UltraScenery - new territory [Commercial]

Comments

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,348

hacsart said:

can you enlighten me as to the changes? I'm not much understanding jsons..

MelanieL said:

barbult said:

If the water is too shallow, you won't get fish instances, I believe.

In my case it's definitely the missing minus signs - I hacked the .json's and the fish are back. 

You want "TA CF 03.json" and "TA CF 04.json" from Environments/Landscapes/UltraScenery/Ecologies.

In a text editor that won't mess up the format (I use the free Notepad++) search for the word "fish" then a few lines below that you will see "altitude" then "min" then "height" - just put a minus sign before the value "300" so it reads "-300" and save it. Be really careful not to change anything else or the whole thing probably don't work..

• hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,025
    edited May 2021

Thanks! That worked!

Yay! Fish!

fishtest.jpg
    1146 x 873 - 964K
    Post edited by hacsart on

yes

• blosseblosse Posts: 46
    edited May 2021

Are the Lakes 1, 2 & 3 supposed to have fish when used with Country Ford 1-6, because Lake 3 does not have fish.

However I have fish in the Pond when used with Country Ford 1-6..

Post edited by blosse on
  • sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992

Do we have any beaten-up and falling down boardwalks for UltraScenery?  Broken boards? Decrepit and rotted texture?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 24,042
    edited May 2021

sandmanmax said:

Do we have any beaten-up and falling down boardwalks for UltraScenery?  Broken boards? Decrepit and rotted texture?

No, but you can easily move or rotate sections of a boardwalk to make it appear to be broken or falling down. You could apply dirt or moss shaders or even create an opacity map to make holes or rot.

UltraScenery Wetland 2 Mossy Hollow 1 broken boardwalk.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
    edited May 2021

Ok - thanks. I've been kind of working in that direction but it's a LOT of work.  At this point, I'm not sure if I'm committed enough to the concept to undertake it.  But at least I know what I need to do.  With something like 30,000 options that already exist, I've still got plenty to explore without any DIY work.

Beautiful tropical scene, by the way...

Post edited by sandmanmax on
  • alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,378
    edited May 2021

sandmanmax said:

Ok - thanks. I've been kind of working in that direction but it's a LOT of work.  At this point, I'm not sure if I'm committed enough to the concept to undertake it.  But at least I know what I need to do.  With something like 30,000 options that already exist, I've still got plenty to explore without any DIY work.

30,000?  There are currently 54,327 different combinations of landscape feature, ecology and water shader.  I'm currently working my way through most of them.  I've calculated that it will take me until sometime towards the end of the next century to complete my Grand Project.  I will be retiring some time in the not too distant future so it's good to have something to keep me occupied. 

That tropical scene is rather good, isn't it?   

Cheers,

Alex.

Post edited by alexhcowley on

alexhcowley said:

sandmanmax said:

30,000?  There are currently 54,327 different combinations of landscape feature, ecology and water shader.  I'm currently working my way through most of them.  I've calculated that it will take me until sometime towards the end of the next century to complete my Grand Project.  I will be retiring some time in the not too distant future so it's good to have something to keep me occupied. 

Cheers,

Alex.

Oh, I knew that number was low; it was just a random guess. laugh  Oh - and I accidentally found the decrepid, rotting boardwalks. They're in the Albert Mansion set. I thought I'd seen them somewhere.

Albert Mansion Decripid Boardwalk.png
    889 x 500 - 1M

And, Alex, good luck with your Grand Project... that's really ambitious!!  I just retired a couple of months ago and somehow the time slips away.  Silly things, like I think I'll test all the sky domes with one scene, so I can compare them.  Oh - that architecture set isn't Iray;  I'll just update it, retexture it and save it.  Three days later.... now what was I working on again?  The reason I wanted to test the skies?  Oh, yes, I need dawn lighting.

So how far along are you?  Are you posting results in the Gallery?

sandmanmax said:

alexhcowley said:

sandmanmax said:

Cheers,

Alex.

Oh, I knew that number was low; it was just a random guess. laugh  Oh - and I accidentally found the decrepid, rotting boardwalks. They're in the Albert Mansion set. I thought I'd seen them somewhere.

Oooh nice! We need to incorporate those into an UltraScenery scene. 

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 8,403

barbult said:

sandmanmax said:

alexhcowley said:

sandmanmax said:

Cheers,

Alex.

I'm sure that for someone like you with your expertise, it'll be a piece of cake.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,838

Pacific NW is needed muchly. enough with the 8.1 females and tempting environments. I did wishlist the Cyberpunk Back Alley Bundle though. Looks very nice. 

edited May 2021

DoctorJellybean said:

barbult said:

sandmanmax said:

I'm sure that for someone like you with your expertise, it'll be a piece of cake.

Well, I got a little carried away here... laugh

The Poorly Maintained Ford

I replaced the Country Ford footbridge with the Albert Mansion boardwalk. Then I used the diffuse overlay to add some green (algae, moss?) blobs to it. Once I had the Albert Mansion product open, I was seduced by additional props - bones, skull, crows. I added a few more Country Ford props - rocks, grass heads, weeds, daffodil, mushrooms. I knocked over the height measurement stick and plopped a crow on top. I added a USC log and a stick from Australia Botanica and some fallen leaves on the road. Next came cows - inspired by the previously added bones, and some bugs flying around those bones. An overturned vehicle blocking the ford came next. Yah, I think that is about all my computer could handle. - Wait, I added a mouse with dForce hair - that should pretty much kill it. Can you even see him?

USC Country Ford with Albert boardwalk_001 PS.jpg
    2400 x 1350 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 8,403
    edited May 2021

barbult said:

Well, I got a little carried away here... 
    laugh

I replaced the Country Ford footbridge with the Albert Mansion boardwalk. Then I used the diffuse overlay to add some green (algae, moss?) blobs to it. Once I had the Albert Mansion product open, I was seduced by additional props - bones, skull, crows. I added a few more Country Ford props - rocks, grass heads, weeds, daffodil, mushrooms. I knocked over the height measurement stick and plopped a crow on top. I added a USC log and a stick from Australia Botanica and some fallen leaves on the road. Next came cows - inspired by the previously added bones, and some bugs flying around those bones. An overturned vehicle blocking the ford came next. Yah, I think that is about all my computer could handle. - Wait, I added a mouse with dForce hair - that should pretty much kill it. Can you even see him?

It's good to get carried away sometimes smiley  That is a very nice render indeed!

Yep, hiding underneath the skull wink

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
  • NathNath Posts: 2,785

Great render of the ford!

barbult said:

Well, I got a little carried away here... 
    laugh

It's good to get carried away sometimes smiley  That is a very nice render indeed!

Yep, hiding underneath the skull wink

Yes, you spotted the mouse!
    Nath said:

Great render of the ford!

Thanks, Nath. You almost can't see the ford with all the stuff I added.
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,544
    You have turned into the great War & Steam Train artist 'Terence Cuneo' who always had a mouse somewhere in his paintings. My dad has a print of the Battle of Sideh Roseh (forgive spelling) and the mouse/rat (probably rat as the battle involved the Desert Rats) has a collar flying the flags of the day as it bounds out of a shell hole.
    I used to put a rat or two in my RRRR entries a lot. It started with a particular contest series, and I just kind of kept the theme going for a long time. I didn't know there was a REAL artist that did that!
  • markusmaternmarkusmatern Posts: 558
    edited May 2021

This is one of my latest UltraScenery renders:

I used Features Volume 3, Swamp and a custom map to show more water around the boat and platform. I also used the HF Submerged Item shader on parts of the boat. This darkens the wood near the water line.

A complete list of used assets is in my gallery

Post edited by markusmatern on
  • GoggerGogger Posts: 2,382

barbult said:

I used to put a rat or two in my RRRR entries a lot. It started with a particular contest series, and I just kind of kept the theme going for a long time. I didn't know there was a REAL artist that did that!

When I was stationed in England (USAF) I started collecting David Winter Cottages and part of their schtick was each cottege had a little mouse hidden in the details somewhere. Half the fun of collecting them was being able to find it.

Gogger said:

barbult said:

When I was stationed in England (USAF) I started collecting David Winter Cottages and part of their schtick was each cottege had a little mouse hidden in the details somewhere. Half the fun of collecting them was being able to find it.

I never knew this mouse/rat hiding thing was so common! How many of the cottages did you collect? Do you still have them? I had never heard of them. I looked them up on the internet and see them on sale at Amazon.

edited May 2021

barbult said:

Gogger said:

barbult said:

I never knew this mouse/rat hiding thing was so common! How many of the cottages did you collect? Do you still have them? I had never heard of them. I looked them up on the internet and see them on sale at Amazon.

After an amicable division of property I only have three of the fifteen or so I once had. :)  I still have them on display and enjoy the quality and level of detail as much as the British countryside cottage and Tudor home styles.

- And to stray back on topic, I might need to put some David Winter style homes in UltraScenery settings. (Like 3 Raven Court for instance.)

Post edited by Gogger on
    edited May 2021

Gogger said:

barbult said:

Gogger said:

barbult said:

After an amicable division of property I only have three of the fifteen or so I once had. :)  I still have them on display and enjoy the quality and level of detail as much as the British countryside cottage and Tudor home styles..

That's interesting. I have 5 David Winter models (my late mother loved them) but have never noticed any mice on them. I just went to look but I can't spot them - my eyesight is not as good as it was, so maybe I should try again in daylight tomorrow. Whereabouts on a model might I expect to find them?

ETA: Answered my own question with the power of Google! There are a couple of websites that list the locations - so far I've managed to find two of the five, but still need daylight for the others I think.

On a similar subject, my old school had a carved wooden cross by Robert "Mouseman" Thompson, a carver and joiner in Northern England. All his pieces had a carved mouse somewhere on them.

Post edited by MelanieL on
    edited May 2021

MelanieL said:

Gogger said:

barbult said:

Gogger said:

barbult said:

After an amicable division of property I only have three of the fifteen or so I once had. :)  I still have them on display and enjoy the quality and level of detail as much as the British countryside cottage and Tudor home styles..

That's interesting. I have 5 David Winter models (my late mother loved them) but have never noticed any mice on them. I just went to look but I can't spot them - my eyesight is not as good as it was, so maybe I should try again in daylight tomorrow. Whereabouts on a model might I expect to find them?

ETA: Answered my own question with the power of Google! There are a couple of websites that list the locations - so far I've managed to find two of the five, but still need daylight for the others I think.

On a similar subject, my old school had a carved wooden cross by Robert "Mouseman" Thompson, a carver and joiner in Northern England. All his pieces had a carved mouse somewhere on them.

Hmmm.... methinks there MUST be a story as to why the British are so enamored of these mice in their artworks. As to finding the David Winter Mice - it is often challenging even when you know where it is, not that it is obfuscated or 'stylized' it just blends in to the details so well.  So, @barbult  putting a mouse in the scene that she envisioned as hard to find could actually turn into a fun UltraScenery thing. I may just give it a go myself!

Post edited by Gogger on

Gogger said:

MelanieL said:

Gogger said:

barbult said:

Gogger said:

barbult said:

Hmmm.... methinks there MUST be a story as to why the British are so enamored of these mice in their artworks. As to finding the David Winter Mice - it is often challenging even when you know where it is, not that it is obfuscated or 'stylized' it just blends in to the details so well.  So, @barbult  putting a mouse in the scene that she envisioned as hard to find could actually turn into a fun UltraScenery thing. I may just give it a go myself!

That's a fabulous idea!  

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,624
    edited May 2021

barbult said:

Well, I got a little carried away here... laugh

I love this!  When I first looked at it without making it larger I thought the cow was standing on the truck. 

Post edited by Daventaki on
    Those cows are old Poser things and when I add them to my scene, Daz Studio adds IK junk and messes up poses. I see how the big one seems to be on the truck. The legs of both cows just look weirdly splayed. I saw that, but didn't know how to fix it, so I just moved on.
  • HeavyRayHeavyRay Posts: 175

markusmatern said:

This is one of my latest UltraScenery renders:

I used Features Volume 3, Swamp and a custom map to show more water around the boat and platform. I also used the HF Submerged Item shader on parts of the boat. This darkens the wood near the water line.

A complete list of used assets is in my gallery

re: HF Submerged Item shader
    Could you elaborate a bit more on what this product/item is all about?  It's not listed in your gallery 'Daz products used' and I couldn't find anything at Rendo.

Well done on your image!!

This discussion has been closed.