UltraScenery - new territory [Commercial]

Comments

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

barbult said:

Doc Acme said:

I've been meaning to experiment with this for awhile, but the Swamp seemed a good set to test with & see what I could do with a night scene.  Background HDR isn't contributing, just the Lantern and a large out of frame illuminous sphere.

Unfortunately, this is as far as I can go for the moment as the laptop isn't up to handling "just one more wafer" when if comes to rendering. So, "Dinner with Dexter" is going to have to wait a bit until I can invite any honored guests.

That's interesting and more successful than many night scenes, I think. 

Thanks.  A LOT of testing & fiddling with ratios of height, intensity & angle.  Should be a decent starting point for other scenes.

Need to find those moss laden trees now.

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 763

Same issue with different HDRIs and the settings below:

HDRI ground level set to Auto - Yes

HDRI set to infinite sphere? - Yes

features: waterway 09
    ecology: swamp 03
    water: muddy billabong

TEST 1.jpg
    1500 x 1000 - 1M
    TEST 2.jpg
    1500 x 1000 - 1M

Same setup / different camera positions in the scene: I have narrowed down the trouble spot to the circle in the below picture. Why that one boardwalk, though?

TEST 1.jpg
    1500 x 1000 - 1M
    TEST 2.jpg
    1500 x 1000 - 1M
    TEST 3.jpg
    1500 x 1000 - 552K
  • sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992
    edited March 2021

namffuak said:

namffuak said:

namffuak said:

Doc Acme said:

namffuak said:

Just fired up DIM - and once again I have the incorrect package showing as available.

Time to open a ticket.

Actually, that IS the correct, current one.

So it went from 95.1 MB down to  86.8 MB?

Tomorrow I'll have time to pull down the 'new' version and compare it to the one I have that works coorectly  with accelerator.

And now the version in my product library is 93.8 MB (95.1 MB installed) and Package ID 1; looks like we're back where we started. Version 1.3.0, accellerator-friendly.

Wait!  I'm confused... I just loaded US in DS and it says 1.3.0 accelerator friendly.  I have not updated anything recently.  Is there an update or not?  And what needs to be installed?

Post edited by sandmanmax on

See if you've something hidden in your DIM.  This is what I have showing currently:

Currentest USC.jpg
    1002 x 689 - 46K

AnEye4Art said:

Same setup / different camera positions in the scene: I have narrowed down the trouble spot to the circle in the below picture. Why that one boardwalk, though?

Take a look at the surfaces, particularly the Spec Roughness...

GlossyRough-Planks.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 326K
    GlossyRough-Mat1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 313K
  • DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,624

Got to play with the new sets some, plan on expanding on this but liked it as is also.

SwampLandUS032021TM.jpg
    1884 x 935 - 1M
  • GoggerGogger Posts: 2,382
    edited March 2021

memcneil70 said:

I tried exploring the new features and found that something went to a dead stop with Waterways 3 and Willow 9 and Brackish Pond. I ended up killing everything, including DS and closing the computer. Had to run to my neighborhood Target. When I got back, fixed dinner and while it cooked tried again, but with Waterways 8 Pines 3 and Base Water. I trimmed out some stuff within the program's masking and then closing eyes in DS. This is the result. Highly recommend extending the borders in future projects.

Mary

Heya Mary (memcneil70), I like this scene! It reminds me very much of growing up in North Idaho, the Pacific Northwest.

Post edited by Gogger on
    edited March 2021

memcneil70 said:

I tried exploring the new features and found that something went to a dead stop with Waterways 3 and Willow 9 and Brackish Pond. I ended up killing everything, including DS and closing the computer. Had to run to my neighborhood Target. When I got back, fixed dinner and while it cooked tried again, but with Waterways 8 Pines 3 and Base Water. I trimmed out some stuff within the program's masking and then closing eyes in DS. This is the result. Highly recommend extending the borders in future projects.

Mary

Maybe it's just me but I'm seeing the same 'shiny boardwalk' effect at the front tip of the boat and in other areas of the boardwalk too.

Post edited by AnEye4Art on
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,106

Lone Hunter

2021-03-15 21:45:49.381 Total Rendering Time: 1 hours 2 minutes 38.95 seconds

Click on image for full size.

Doc Acme said:

See if you've something hidden in your DIM.  This is what I have showing currently:

Thanks, but I don't use DIM, so I really have no way of knowing when something is updated except the forum or because it breaks.

Doc Acme said:

Old Barn update...

I really like this, Doc.  I keep forgetting that landscape can also be used as a backdrop for a beautiful composition.  Nice work!

sandmanmax said:

Doc Acme said:

Thanks, but I don't use DIM, so I really have no way of knowing when something is updated except the forum or because it breaks.

I was a bit suprised myself as I was sure it had said 1.30 the day before.  So do you manually install?

sandmanmax said:

Doc Acme said:

Old Barn update...

I really like this, Doc.  I keep forgetting that landscape can also be used as a backdrop for a beautiful composition.  Nice work!

Thanks.  Can hardly wait until the PNW set gets released.

I'm trying to figure out a better method for compositing Daz USC scenes with Lightwave via FBX export, not so much for the geometry but the Cameras.  Unfortunately, they're off by a few percent on the focal length.  I can fiddle & get pretty close, but I'd rather have pixel accurate.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,348

Fishtales said:

Lone Hunter

Very nice - seems like a long render time, are you CPU renderer (like me)?

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,348
    edited March 2021

My latest using one of the new features (Waterways 08) and willows.

USC-Waterways8-Willows4.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 840K
    Post edited by MelanieL on
  • alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,378

MelanieL said:

My latest using one of the new features (Waterways 08) and willows.

Very tranquill and peacefull looking. The ducks are a nice touch, too.

Cheers,

Alex. 

barbult said:

Here's photo I took last weekend showing that duckweed can easily cover every nook and cranny, including the alligators. laugh

Barbult, I hope that's not your backyard...

• barbultbarbult Posts: 24,044

sandmanmax said:

barbult said:

Here's photo I took last weekend showing that duckweed can easily cover every nook and cranny, including the alligators. laugh

Barbult, I hope that's not your backyard...

No! Thank goodness it is not. It was taken at a zoo. I was safe behind a fence. 

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,046

Gogger said:

memcneil70 said:

Mary

Heya Mary (memcneil70), I like this scene! It reminds me very much of growing up in North Idaho, the Pacific Northwest.

Thanks @Gogger, that is what is fun with US, the wonderful surprise when it renders! 

@AnEye4Art, I chalk it up to humidity on the wood from the water and reflecting the HDRI. :-)

Mary

memcneil70 said:

Gogger said:

memcneil70 said:

Mary

Thanks @Gogger, that is what is fun with US, the wonderful surprise when it renders! 

@AnEye4Art, I chalk it up to humidity on the wood from the water and reflecting the HDRI. :-)

Mary

So sorry, I did not mean to distract from your beautiful picture, memcneil70. Not only do I have an eye for art, I also have an eye for some of the unintentional flaws in digital renders.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,106

MelanieL said:

Fishtales said:

Lone Hunter

Very nice - seems like a long render time, are you CPU renderer (like me)?

As far as I can remember that was a GPU render. 

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,493
    edited March 2021

Has anyone else had the problem of new addons not showing up in the main script interface? The top one is mine.

problem

Post edited by Greybro on
  • GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,493
    edited March 2021

Seems like the site had a hiccup and double posted that.

Post edited by Greybro on

@Greybro, I'm not sure what you are demonstrating in those screenshots. Can you add some more explanation? You are on the Build tab. New addons, like the Features pack should show up in the Features tab and new addons like the Swamp should show up in the Ecologies tab. The first screenshot also shows that you do not have the Accelerator plugin active. Do you own it and have you installed it?

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,624
    edited March 2021

@Greybro I seen your post in the Tech Help forum and it mentioned something about using Connect?   If so you nee to install with DIM.  Check out this first post for some tips and tricks for US.  Also it looks to me like you have not selected a Feature or Ecology thus the Build tab only shows the basics of the No Feature/Grasslands 1 selection.

Post edited by Daventaki on
  • Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562

Greybro said:

I have intermittently had this problem when installing different add ons using DIM. That answer I found was to uninstall all of the US products and reinstall them all at one time. Also make sure that you are installing to the same product directory for all of the items.

Lastly, make sure that you've installed any of the required non-US products. I try to install those to the same directory as US just to be safe.

Jason Galterio said:

Greybro said:

I have intermittently had this problem when installing different add ons using DIM. That answer I found was to uninstall all of the US products and reinstall them all at one time. Also make sure that you are installing to the same product directory for all of the items.

Lastly, make sure that you've installed any of the required non-US products. I try to install those to the same directory as US just to be safe.

In my experience, UltraScenery will only look for features and ecologies in one place, not in each of your mapped content directories, so this makes some sense. I'm not sure what than one place is. Is it the first mapped content directory, or is it the content directory containing the UltraScenery script?

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948
    edited March 2021

AnEye4Art - I explored the Boardwalks that are part of the  US - Features Volume 3.  I agree the shine/gloss is disappointing and unrealistic.  The wood is weathered and should be rough.  If you change the Glossy Color from white to a brown similar to the boardwalk colors the sheen is toned back.  You can also boost the Glossy Roughness to 1.00.  Unfortunately, the bump map found on some boardwalks cannot be applied to the other boardwalks.  I purchased the add-on for the waterways, with little interest in the boardwalks, so I will be keeping it.

The boardwalk props that are named with USC Boardwalk in their name have a different surface/materials set up than those that have the lower case (usc Boardwalk) naming.  (Maybe HowieFarkes can stop by and explain why they are different.)  

USC_bmp.PNG
    520 x 844 - 50K
    usc_normal.PNG
    527 x 904 - 53K
    Post edited by gitika1 on

Thank you, gitika1.

This discussion has been closed.