Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 8

Comments

• Roland4Roland4 Posts: 0
    edited October 2014

A Gemstone Necklace. I have placed three light sources around the chain, in which I disable the diffuse light and only use specular. The second picture is the same but bigger (2000 X 2000).

Necklace4Big.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 3M
    Necklace4.jpg
    500 x 500 - 137K
    Post edited by Roland4 on
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,105
    edited December 1969

Roland4

Nice necklace, the lighting has shown it off well.

Another GeoControl2 terrain stacked 1024/2048/4096. I messed up some textures that I had already messed up before :) The water is two plains on top of each other. The top one just slightly above with a texture set to a high transparency so the one below shows through. I thought it came out quite well.

Purple Shoreline I called it.

purple-shoreline-001.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 560K
    edited December 1969

@Fishtales

Thanks, very interesting the coast.

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Nice Renders, wish I had time to visit more often..

My Contribution to the thread... something Seasonal.

Feline-Moon.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 303K
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited October 2014

@Horo: Thank you. I had questioned the bump in front of the throne, whether or not to try and remove it, but upping the RPP for the final render made it look a bit better. Love your LGM. Michael, on the other hand...

@Roland: Bracelet and box really look nice. Like the results of that necklace.

@Jay: Thanks. So, you want to sit in that throne, do ya? :lol:

@Fishtales: Nice results in that image.

@Rareth: Black cat on a black night, love it. Their eyes do seem to glow like that.

Edit: Forgot I had a image to post, played with Art's newest Wings 3D object and material from the Gritty Texture Tiles package.

Looped_Rings_1_3_2.png
    810 x 810 - 1M
    Post edited by GussNemo on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,538
    edited December 1969

@Roland4 - thank you. Nice necklace.

@Sandy - looks great, your Purple Shoreline.

@Rareth - very nice monochrome render, good idea.

@Jamie - thank you. I'm not good at rendering persons that's why I seldom use them. Objects look great and are nicely presented.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,389
    edited December 1969

Hansmar- love the abstract.

Guss - the throne with the cross scene is nicely done, I like the material you used for the background mountains. Your render using Art’s Wings 3D tutorial is nice. I'll add this pack to my wishlist.

Roland – love all your latest jewels especially the gemstone necklace.

Horo- Love the scene with Michael and the LGM especially the water and the stony foreground. What is RTR method.

Fishtales- Nice results with the stacked terrains.

Rareth- yes very seasonal, it makes one realize how quickly time flies.

I tried to make a nebula using the examples David showed in his recent space videos and ended up with some nice space abstracts.

The first of this set is the material, then I used the GWL lens from the Lens and Filter Pack, the 1st at FOV 90 and the second FOV 180

abstract-gwl180.jpg
    600 x 600 - 21K
    abstract-gwl90.jpg
    600 x 600 - 33K
    galaxymat1.jpg
    600 x 600 - 88K
    edited December 1969

Continuing from above, I changed the frequency of the material and added some of the objects made is Wings 3D – David’s tutorials on Experimenting with Bad Geometry, then I used the EWL lens from the Lens and Filter Pack, the 1st at FOV 60 and the second FOV 100

abstract-ewl100.jpg
    600 x 600 - 26K
    abstract-ewl60.jpg
    600 x 600 - 31K
    galaxymat2.jpg
    600 x 600 - 32K
    edited December 1969

Thank you, i have make it for you. Your pictures are very interesting.

edited December 1969

Roland4 said:

Thank you, i have make it for you. Your pictures are very interesting.

Thank you Roland, you made an old lady very happy today. :)

edited December 1969

@mermaid010 - nice abstracts, I like the second series. RTR stands for Ready-To-Render. It's a method to create the shadows when you use a HDRI backdrop or panorama. The quality is better than when using a transparent floor and a negative light, or a Hyper Texture. It needs some preparation work, though, but all can be done in Bryce. There are some videos David made. I worked on a PDF the last few days and have David check it for mistakes. I'll make it available on my website eventually.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Just needed to do a quick pic instead of all these minimum 4 hour renders I've been doing recently.

Flamingo.jpg
    1111 x 550 - 309K
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,895
    edited December 1969

@roland4: wonderful necklace. Nothing better than some stones to make a girl happy!

@horo: Very nice SF scene. Love the plants in the background. And I look forward to the explanation of the RTR method!

@Fishtales: Nice scene. And indeed, the water works quite well.

@Rareth: That's a wonderful cat render.

@GussNemo: Looks like someone lost some old junk on the beach. Not sure what the purpose of these things could be, but very nice render it is.

@mermaid010: Thank you. I love your second set of renders. I prefer the second view of the second set.

@TheSavage64: Serene picture (until the Croc shows up, I guess). Very nice POV. But, you think > 4 hours is long? Ha! I start to think less than 3 days is short. I stopped a render after more than a week, being at 20%, because of an obvious error in the set-up (floating plants). Bryce told me it would take more than 25 days!

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

hansmar said:
    @TheSavage64: Serene picture (until the Croc shows up, I guess). Very nice POV. But, you think > 4 hours is long? Ha! I start to think less than 3 days is short. I stopped a render after more than a week, being at 20%, because of an obvious error in the set-up (floating plants). Bryce told me it would take more than 25 days!

I would never make a picture that was going to take that long to render. Most of my work (commercial) is to tight deadlines as is my present animation project. It's needed by the second week of November and I'm not even halfway through setting it up and rendering low quality clips. With one eye on the calendar, I'm going to have to get both computers rendering the finished clips at higher quality soon to get it completed on time.

When I have a natural gap in the work, I make "quick" pictures just for my own pleasure. The vast majority of the pictures I post here take less than an hour to render... But I applaud your dedication and patience. :-)

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Continuing from above, I changed the frequency of the material and added some of the objects made is Wings 3D – David’s tutorials on Experimenting with Bad Geometry, then I used the EWL lens from the Lens and Filter Pack, the 1st at FOV 60 and the second FOV 100

Very nice work with the spiraling clouds. Reminds me a bit of sequences from Babylon 5. Except the aliens in that were a bit more "spidery" as I recall? Anyway, well done on following the tutorials and thanks for sharing your results!

edited October 2014

A necklace, a golden Heart and a diamond for mermaid010.

Necklace5b.jpg
    500 x 500 - 150K
    Necklace5a.jpg
    500 x 500 - 115K
    edited December 1969

@Horo: Thank you. Because the right hand object has more interlocking components, I'm not so sure it's displayed as well as it could be. I may try another render and display it separately.

@mermaid: Thanks. Your nebula trials are nice, especially the color.

@Dave: That's a real nice scene, very serene.

@Roland: Nice new necklace, especially the closeup.

edited December 1969

@Dave - very nice flamingo render.

@hansmar - thank you. Not really sci-fi, after all, I was there taking the photograph :lol:

@Roland4 - nice necklace as always.

edited December 1969

And another one.

Necklace6b.jpg
    500 x 500 - 167K
    Necklace6a.jpg
    500 x 500 - 126K
    edited December 1969

Roland4 said:
    A necklace, a golden Heart and a diamond for mermaid010.

Thanks Roland, I never owned a diamond, never ever; now I have one, my very own diamond heart necklace. :-)

Thanks Horo, Hansmar, David, and Guss

Dave - I love your quick renders, they always inspire me to try harder.

edited October 2014

With a small change. A neclace and a rabbit.

Necklace7b.jpg
    500 x 500 - 128K
    edited December 1969

@Roland: You're getting some really nice results with that jewelery.

edited December 1969

Roland- I agree with Guss, beautiful jewels.

edited October 2014

Thanks all, and here is a little elephant.

Necklace8.jpg
    500 x 500 - 256K
    Necklace8.jpg
    500 x 500 - 113K
    edited December 1969

@Roland: Elephant is really charming.

I previously posted an image after following Art's latest tutorial. I wasn't real happy how the multiple ring object was displayed, so I created another image with just that object. I can't decide which ground material I like best so I'll post the three I made and let you, the viewer, decide for yourselves.

Looped_Rings_1_3_5.png
    810 x 810 - 2M
    Looped_Rings_1_3_4.png
    810 x 810 - 1M
    Looped_Rings_1_3_3.png
    810 x 810 - 1M
    edited December 1969

@Roland4 - nice stuff, as usual.

@Jamie - use the last ground. The object is rather fine and gets lost on the busy grounds of the first two.

edited December 1969

Roland- nice elephants

Guss- I agree with Horo the last one is my fav too.

edited October 2014

And here is an child angel. I hope you can see that it is an angel. The medallion have 500256 poligons and i have make it with displacement in Blender.

Angel1Big2000x2000.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 3M
    Angel1b.jpg
    500 x 500 - 194K
    Angel1a.jpg
    500 x 500 - 192K
    edited December 1969

@Horo/mermaid: Haha, the forum strikes again. The image you both chose is actually the first image I uploaded, gremlins at work again. Thank you both for the suggestion, I think I agree.

@Roland: That angel is gorgeous, and just fine quality. Seems you've really got the hang of Blender.

edited October 2014

GussNemo said:
    @Roland: Seems you've really got the hang of Blender.

Blender is easy to use and powerful. You only must learn it, but this is very easy and you must trust you, of course.

This discussion has been closed.