UltraScenery - new territory [Commercial]

Comments

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,404

Why is every time I come here I open my wallet?

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,348

HowieFarkes said:

daveso said:

wow...do the rock outcroppings come with it? 

No, those are from one of Andrey Pestryakov's packs: https://www.daz3d.com/stones-hr-2

In case anyone wants them in preparation, they are in the PC+ for a Day selection today ($2.49 on their own, $1.99 if you are buying a new item) 

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,378

AgitatedRiot said:

Because you know a really, really good thing when you see it?

The term "game changer" has been bandied about quite a bit on these forums over the last year or so.  Never has it been applied more aptly than with UltraScenery. 

Cheers,

Alex.

• alexhcowley said:

The term "game changer" has been bandied about quite a bit on these forums over the last year or so.  Never has it been applied more aptly than with UltraScenery. 

Cheers,

Alex.

Too true. My copy of Flowscape has been unused for nearly a year now. With proper randomised ecologies possible in DS there is no need for Flowscape anymore. Full painting style control over plant positions would be the only real technical advance that would be better. 

Regards,

Richard

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,382

HowieFarkes said:

Submitting to Daz very soon my Pacific Northwest sets. Here's something I put together with it.

OH. EM. GEE!!!! WOOHOO!! Can't wait. That's incredible!
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,838

alexhcowley said:

AgitatedRiot said:

Because you know a really, really good thing when you see it?

Cheers,

Alex.

yes 11 ... I used to use bryce, then Vue. My last Vue product was 6. I like the versatility of it, but its really not needed that much for what most DAZ users are doing. I would only like a bit easier way to expand the territory or another add product that can do background as in Howie's gorgeous render back a few posts. That is really nice, and without doubt that sw product will be in my cart the second it comes out.  

HowieFarkes said:

daveso said:

No, those are from one of Andrey Pestryakov's packs: https://www.daz3d.com/stones-hr-2

Thanks. :) Of course its another product I bought some time ago, lost in the list of so many. I need a way to group or keep track of stuff. I could be so render fruitfull if I had a memory or way to organize stuff laugh

edited April 2021

daveso said:

HowieFarkes said:

daveso said:

Thanks. :) Of course its another product I bought some time ago, lost in the list of so many. I need a way to group or keep track of stuff. I could be so render fruitfull if I had a memory or way to organize stuff laugh

I use ManFriday's Content Bookmarks to GREAT effect! I put most used items at the top level and then category items in folders. Makes my content so much better behaved and easy to keep in mind!  It works well for keeping Ultrascenery just a click away at any time.

mf_content_bookmarks_02_daz3db.jpg
    1297 x 1001 - 188K
    Post edited by Gogger on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 24,042

I can't see your image, @Gogger.

edited April 2021

barbult said:

I can't see your image, @Gogger.

@barbult - Try a Shift [F5] refresh - it downloaded the promo image to my desktop as a webp and I changed it to jpg but it didn't upload properly then re-downloaded and when I tried to edit the post the browser was hanging, so, uh, yeah, I'M A MESS!  <LOL>  But I did finally get a new image placed.  If you can't see it after hard refresh, let me know and I'll sort it out somehow. (FYI: It is just one of the promo images from the link provided).

Post edited by Gogger on

Shift F5 didn't help. I'm using Chrome. I tried Firefox and it doesn't show there either.

edited April 2021

barbult said:

Shift F5 didn't help. I'm using Chrome. I tried Firefox and it doesn't show there either.

How about now? I just now used Windows' Snipping tool to get a 'real' jpg and deleted the image from my post above, replacing it with the Snipping jpg.

P.S. The image shows up in my view on both MS Edge and Firefox..

Post edited by Gogger on

Gogger said:

daveso said:

HowieFarkes said:

daveso said:

I use ManFriday's Content Bookmarks to GREAT effect! I put most used items at the top level and then category items in folders. Makes my content so much better behaved and easy to keep in mind!  It works well for keeping Ultrascenery just a click away at any time.

thanks. bookmarked that product 

I see the image now.

daveso said:

Gogger said:

daveso said:

HowieFarkes said:

daveso said:

thanks. bookmarked that product 

I see what you did there - LOL!

• PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 664

Wanted to look at the UltraScenery - Country Ford but the store page throws up a 404 page not found error 

edited April 2021

Platnumk said:

Wanted to look at the UltraScenery - Country Ford but the store page throws up a 404 page not found error 

RE: UltraScenery - Country Ford
    Hmm... haven't heard of that one - are you SURE it is an UltraScenery item? I just checked -there is a product by TangoAlpha called Country Ford but it is for Carrara and regular DAZ.  He does have some products for UltraScenery so the confusion is understandable.

Edit to add - ah, now I see the confusing item. Looks like there is a link at the bottom of the page I linked to above for UltraScenery - Country Ford that does go to 404, but the icon is in the same fashion as other UltraScenery add ons. Wonder if it was a mistaken link, an accidental link for a new product about to be released, or...?  You may have just outed a soon to be released product - and it looks awesome!

Reckon only @TangoAlpha will be able to sort this one out.

Post edited by Gogger on

Gogger said:

Platnumk said:

RE: UltraScenery - Country Ford
    Hmm... haven't heard of that one - are you SURE it is an UltraScenery item? I just checked -there is a product by TangoAlpha called Country Ford but it is for Carrara and regular DAZ.  He does have some products for UltraScenery so the confusion is understandable.

Edit to add - ah, now I see the confusing item. Looks like there is a link at the bottom of the page I linked to above for UltraScenery - Country Ford that does go to 404, but the icon is in the same fashion as other UltraScenery add ons. Wonder if it was a mistaken link, an accidental link for a new product about to be released, or...?  You may have just outed a soon to be released product - and it looks awesome!

Reckon only @TangoAlpha will be able to sort this one out.

This wouldn't be the 1st time i've come across products listed in the store that haven't yet been released 

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited April 2021

I think "Addons for this product" is a new facility in the store, and a guess when they set it up they didn't check that the products were out yet.

Anyhow, since the cat is out of the bag, so to speak, here's a couple of renders:

11 Popup.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    09 Popup.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    Post edited by TangoAlpha on

TangoAlpha said:

I think "Addons for this product" is a new facility in the store, and a guess when they set it up they didn't check that the products were out yet.

Anyhow, since the cat is out of the bag, so to speak, here's a couple of renders:

And a very nice addition to the family of UltraScenery add-ons it is!

@TangoAlpha Looks awesome,  Can't wait for it to be released.

Daffodils!!!!

• ZippyGuitarZippyGuitar Posts: 836

barbult said:

Daffodils!!!!

I thought the same. They look so beautifully naturalized. 

• I must NOT let my wife see the daffodils. She's already making the garden turn into a sea of daffodils, and I don't want my renders to do the same.
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,348
    edited April 2021

Oh dear, another must-buy ! I cannot resist daffodils.

(Oh, and bluebells too - can't resist them either.)

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • SBibbSBibb Posts: 597

Daffodils! I've been wanting to include daffodils in renders for a long time. :-D

Also, I'm very much looking forward to the Pacific Northwest set. Looks wonderful. :-D

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

Having just returned to Oregon to retire (take two) & being a 6th generation native to boot, I like what I've seen so far, but I just know there's gonna need to be some additions.  I mean, it's not just rivers, trees, grasses, deserts & active volcanoes around here.

As PNW author Tom Robbins pointed out for example, blackberrys, or specifically the vines, are considered an architechural element around here since they're so prevalent, & there's really no way to defeat them anyway. It's sort of the Kudzu of the PNW, but they do make wonderful pies.

Also, the Olympic Peninsula is technically a rain forest and among a myriad of other flora & fauna things, has the highest number of pschoactive fungi on the planet.

In any case, looking forward to all the new sets.

There are blackberries here.

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

barbult said:

There are blackberries here.

...and using UltraScatter or Alienator Pro (which I haven't had a chance to try out yet) among other tools.  Thanks for that link though.

This may have been covered, but is it possible to combine 2 or more ecologies to an environemnt? so ,say grass and oaks, or pine and willow, etc

This discussion has been closed.