anybody have some advice on how to create a scene like this? I am puzzled about this: if I have a mountain, how do I get USC to populate the mountain with trees and vegetation (like Pacific Northwest here)? The rocksI can figure out on my own (I'd just manually place them as I like), but I don't know how to populate a non-USC surface/patch of land.

I don't think that is a non-USC patch of land. You can change the terrain height and contours in the first tab of UltraSceneCreator. The background mountains are probably either an HDRI or just a background image.

• mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,084

barbult said:

mcorr said:

Doc Acme said:

HowieFarkes said:

I don't think that is a non-USC patch of land. You can change the terrain height and contours in the first tab of UltraSceneCreator. The background mountains are probably either an HDRI or just a background image.

Unbelieveable ... I didn't think one can generate such a smooth decline merely by fiddling with the height settings on a USC plane. I'll have to give it a try since I am charmed by this image!! Thanks!

edited June 2021

mcorr said:

barbult said:

mcorr said:

Doc Acme said:

HowieFarkes said:

Unbelieveable ... I didn't think one can generate such a smooth decline merely by fiddling with the height settings on a USC plane. I'll have to give it a try since I am charmed by this image!! Thanks!

You can load your own terrain map, as well as fiddle with the brightness, contrast, zoom, octaves, altitude, etc. 

edited June 2021

So, I took on the challenge of making a "mountain" UltraScenery image inspired by Howie Farkes' masterpiece. It isn't up to his level of artistry, but I am pretty happy with it. I created a gradient terrain map to create a sloped UltraScenery terrain. I used a max altitude of 20. I selected PNW 4 ecology to get the yellow long grass. I used a layer mask on the fir trees to reduce the quantity to get more open space. I added a couple extra fir trees manually in the foreground and some rocks. It is lit with Sun-Sky. The background image is a photographI took on a trip to Yosemity NP, which I placed in the Daz Studio Environment tab. I did postwork in Luminar to replace the sky, add a little vignette and some toning.

@mcorr, I hope this give you some ideas to create your own mountain image.

USC PNW 4 Mountain Luminar.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 3M
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,544
    That is stunning, Barbult. Truly remarkable. Just needs a couple of Dall Sheep and a Grizzly.

Dabbing my toe in the Alienator Pro waters

I've had the product for awhile but just getting around to testing it out.  I'm a bit confused by the docs in not quite understanding the workflow logic I guess.  

I've some sets created, but I'm unclear why Dropping is so important for example. Can you load a set & simply rename making a subset then edit by dropping?

Anyway, wondering if any of you experienced users of it have some links or such that might 'splain working with it a bit clearer.

Tnx

richardandtracy said:

That is stunning, Barbult. Truly remarkable. Just needs a couple of Dall Sheep and a Grizzly.

I'm glad you liked it! 

Doc Acme said:

Dabbing my toe in the Alienator Pro waters

I've had the product for awhile but just getting around to testing it out.  I'm a bit confused by the docs in not quite understanding the workflow logic I guess.  

I've some sets created, but I'm unclear why Dropping is so important for example. Can you load a set & simply rename making a subset then edit by dropping?

Anyway, wondering if any of you experienced users of it have some links or such that might 'splain working with it a bit clearer.

Tnx

There's a commercial thread for Alienator Pro. That is probably the best place to ask about it. 

This discussion has been closed.