Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 8

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,538
    edited December 1969

Here's a simple scene using mostly Bryce made objects. The flowers, chairs and table are from the store here. Lit by the HDRI (GreenPath-B) and the ceiling light. All set to 5% soft shadows, rendered premium with 36 rpp. There is also a square fill light with 200 lights but without shadows.

CosyNook.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 185K
  • Roland4Roland4 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Again, a pair of earrings, this time with massive amounts of small diamonds, which you unfortunately can not see properly.

JewelboxMitOhrringen2.jpg
    500 x 500 - 106K
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,389
    edited October 2014

Tim Bateman- interesting render

Stuart - nice videos, too fast paced to follow. I wonder if David can come up with something similar.

Roland4 - more beautiful jewelry and boxes, I like the puppies.

Jay –Vicky is very energetic . :lol:

Sandy -nice sunset scene.

Horo – the room render is awesome no magnificent.

David- interesting space videos. Are these video part of the Space Construction Kit or additional videos.

Another experiment- a simple landscape comparing the before and after using the Light in Lens effect from the Lens and Filters

lightinlenseffect.jpg
    600 x 600 - 35K
    mountains.jpg
    600 x 600 - 34K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited December 1969

@mermaid010

Your pictures shows nice and beautiful panoramas.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

The light though the vase, Horo...super.

Yeah, Mermaid...she's on an infinite loop run ;) Love the second image and the lens effect - can see some interesting works from that.

Jay

edited October 2014

For a variety, a little art

Abstract1b.jpg
    500 x 500 - 355K
    Abstract1.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 521K
    Post edited by Roland4 on
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,105
    edited December 1969

Horo

I like the render. Looks like a nice place to have breakfast. I noticed the ceiling light is shining on the ceiling but nothing shining down onto the table. Did you intend to do it that way? I would have thought if the light was switched on there would be light shining down as well as up.

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Horo: Lovely scene, cozy looking place.

@Roland: Nice ear rings and box. Art is really interesting.

@mermaid: Nice scenes.

@Sandy: That light in Horo's scene is one of those new fangled lights which can be turned on to illuminate the ceiling, the table, or both. It's a better explanation than "oops, I forgot." :lol:

edited October 2014

@Roland4 - nice earrings floating in the box.

@mermaid010 - thank you. Great lens effect.

@Jay - thank you. Have you noticed the pink spot on the chair from the vase?

@Sandy - thank you. The light on the ceiling is brighter because the lamp is nearer to it than to the table. The 12 light bulbs have square falloff and distance matters much. There is some light shining on the table brightening the shadows but the flowers are nearer and get more light.

EDIT
    Jamie - he he, nice idea but such an excuse wouldn't work because the bulbs are visible.

Post edited by Horo on
    edited December 1969

@Horo: It would if those lights were divided, small bulbs at the top, larger bulbs at the bottom. Still, that scene looks really nice.

edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @Roland4 - nice earrings floating in the box.

This is because no shadows are used.

edited December 1969

@Jamie - yes. What I probably should have done is to use different a wattage (diffuse) on the upper and lower bulbs to make the light less prominent above but more below.

@Roland4 - yes, renders faster without.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,105
    edited December 1969

I saw the bulbs in the shades and thought it was a selective light as GussNemo said. Top bulbs on for diffuse ambiant light for a romantic tea and bottom lights for when the Grandchildren are round and they need the light for drawing on the table :-) Making the lights on the ceiling invisible would still give reflected light in the scene and stop people like me asking why the light is on with all that natural light coming in the window :) I know they do that in promotional images for house sales but it always makes me think the rooms must be very dark if they need lights on during the day :-)

Still a very nice image for all that.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

David- interesting space videos. Are these video part of the Space Construction Kit or additional videos.

Another experiment- a simple landscape comparing the before and after using the Light in Lens effect from the Lens and Filters

Yes these are for the product - A simple adjustment a few words of warning about tilting the camera in scene 10 - by David Brinnen I'm tied up laying paving slabs in my parents garden at present, but I thought I'd dribble these out as a bit of an add.

Oh and thank you for the plug!

Here's another video.

Scene10_youtube1.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 257K
    edited October 2014

A new jewelry box and a new ring.

JewelboxWithRing1e.jpg
    500 x 500 - 90K
    JewelboxWithRing1c.jpg
    500 x 500 - 101K
    JewelboxWithRing1b.jpg
    500 x 500 - 107K
    JewelboxWithRing1a.jpg
    500 x 500 - 100K
    edited December 1969

@David: Thanks for another informative video.

@Roland: Ring box is real nice.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,389
    edited December 1969

David - I love space and sci-fi and find all these videos very interesting. Hopefully one day I will be able to buy this pack. ;)

Roland- nice work on the new set of rings and boxes

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,895
    edited December 1969

Hi all,

This threat is going so fast, that I really can't keep up, let alone comment on everything. But I did see wonderful renders, including quite a lot of nice jewelry!

Here is a new abstract. I think it has an underwater look, so the thingies are a kind of underwater rockets, I guess.
    I made this, while waiting for a very long lasting render (more than a week). I decided to do this quicky in between.

Underwaterthings.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 1012K
    edited December 1969

@hansmar: That is an interesting image.

I did this render for a challenge on another site I visit. The challenge was to use the throne with the cross in a scene, which took me some time since I had to learn, and fiddle with, the Ivy Generator. But I got there in the end. The throne and cross were made by a person on that site using Hexagon.

Throne_Prop_13.png
    810 x 810 - 1M
    edited December 1969

@GussNemo

the picture is cool. Is this a montage ?

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 870
    edited December 1969

Hi GussNemo

Very fine render! Especially the ivy grows nicely over the throne and the radial spreading over the ground gives it a interesting touch. I like the plants on the left side (Bryce trees?). And the wall of rock in the background looks, especially when the picture size is reduced, very convincing.
    The only thing I could mention. If realism was your approach and I guess so because your picture looks quite realistic, I think the color of the grass is a bit too uniform and a bit too green. But this is criticizing on a high level.

edited December 1969

@Roland: If I understand the meaning of montage, then no it isn't. The chair, aka throne, is a model one of the people on the other site created using Hexagon. The point of the challenge was to use the throne in a scene/image. The wall behind the throne is a low res terrain, 512 I think. The bush on the left side is a Bryce tree I sunk until just the tops were visible. The ground is the original 512 terrain with a terrain material. The grass I had in the object library but I don't remember where it came from. The ivy on the throne and ground were made using the ivy generator. And to add a bit more light I threw in an HDRI, front yard I believe it was.

@electro: I really wasn't going for realism, just something I thought looked nice. Now that I take another look at the grass, I have to agree it's a bit tooooo green. It started out as a almost dead looking yellow, which didn't fit what I had in mind. Thinking about it I might have lessened the greenness a bit, C&V, moved the copy a bit, then added a different shade of green or something slightly yellowish. But getting something to look as this one does is still a learning process for me.

edited December 1969

@Roland4 - nice jewelry, again.

@hansmar - interesting abstract.

@Jamie - that turned out very nice.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

Cool, Guss...I like how the whole setup draws in the eye to the seat of the throne, which needs a king btw ;)

Jay

edited December 1969

A bracelet and new colors for the Jewelry Box

JewelboxWithBracelet1b.jpg
    500 x 500 - 164K
    JewelboxWithBracelet1a.jpg
    500 x 500 - 127K
    JewelboxWithBracelet1.jpg
    500 x 500 - 98K
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,895
    edited December 1969

@GussNemo: Very well done. Your Ivy generator work looks very accomplished!

@Roland4: great bracelet. In the first image I thought it was a kind of string of LED's. I like the second image best.

@GussNemo and Horo: thanks.

edited October 2014

hansmar said:
    @Roland4: great bracelet. In the first image I thought it was a kind of string of LED's. I like the second image best.

Thank you, the images have allways the same settings.

edit: the first have a little bit different specular.

edited October 2014

And now a necklace.

Necklace3.jpg
    500 x 500 - 99K
    Necklace2.jpg
    500 x 500 - 114K
    edited October 2014

@Roland4 - nice bracelets.

I've been experimenting a bit with the RTR method. The little green men (LGM) landed on the wrong planet and Michael is amazed that the LGM are so small because he thinks they come from Mars. But they actually come from DAZ 3D like he does.

LGMarooned.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 245K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @Roland4 - nice bracelets.

I've been experimenting a bit with the RTR method. The little green men (LGM) landed on the wrong planet and Michael is amazed that the LGM are so small because he thinks they come from Mars. But they actually come from DAZ 3D like he does.

That looks really nice and funny from. I look just like Michael.

This discussion has been closed.