UltraScenery - new territory [Commercial]

Comments

• Wonderful renders Martin.

I love Ultra Scenery and just treated myself to the accelerator (wow, what a difference!) and the Britain Botanica bundle.  

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,162
    edited November 2022

Something quick with the new botanica. I used Toolbox II to add some trees to the wildflower meadow.

Scene-CowFieldFlowers-1A.jpg
    2000 x 1000 - 905K
    Post edited by lou_harper on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 24,017
    edited November 2022

Fishtales said:

Nitpicking time :)

Unfortunately the Bracken isn't tall enough. I have walked through lots of it and it can be up to 5 feet high :)

The Foxglove just doesn't look right as all the ones I see the flowers are more like a pyramid on the stem, larger at the bottom and buds at the top, and a lot denser rather that looking like a stick with flowers stuck on it :)

I realise that making them exact isn't possible but the Foxglove just doesn't do it for me.

I have to agree with you on those "foxgloves". They are unlike any I have seen. Maybe there are other varieties that look like that, or maybe it was done that way just to keep poly count down. Luckily it is easy to turn off a layer in the build tab or substitute some other flower later with Alienator if you prefer.

Edit corrected typo.

Post edited by barbult on
  • Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,234

barbult said:

Fishtales said:

Unfortunately the Bracken isn't tall enough. I have walked through lots of it and it can be up to 5 feet high :)

The Foxglove just doesn't look right as all the ones I see the flowers are more like a pyramid on the stem, larger at the bottom and buds at the top, and a lot denser rather that looking like a stick with flowers stuck on it :)

I realise that making them exact isn't possible but the Foxglove just doesn't do it for me.

I have to agree with you on those "foxgloves". They are unlike any I have seen. Maybe there are other varieties that look like that, or maybe it was done that way just to keep poly count down. Luckily it is easy to turn off a layer in the build tab or substitute some other flower later with Alternator if you prefer.

They look like the same flowers in this pack... so maybe he just had them already made???  https://www.daz3d.com/enchanted-wood--a-fairy-habitat-

Llola Lane said:

barbult said:

Fishtales said:

I have to agree with you on those "foxgloves". They are unlike any I have seen. Maybe there are other varieties that look like that, or maybe it was done that way just to keep poly count down. Luckily it is easy to turn off a layer in the build tab or substitute some other flower later with Alternator if you prefer.

They look like the same flowers in this pack... so maybe he just had them already made???  https://www.daz3d.com/enchanted-wood--a-fairy-habitat-

Maybe so.

I'm guessing that wild foxgloves are simpler than the ones cultivated for gardens. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digitalis_purpurea

Btw, it's been mentioned that there are other, high res foxglove plants in the store, but I can't find any. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

lou_harper said:

I'm guessing that wild foxgloves are simpler than the ones cultivated for gardens. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digitalis_purpurea

Btw, it's been mentioned that there are other, high res foxglove plants in the store, but I can't find any. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I couldn't find any either... I thought I had a set by Lisas Botanicals... but I can't seem to find it... unless she called it something else... She's gone from Daz anyway :(  She had such lovely flowers (sighs)

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,106

"Its distinctive, tube-shaped, magenta flowers are arranged around the stem and open in sequence from the bottom up."

This is a description of the flower stem and the reason I don't see them as Foxglove. As a tall stem with pink flowers they will be fine in the distance.

• MartinjfrostMartinjfrost Posts: 353
    edited November 2022

lou_harper said:

They are basicaly the same, though some cultivated varietys have different colors ( apricots and peach shades - in the wild you get variations on white, purple and pinks) Cultivated foxgoves are often more dwarf too. Foxgoves in the wild tend to have the flowers pointing in one directoin from the stem rather than in whorls around it, mainly due, i think , to enviromental influences such as breezes and rain, they also dont tend to grow particularly straignt. Cultivated froms quite often have been bred with the flowers all around a much more robust stem.  There are very many mutations of this plant, in both color and form, some dependant on envoriment and some just because when its happy it seeds and reproduces very prolifically so mutations in color and habit do occure, the most common color ( here at least in Norfolk) is a purple pink but white and pale pink also occure. And you do often see them in mixed groups. Im sure that garden escapes have added to the gene pool in recent years as it has become a very popular short lived perennial plant for flower borders and shade gardens. Typically they grow in dappled shade or at a woodland edge or in a hedge row but can sometimes be found in the open. There are mediterranian species that floursh in full sun and arid conditions, the english version (D. Pupera ) tends more to damp soils. 

The plants in this pack are as @barbut correcty guesses made with a low poly count for use enmasse, if they are not to your taste then as pointed out, its easyenough to turn them off either by making them invisiabe in your scene tab en masse or as seected instances ( that way you coud thin them out) or by using alinenator and substituting them for a plant that you do like the look of. It is all very subjective when putting together a bundle like this, and much as id love to be botanically accurate with all models i make, poly count, and the limitations of sofware, material handleling and practicality all play their part. If i had made the bracken five feet hight - which is the maximum height it can get too, it would obsucre anything else around it, including the focus of the scene, other plants and features.It only ever grows that large in damp sheltered places, and a woodland floor is often a dry place with limited light thus it would not neccissarily be that height and if so only in small patches.  So again subjective. And as has been pointed out; if its not to your liking then there are work arounds you can do. The moral of the story here, is that you cant please everybody. 

At present i think these are the ony foxgoves that have been released.there is a daz origional set from me, which is much higher resolution and has double sided flower textures with a diffeernt interior and exterior and doubve sided leaves too but it has not yet been released in to the store or as a freebie, and im not sure when they plan on doing so, as once a product is baught as a daz origional I cease to have any influence over it.  

Post edited by Martinjfrost on

barbult said:

Luckily it is easy to turn off a layer in the build tab or substitute some other flower later with Alternator if you prefer.

Looked for Alternator in my library and then found it was ALIENATOR :) 

Martinjfrost said:

At present i think these are the ony foxgoves that have been released.there is a daz origional set from me, which is much higher resolution and has double sided flower textures with a diffeernt interior and exterior and doubve sided leaves too but it has not yet been released in to the store or as a freebie, and im not sure when they plan on doing so, as once a product is baught as a daz origional I cease to have any influence over it.  

I hope they release them soon. I love your plants.

Fishtales said:

barbult said:

Luckily it is easy to turn off a layer in the build tab or substitute some other flower later with Alternator if you prefer.

Looked for Alternator in my library and then found it was ALIENATOR :) 

Oops. Sorry for the typo. Yes, of course it is Alienator. I use the pro version Alienator Pro

I'll go back and change my old post to avoid misleading more people. Thanks for catching that!

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,335
    edited November 2022

Yeah, I prefer sunrises and sunsets, shadow, rain and fog, but once in a while, I do a render unlike my usual stuff just to prove that there is sun in my world. 

Worth mentioning that the horse is wearing Mil horse textures and a Mil horse pose. There are some situations to work through, but I am glad to add a whole new range of options to the Daz horse.

FlightOfFancy.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 2M
    Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,344
    edited November 2022

Britain preset 4. I prefer Predatron's LowRez Horse...

Brit4sc02pic02BlueSkies.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by Artini on
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,710

There's a different variety of foxgloves in this set https://www.daz3d.com/wild-borders , and maybe also in others, I'll have to check.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,344
    edited November 2022

Britain preset 7 and something related...

Brit7sc02pic04ColorEnh.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1023K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • No, no, no, please, no. I am NOT a walrus, despite what my mustache looks like. Regards, Richard.

richardandtracy said:

No, no, no, please, no. I am NOT a walrus, despite what my mustache looks like. Regards, Richard.

What????

tsroemi said:

There's a different variety of foxgloves in this set https://www.daz3d.com/wild-borders , and maybe also in others, I'll have to check.

I have that product. It has a lot of pretty items in it. The foxgloves have the more familiar plant shape, but the stem doesn't extend to the top of the plant for some reason. So it is also not optimum for closeups, I think. It also comes as a clump with grass, so the get a single foxglove plant would require a little editing. I think I'll experiment.

tsroemi said:

Those look great for far away... I'm not sure about up close though :)  On my wish list it goes... (winks)... Thanks tsroemi :)

Martinjfrost said:

lou_harper said:

They are basicaly the same, though some cultivated varietys have different colors ( apricots and peach shades - in the wild you get variations on white, purple and pinks) Cultivated foxgoves are often more dwarf too. Foxgoves in the wild tend to have the flowers pointing in one directoin from the stem rather than in whorls around it, mainly due, i think , to enviromental influences such as breezes and rain, they also dont tend to grow particularly straignt. Cultivated froms quite often have been bred with the flowers all around a much more robust stem.  There are very many mutations of this plant, in both color and form, some dependant on envoriment and some just because when its happy it seeds and reproduces very prolifically so mutations in color and habit do occure, the most common color ( here at least in Norfolk) is a purple pink but white and pale pink also occure. And you do often see them in mixed groups. Im sure that garden escapes have added to the gene pool in recent years as it has become a very popular short lived perennial plant for flower borders and shade gardens. Typically they grow in dappled shade or at a woodland edge or in a hedge row but can sometimes be found in the open. There are mediterranian species that floursh in full sun and arid conditions, the english version (D. Pupera ) tends more to damp soils. 

The plants in this pack are as @barbut correcty guesses made with a low poly count for use enmasse, if they are not to your taste then as pointed out, its easyenough to turn them off either by making them invisiabe in your scene tab en masse or as seected instances ( that way you coud thin them out) or by using alinenator and substituting them for a plant that you do like the look of. It is all very subjective when putting together a bundle like this, and much as id love to be botanically accurate with all models i make, poly count, and the limitations of sofware, material handleling and practicality all play their part. If i had made the bracken five feet hight - which is the maximum height it can get too, it would obsucre anything else around it, including the focus of the scene, other plants and features.It only ever grows that large in damp sheltered places, and a woodland floor is often a dry place with limited light thus it would not neccissarily be that height and if so only in small patches.  So again subjective. And as has been pointed out; if its not to your liking then there are work arounds you can do. The moral of the story here, is that you cant please everybody. 

Wow, that is quite a horticultural lesson!
    I like that UltraScenery, and all of the extra tools provided by Totte, allow us to customize things to be the way we want see the world. Nothing has to be "real" or consistent. I can put spring tulips in Australia or the Tropical jungle if I want to. I don't care if they really grow there. Every new ecology pack adds new possibilities. If foxgloves don't remind me of foxgloves I have seen, I can just think of them as pink and purple flower stalks. All is good. smiley

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,379
    edited November 2022

Just mucking about with the new ecosystems. This is a bit more post-processed than I normally would like, but somehow it just worked for me.

This was rendered for my INSANELY Ultra wide (5120x1440) 49" curved screen! (Yes, I love it! I thought it was ABSURD at first, then I got it home.)

UltraScenery Britain
    UltraScenery - Stone Features

And an Orestes lighting and backdrop (you may have noticed the 'filled in' background).  Unfortunately I don't recall which one I used after trying SO MANY.

MT_Bluebell_Creek_3D_Erik_Pedersen.jpg
    5120 x 1440 - 2M
    Post edited by Gogger on

Gogger said:

Just mucking about with the new ecosystems. This is a bit more post-processed than I normally would like, but somehow it just worked for me.

This was rendered for my INSANELY Ultra wide (5120x1440) 49" curved screen! (Yes, I love it! I thought it was ABSURD at first, then I got it home.)

UltraScenery Britain

And an Orestes lighting and backdrop (you may have noticed the 'filled in' background).  Unfortunately I don't recall which one I used after trying SO MANY.

Wow, that must be some monitor! Does it take up the whole room LOL? That render looks lovely. I'm rendering with stones and Britain right now, too, but mine are more test renders and not nearly that scenic.

Gogger said:

UltraScenery Britain

That is just Greeeeeeeeeeeat Gogger ... Who doesn't need a 49" curved screen?  lol  Bet it's great for gaming... Like you are really there without the 3d glasses... lol

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,379
    edited November 2022

barbult said:

Wow, that must be some monitor! Does it take up the whole room LOL? That render looks lovely. I'm rendering with stones and Britain right now, too, but mine are more test renders and not nearly that scenic.

I've posted before about this monitor, but this image is fresh from just moments ago. That's a 34" Ultrawide curved screen on the left, the 49" ULTRA-MEGA-Maniacal widescreen curved in the middle, and a 24" rotated vertical on the right. I may actually be hurting my back and neck with this setup!  I try to swivel in my chair, but find myself reeeeeaching all to o often.  I even installed a second keyboard on the same system! 

FWIW I do have an Occulus VR headset and find it AMAZING and fun, but am not sure I would want one for computing. <shrug> Then again, I haven't tried that yet, have I?  <LOL>

Sorry for the poor image quality, just a quick cell-phone snap.

20221107_200841_Edited2.jpg
    3599 x 1283 - 1M
    Post edited by Gogger on
  • barbult said:

richardandtracy said:

No, no, no, please, no. I am NOT a walrus, despite what my mustache looks like. Regards, Richard.

What????

Note the vessel behind the plants in the post above.

Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

richardandtracy said:

What????

Note the vessel behind the plants in the post above.

Oh. I guess that strange thing must be a submarine.

• Yep. And the Sgt Pepper album was more than a little off-the-wall. Regards, Richard.

barbult said:

Oops. Sorry for the typo. Yes, of course it is Alienator. I use the pro version Alienator Pro

I'll go back and change my old post to avoid misleading more people. Thanks for catching that!

You are welcome. That is the one I have too.

This discussion has been closed.