UltraScenery - new territory [Commercial]

Comments

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,838

Is it possible to change the shaders/textures on the pebbles, or the water? I tried to change up the water color via the surfaces tab, but the only change I could actually see were with ripples. It didn;t make them jhigher or whatever but did change how the reflection and glossiness presented itself. 

• sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992

Is there any way to introduce variability in plant size in UltraScenery?  As in baby plants, partially grown, fully grown?  I know I could use UltraScatter.  But in UltraScenery, it's all or nothing, right?  I'd have to shrink each plants down and add the babies in as a separate plant group, like the Small, Med, Large tree layers?

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,382
    edited April 2021

daveso said:

This may have been covered, but is it possible to combine 2 or more ecologies to an environemnt? so ,say grass and oaks, or pine and willow, etc

Edit 2 - Rereading your quesiton, this doesn't quite answer it, but is one way to get the result.  Be sure to use the same initial land/scene and then add different ecologies to the second generated US scene.  Hope this helps.

I have posted examples of this in this thread before (maybe in the first thread this one comes from). The trick is you generate your first UltraScenery scene then in the Scene pane be sure to click OFF that whole first US group - if your first scene is still selected UltraScenery will just make modifications to that first group. Then go back and generate a new US scene like you did before and make different selections (except for the terrain - best to keep it the same unless you want to really stir things up). You can move and rotate each group once finished as well.  Have fun!

Edit: I dug one of my old images up. I used two different overlayed US scenes in this shot - notice the extra lushness, or thickness of vegetation in the scene.

Post edited by Gogger on
  • DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,624

sandmanmax said:

Is there any way to introduce variability in plant size in UltraScenery?  As in baby plants, partially grown, fully grown?  I know I could use UltraScatter.  But in UltraScenery, it's all or nothing, right?  I'd have to shrink each plants down and add the babies in as a separate plant group, like the Small, Med, Large tree layers?

There is variablity built into the trees, most if not all give seedlings, young and adult trees.  But there is no way to control this inside the script.  You could after it has run remove various instances to give you more of one set or another and even duplicate instances if you wanted more of them.

Gogger said:

daveso said:

This may have been covered, but is it possible to combine 2 or more ecologies to an environemnt? so ,say grass and oaks, or pine and willow, etc

Edit 2 - Rereading your quesiton, this doesn't quite answer it, but is one way to get the result.  Be sure to use the same initial land/scene and then add different ecologies to the second generated US scene.  Hope this helps.

I have posted examples of this in this thread before (maybe in the first thread this one comes from). The trick is you generate your first UltraScenery scene then in the Scene pane be sure to click OFF that whole first US group - if your first scene is still selected UltraScenery will just make modifications to that first group. Then go back and generate a new US scene like you did before and make different selections (except for the terrain - best to keep it the same unless you want to really stir things up). You can move and rotate each group once finished as well.  Have fun!

Edit: I dug one of my old images up. I used two different overlayed US scenes in this shot - notice the extra lushness, or thickness of vegetation in the scene.

Thanks. that is really nice, and thick. Just what I'm looking for. I'll polay around a bit and see wha happens. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 24,042

This is how I mix ecologies:

1. Build the first ecology, using a black and white layer mask on large items like trees so they don't land on top of each other on the first and second ecology.
    2. Select the UltraScene and execute Edit/Duplicate/Duplicate Node. Don't waste time duplicating the whole node hierarchy. You are going to wipe it out by building the sceond ecology anyway. Duplicating the UltraScene node ensures that you are using the same terrain settings and feature.
    3. Select the duplicated UltraScene and run UltraScenery again to build the second ecology. Use the same black and white layer mask on the large trees, but right click and select to invert it. Hide layers like Base Grass, River Pebbles, etc, that already provided full coverage in the first build. Otherwise it can get too dense and slow things down a lot.
    4. Hide the UltraScene (2) Terrain  and UltraScene (2) Water and any UltraScene (2) Feature Props. You don't need (or want) two of these to be rendered.
    5. Render.

barbult said:

1. Build the first ecology, using a black and white layer mask on large items like trees so they don't land on top of each other on the first and second ecology.
    2. Select the UltraScene and execute Edit/Duplicate/Duplicate Node. Don't waste time duplicating the whole node hierarchy. You are going to wipe it out by building the sceond ecology anyway. Duplicating the UltraScene node ensures that you are using the same terrain settings and feature.
    3. Select the duplicated UltraScene and run UltraScenery again to build the second ecology. Use the same black and white layer mask on the large trees, but right click and select to invert it. Hide layers like Base Grass, River Pebbles, etc, that already provided full coverage in the first build. Otherwise it can get too dense and slow things down a lot.
    4. Hide the UltraScene (2) Terrain  and UltraScene (2) Water and any UltraScene (2) Feature Props. You don't need (or want) two of these to be rendered.
    5. Render.

not sure about this layer mask deal. I see nowhere to place that or how to make one that fits the scene. My expertise is very limited.  

daveso said:

barbult said:

5. Render.

not sure about this layer mask deal. I see nowhere to place that or how to make one that fits the scene. My expertise is very limited.  

Layer masks are discussed in the User Guide section 2.5.1. The are added in the Build tab. They have also been discussed in various places in the forum (maybe the previous version of this thread). You don't necessarily need anything specific to the scene in order to mix ecologies. I also discuss layer masks in my UltraScenery Experiments thread, specifically in the experiment about making a flower garden.

barbult said:

daveso said:

barbult said:

5. Render.

Layer masks are discussed in the User Guide section 2.5.1. The are added in the Build tab. They have also been discussed in various places in the forum (maybe the previous version of this thread). You don't necessarily need anything specific to the scene in order to mix ecologies. I also discuss layer masks in my UltraScenery Experiments thread, specifically in the experiment about making a flower garden.

thanks. i'll search around 

edited May 2021

Since we are talking about mixed ecologies, I mixed Swamp 2 with Mossy Hollow 1. Now I have a more Florida swamp with palm trees.

USC Mossy Hollow 1 Swamp 2 Mix 2PS.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992
    edited May 2021

I found some interesting wildlife in my swamp...  the Swamp Sprites come out to play around dawn.

Swamp Sprites at play.png
    1500 x 1200 - 3M
    Post edited by sandmanmax on
  • Eggs ActlyEggs Actly Posts: 168
    edited May 2021

I just bought the Ultrascenery - Country Ford extension and there seems to be a problem with the textures, not installing properly? Tried both DIM and manual installation in Daz 4.15.

Post edited by Eggs Actly on
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,106

Eggs Actly said:

I just bought the Ultrascenery - Country Ford extension and there seems to be a problem with the textures, not installing properly? Tried both DIM and manual installation in Daz 4.15.

You  also need the original Country Ford

• Eggs ActlyEggs Actly Posts: 168
    edited May 2021

Ahh - missed that one yes

Fishtales said:

Eggs Actly said:

You  also need the original Country Ford

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,378
    edited May 2021

After downloading the UltraScenery extension to Country Ford, I have updated my tame Excel spreadsheet showing all the possible combinations of land features, ecologies and water textures.  As before, this is straight out of the box, before you start tinkering around with Alienator Pro, Hedge Maker or go full @barbult and start hacking json files. 

Things should get even more interesting when Howie's Pacific Northwest sets hit the store.

Cheers,

Alex. 

Ecologies    91
    Water Textures    15

Water Features   39
    Land Only Features   12
    Total Features   51

Water Combinations   53235
    Land Only Combinations    1092
    Total Combinations    54327
    Post edited by alexhcowley on
    edited May 2021

the list is beginning to look like DAZ female to male ratio for new characters. Water is overwhelming land only by far.laugh

The new TangoAlpha sitting in my cart, along with required product. 

Post edited by daveso on

Got them both!  Love it as always!!

OverflowTM052021.jpg
    1884 x 935 - 1M
  • NathNath Posts: 2,785
    edited May 2021

Another wonderful addition to a wonderful product!

Quick one: Harpwood Ford (sky from Skies of Economy)

harpwood ford.jpg
    1000 x 650 - 686K
    Post edited by Nath on
  • butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,221

Looking forward to playing with the country ford. Nice renders so far, everyone.

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 763

Not too impressed with this release at all - kinda looks like the rest only with a little difference.

edited May 2021

AnEye4Art said:

Not too impressed with this release at all - kinda looks like the rest only with a little difference.

its starting to get repetitious for sure. Need some kind of different environments. More rocks, bigger ones. Fallen down trees, stumps, old wood, etc. Also different kinds of trails. Maybe some roads. gravel at least. Also the ability to join terrains together to give a larger area...so the meshes line up from one piece to the next. I think it was Bryce that could do that. Very good feature.  

Post edited by daveso on
    County Ford ecology has trees and grass that may look similar, to things we already have available, but it adds some unique new things, like daffodils, bluebells, fish in the water (also good on the end of a fishing pole), mushroom fairy rings, and props for ford water height, crossing footpath, etc. I think the new flowers alone make it a winner for me. I love the daffodils!

barbult said:

County Ford ecology has trees and grass that may look similar, to things we already have available, but it adds some unique new things, like daffodils, bluebells, fish in the water (also good on the end of a fishing pole), mushroom fairy rings, and props for ford water height, crossing footpath, etc. I think the new flowers alone make it a winner for me. I love the daffodils!

What!  I missed this will have to check that out when this render finishes!  I love the daffodils and bluebells!

BytheWaterTM052021.jpg
    1884 x 935 - 2M
  • alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,378

Daventaki said:

Very impressive!  How about a close up of the young lady?

Cheers,

Alex.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,162
    edited May 2021

First one I've done in awhile...just for fun ;). Haven't used a Nursoda figure for a dog's age. LOL

Lil Gnome Holler.jpg
    1760 x 1073 - 471K
    Post edited by AllenArt on

AllenArt said:

First one I've done in awhile...just for fun ;). Haven't used a Nursoda figure for a dog's age. LOL

very nice.  

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,348
    edited May 2021

My first look at the Country Ford add-on. I fancied some daffodils (and of course my mandatory ducks).

USC-CountryFord2-A.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 654K
    USC-CountryFord2-B.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 749K
    Post edited by MelanieL on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,348

I have a problem with my trout! @TangoAlpha - I think there's a tiny bug in Country Ford Ecologies 3 and 4 where the trout don't know where to swim to (they are assigned a minimum altitude greater than the maximum altitude - I think you have a couple of minus signs missing). Apart from that, I'm loving it.

edited May 2021

MelanieL said:

I have a problem with my trout! @TangoAlpha - I think there's a tiny bug in Country Ford Ecologies 3 and 4 where the trout don't know where to swim to (they are assigned a minimum altitude greater than the maximum altitude - I think you have a couple of minus signs missing). Apart from that, I'm loving it.

I don't get fish on either one except for the one that the instances are generated from.  My Fish Layer shows (0).  I did notice one thing, both fords are showing the same image on the right.

cf.jpg
    819 x 567 - 243K
    Post edited by Daventaki on
This discussion has been closed.