UltraScenery - new territory [Commercial]

Comments

• Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562

dawnblade said:

daveso said:

Quack 2

It feels so good to get back into ultrascenery. 

How to make ripples behind and around the ducks, or any object in the water,?

Nice image! For ripples, SickleYield made Ripples and Wakes Iray. In postwork, Ron's Rain and Water Effects.

Oh, I didn't see the question last night...

I use both of the items mentioned by Dawnblade. I've had the most luck with SickleYield's Rigged Waters. I believe there are four packages of those.

It can be really frustrating though because so many things can go wrong. The angle of the splash, the materials, the scale, the seam where the ripple meets the surface,,. One little thing can make it look like puke.

The materials are the most frustrating; you would think that you could just use the same material as the water, but that often doesn't look right either.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,838
    edited March 2021

dawnblade said:

daveso said:

Quack 2

It feels so good to get back into ultrascenery. 

How to make ripples behind and around the ducks, or any object in the water,?

Nice image! For ripples, SickleYield made Ripples and Wakes Iray. In postwork, Ron's Rain and Water Effects.

Thanks ... I'll pop them in my wishlist for future purchase.  The one from Sickleyield even has ducks in the promo :)

Post edited by daveso on

When all else fails..  The "Nudge" function in Photoshop can make decent ripples too.

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Doc Acme said:

Well now. Them buggies come out at night too it seems!

Question?

Why would a seemingly thick wooden dock have a translucency setting of .5?

Thanks for spotting that. An update to fix it has been submitted.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,838

Jason Galterio said:

When all else fails..  The "Nudge" function in Photoshop can make decent ripples too.

awesome. I don't have photoshop, but maybe Paint Shop Pro has it.  

I would be surprised if Paint Shop didn't.

Duplicate the image to a second layer, use the "Nudge" or deformation tool to create the ripple. Then set the transparency on the top level to the desired visibility. It takes a bit of practice, but works like a charm once you get the hang of it.

The last suggestion I can make is to find an image (or make one) that has choppy water in it that's about the same color composition. You can use the Spot Mask tool to air brush the ripples. If you do this on a new layer, then you can control the transparency to create a seamless transition.

As you can see, this is a task I've experimented with a lot.

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

TangoAlpha said:

Doc Acme said:

Question?

Thanks back at ya..  I certainly wouldn't have spotted it in a daytime scene.

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,493

Finally have this script and add-ons firing on all cylingers. So nice. So very nice!

Creech No Swimming

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,046

Ah, @Greybro, is that her boyfriend? Or is her dog going to be munchies?

Great storytelling! 

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,493

memcneil70 said:

Ah, @Greybro, is that her boyfriend? Or is her dog going to be munchies?

Great storytelling! 

Ah, I could see how you took that from it. Actually, that's the female Creech. She's a little more slender than the male.

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948
    edited April 2021

Have an update sitting in DIM.  Curious to know if anyone knows what it updates.  

USupdate.PNG
    324 x 133 - 7K
    Post edited by gitika1 on
  • AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 763

TangoAlpha said:

Doc Acme said:

Question?

It's supposed to fix the translucency issue but the glossy/ reflective boardwalk issue is still there even after the update.

edited April 2021

AnEye4Art said:

TangoAlpha said:

Doc Acme said:

Question?

It's supposed to fix the translucency issue but the glossy/ reflective boardwalk issue is still there even after the update.

The update is for the US base not for Features Volume 3.  Thus the question for Howie.

Post edited by gitika1 on

I thought the update was for Features Volume 3. So sorry about that.

• HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 606

The new update is just some bug fixes and code changes for an upcoming accelerator update that brings the accelerator's output more inline with the script version's - adding some ecology functionality that was inadvertently left out (things like layer masks and vertical offset that aren't actually used in many ecologies yet)

HowieFarkes said:

The new update is just some bug fixes and code changes for an upcoming accelerator update that brings the accelerator's output more inline with the script version's - adding some ecology functionality that was inadvertently left out (things like layer masks and vertical offset that aren't actually used in many ecologies yet)

Thank you for the information. The last update in DIM wasn't an update, but a DS error or something.  I wanted to make sure it was truly from you. 

HowieFarkes said:

So would layer masks enable the ability to place ultrascatter objects more accurately on ultrascenery terrains? What will vertical offset do? 

• HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 606

AnEye4Art said:

HowieFarkes said:

So would layer masks enable the ability to place ultrascatter objects more accurately on ultrascenery terrains? What will vertical offset do? 

It's mainly for masks defined inside the JSON files - nothing to do with the user interface. Same with the vertical offset - allows for objects to be offset up or down from the terrain in the JSON
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

AnEye4Art said:

TangoAlpha said:

Doc Acme said:

Question?

The updates that fix the boardwalk issue are still in QA - they haven't been released yet.

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,382
    edited April 2021

Real Life has been keeping me a little occupied, but I finally found a few minutes to rub together. Must have rubbed those minutes too hard because they started a FIRE!

WIP - The Forest Fire

(Not meant as a scene of horror, but rather a fact of Nature that has beneficial effects to the forest biosphere down the road.)

DS_The_Forest_Fire_3D_Erik_Pedersen.jpg
    3440 x 1440 - 946K
    Post edited by Gogger on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 24,044

Gogger said:

Real Life has been keeping me a little occupied, but I finally found a few minutes to rub together. Must have rubbed those minutes too hard because they started a FIRE!

WIP - The Forest Fire

(Not meant as a scene of horror, but rather a fact of Nature that has beneficial effects to the forest biosphere down the road.)

Wow, that looks real. What did you use for your fire? 

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

Ditto.  That looks awesome Gogger.

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,404

Wow very Nice work Gogger. Put a Dragon breatning fire down on to the forest be a nice Mythical theme

barbult said:

Gogger said:

Thanks everyone. I used KindredArts Iray Fireworx for the flames. Had to scale them up to about 300% and rotate until I got a good angle on the geometry, but was pleased with the results - and the reflections on the water - HOO-YEAH!  I'm a big fan of KindredArts' stuff so this was just another example of why.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,348

Wow, Gogger, that looks really good!

I followed your llink to Iray Fireworx and surprise surprise I already bought it! Yet another thing I've never had out of it's box. Have you got any more of those rubbing-minutes going spare?

• sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992

Has DAZ fixed all the downloads for the US upgrade and Accelerator?  I just downloaded the zip file and most of the folders are dated 3/31/21. But the script files in the main UltraScenery folder are all dated 2/25/2020.

• sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992
    edited April 2021

Gogger said:

barbult said:

Gogger said:

Thanks everyone. I used KindredArts Iray Fireworx for the flames. Had to scale them up to about 300% and rotate until I got a good angle on the geometry, but was pleased with the results - and the reflections on the water - HOO-YEAH!  I'm a big fan of KindredArts' stuff so this was just another example of why.

OMG!! Something else I already own.  Your image is totally awesome, Gogger, and now I can play with fire, too.

Post edited by sandmanmax on

I'm going to do another Forest Fire render, but using Pyromantix - Volumetric Flames by DimensionTheory this time. (I'm currently waiting for a different render set up to play itself out - I usually render anywhere from 5 to 25 variations of a scene before I am satisfied.  Good thing I have so much fun exploring a scene!)

• blosseblosse Posts: 46

After a company goes out of business or moves to another place, "What's Left Behind".

What's Left Behind.jpg
    1686 x 1292 - 538K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 24,044
    blosse said:

After a company goes out of business or moves to another place, "What's Left Behind".

After so many renders in this thread, people still come up with something brand new! This is great. I like the way you used that toxic water. That is very timely here in Florida right now.
This discussion has been closed.