UltraScenery - new territory [Commercial]

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 24,017

Llola Lane said:

barbult said:

Maybe Fisio will be useful.

interesting... never heard of it... you are a wealth of information Barb :)  

I just stumbled over the new forum thread about it.

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,332
    edited November 2022

OK, everybody! I don't know if I can go from proof-of-concept to reliable production, but here is a pile of things, created with a single apple, UltrascatterPro, Instances to Objects and ... (because it's me) ... a bunch of planes.

I'm pretty sure benches won't work with this technique, though.

Edited to Add: And dForce. Dforce was involved.

pileoapples.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 336K
    Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,344
    edited November 2022

Thanks for all of the comments and tips.

Fisio looks interesting.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/603986/soon-fisio-physics-simulator#latest

Post edited by Artini on
  • Having a final play with my desert stuff pre sending it off to Howie, So look on  this as a very early teaser.

Then I though, what if, i swapped out some of the grass clumps for rocks, deleted the water and re textured the river bed stones to be dry. 

And this was the outcome, so thats something for me to ponder. 

• Martinjfrost said:

Having a final play with my desert stuff pre sending it off to Howie, So look on  this as a very early teaser.

Then I though, what if, i swapped out some of the grass clumps for rocks, deleted the water and re textured the river bed stones to be dry. 

That is so cool! And definitely, rocky, dry riverbeds are a thing out here in saguaro territory. 

• My wife & I went on Honeymoon to SW USA and drove through the Mohave desert. That looks so much like I remember it. We were lucky enough to see Joshua Trees as we drove through there too.

Oh, and snow. It was late March & we came across snow in a desert. That was not as bad as the shock of going from Death Valley to a blizzard near Mammoth Lakes in one afternoon, though.

Regards,

Richard

Martinjfrost said:

Having a final play with my desert stuff pre sending it off to Howie, So look on  this as a very early teaser.

That looks very realistic, I think. Would the dry river bed be handled as a feature add on, like a new type of path with lots of road pebbles and rocks?

• barbult said:

Martinjfrost said:

That looks very realistic, I think. Would the dry river bed be handled as a feature add on, like a new type of path with lots of road pebbles and rocks?

I dont know, I was literally just doing a what if in my head and wanted to see if i could make it happen in reality.  So loaded one of the terrain options with a river/stream, and re texutred the stones in the river bed so that the wet look was gone ( used and adapted version of one of my mossy rock textures without the moss) and then did the rest in alienator as the bioms wont be ready for a while as Howie has a few other projects to get too first.  So this was just a test for my benifti for the plants and to see if there was a method of doing this. However i do think that it would be easy enough to put togethro a product that did the retextureing of the river stones and pebbles etc. so ill look in to that too. Again not in the next month or so as i have to go off and do the 'other job' over christmas managing wardrobe for a pantomime, but will be on it in january when im done with 2 shows six days a week!   It is amazing what you can do on a what if i did this thought in the dark hours tho isnt it?  

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,227

Martinjfrost said:

barbult said:

Martinjfrost said:

I dont know, I was literally just doing a what if in my head and wanted to see if i could make it happen in reality.  So loaded one of the terrain options with a river/stream, and re texutred the stones in the river bed so that the wet look was gone ( used and adapted version of one of my mossy rock textures without the moss) and then did the rest in alienator as the bioms wont be ready for a while as Howie has a few other projects to get too first.  So this was just a test for my benifti for the plants and to see if there was a method of doing this. However i do think that it would be easy enough to put togethro a product that did the retextureing of the river stones and pebbles etc. so ill look in to that too. Again not in the next month or so as i have to go off and do the 'other job' over christmas managing wardrobe for a pantomime, but will be on it in january when im done with 2 shows six days a week!   It is amazing what you can do on a what if i did this thought in the dark hours tho isnt it?  

I do my best thinking at 3am in the morning... so much so that I can't sleep and often find myself still awake at 4am practicing my WHAT IF!  lol  

Well done on the river rocks... I too like this look.  You are killing me though... chaa chiiiiiiiing!  I want EVERYTHING you two create ;)

Llola Lane said:

I do my best thinking at 3am in the morning... so much so that I can't sleep and often find myself still awake at 4am practicing my WHAT IF!  lol  

Well done on the river rocks... I too like this look.  You are killing me though... chaa chiiiiiiiing!  I want EVERYTHING you two create ;)

If only we had the scene creation and rendering/composition skill they demonstrate!

barbult said:

Llola Lane said:

If only we had the scene creation and rendering/composition skill they demonstrate!

agreed... I'd settle for just an inch of their brains!!!   lol

edited November 2022

Quick kitbash render with Britain 7 preset and some veggies pilefied in Unity and exported back to Daz Studio.

vege01pic02.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 983K
    Post edited by Artini on

"pilefied" - there's an interesting new word! yes

Here's a Britain autumn landscape with one UltraTree birch and the new hatchback from gcjellyfish. Even though I used USC Britain, I used the hatchback's US options for left hand drive and license plate. It also has right hand drive and non-US license options.

Artini said:

Quick kitbash render with Britain 7 preset and some veggies pilefied in Unity and exported back to Daz Studio.

I am not familiar with Unity... but that looks pretty darn good ;)

barbult said:

Here's a Britain autumn landscape with one UltraTree birch and the new hatchback from gcjellyfish. Even though I used USC Britain, I used the hatchback's US options for left hand drive and license plate. It also has right hand drive and non-US license options.

Well done Barb... Those are some mighty large bucks in the background... Best keep on drivin'  ;)  Looks like a photograph... I'd take a drive down that road!

Thanks for the comments, @Llola Lane and @barbult.

Great image, @barbult

edited November 2022

It looks like Britain preset 7 has becoming my favorite.

Below is another render with the pile of potatoes created in Unity and imported back to Daz Studio.

I really like, how easy is to make such piles in Unity.

Potatoes01pic07.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Artini on
  • AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 761
    edited November 2022

barbult said:

Is the UltraTree birch a seperate pack or does it load under ultra trees? Did you use ultra scatter? Basically, how did you load and place the UltraTree birch trees?  

Post edited by AnEye4Art on
    AnEye4Art said:

barbult said:

Is the UltraTree birch a seperate pack or does it load under ultra trees? Did you use ultra scatter? Basically, how did you load and place the UltraTree birch trees?  

I ran the UltraTree script to generate the single foreground birch tree.

barbult said:

AnEye4Art said:

barbult said:

Turns out... I... have UltraTree also... Not used it yet.  Just have the basic tree pack.  Gonna have to give it a try :)  Thanks for the inspiration Barb!

edited November 2022

The Tangy Apple Orchard USC - which I've hardly ever used, actually - gives a nice setting for this practical application of stacking, entirely in Daz with dForce ... 175 apples stacked, well, a lot faster than poor negative Nelda could have picked by hand. This technique is reasonably effective and easy with round things, like these apples. 

Not so much with chickens. "Yes," and "Don't ask" about the chickens.

AppleOrchard2.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 921K

paulawp (marahzen) said:

The Tangy Apple Orchard USC - which I've hardly ever used, actually - gives a nice setting for this practical application of stacking, entirely in Daz with dForce ... 175 apples stacked, well, a lot faster than poor negative Nelda could have picked by hand. This technique is reasonably effective and easy with round things, like these apples. 

You dForced the 175 apples?   I guess I don't get it :(   Dummy me!

• UthgardUthgard Posts: 853

Llola Lane said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

If I had to guess, I think the process is to get a plane, dforce it over the ground, scatter a group of apples over it until you get a good coverage, then run the instance to objects script, drape a plane on top of the resulting apples, scatter more apples on the second plane, then repeat until you have a pile big enough for your purposes (and maybe run the objects to instances script after that). It's not perfectly physically accurate, but a really good workaround for Studio not having a built-in function for this sort of thing. Smart and ingenious, and I definitely didn't come up with anything remotely as good the one time I wanted to get a pile of rats in a scene.

• barbult said:

AnEye4Art said:

barbult said:

So I go to--->Utilities---->Ultratrees - realistic tree system--->utilities--->ultra tree creator. I run the script but all I have shown is oak but no ultra tree birch.

1.PNG
    246 x 185 - 27K
    2.PNG
    244 x 274 - 43K
    3.PNG
    388 x 472 - 68K
    4.PNG
    379 x 472 - 93K

You need to have add-on for UltraTree:

https://www.daz3d.com/ultratrees--arboretum-volume-2

to get birch trees.

I have also missed it.

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 761
    edited November 2022
    I installed https://www.daz3d.com/ultratrees--arboretum-volume-2 via DIM and it shows up seperate but not under ultratree as an option.
    Post edited by AnEye4Art on
    edited November 2022

Uthgard said:

Llola Lane said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

If I had to guess, I think the process is to get a plane, dforce it over the ground, scatter a group of apples over it until you get a good coverage, then run the instance to objects script, drape a plane on top of the resulting apples, scatter more apples on the second plane, then repeat until you have a pile big enough for your purposes (and maybe run the objects to instances script after that). It's not perfectly physically accurate, but a really good workaround for Studio not having a built-in function for this sort of thing. Smart and ingenious, and I definitely didn't come up with anything remotely as good the one time I wanted to get a pile of rats in a scene.

This is how this was made: Four planes,shaped in a four-sided funnel, leading in this original screen shot to a crate (I was piling apples in a crate from the Medieval Merchant set in my first try, inspired by pondering how one could create a partly filled crate). This pile of apples was made with this, minus the crate, just letting the apples bounce onto a fifth plane below the opening. It requires twiddling with dForce settings on the planes, the original apple and the general simulation settings themselves. Once I had it set up, I used UltrascatterPro to make 20-30 apples at a time from my original apple, used Instances to Objects to convert those to real apples with geometry, dropped them above my funnel and let them make their way down the funnel to the plane below, where they piled up. Then, after setting the last batch of apples from dForce Dynamic to Static objects (so they stay in a pile and don't keep re-simulating), I repeated the process until I had a stack of the size I wanted. This stack of apples only took a few minutes to make once the apparatus was set up and working initially.

Here, I just created a pile on a flat plane and added the USC orchard, but I could've merged this pile-maker onto a USC scene and rolled apples onto a draped plane if I wanted a stack on an irregular USC surface.

This works well with apples. I'm not sure what additional settings need to be tweaked to accommodate more complex objects - like rats. In my experiment with Lorez chickens, the chickens came apart - not dForce explosions, but some pieces of the chicken prop broke off.

Capture.JPG
    963 x 845 - 51K
  • UthgardUthgard Posts: 853

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Uthgard said:

Llola Lane said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

This is how this was made: Four planes,shaped in a four-sided funnel, leading in this original screen shot to a crate (I was piling apples in a crate from the Medieval Merchant set in my first try, inspired by pondering how one could create a partly filled crate). This pile of apples was made with this, minus the crate, just letting the apples bounce onto a fifth plane below the opening. It requires twiddling with dForce settings on the planes, the original apple and the general simulation settings themselves. Once I had it set up, I used UltrascatterPro to make 20-30 apples at a time from my original apple, used Instances to Objects to convert those to real apples with geometry, dropped them above my funnel and let them make their way down the funnel to the plane below, where they piled up. Then, after setting the last batch of apples from dForce Dynamic to Static objects (so they stay in a pile and don't keep re-simulating), I repeated the process until I had a stack of the size I wanted. This stack of apples only took a few minutes to make once the apparatus was set up and working initially.

Here, I just created a pile on a flat plane and added the USC orchard, but I could've merged this pile-maker onto a USC scene and rolled apples onto a draped plane if I wanted a stack on an irregular USC surface.

This works well with apples. I'm not sure what additional settings need to be tweaked to accommodate more complex objects - like rats. In my experiment with Lorez chickens, the chickens came apart - not dForce explosions, but some pieces of the chicken prop broke off.

Oh, wow, it's great that you managed to get the settings right for the apples to still look like, well, apples, given what dForce tends to do to volumes. Congrats!

edited November 2022

AnEye4Art said:

I installed https://www.daz3d.com/ultratrees--arboretum-volume-2 via DIM and it shows up seperate but not under ultratree as an option.

I have installed also via DIM and birch trees have appeared under ultratree options.

Below is a quick render with the birch tree and Britain 1 preset.

I have created only one birch tree, but on the render there are more of them - nice.

BirchTree01pic02.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Artini on
This discussion has been closed.