Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 8

Comments

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,105
    edited February 2015

The broken link happens with a space in the link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cmgtlwldite41ik/cottage house.rar
    ..................................................................Here ^

You should always fill spaces with a hyphen or underscore. The same happens with control characters such as ?,! or #.
    The only way these links will work is to highlight the whole address then copy and paste it into the browser.

Post edited by Fishtales on
  • c-ramc-ram Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the useful trick Fishtales!

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,538
    edited February 2015

Thanks for the tip, Sandy, I should have discovered it myself. More thanks go to c-ram for the cottage. Copy the link below and

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cmgtlwldite41ik/cottageABChouse.rar

replace "ABC" with A=%, B=2, C=0. This forum software converts this automatically to a white space, even in code-mode. Then copy it into the address field of the browser.
    Post edited by Horo on
  • Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859
    edited December 1969

thank you for the tip Horo and Fishtales ...it works fine for me now :)

also thank you C-ram for sharing the cottage and Windmill :)

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@dragonfall: I like the scene with TA on since it really perks up the sky and gives more definition to the objects in the scene.

@Horo: Another nifty looking scene. Adding the buildings really give a sense of depth to the scene.

@Tim: Gorgeous key, and I love the texture of the background.

@Dan: Great model, works well with the terrain and water. Nice work.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,389
    edited December 1969

Dragonfall – both are nice although still on the dark side. Maybe you can brighten the moon using Dave’s The Moon tutorial

Horo- excellent landscape.

Tim –nice model and render.

Dan - cool model and landscape. Thanks for the link for the textures.

C-ram – thanks for the models. Love the cottage render at Deviantart – it’s stunning, beautiful, full of details.

More kaleidoscopes. Here are two renders using an Hdri from the gemstone pack. For the 1st one I used Horo’s method of combining a TA render with an IBL render.

kal2c.jpg
    850 x 850 - 176K
    kal01b.jpg
    850 x 850 - 82K
    edited December 1969

@Jamie - thank you. It looked a bit empty and then I remembered c-ram and his barns.

@mermaid010 - thank you. Very nice kaleidoscopes.

Here's another stacked terrain lit by the sun and ambient with an HDRI that also provides the clouds.

Dreary.jpg
    1000 x 563 - 116K
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited February 2015

Here’s another stacked terrain lit by the sun and ambient with an HDRI that also provides the clouds.

A serious, WOW - 'natural' composition.

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • A3DLoverA3DLover Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

Some nice renders, occasionally i still model render but my pc is a p4 1.8gh so basically my android is 20x faster than my current rig,lol. Bryce Hex Carrara for droid coming soon?
    Anyway done with Bryce 7.1 dogwaffle 3.5

02_07_15_c.jpg
    1280 x 768 - 390K
  • Peter FulfordPeter Fulford Posts: 1,325
    edited December 1969

Horo said:

Here's another stacked terrain lit by the sun and ambient with an HDRI that also provides the clouds.

Really super Bryce image, Horo; a lovely balance of light and atmosphere combined with a well chosen soft shadow level that together give the terrain a majestic scale.

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 870
    edited December 1969

Really super Bryce image, Horo; a lovely balance of light and atmosphere combined with a well chosen soft shadow level that together give the terrain a majestic scale.

I fully agree with Peter concerning Horo's picture. One of my favourite terrains I have seen so far. BTW Peter, that is a helpful little hint you gave with the soft shadow. I never thought about that. Many thanks.
    edited December 1969

I take no credit here with using Stonemason's Street Asia wonderful model, which I had completely forgotton about. Working on it passed a few hours in relaxation...you creative lot know what I mean, of course.

Title:The Yellow River

Jay

YellowRiver.jpg
    1500 x 748 - 924K
    edited December 1969

@mermaid: Lovely images. I particularly like the contrast of color in the first one.

@Horo: Another stunning scene. Besides what's already been said, I like the bit of clouds added to what could have been a rather boring sky. A lot of time just a little of something really adds to a scene

@A3DLover: That's a neat looking scene.

@Jay: Nice composition. I almost burst a gut when I saw the title, and thought about the author of that title, I pea freely.:lol:

edited December 1969

@Jay - thank you. I used Street of Asia several times, it is a beautiful prop from Stefan - though all his props are awesome. Very nice angle of view.

@A3DLover - interesting.

@Peter - thank you, you make me :red:

@electro-elvis - thank you.

@Jamie - thank you.

Here's an alien world, a bit garish, but that's how this world is. Again stacked terrains and an HDRI for ambient and backdrop. From our Space Construction Set, I used a starfield and two distant lights as suns. The Bryce sun is only used to mix the haze with it.

Arcland.jpg
    900 x 600 - 166K
    edited February 2015

...I pea freely.

Heh he, Guss...know what you mean, but I usually pass pee :lol:

Horo, super spacey scene...that's my wallpaper sorted (right-click/set as background) for the week.

Jay

edited December 1969

Another lot of great renders, especially that one of your's Horo.

Looking through some of my terrains I came on this one which looked like it could take a waterfall. I have some object files from Awesome Valley for waterfalls so picked a suitable one and did a couple of renders just changing some parameters on the material on each. The first two are Super and the last Premium all taking approx 2 hours to render.

Snowy Waterfall

snow-waterfall-003.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 552K
    snow-waterfall-002.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 611K
    snow-waterfall-001.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 563K
  • Old StuffOld Stuff Posts: 15
    edited February 2015

@A3DLover & @mermaid010 the more i see these abstracts thee more it makes me want to start experimenting with lights and mirrors and stuff. I think David had a couple tutorials on abstracts, but here there other sources you used to start tinkering? Great vivid images!

@Horo I swear your HDRIs always come out looking so damn realistic. Im just cracking the surface of lighting, my next project is to take a better look at lighting in general as it really is a critical element of design in general

@Fishtails those are nice renders. The perception of snow is really distinct. It looks like the haze is possibly over powering the field of view? Might just be my monitor settings though.

Ok, I promise this will be the last post from this scene, as its mostly done conceptually. Any more detail I throw at it, Bryce wants to throw a tantrum lol

4 separate views from within the same object. Only cheating i had to do was photochopping the outside scene into the window spaces. because the overall scene was getting too large.

Someone had the constructive criticism that theres no way they would work with a window behind them, any ideas like that, functionality, Im totally open to. As to blemishes and breaks, theres so many lol Im not worried about them, its pretty and made me happy to get out and done.

4_-_elpQTbM.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 350K
    3_-_xYGz5di.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 312K
    2_-_2yNRM1Z.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 289K
    1_-_vhRxHeb.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 311K
    Post edited by Old Stuff on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,895
    edited December 1969

I've been away for a few weeks, partly due to illness and partly on a work assignment far away from home and without my laptop.
    I did see lots of great renders again. Marvelous still lifes and kaleidoscopes and landscapes and too much.

This is just a first render of something I started weeks ago. I don't know what I was thinking, putting that strange upside down cone in there! Horrible! I do like the rest of the render though, specifically the dotted background. To be honest, I don't even remember how that came to pass and I changed the file substantially afterwards. Maybe I'll put up a very different version later (or elsewhere).

I call it 'butterfly'

butterfly1.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 1M
  • Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 509
    edited February 2015

Hey, everybody. I, too, have been out far too long. Threw this one together this afternoon.

Products used:

A ready to render (RTR) scene from this product.

David and Horo's Small World

Various trees by me and others and the wood chopping prop:

Clay's Trees
    David and Horo's Vegetation
    Wood Chopping Kit

and to provide a little extra interest to the "floor" of the RTR and give the appearance of detritus, I used several copies of a terrain from here:
    Seamless Texture Mix 2 I sculpted a number of the outer edge terrains so that the seam between the floor and sphere of the RTR wouldn't be as noticeable. Hopefully, I accomplished that goal.

Thanks for looking.

Art

EDIT: Oops, I see a seam that needs to be fixed. Will repost a corrected one later.
    EDIT 2: Fixed one, found another. It stays as it is! :D LOL

SmallWorldForest.jpg
    1280 x 719 - 1019K
    Post edited by Fencepost52 on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,389
    edited December 1969

Thanks Horo, Guss and DaemonKnight

Horo- Another beautiful render with stacked terrains. Love the space scene too

A3DLover – cool starburst effect

Jay – very nice render, love the foreground tree

Sandy – the snowy/ice renders are cool, like the 1st one more.

DaemonKnight – awesome renders, my fav the 2nd one

Hansmar – really nice render, I like the background too.

Art – beautiful render.

Two surreal renders. I started with a sky from Lisa LeBel sky collection. For the 1st one I used an Hdri of one of my renders and in the second one the Oxygene Hdri from Cris333.

surreal3.jpg
    960 x 600 - 116K
    surreal2.jpg
    960 x 600 - 82K
    edited December 1969

Sandy – the snowy/ice renders are cool, like the 1st one more.

Two surreal renders. I started with a sky from Lisa LeBel sky collection. For the 1st one I used an Hdri of one of my renders and in the second one the Oxygene Hdri from Cris333.

So do I :-) I feel there is more texture in the rocks and the 'stream' looks better.

Your renders have a very 'Aurora Borealis' look to them. Well done>

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Thanks Stuart... It looks great as your stuff always does.

The free Rose from X-Frog.

Rose.jpg
    975 x 975 - 219K
    edited February 2015

Art (what an appropriate name ;)) that’s a super work...would love to see a version where sunlight is striking through the trees and then onto the leafy floor/logs etc.

Thanks, Mermaid, and love your latest surreal works...you are the master of such, me thinks.

I thought this time I would use Stonemason’s Street Asia model in context – Lara Croft and Villain – both mods, I think, I got from this model site (some time ago, so not quite sure).

Title: Trouble in Chinatown

Jay
    PS. All the action happens on the bridge ;)

TroubleInChinatown.jpg
    1400 x 780 - 1M
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Nice to see everyone has been busy. Which is not to say that I've not been busy. Tuesday me and my trailer when to a near by village to raid a skip for wood. Today I've spent some time cutting it up. Me and the dog are warm again! Otherwise, it's been mostly the trials of UV mapping. Modeling is not so bad. Modo makes life easier than Wings for this kind of thing. Wings can do things Modo can't do easily, but Modo is better for more ambitious projects. I'll get around to those later hopefully. But for today, mercifully for my poor brains, back in Bryce and liberated from the tyranny of the UV map (I am not making this up - I have had more than one poor night sleep dreaming I am UV mapping the same bit of geometry over and over again). So, to my Bryce render, features a new space cloud backdrop by Horo and myself and a little rocket ship which was loosely based on Buck Rodgers, Flash Gordon, Captain Proton and Futurama designs.

Rendered in front of a lens as per this video. The "magical" space compression lens system - by David Brinnen

Rocket_ship2.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 617K
  • Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 509
    edited February 2015

Thanks Jay and Mermaid for the feedback and nice work to the both of you. Here's a modified scene with the sun shining more through the trees and dappling the ground and logs. Great suggestion, Jay.

Nice job, David Brinnen. I'm assuming you're referring to your dreams as trying to UV map the spaceship? Yes, I've had similar problems with dreams and graphics.

Also uploaded two shapes renders using a material from David and Horo's Practical Bryce 7.1.

The one with the lighter floor and sharper reflections was done with Obscure Lighting and a medium quality HDRI. The other used premium effects rendering with a specular convolved HDRI.

DodecahedronExtrudePearlescentPaint.jpg
    700 x 700 - 414K
    DodecahedronExtrudePearlescentPaintOL.jpg
    700 x 700 - 471K
    SmallWorldForest1.jpg
    1280 x 719 - 1M
    Post edited by Fencepost52 on
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Thanks Jay and Mermaid for the feedback and nice work to the both of you. Here's a modified scene with the sun shining more through the trees and dappling the ground and logs. Great suggestion, Jay.

Nice job, David Brinnen. I'm assuming you're referring to your dreams as trying to UV map the spaceship? Yes, I've had similar problems with dreams and graphics.

Also uploaded two shapes renders using a material from David and Horo's Practical Bryce 7.1.

The one with the lighter floor and sharper reflections was done with Obscure Lighting and a medium quality HDRI. The other used premium effects rendering with a specular convolved HDRI.

Great renders! All top quality stuff. If there were any woods around here though I'd be raiding them for firewood! Actually the UV mapping was a rather more complex object. At some point I'll get some Bryce renders done. But for now. More retro space action!

Rocket_ship5.jpg
    850 x 850 - 521K
    Rocket_ship4.jpg
    850 x 850 - 368K
    edited February 2015

@Jay - thank you, I never thought it would be so popular. Another great scene on the streets of Asia. I should take it out again and play around with it. But I have so many of Stonemason's props I haven't even used yet.

@Sandy - great waterfalls, the first is definitely the best because the snow is not completely white.

@DaemonKnight - thank you, most HDRIs are made from real photographs but there are also others. Yes, lighting is key and can also be nicely done without HDRI with all the new fancy light sources we've got with Bryce 7.1. Your room looks exciting, quite a bit of work went into it, I'm sure.

@hansmar - I really like what you've done here. I don't know what it is, but it is very pleasing to the eye.

@Art - very nice use of the HDRI. The second one does look better with the sun shining through the foliage. The shape renders look just great. The first is my favorite, but not at a long shot.

@mermaid010 - very nice surreal renders. I tend to prefer the second.

@Dave - ah, I also considered getting the free rose but shied from all the fuss to make it look good in Bryce (being busy with other Bryce work). Yours came out excellent.

@David - first render is very special, novel look, I like the idea and the result. The second one shows the ship nicely, very colourful backdrop. The one with the ringed sun is also very special and proves that space is a weird place.

Here's a render using exactly the same HDRI at almost the same orientation, but the specular convolved one. It is rendered as backdrop but the HDRI is in the basket and shines through the holes. The ground plane is reflective and partly transparent with Refraction lowered to 75 and this makes the dark ring.

BasketOfLight.jpg
    640 x 800 - 97K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited December 1969

@Horo: Wonderful looking space scene. And what marvelous results in the last image, very colorful.

@Sandy: Those are really nice scenes. My favorite, though, is the first because of the coloring added to the rocks.

@DaemonKnight: Great interiors, especially the ones with the trees. All have nice detail.

@hansmar: Neat image, real nice texture on the background.

@mermaid: Love the results of your surreal images. Both are very colorful.

@Dave: Nice looking rose image.

@Jay: That is a nice composition.

@David: Great looking results, especially your last ones.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,895
    edited December 1969

@fencepost52: really nice landscape. certainly the second one. I also like the renders of the strange pipeconnections. I like the first one better, because the underground has more visible texture.

@mermaid010: very nice surreal renders. I prefer the second one, due to the colours in the water and the starfield. And thanks; indeed, background is nice.

@TheSavage64: that rose looks really very good!

@Jamahoney: great render. Good use of the props.

@David Brinnen: wonderful series of rocket renders.

@Horo: great render. No clue what it is, but it looks interesting. I made the thingies with multireplicated metaballs. The one on the right made me think of a butterfly.

@GussNemo: Thanks

I think I do remember that I the background is caused by partial transparency of the thingies and the light falls onto a sphere or something. I did not save the Bryce file as such, but made multiple changes. The totally different version is rendering now. It contains more elements such as butterflies and reeds and maybe even pollen. All dancing in the wind with a strange background. We have to be patient. Maybe I can post it tomorrow.

edited December 1969

Cheers, Horo, Guss. and Hansmar.

Art, that looks brilliant...love the light on the blocks.

Jay

This discussion has been closed.