Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 8

Comments

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

Cheers, Stuart...and for the link, too - I never guessed to what my own 1s and 0s might spell in the render. I just put them in arbitrarily, so, luckily, they don't spell anything, as it would have been a laugh if they read rude or offensive ;)

Cheers, too, Roland...and love the baubles and treasure chest. A Fabergé egg might look nice for a future project?

Thanks again, Guss.

Jay

• Roland4Roland4 Posts: 0
    edited October 2014

Jamahoney said:
    A Fabergé egg might look nice for a future project?

Thanks Jamahoney, what is a Fabergé egg ? I dont understand it.

Post edited by Roland4 on
  • Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859
    edited December 1969

@Roland- a Fabergé egg is just a jewel'd egg....like this :)

Tsarevich_(Fabergé_egg)-crop.jpg
    605 x 727 - 340K
    edited October 2014

"...what is a Fabergé egg?"

Heh he, not a James Bond fan then ;) They are jewelled eggs - below, just a few images I picked off the 'net. For more on Fabergé, see this Wikipedia link.

Jay

Edit: Ooops, Tim got in before me.

FabergeEggs.jpg
    984 x 464 - 424K
    Post edited by Jamahoney on
    edited December 1969

lol...sorry :)

edited October 2014

A interesting future project with many work and many poligons.

edited December 1969

a bit of fun for today :)

terrian.jpg
    1194 x 563 - 173K
    Coast_1.jpg
    1194 x 563 - 167K
    edited December 1969

a bit of fun for today :)

The first picture is simply stunning.

edited December 1969

@ Roland - thank you :)

edited October 2014

Jamahoney said:
    A Fabergé egg might look nice for a future project?

The Fabergé egg project can beginn.

EasterEgg1.jpg
    500 x 500 - 121K
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,538
    edited October 2014

@Roland4 - thank you. The gorge looks nice as it is with the chest. Nice start with the Fabergé egg. Now the hard work begins.

@Jay - the Two Fibres look really great.

@Jamie - thank you.

@Tim - nice results of your fun.

Post edited by Horo on
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @Roland4 - thank you. The gorge looks nice as it is with the chest. Nice start with the Fabergé egg. Now the hard work begins.

Thanks Horo, i'm always happy when someone has an idea for me, because my ideas are less in the moment.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,389
    edited December 1969

Tim Bateman – all your renders are beautiful, the lighting perfect.

Roland – the horror scenes are nice, I especially like the one post #478 the close-up of the box. The Fabergé egg is looking nice.

Guss- Thanks. Like the pumpkin render, should be scary but this one looks so cute.

Jay – nice fibre renders

Horo – beautiful pics of Leukerbad / Loèche les bains , did you ever walk over that bridge, looks very scary. The landscape render is beautiful.

David – thanks for the new tutorial

A fun experiment playing with Lens and Filters on a simple scene. Still trying to make nice landscapes, seascapes. Horo/David can you tell which filters I used, I used two of them

dayatthebeach.jpg
    900 x 675 - 56K
    edited December 1969

Horo – beautiful pics of Leukerbad / Loèche les bains , did you ever walk over that bridge, looks very scary. The landscape render is beautiful.

Horo/David can you tell which filters I used, I used two of them

Thank you. Sure, I made the photos. I even led an international group through there 2 years ago. I'd like to do a panorama but the catwalks are not stable and swing around a bit.

Dirt filter for sure, and probably the lens flare one. Cool render in any case.

edited December 1969

Roland – the horror scenes are nice, I especially like the one post #478 the close-up of the box. The Fabergé egg is looking nice.

Thanks mermaid, but if the Fabergé egg is ready i can first show it on 5. April 2015.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,105
    edited December 1969

Fish Eye Lens.

Well not quite. I thought I would see if I could simulate the effect you get from viewing through a fish eye lens. Not true to life but it worked in that the verticals around the edge bent in :)

fish-eye-simulation.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 403K
    edited December 1969

@ Mermaid - thank you, i appreciate that very much :)

edited December 1969

Cheers, Mermaid...and lovin the beach scene - I could do with some beachieness as the weather here has been horrible with rain, wind and whatnots...sigh, it started out so nice.

Jay

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,895
    edited December 1969

@Tim Bateman: several wonderful scenes. Great light too, specifically in the one with the fog. Nice coins too.

@Roland4: Still more wonderful jewelry. Luckily, I can afford some digital bling! And nice scene with look through the rocks, lovely.

@RexRed: great stone!

@mx42b: nice to see such wonderful fantasyscene from you!

@Fishtales: great, more bling! and wonderful landscape too.

@Horo: Your landscapes are still fantastic!

@chohole: congrats on your great-grandchild. What a wonderful ladies your family has!

@mermaid010, also a great grandma? Wow, you and chohole really make me feel very young (not close to grandpa at all, as far as I know); thanks! ;)

@Jamahoney: great fibres!

@David Brinnen: can I 3D-print that gold? I'll be not just young, but rich as well!

@GussNemo: Good use of ivy again in your all hallow's eve render!

Finally, something new from me. It started out as an abstract, until I decided to enter a spaceship. Now it is a landing platform, I guess. The spaceship is M45 from Mihnea Dimitru that came with one of my Bryce versions.

scifiabstract.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 831K
    edited December 1969

something to kill some time this morning :)

Peaks_and_grass.jpg
    1194 x 563 - 186K
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,969
    edited December 1969

something to kill some time this morning :)

wow , great way to k ill time

edited December 1969

@ Head Wax - thanks :)

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Tim Bateman: You sure get some nice results having fun and killing time.

@mermaid: Thank you. Yeah, scary is in this time of year but I didn't feel it when I created the pumpkin. Nice beach camping image.

@Sandy: Interesting results.

@hansmar: Thanks. I've found using ivy spruces up a scene just a wee bit. Plus, I'm still learning how to use the program. I also need to remember not every scene needs ivy. Nice turn around from an abstract. It's interesting how we can begin in one direction and end up going in another direction. Especially if the results are pleasing.

edited December 1969

and here's another one for the day :)

Canyon_Cliffs.jpg
    1194 x 563 - 299K
    edited December 1969

@Sandy - nice try on the lens effect.

@hansmar - landing platform is an interesting construct.

@Tim - time-killer and another-for-the-day landscapes look great.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,105
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @Sandy - nice try on the lens effect.

It was just something I thought I would try. I took a sphere, flattened it, copied it, moved the copy back slightly, used positive, negative and hid the rear copy to try and get a concave side to the 'lens', added a clear crystal volume texture and placed the 'lens' at the camera origin and resized it so that the camera looked through it. It took a lot more trial and error before I got it that far and it doesn't work if it is moved away from the camera or the camera parameters are changed or there aren't any tall structures at the edges of the scene. It isn't something I would use just an experiment to see if it would work :)

edited December 1969

Horo said:

Horo/David can you tell which filters I used, I used two of them

Thank you. Sure, I made the photos. I even led an international group through there 2 years ago. I'd like to do a panorama but the catwalks are not stable and swing around a bit.

Dirt filter for sure, and probably the lens flare one. Cool render in any case.

A panorama would have been nice.

Actually I used three filters, the dirt, lens flare and the warm red. ;)

• franontheedgefranontheedge Posts: 342
    edited December 1969

Been deeply embroiled in paving over my parents garden. Just about done now. And my spare time can once again be given over to Bryce rather than lugging around buckets of concrete.

Since I saw a lot of gold things, I thought a video on gold would not be unwelcome. And it gives me a chance to trial out a musical bed provided by my friend Loopcycle.

Bryce Gold material setup - by David Brinnen

Thank you so very very much for still having the tutorial without the music available.

I have nothing against music as such, and in general. But tastes in music are very subjective, by that I mean that what is one person's deepest delight can also be someone else's cause for a headache.
    And the trouble with music on a tutorial is that it takes away from the voice of the tutor.
    And if you are trying to concentrate and understand what the voice is saying, then having another sound (possibly irritating and grating on your nerves) playing at the same time - can really ruin everything.

I have made a couple of video tutorials myself and I often worry about the music, so I try to make sure that when I'm using music, then it only plays when I'm not speaking, or is at least turned down to almost nothing while I speak. I've tried not using music at all but then there are long stretches where there's no sound at all - especially if I'm showing a procedure but have speeded up the video so as not to bore people with repetitive actions unnecessarily, yet still showing the whole thing.

But you have to speak almost all the time in your tutorials, David, because you are doing a lot of very complex stuff, that really NEEDS the vocal explanation.
    For me to get at least close to understanding it anyway.

I have also noticed in this tutorial that you are getting a bit faster when you are going over stuff in the mat lab - your particular area of expertise, but I start getting a bit panicky when you race over things so much.

Otherwise a very excellent tutorial, much appreciated, thank you so much for posting it.
    (especially the voice only version!)

and in order to remain on topic, here's a render of a river scene, to remind me of our wonderful holiday on the Norfolk Broads, our first for 10 years:

RiverBure10.jpg
    1120 x 865 - 971K
    edited October 2014

Thanks Horo, Jay and Guss

Fishtales-nice sort of fish lens effect. Thanks for your explanation on how you did it

Hansmar – the abstract turned space platform looks awesome

Tim Bateman – once again the renders are outstanding.

Edited: Franontheedge - beautiful river scene.

Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited October 2014

and in order to remain on topic, here's a render of a river scene, to remind me of our wonderful holiday on the Norfolk Broads, our first for 10 years:

Lovely image. I love the Norfolk broads, but haven't been there for ages. I seem to remember that the last time we were there a whole group opf us from our reenactment society took a trip on the paddle steamer (Horning). We all went dressed in our reenactment finery (Johnny Rebs and Billy Yanks, plus Southern Belles) was great fun.

Post edited by Chohole on
This discussion has been closed.