UltraScenery - new territory [Commercial]

Comments

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,106

tsroemi said:

There's a different variety of foxgloves in this set https://www.daz3d.com/wild-borders , and maybe also in others, I'll have to check.

Those look closer to the plant I see. Here is a site with pictures of wild Foxglove in a woodland setting.

https://wildabouthere.com/wild-foxgloves-in-the-woods/ ;

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,710

Fishtales said:

tsroemi said:

There's a different variety of foxgloves in this set https://www.daz3d.com/wild-borders , and maybe also in others, I'll have to check.

Those look closer to the plant I see. Here is a site with pictures of wild Foxglove in a woodland setting.

https://wildabouthere.com/wild-foxgloves-in-the-woods/ ;

I seem to remember there's also foxglove in one of the bigger nature sets, but I haven't found it yet. The one in the Lilac Chill Out set is actually speedwell. I'll do another sift through my collection when I get home today. 

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,344
    edited November 2022

richardandtracy said:

Yep. And the Sgt Pepper album was more than a little off-the-wall. Regards, Richard.

At least, I got some attention...

I do not know, what was wrong with that Beatles record and I have listened to it, when I were young...

Point taken...

Post edited by Artini on
  • I think I was 5 when it came out. I can remember skipping down the road while singing 'We all live.. [etc]' at the top of my voice having not the faintest idea what much of the album was about. Not convinced I do even now, but that's by-the-by.

Regards,

Richard

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,042

richardandtracy said:

I think I was 5 when it came out. I can remember skipping down the road while singing 'We all live.. [etc]' at the top of my voice having not the faintest idea what much of the album was about. Not convinced I do even now, but that's by-the-by.

Regards,

Richard

I was stationed in D.C. and 19. Returning from Newport R.I. with my dorm roommate and we were stuck on the New Jersey Turnpike for hours when that was in heavy rotation. Let me just say, my brother-in-law doesn't appreciate that I run screaming when he brings out his Beatles collection.

What I would have given for cassette tapes or CD tech then.

• The DIM files have been fixed and updated so the proxies should load into the correct location and the ecologies should work properly now.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 24,017
    edited November 2022

It looks to me like the terrain textures for Britain 3 and 6 are swapped. 3 has orange tree leaves and green terrain. 6 has green tree leaves and orange terrain.
    I rendered feature Stones 1 with Britain 6 and the orange ground cover around the stones looked strange with the overall green vegetation. I applied the Britain 3 green terrain texture and rerendered. It looked much better to me that way.

Original Stones 1 Britain 6

Modified to use Britain 3 terrain texture

Or with the green grass in Britain 3, maybe its green terrain is correct, even though the trees are orange. I don't know. But the orange terrain on Britain 6 doesn't look right to me.

USC Stones 1 Britain 6.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 3M
    USC Stones 1 Britain 6_002 Britain 3 terrain texture.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 3M
    Post edited by barbult on
    edited November 2022

Interesting find, @barbult

I have to look, if it is not the similar case with the pebbles in the water

with Britain 4 preset, which got strange looking greenish border around some of them.

Britain4blue.jpg
    812 x 316 - 178K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,106
    edited November 2022

I didn't get Britain but the discussion started me experimenting with Alienator. I used the Oaks and Stones with plants from my library.

2022-11-08 08:22:18.593 Total Rendering Time: 18 minutes 44.53 seconds

2022-11-08 08:52:15.187 Total Rendering Time: 20 minutes 18.25 seconds

2022-11-08 09:23:50.457 Total Rendering Time: 18 minutes 54.9 seconds

2022-11-08 12:51:22.324 Total Rendering Time: 39 minutes 1.13 seconds

Click on images for full size

forrest-flowers-copyright-001.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    forrest-flowers-copyright-002.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    forrest-flowers-copyright-003.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    forrest-flowers-copyright-004.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by Fishtales on
  • It looks like the update for Britain with the correct install paths is now avaibe on DIM - at least it was for me.

Fishtales said:

I didn't get Britain but the discussion started me experimenting with Alienator. I used the Oaks and Stones with plants from my library.

The images are very dark. It is difficult to see all the detail you added with the Alienator flowers. What lighting are you using? Try the sun-sky render setting that comes with UltraScenery (USC Late Morning), and see how that works.

Artini said:

with Britain 4 preset, which got strange looking greenish border around some of them.

I can't reproduce those green borders. Are they reflections on the water? What lighting and water settings are you using? This is what I see with the Sunflowers HDRI and Clear Stream water. I rendered with and without the water object visible, but got no green borders.

I did notice a strange (to me) thing in the Britain 4 ecology, but it is not related to river pebbles. The Ransoms (field) and Ransoms Verge layers each appear twice in the ecology.

Britain 4 River Pebbles close water visibility on.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
    Britain 4 River Pebbles close water visibility off.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 3M
    Screenshot 2022-11-09 140141.jpg
    810 x 617 - 70K
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,710

Martinjfrost said:

It looks like the update for Britain with the correct install paths is now avaibe on DIM - at least it was for me.

Thanks for letting us know! 

edited November 2022

This was a mistake render, but I was really impressed with how great those bracken look, even this close up. And I love the new trees in the Britain bundle.

Britain 4 close up mistake.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 3M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited November 2022

Loving the Britain set... Haven't even scratched the surface yet really because I got transfixed with doing a 4 Seasons montage with the first one I tried...

Seasons.jpg
    3500 x 2836 - 7M
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
  • DreamWeeverDreamWeever Posts: 175
    edited November 2022

I haven't rendered anything in a while so I thought I would have a play with US and USX plus some other bits that have been gathering virtual dust and I ended up with this 

Ugh I have no idea how to stop my images getting squished like that

Moors.jpg
    1198 x 847 - 1005K
    Post edited by DreamWeever on
  • Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,227

DreamWeever said:

I haven't rendered anything in a while so I thought I would have a play with US and USX plus some other bits that have been gathering virtual dust and I ended up with this

Ugh I have no idea how to stop my images getting squished like that

EDIT the image to about 700 or so :)

Dave Savage said:

Loving the Britain set... Haven't even scratched the surface yet really because I got transfixed with doing a 4 Seasons montage with the first one I tried...

Oh Dave.. these are wonderful!!!  You need to print them out and put them on a wall somewhere.. ;)

edited November 2022

barbult said:

Artini said:

I can't reproduce those green borders. Are they reflections on the water? What lighting and water settings are you using? This is what I see with the Sunflowers HDRI and Clear Stream water. I rendered with and without the water object visible, but got no green borders.

I did notice a strange (to me) thing in the Britain 4 ecology, but it is not related to river pebbles. The Ransoms (field) and Ransoms Verge layers each appear twice in the ecology.

Thanks for the testing. I have used one of the presets from:

https://www.daz3d.com/skies-of-iradiance-sunny-sky-hdris-for-iray

It can be some strange reflection - will render again with different light setup.

Post edited by Artini on

I can only agree, Britain set contains a lot of well made items and looks great in the renders.

edited November 2022

Llola Lane said:

Dave Savage said:

Oh Dave.. these are wonderful!!!  You need to print them out and put them on a wall somewhere.. ;)

Thanks. I think it's fairly impossible to do a bad render with this set. laugh 

edited November 2022

Well so far, every combination I've tried looks excellent.

BunnyPathBig.jpg
    2450 x 3500 - 6M
  • Dave Savage said:

These are stunning, Love the use of light and shadow. Just goes to show that good lighting and a bit of time taken can make all the difference, someone in my gallery said that air has a texture, and they are absoutley correct there, a slight haze makes all the difference and combined with  good lighting you get results like this. Beautiful, thankyou for sharing.  

• Artini said:

barbult said:

Artini said:

Thanks for the testing. I have used one of the presets from:

https://www.daz3d.com/skies-of-iradiance-sunny-sky-hdris-for-iray

It can be some strange reflection - will render again with different light setup.

I would hazard a guess its got something to do with lighting and angles. Dont forget that liquid shaders (if made correctly) affect the way light reflects and refract on whats underneath them, and i suspect thats what you ran in too here, could be wrong but thats would be my guess, try a different lighting angle and a more defined light sourse ( the sun is a very definded light source)  .

Dave Savage said:

Those are fabulous and a joy to look at. It is a great addition to UltraScenery and you've done a great job rendering with it!

Martinjfrost said:

These are stunning, Love the use of light and shadow. Just goes to show that good lighting and a bit of time taken can make all the difference, someone in my gallery said that air has a texture, and they are absoutley correct there, a slight haze makes all the difference and combined with  good lighting you get results like this. Beautiful, thankyou for sharing.  

Thanks, very kind of you to say so... Yes and here in England that "texture in the air" is usually drizzle so I'll have to work on that effect in my renders. laugh

barbult said:

Those are fabulous and a joy to look at. It is a great addition to UltraScenery and you've done a great job rendering with it!

Thanks... So pleased you guys like them. Only got them yesterday and I'm certainly liking working with them... In fact, I've got zero paid work done for about 48 hours because of this product hahaha... My Work/Life balance is perfect at the moment.

edited November 2022

Another render of Britain 4...

Brit4sc04pic02.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited November 2022

And I don't mean to spam the thread but I think the results I'm getting are worth sharing here.

And doing this one has given me an idea for another using the Ultra Scenery Junction (Dirt Track 3).

HearseGraveyard.jpg
    2400 x 1200 - 2M

Dave Savage said:

And I don't mean to spam the thread but I think the results I'm getting are worth sharing here.

And doing this one has given me an idea for another using the Ultra Scenery Junction (Dirt Track 3).

Oh I looooooooooooove cemetaries... but I'm sure when I was in England, exploring cemetaries, none of the monuments were standing straight up!  lol  Well done.

This discussion has been closed.