UltraScenery - new territory [Commercial]

Comments

• HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 606

Gogger said:

HowieFarkes said:

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

@HowieFarkes, can we have an US Ecologies Designer, PLEASE? 

I'm beginning the process of defining what UltraScenery2 will look like and this is certainly one of the high priority features to be added.

WOOHOO!!
    Is it too early to ask for a rough time frame - even if something like "Next year, or the year after"?

There's a long way to go between here and there... so maybe next year? Going to be complicated by DS 5 getting released too, no doubt.
  • GoggerGogger Posts: 2,382

HowieFarkes said:

Gogger said:

HowieFarkes said:

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

I'm beginning the process of defining what UltraScenery2 will look like and this is certainly one of the high priority features to be added.

WOOHOO!!
    Is it too early to ask for a rough time frame - even if something like "Next year, or the year after"?

There's a long way to go between here and there... so maybe next year? Going to be complicated by DS 5 getting released too, no doubt.

Fair enough. Thanks for a real answer. It is definitely something for us all to be super excited about and we will be eagerly anticipating it!

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

Do you think Stones and Structures and Blocks and Structures might be considered for future add-ons? Asking for a friend. smiley 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 24,042
    edited July 2021

davesoX@10 said:

are the stones only in the landscapes? no random or anything, just as they are all the time? 

The stones in the Stones Features are props and are in a fixed location. Features don't have randomization. Only ecologies have randomization. You can move them (the stones) after you generate the scene, but you may leave a bare spot in the vegetation.

Post edited by barbult on
  • ecks201ecks201 Posts: 443

A little test render using the new Stones pack

Stones Test_01.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 24,042

markusmatern said:

Some more experiments to create custom features. In this case for the The Old Barn

Click the titles to view the gallery page with all used assets!

VW Beetle 1970:

VW Beetle 1970

VW Beetle 1970 - 50 years later:

VW Beetle 1970 - 50 years later

Those are excellent! I love the old vs. new.

I've been playing with creating features, too. I started playing with the Modular Railway Track Set and just using terrain height maps and layer masks. Then I decided it would be a lot easier to have a feature that controlled the land shape and added the track props. Here are some examples with different ecologies and different trains that I have in my library.

USC Harpwood 1 BV RR 2 with train_BCam River 2 S.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 3M
    USC PNW 5 BV RR 2 Toy Train_Camera.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 3M
    USC PNW 2 BV RR 2 Toy Train_Camera 2.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
  • HavosHavos Posts: 5,352

The required product for the latest Ultra Scenery product: https://www.daz3d.com/ultrascenery--stone-features is just 1.99 for PC+ members right now, so worth picking up for anyone that does not have this.

• NathNath Posts: 2,785

Havos said:

The required product for the latest Ultra Scenery product: https://www.daz3d.com/ultrascenery--stone-features is just 1.99 for PC+ members right now, so worth picking up for anyone that does not have this.

And since the sale is marked as 'clearance' that probably means the product is going to disappear afterwards. So better get it now, if you like the stone features in US....

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,456

Nath said:

Havos said:

And since the sale is marked as 'clearance' that probably means the product is going to disappear afterwards. So better get it now, if you like the stone features in US....

IIRC there were previous "clearance" sales which were simply huge discount sales where no product was removed afterwards.

• NathNath Posts: 2,785

Leana said:

Nath said:

Havos said:

IIRC there were previous "clearance" sales which were simply huge discount sales where no product was removed afterwards.

Hope so, would be a bummer to people who don't have it otherwise.

• ecks201ecks201 Posts: 443

The last load of stuff they permanently removed was called  a Vault Sale

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,352

A number of the products in the clearance sale are really old, and thus could be vaulted, but there is a few Genesis 8 items in there that I doubt will be dropped, but as always we can only guess.

• sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992

Gogger said:

HowieFarkes said:

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

WOOHOO!!

DAZ Soon!  It's a thing... really...

edited July 2021

Nath said:

Havos said:

And this is what I get for trying to be financially responsible and ignoring the sales....  crying  I just paid $7 for it...  oh well...  I HAD to have the new features.... laugh  But at least I got Stone HR (1?) for $1.99 so I can use those too.

Post edited by sandmanmax on
    edited July 2021

I've been playing around with the different settings on the Noise panel and discovered the X-Scale, which seems to add ripples to the terrain,which reminded me of sand.  So I decided to test the desert Ecology, since I hadn't used it before.  It's one UltraScenery, two Terradome 3 Zone B's.  The lighting and sky is one of Dimension Theory's Skies of Economy.

Desert Vista.png
    750 x 1000 - 823K
    Post edited by sandmanmax on
  • AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,404

Must put wallet away must wallet away must put wallet away.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,378

AgitatedRiot said:

Must put wallet away must wallet away must put wallet away.

Every so often, I manage to control my DAZ addiction a little. I can go for over a week without buying anything.

Then someone brings out a new Ultrascenery extension and I fall off the wagon. 

Cheers,

Alex. 

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,544
    I find UltraScenery to be the greatest danger to my wallet of everything here. Due to grim determination, I have somewhat under half the modules, but it would be so easy to break down and get them all, despite not being able to afford both them and food at the same time. Come to think of it, my waistline needs reducing, so I may have an opportunity here...
  • algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,595

richardandtracy said:

I find UltraScenery to be the greatest danger to my wallet of everything here. Due to grim determination, I have somewhat under half the modules, but it would be so easy to break down and get them all, despite not being able to afford both them and food at the same time. Come to think of it, my waistline needs reducing, so I may have an opportunity here...

I've spent a ton on US assets, too. Today I started to come up with a list of all plugins/scripts that I've purchased and may be in danger of not working in DS5. Off the top of my head and only taking a few minutes, the list got long (and expensive) quick.

Couple of questions:

1. I assume that purchasing a new version of US will be required, but what about assets that have already been purchased?

2. Will new US assets going forward only work in the new version of US in DS5, or will they still work in the current version of US in DS 4.15 as well?

Thanks in advance for any information!

- Greg

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,544
    I suspect Howie is in the same situation as us - simply can't know with the amount of information available.
  • alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,378

richardandtracy said:

I suspect Howie is in the same situation as us - simply can't know with the amount of information available.

Based on what I've gleaned from the official DS5 thread, all the add-ons will work but the UltraScenery plug-in itself will need changes and I would also expect the accellerator will have to be recompiled at the very least. 

Given the huge success of US, I would be very surprised if the upgrade is costly to users. 

Cheers,

Alex. 

algovincian said:

richardandtracy said:

I've spent a ton on US assets, too. Today I started to come up with a list of all plugins/scripts that I've purchased and may be in danger of not working in DS5. Off the top of my head and only taking a few minutes, the list got long (and expensive) quick.

Couple of questions:

1. I assume that purchasing a new version of US will be required, but what about assets that have already been purchased?

2. Will new US assets going forward only work in the new version of US in DS5, or will they still work in the current version of US in DS 4.15 as well?

- Greg

My plan is to update all my scripts (UltraScatter, UltraScatterPro, UltraTrees, UltraScenery(and Accelerator) to DS5 as quickly as I can (but I as yet have no idea what that will involve to that’s the best I can say). All will be “updates” though, so no further purchases required and all existing add-on content should be unaffected.
  • AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,404

I spent my Daz money on a silly RTX 3060. So I must put wallet away.

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,595

HowieFarkes said:

algovincian said:

richardandtracy said:

Couple of questions:

- Greg

My plan is to update all my scripts (UltraScatter, UltraScatterPro, UltraTrees, UltraScenery(and Accelerator) to DS5 as quickly as I can (but I as yet have no idea what that will involve to that’s the best I can say). All will be “updates” though, so no further purchases required and all existing add-on content should be unaffected.

Thanks for the quick response - it's much appreciated. Back to the regularly scheduled program and continue purchasing US assets ;)

- Greg 

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,045

As I have backed away from buying characters and morph packs which slowed my load times, I have found myself buying products I think I might be able to use in US. Today's shaders for rocks and moss is one. US is the best product in the Daz Universe, and that is from someone who lives in an asphault jungle.

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,831

barbult said:

I've been playing with creating features, too. I started playing with the Modular Railway Track Set and just using terrain height maps and layer masks. Then I decided it would be a lot easier to have a feature that controlled the land shape and added the track props. Here are some examples with different ecologies and different trains that I have in my library.

Those all look very good barbult.  Is controlling the land shape for his any different from what you have in your experimental thread?

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,831

sandmanmax said:

I've been playing around with the different settings on the Noise panel and discovered the X-Scale, which seems to add ripples to the terrain,which reminded me of sand.  So I decided to test the desert Ecology, since I hadn't used it before.  It's one UltraScenery, two Terradome 3 Zone B's.  The lighting and sky is one of Dimension Theory's Skies of Economy.

Very good, that x-scale was a good find. 

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

sandmanmax said:

Great work experimenting with the X-scale!

edited July 2021

A little sneak peek at what I'm currently working on. A plugin for Daz Studio designed to create terrains suitable for large scenes or as backdrops for UltraScenery scenes. Still quite early in the development process (so don't expect it soon) but I'm happy with how it's going.

Highres mountains 2.png
    1163 x 1161 - 2M
    full scene.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    Post edited by HowieFarkes on
  • GoggerGogger Posts: 2,382

HowieFarkes said:

A little sneak peek at what I'm currently working on. A plugin for Daz Studio designed to create terrains suitable for large scenes or as backdrops for UltraScenery scenes. Still quite early in the development process (so don't expect it soon) but I'm happy with how it's going.

ALRIGHT!!! WOOT WOOT!
This discussion has been closed.