UltraScenery - new territory [Commercial]

Comments

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,624
    edited May 2021

alexhcowley said:

Very impressive!  How about a close up of the young lady?

Cheers,

Alex.

Busted!  I had to put material on her lol.  Now if I just knew an easy way to get the foliage to respond to wind I would be all set. And I just realized I didn't turn the clouds back on, I knew something was off.........

BytheWater052021TM.jpg
    1527 x 935 - 2M
    Post edited by Daventaki on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 24,042
    If the water is too shallow, you won't get fish instances, I believe.
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,348

barbult said:

In my case it's definitely the missing minus signs - I hacked the .json's and the fish are back. 

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,348

Just a couple more today.

USC-CountryFord1-A.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 588K
    USC-CountryFord1-B.jpg
    1024 x 576 - 748K
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,838

messing with the daffodils and DS camera. Depth of field, focal length, etc.

daffodils close1.png
    1800 x 1440 - 4M
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,838

messing with the daffodils and DS camera. Depth of field, focal length, etc.

daffodilsclose4.png
    1800 x 1440 - 2M
  • sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992

Very nice, daveso.  Simple but elegant.

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,702

How long does it usually take for a render to start rendering?  I just picked this up.  I've got 16 cores, 64 gigs of ram and one GTX 1080ti.

My experience so far is of my elapsed timer hanging and then studio crashing.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,378

JoeQuick said:

How long does it usually take for a render to start rendering?  I just picked this up.  I've got 16 cores, 64 gigs of ram and one GTX 1080ti.

My experience so far is of my elapsed timer hanging and then studio crashing.

Do you have instancing optimisation (on the render settings tab) set to speed?  it should be set to memory. I suspect that even a 1080ti will struggle with an Ultrascene otherwise.

Cheers,

Alex. 

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

It depends: On my Mac (CPU rendering) it starts resolvimg in 30-40 seconds. On my PC (1080ti) it takes 2 or 3 minutes.

But make sure Instances Optimisation in Render settings is set to Memory or Auto, otherwise it'll just sit there eating your ram until it falls over.

edited May 2021

TangoAlpha said:

It depends: On my Mac (CPU rendering) it starts resolvimg in 30-40 seconds. On my PC (1080ti) it takes 2 or 3 minutes.

But make sure Instances Optimisation in Render settings is set to Memory or Auto, otherwise it'll just sit there eating your ram until it falls over.

Thanks, I'll give this a try.  It had been set to auto.  I will try memory.

Post edited by JoeQuick on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,972

That's aaaabsolutely why, JoeQuick. ;)

I'm up and running

blurrypath.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 644K
    thickforest.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M

JoeQuick said:

I'm up and running

There are some helpful tips (including the memory optimization tip) in the first post of the thread.

How do you get around the issue of things obstructing your scene in the render that are not visible in the preview?

edited May 2021

JoeQuick said:

How do you get around the issue of things obstructing your scene in the render that are not visible in the preview?

One way is to construct a layer mask in a photo editor and apply that in the build tab to whatever layers (trees usually) are blocking your camera. Link

mCasual also has a free script mcjSceneClearing to hide/delete things around the camera location. 

Post edited by barbult on
  • Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

barbult said:

JoeQuick said:

One way is to construct a layer mask in a photo editor and apply that in the build tab to whatever layers (trees usually) are blocking your camera. mCasual also has a free script mcjSceneClearing to hide/delete things around the camera location. 

Might you have a link to that script?

Doc Acme said:

barbult said:

JoeQuick said:

One way is to construct a layer mask in a photo editor and apply that in the build tab to whatever layers (trees usually) are blocking your camera. mCasual also has a free script mcjSceneClearing to hide/delete things around the camera location. 

Might you have a link to that script?

Not from my phone, but a quick Google search should find it for you. 

Another way to make a layer mask is with HedgeMaker.

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,624

Here is the link to the script in freebies.

Daventaki said:

Here is the link to the script in freebies.

Gratzi!

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305
    edited May 2021

So I've not used USC in a bit, but I'm not missing any updates AFAIK.  Installed with DIM.  Trying to use it now, and get this.

I don't use Daz Connect, and don't want to.  Any ideas?

Post edited by Sevrin on

Sevrin said:

So I've not used USC in a bit, but I'm not missing any updates AFAIK.  Installed with DIM.  Trying to use it now, and get this.

I don't use Daz Connect, and don't want to.  Any ideas?

DO NOT INSTALL WITH DAZ CONNECT. 

There isn't enough information here.

1. What version of UltraScenery and Accelerator are you running (version details are shown on the Build tab)? 
    2. What file was it trying to load when the error occurred? That info is hidden behind your error message window in the posted image.
    3. What ecology and what feature were you using?

I've been going thru my Content library looking for plants that I can plug into Alienator Pro to use in new scenery in US.  I've noticed I have lots of clumps of plants.Some are groups of individual plants - those I think are NOT usable in US, right?  But there are others that are actual objects.  Just clumps of 5-10 plants, like reeds or something.  Are those useful in US or does it handle individual plants better (growing one at time, if you will, rather than 10 at time)?  I have a vision of Barbult's tree root problem from the UltraScenery Experiment thread, where the large groupings end up sticking out from the side of a hill.

sandmanmax said:

I've been going thru my Content library looking for plants that I can plug into Alienator Pro to use in new scenery in US.  I've noticed I have lots of clumps of plants.Some are groups of individual plants - those I think are NOT usable in US, right?  But there are others that are actual objects.  Just clumps of 5-10 plants, like reeds or something.  Are those useful in US or does it handle individual plants better (growing one at time, if you will, rather than 10 at time)?  I have a vision of Barbult's tree root problem from the UltraScenery Experiment thread, where the large groupings end up sticking out from the side of a hill.

Large spread out groups are problematic. They will overlap other things and not conform to the ground shape. Small compact groups are OK. The base grass in USC is a small compact group. I try to substitute things that cover appoximately the same area of ground as the original.  Alienator Pro helps you evaluate the size of the original object and the substitute object.

Ah!  I didn't think about needing to conform to ground shape.  That's a good way to think of it.  Another quick question - does the hedgerow feature only work with the Tangy Apple Orchard ecologies? I tried it with Oaks 6 and got nothing along the dirt road.

On a different note, I was checking out the list of requirements over on page 1 and noticed that Howie has the current version numbers listed.  My accelerator is an older version, so I downloaded it again (using DIM) and installed it from the zip file.  It's the exact same version as I had before (1.0.1.2 dated 12/30/2020).  It's the one in the 64bit zip file.  Everything seems to work but I was curious about the versioning.

sandmanmax said:

Ah!  I didn't think about needing to conform to ground shape.  That's a good way to think of it.  Another quick question - does the hedgerow feature only work with the Tangy Apple Orchard ecologies? I tried it with Oaks 6 and got nothing along the dirt road.

On a different note, I was checking out the list of requirements over on page 1 and noticed that Howie has the current version numbers listed.  My accelerator is an older version, so I downloaded it again (using DIM) and installed it from the zip file.  It's the exact same version as I had before (1.0.1.2 dated 12/30/2020).  It's the one in the 64bit zip file.  Everything seems to work but I was curious about the versioning.

HedgeRow feature works with any ecology, but if the trees in the ecology are sparsely located, there may not be any that fall into the narrow strip along the road that HedgeRow restricts trees to. Try an ecology with densely uniformly populated trees. Or, if your heart is set on oaks, build with one of the dense TAO ecologies and substitute oaks with Alienator Pro.

Accelerator 1.0.1.2 is old. I'm not sure what is wrong there. Was Daz Studio shut down when you installed the newly downloaded version?

sandmanmax said:

After you did the Uninstall in DIM, did you then delete the file from the Ready to Install Tab? 

If not, you just reinstalled the same zip.  Delete that Ready one & that will force a new download.

• hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,025

can you enlighten me as to the changes? I'm not much understanding jsons..

MelanieL said:

barbult said:

In my case it's definitely the missing minus signs - I hacked the .json's and the fish are back. 

Doc Acme said:

sandmanmax said:

After you did the Uninstall in DIM, did you then delete the file from the Ready to Install Tab? 

If not, you just reinstalled the same zip.  Delete that Ready one & that will force a new download.

Thanks everybody.  I've got it installed now.

This discussion has been closed.