UltraScenery - new territory [Commercial]

Comments

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,227

Dave Savage said:

MelanieL said:

Finally today I got the chance to try out Britain Botanica. I'm loving the bluebells preset especially. Here's two views of the same Spring scene and an Autumn version too.

Fabulous... Those horses and riders look great too. All very realistic. yes

+1 agreed :)

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,347

Dave Savage said:

MelanieL said:

Finally today I got the chance to try out Britain Botanica. I'm loving the bluebells preset especially. Here's two views of the same Spring scene and an Autumn version too.

Thank you!

I loved your hearse pics too. And the four-seasons set.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,347

Llola Lane said:

Dave Savage said:

MelanieL said:

+1 agreed :)

Thank you too, Llola. 

• MartinjfrostMartinjfrost Posts: 353
    edited November 2022

Llola Lane said:

Daventaki said:

Martinjfrost said:

Ive attached some slides made as part of a tutorial i did which should help explain it. 

Is the tutorial still available?

I second that question :)

It was part of a webinar i did for Digital Art Live a few months ago i know its not available through daz but you could contact them and ask if there is a recording of it you could purchase 

https://digitalartlive.com/event/50-shades-of-iray-an-evening-with-martin-frost/

The post work bit was part of a larger discussion about texturing etc. We did talk about fleshing it out in to a proper step by step but nothing came of it.  

However with a quick search this came up on youtube and its pretty clear and much the same workflow.  Well worth watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIQYqcj1yBI

Also This overview of photorealism and lighting is very good, not DS specific but good theory and practices to remember.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8AAX-ENWvQ

Post edited by Martinjfrost on

Martinjfrost said:

Llola Lane said:

Daventaki said:

Martinjfrost said:

Ive attached some slides made as part of a tutorial i did which should help explain it. 

It was part of a webinar i did for Digital Art Live a few months ago i know its not available through daz but you could contact them and ask if there is a recording of it you could purchase 

https://digitalartlive.com/event/50-shades-of-iray-an-evening-with-martin-frost/

The post work bit was part of a larger discussion about texturing etc. We did talk about fleshing it out in to a proper step by step but nothing came of it. 

However with a quick search this came up on youtube and its pretty clear and much the same workflow.  Well worth watching.

Also This overview of photorealism and lighting is very good, not DS specific but good theory and practices to remember.

Thanks Martin.. I'll check them out later this week... ;)

Llola Lane said:

Martinjfrost said:

Llola Lane said:

Daventaki said:

Martinjfrost said:

Thanks Martin.. I'll check them out later this week... ;)

Quick check... Looks like i can't use canvases... I don't have a program to open up .EXR files (sighs)  Oh well!

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433

Llola Lane said: Quick check... Looks like i can't use canvases... I don't have a program to open up .EXR files (sighs)  Oh well!

'Gimp' is free image editing software that will open .exr files... If that helps at all.  smiley

Dave Savage said:

Llola Lane said: Quick check... Looks like i can't use canvases... I don't have a program to open up .EXR files (sighs)  Oh well!

'Gimp' is free image editing software that will open .exr files... If that helps at all.  smiley

I have Gimp and I can't see where to open EXR files... They are not listed :(

• I have Gimp 2.10 and just used the usual open command - nothing special. When I right-click an exr- file and choose "Open with" Gimp appears in the list. This is on Windows 10.

• Same with me on a 4yo version of GIMP on my Win7 machine which has been off-line (no updates of any sort) for 3 years. Regards, Richard.

ok.. I guess I need to update my Gimp... I have version 2.8.2 and exr is not showing up to import or just open ... I'll update asap... Thanks one and all.

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,334
    edited November 2022

To be fair, the "Medieval Merchant Stall" - a new item I was trying out - takes up most of the real estate here, but here's Britain 3 rounding out the scene. 

NeldaAnnoyed.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 951K
    Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • looks good. I want to buy the medieval stall but can you use the mushrooms and other vegetables as separate objects? Thanks.

• AnEye4Art said:

looks good. I want to buy the medieval stall but can you use the mushrooms and other vegetables as separate objects? Thanks.

This is the first scene I've rendered with this new set and so far, I like its quality.

The product offers several of the fruits and vegetables as separate, single objects: scanning through the food props and testing them, I find that the apple, parsnip, onion, leek, carrot and cabbage are available as an individual object, in addition to the groupings meant for the baskets and crates. The mushrooms, along with the turnips and peas, only appear to be groupings. I even tried the set splitter utility to dig a little deeper and it appears that the mushrooms only come as a block of mushrooms, to be seen in the respective crates.

The apple even comes with various color options:

fruit.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 195K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 24,017

paulawp (marahzen) said:

To be fair, the "Medieval Merchant Stall" - a new item I was trying out - takes up most of the real estate here, but here's Britain 3 rounding out the scene. 

That's very nice. I really like the way your've blended all the elements together into a very realistic scene. 

paulawp (marahzen) said:

That looks wonderful paulawp (marahzen)... Not sure I'd buy from her though... I like a more cheery merchant!  lol

• barbult said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

That's very nice. I really like the way your've blended all the elements together into a very realistic scene. 

Thank you!  I've been working hard on trying to get better. USC can make such cool things - and I want to be able to make them.

• Llola Lane said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

That looks wonderful paulawp (marahzen)... Not sure I'd buy from her though... I like a more cheery merchant!  lol

This scene is why I love product-testing serendipity. Among the things I bought yesterday along with the merchant stall was the "Negative Emotions Utility Poses," from which we get ... Nelda, who just does not want to be here, again, today. It's not related at all to the story series I'm working on, but while tesing that pose set on G8F, this little mini-story was born. :) 

• paulawp (marahzen) said:

AnEye4Art said:

looks good. I want to buy the medieval stall but can you use the mushrooms and other vegetables as separate objects? Thanks.

This is the first scene I've rendered with this new set and so far, I like its quality.

The product offers several of the fruits and vegetables as separate, single objects: scanning through the food props and testing them, I find that the apple, parsnip, onion, leek, carrot and cabbage are available as an individual object, in addition to the groupings meant for the baskets and crates. The mushrooms, along with the turnips and peas, only appear to be groupings. I even tried the set splitter utility to dig a little deeper and it appears that the mushrooms only come as a block of mushrooms, to be seen in the respective crates.

Thanks for the reply. I have a vision of a wooden cart filled with vegies speeding down an ultra scenery pathway with vegies spilling out as the cart bounces. Bummer!!

• AnEye4Art said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

AnEye4Art said:

Thanks for the reply. I have a vision of a wooden cart filled with vegies speeding down an ultra scenery pathway with vegies spilling out as the cart bounces. Bummer!!

Well, as long as you want bouncing apples, cabbages, etc, you're still in business! lol 

Now that makes me want to consider how to create half-full crates ... 

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Llola Lane said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

This scene is why I love product-testing serendipity. Among the things I bought yesterday along with the merchant stall was the "Negative Emotions Utility Poses," from which we get ... Nelda, who just does not want to be here, again, today. It's not related at all to the story series I'm working on, but while tesing that pose set on G8F, this little mini-story was born. :) 

I feel for her... I bet she'll be happy when she can .. erm.. retire???  Did anyone ever retire back in those days?  LOL  Well done ;)

paulawp (marahzen) said:

AnEye4Art said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

AnEye4Art said:

Well, as long as you want bouncing apples, cabbages, etc, you're still in business! lol 

Now that makes me want to consider how to create half-full crates ... 

You can always uses instances???

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,344
    edited November 2022

Britain 7 preset with the pile of benches exported from Unity.

Wish it would be easy to create piles of objects directly in Daz Studio.

Britain7Bench01pic01.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 962K
    Post edited by Artini on

Artini said:

Britain 7 preset with the pile of benches exported from Unity.

Wish it would be easy to create piles of objects directly in Daz Studio.

Instancing works pretty good for me :)

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,344
    edited November 2022

Yes, I know about instancing, but how to arrange objects in the piles.

In Unity, I can just drop objects on each other using physics and object colliders.

Another example with rubber ducks...

Brit7Ducks01pic02.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 786K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited November 2022

Artini said:

In Unity, I can just drop objects on each other using physics and object colliders.

The instances I was thinking you'd have to place each bench where you wanted it... But... here's a thought... Do you have UltraScatter???  I had a little play and here's what I got... Not perfect.. but it's a start.  I rotated the bench in each of the X Y Z direction and had the target object be the bench itself and gave ti 0 spacing... I think with a little playing it could maybe what you are looking for???  Wha'cha think???

ULTRASCATTER benches.png
    1024 x 1024 - 2M
    Post edited by Llola Lane on

Llola Lane said:

Artini said:

The instances I was thinking you'd have to place each bench where you wanted it... But... here's a thought... Do you have UltraScatter???  I had a little play and here's what I got... Not perfect.. but it's a start.  I rotated the bench in each of the X Y Z direction and had the target object be the bench itself and gave ti 0 spacing... I think with a little playing it could maybe what you are looking for???  Wha'cha think???

Too many intersecting objects.

barbult said:

Llola Lane said:

Artini said:

Too many intersecting objects.

agreed... that's why I said.. "it's a start"... :)

Maybe Fisio will be useful.

barbult said:

Maybe Fisio will be useful.

interesting... never heard of it... you are a wealth of information Barb :)  

This discussion has been closed.