Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 8

Comments

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,389
    edited October 2014

Roland4 said:
    Roland - Thanks you are spoiling me, the only gold I have are a chain and a wedding band, now I feel rich. :)

You're married ? Then I have here the right gift for you: Wedding Rings

Yup I'm married and last September I became a great grandma :-) Thanks for the wedding rings

Edited: Cool renders from everyone.

Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,105
    edited December 1969

mx42b

Nice render. All that practice has paid off.

Roland4

You better watch out someone doesn't break in here and steal your jewellery :-)

Some crystals and a Crystal Ball.

From left to right.

Light Aquamarine

Amethyst

Citrine

Ruby

Medium Gold Citrine

Garnet

Smoky Quartz

Amber (Yes I know it isn't a crystal :-) )

Emerald

Aqua Aura

Rose Quartz

Diamond in the centre with the crystal ball above.

crystal-ball-001.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 304K
  • Roland4Roland4 Posts: 0
    edited October 2014

More Bryce gold.

4Goldbarren100g1a.jpg
    500 x 500 - 75K
    Post edited by Roland4 on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,538
    edited October 2014

@Roland4 - nice golden things, as usual.

@Tim - terrain test looks good.

@mermaid010 - ah, the rainbow is seldom used.

@RexRed - the geometric object looks great. Beach scene is nice idea, interesting piano scene.

@electro-elvis - nice space scene. I'm not sure which one the mother ship is. The huge dark irregular thing at upper right looks like a rock to me.

@Sandy - if you got the hang of GeoControl2 you won't have a lot of trouble to learn WorldCreator. However, a couple of options are missing (most of those that didn't work correctly anyway). Terraced terrain looks good, nice idea with the dolphins. Nice collection of lapidary.

@mx42b - if our ambitions wouldn't exceed our abilities we would never attempt to improve. Nice render of the guardian.

Post edited by Horo on
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @Roland4 - nice golden things, as usual.

Than you Horo. The lighting I have copied from the videos Bryce 7.1 Pro Golden Lighting.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

... and last September I became a great grandma :-)

Before that, were you just a mediocre grandma? :lol:

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited October 2014

Roland4 said:
    Roland - Thanks you are spoiling me, the only gold I have are a chain and a wedding band, now I feel rich. :)

Yup I'm married and last September I became a great grandma :-) Thanks for the wedding rings

Welcome to Great grandma-hood. I just got my 2nd great grandchild. (2 different Grandaughters are the Mums)

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 870
    edited October 2014

Horo: Thank you Horo for your comment. The "rock" is the mothership :) Okay, then I think I have a bit of work to do yet.

RexRed: Yes, convincing sand is quite difficult to achive. Yours look good. But I think your are right, your shrubbery hovers a bit over the sand. Your diamond looks IMHO a bit dull.

Tim Bateman: Excellent terrains and skies. Are the skies made from photos?

mx42b: Lovely scene. Especially the plants, the fog and the fire.

Fishtales:Good collection of different gemstones and nicely lit.

Mermaid010: Nice background for an animation. I am anxious to see your dolphins swim.

Roland4: Your gold bars do just look real, but unfortunately they are not, if so Bryce users would get rich easily. :)

Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
    edited December 1969

My first image, i create after i look the videos from Bryce 7.1 Pro Golden Lighting.

Wonderland1.jpg
    500 x 500 - 264K
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,538
    edited December 1969

@Pam - I'll never become a grandma but as an ersatz I'm a grandpa, trice.

@Roland4 - very nicely done.

I've also played around a bit with some terrains. Just the same terrain with three different resolutions and materials applied stacked and a sky dome HDRI for the sky and ambient light. Key light is by the sun.

ForkedValley.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 303K
    edited October 2014

This is the same scene but without HDRI. I think it looks better and you can see the waterfall in the background.

Wonderland2a.jpg
    500 x 500 - 363K
    edited December 1969

Horo said:

I've also played around a bit with some terrains. Just the same terrain with three different resolutions and materials applied stacked and a sky dome HDRI for the sky and ambient light. Key light is by the sun.

Your images looks always very good and it seems you be a profi. Ich can not so good with HDRI and i can not understand it correctly.

edited December 1969

Horo said:

This is 3 generations of my family from left Amy (the new mum) Amanda (my D-I-L and Grandma to the new baby) Ashley, with her new niece) and Alyss. I am Grandma to Ashley, Amy and Alyss.

all.jpg
    720 x 405 - 39K
    edited December 1969

Nice baby and nice family, congratulate.

edited December 1969

Roland4 said:
    Horo said:

Your images looks always very good and it seems you be a profi. Ich can not so good with HDRI and i can not understand it correctly.

Don't give up on the HDRI Roland4. I couldn't get my head around its use either then, after moving sliders around to see what effect it would have, moving the sun, shutting the sun off; moving the terrain; changing the camera angles etc., just generally messing about I began to see where it was effective and where not; what textures were good and which not; when to have the sun low, high, in front or to the side; changing the colour of the sun; how the strength in combination to the sun and the sky can effect the look, even changing the radius of the HDRI and lowering or raising the effect can make a big difference. There is a lot to it and I am not the best at it by any means but just occasionally it comes out just right and the scene looks 'real' rather than flat and washed out.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Horo said:

This is 3 generations of my family from left Amy (the new mum) Amanda (my D-I-L and Grandma to the new baby) Ashley, with her new niece) and Alyss. I am Grandma to Ashley, Amy and Alyss.

All those women, it must be a nightmare for the men in your life when they all get together. Congratulations on the latest one :-)

edited December 1969

Fishtales said:
    chohole said:
    Horo said:

All those women, it must be a nightmare for the men in your life when they all get together. Congratulations on the latest one :-)

Yes My eldest had 3 daughters and just one son, My younger son has 2 daughters and 2 sons. The great grandchildren so far are one of each.

However as some are in Ireland (the ones in the photo and their younger brother plus my younger son and his youngest daughter), my younger son's eldest 3 live in England and I live in Wales, family gatherings tend to be few and far between I am afraid.

edited October 2014

With a little more color and variety. I call the picture a secret place.

Wonderland2b2.jpg
    500 x 500 - 230K
    Wonderland2b.jpg
    500 x 500 - 241K
    edited December 1969

@chohole

You are to be envied, with such a large family. The only family I've had, consisted of me and my puppy.

edited December 1969

... and last September I became a great grandma :-)

Before that, were you just a mediocre grandma? :lol:

Mediocre - no way, I was and still an awesome brycing grandma. ;)

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Roland4 said:

Welcome to Great grandma-hood. I just got my 2nd great grandchild. (2 different Grandaughters are the Mums)

It is really a blessing to see one's great grandchildren, thanks for sharing your lovely family with us.

edited December 1969

Horo said:

@mermaid010 - ah, the rainbow is seldom used.

Actually I didn’t use the rainbow, I was playing with the sun/moon roller ball on one of the preset skies and at one point the rainbow appeared, and I went for it.

The landscape render is awesome, very photo-realistic.

Mermaid010: Nice background for an animation. I am anxious to see your dolphins swim.

Not swimming, bouncing a ball.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/504192120757334815/

More of my animation trial and errors can be found here : http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/45629/

Roland – the landscapes are very nice, I especially like the last one. I also don’t understand how the Hdri or anything in Bryce really works, I just play with the controls and sometimes I end up with something right and sometimes something just nice. ;)

edited December 1969

Roland – the landscapes are very nice, I especially like the last one. I also don’t understand how the Hdri or anything in Bryce really works, I just play with the controls and sometimes I end up with something right and sometimes something just nice. ;)

Thanks mermaid, a real place like this I have seen in my life.

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

So much to reply to

Elvis: Great looking space scene. Looks professional.

RedRex
    use a darker color for the specular halo and the result of the shine will be less distributed and uniform which will make the gem appear to shine more strongly. Otherwise, it is a very very nice looking gem.

Roland:
    You are seriously on FIRE. Those gems look wonderful, in particular the necklaces. I've really enjoyed watching your studies unfold, do keep it up!!

Horo:
    Really nice landscape, and the lighting goes very well with the sky.

Fishtales:
    You too are doing incredible work all around. Wow. Keep it up please.

I'm still around, just not as active as I'd like to be. I'm currently learning Octane and hope soon to be back to doing what I always do which is pick apart better engines for tricks I can use in Bryce. I already have a new thing in mind regarding using negative lights to get better looking illumination from shaded areas. I hope to have some experiments to share soon.

Keep it up all of you and for those I didn't mention I'm just too jealous to say anything, just know that the work you are doing as a group is top notch.

edited December 1969

Roland:
    You are seriously on FIRE. Those gems look wonderful, in particular the necklaces. I've really enjoyed watching your studies unfold, do keep it up!!

Thanks for the compliment Rashad, but I must now necessarily take a break, because I can see no more gold and no diamonds in the moment.

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859
    edited December 1969

a new addition :)

Terrain3.jpg
    1194 x 563 - 146K
    edited December 1969

a new addition :)

Wow, which software you use for the Terrain ? Geocontrol or World Machine ?

edited December 1969

I want create a horror scene and this is the beginn from the horror.

Horror1.jpg
    500 x 500 - 145K
    edited December 1969

Tim Bateman

Nice scene. The mountain shape reminds me of Ben Lomond here in Scotland.

Roland4

Nice start. That looks very promising.

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859
    edited December 1969

@Rloand- i used world machine to generate the height map

@Fishtales- thanks :)

thought i would add this also :)

War_1.jpg
    1194 x 563 - 108K
This discussion has been closed.