Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 9

Comments

• Wow.. Quite a few nice renders.

@Dave, I loved those dragons!

@David Yet another fantastic video.

No render from me just yet, this time of year is always the busiest.

I was very sorry to read about your losses, Pam.

• Rembrandt_2647480Rembrandt_2647480 Posts: 113
    edited May 2016
    Rembrandt said:
    Whoops..did it again.

Post edited by Rembrandt_2647480 on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,392
    edited May 2016

Hansmar –thanks

Horo- thanks. Love the Bulges

Stills using Horo’s Hdris RainClouds and SunSet. The Objects are freebies

enhanced10.jpg
    500 x 500 - 62K
    enhanced18.jpg
    500 x 500 - 34K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • S RayS Ray Posts: 399
    edited May 2016

Found this on an old CD one of my first after upgrading to Bryce 5

ThingsToDo.jpg
    800 x 600 - 63K
    Post edited by S Ray on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,542
    edited May 2016

Mermaid - thank you. Beautiful flowers, the floor fits excellently. The wooden figures are very nice, too.

S Ray - great old render.

Another stacked terrain, a fog-patched cube and the Morning Clouds HDRI enhanced sky.

Fog in Vales

FogInVales.jpg
    1200 x 713 - 216K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,895
    edited May 2016

@cyberjym: Thanks. What an extended scene you have there. Must have been a lot of work. Not having seen Bryce canyon myself, it is difficult to judge. The photo by sriesch shows there is quite some greenery, that would make the render more interesting.

@Horo: Wonderful play of light. Great background surface.

@mermaid010: I like your two renders. The leaves of the plant are a bit low poly. Maybe they could be smoothed a little?

@S Ray: Old one is still very beautiful!

@Horo: Lovely mountain render.

I started out making a volumetric cloud slab. Then a terrain (two, actually) and then I decided to put some elements in there, which look somehow natural, though they are StructureSynth(esized).

In the end, you can hardly see that the cloud is a volumetric slab. I just took many hours to render.

I did like the original render, but tried 'automatic clever repair' (or whatever it is called in the English version) of PS Elements. And since I really like strong contrasts, I decided to use this version. The sky, by the way, was a very blue colour in the original version too and that was on purpose. Unfortunately, there is still quite some visible banding. I should have watched David's tutorial again to know how to prevent this.

It's 'on the beach'.

ON THE BEACH.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    Post edited by Hansmar on
  • SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    S Ray said:

Found this on an old CD one of my first after upgrading to Bryce 5

S Ray excellent lighting with soft shadows.

edited May 2016

Hansmar - thank you. The Structure Synth's objects look cool. Though I don't see a lot, volumetric clouds banding is countered by increasing quality, which unfortunately also increases render time.

Here's another stacked terrain render, the same as above but from another location and different materials. The sky features the HeavyClouds HDRI from the upcoming HDRI Enhanced Skies set. The camera looks through the EWL (extreme wide-angle fisheye lens).

Trenches

Trenches.jpg
    1200 x 773 - 244K
    Post edited by Horo on

SRay – very nice render, beautiful lighting.

Horo – both your renders are great.

Hansmar – thanks. Very nice render, I like the beach mat.

• c-ramc-ram Posts: 376
    edited May 2016

@Mermaid : thank you! Your rainy lanscape is looking good.

@Horo : nice staked terrains scenes, hdri provides a great lightning.

Some new screen shots of my wip, I have resize the Eiffel tower and finally decide to put a barge on my dock. I've modeled it with wings3d.I have also put some lowpoly characters on the right docks.

There's so much thing to add in this scene but I am far from Bryce limits (about 1,5gb in terms of memory usage). Now I have got to work on the left side of the picture... what about a restaurant on the foreground? And maybe a little character on a bike running into the background.. some swans here and there..

barge.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Paris34.jpg
    1740 x 580 - 857K
    Post edited by c-ram on

@Horo: Thanks. Yes, I know about the quality, but I did not want to prolong the render time too much. Wonderful material on your new terrain and that sky looks really good!

@c-ram: Wonderful barge. Very well made. Good POV for the barge too. Just some elements to the left and your fantastic image is all done. Doesn't need too much. Some parisiennes strolling in their summer dress, maybe?

edited May 2016

And another render is finished.

The curly things all around the building (glasshouse?) are made in StructureSynth again. Lady is a morphed version of Genesis (2, I think) with clothes made in Marvelous Designer (old version). Plants are from X-frog. Lamps from Archive-3d.net. Rest is Bryce.

glasshouse.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    Post edited by Hansmar on

Thank you Hansmar. I need to had a lot of elements because like my previous picture "Rendez-vous", I'd like to be close to reality. I'm adding some swans right now and, yes there are very nice!

Aye, Parisiennes in summer dress.. good idea!! Perhaps a woman dressed in red on the bike.. and a second one walking near of the restaurant..

C-ram – Thanks, your Paris scene is magnificent.

Hansmar – The greenhouse is very nicely done. You are making nice objects with Structure Synth

• Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 509
    edited May 2016

Hello, fellow Brycer's!  Been awhile since I've been on the forums to post, but I have been trolling regulary.  Lots of awesome, inspirational works being presented.  @Chohole, so sorry to hear about the sadness hitting your life. Praying you'll be able to have peace during these difficult times.

Here's a few renders from me. Nothing special, just something to keep from losing my Bryce skills.

Have a great day.

Islands_2_4.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 954K
    SunriseSunset1.jpg
    1000 x 650 - 441K
    Seminoles3.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M
    Spartans4.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 580K
    Post edited by Fencepost52 on
    edited May 2016

Highland2.jpg
    1400 x 933 - 960K
    Post edited by Fencepost52 on
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited May 2016

Like you, fencepost52, I, too, am a 'kind-of-lurker' - viewing always the submitted renders (at the moment, too busy editing a third book about the Moon). BUT, I have to comment here on your two renders; as they simply are excellent (in the first beach scene etc., I was looking for some islanders walking along the shore :), in the yellow sunshine one, characters, too). Don't take this as criticism (just preference).

Can't comment on the latter two - being a European and such; but they look 'awesome' (as you Americans might sometimes say:)). Context, is sometimes essential, relevant...not only with these works, but, perhaps (high-lighted?) in others, as they give perspective. In all, I love the low-sun view,

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
    edited May 2016
    Jamahoney said:

Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

Nice coastline scene!

Mermaid - thank you.

c-ram - thank you. Great barge model.

Hansmar - hey, that's a cool idea to use some Structure Synth shapes. Very well done.

Fencepost - great renders, all of them, W-island came out particularly nice.

Thanks for the comments, everyone!

@Jamahoney: That's one thing I'm not really good about is having the patience to add characters and other "contextual" objects to the scene.  Sometimes, time is so limited I just want to render something and be done with it, but I do agree that additions can really put things into perspective and I'm going to try and do that more.

@Horo:  I knew you would recognize that place!

Art

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited May 2016

Very taken with the atmospheric landscapes from Horo and Art,  so much so that I was moved to make one of my own for today.

Using one of Horo's HDRIenhanced skies and a modified terrain from the High Resolution Terrain set 2 with a material from set 1.  Priemum effects render 64 rpp, blured reflections and soft shadows.

Abrycesunsettoday1.jpg
    1700 x 850 - 487K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on

Yeah, Fencepost, on the character thingy...it's another area to explore - they're useful, sometimes, I suppose, for giving a sense-of-scale'.

Gordeous, David...reminds me of a lakeside I once camped next to...the sun was set, and the colours mesmerising. Got a great sleep that night, but woken early by swans :)

Jay

@Fencepost52: Wonderful renders. Doesn't look like losing skills at all!

@David Brinnen: That's a great scene and spectacular lighting! Good use of blurred reflection too.

@Horo : thank you! My "Paris" render is going to reach the end soon..

@Fencepost52 : Nice to see you back! Your skill with bryce is always at the top, you've shown us some nice new renders!

@David : wow!! The lightning in your last landscape render is awesome.. the way it lits the rocks is realistic.

• vivienvivien Posts: 184

C-ram - Can't wait to see the final product. Amazing modelling and brilliantly put together. That is certainly an epic effort..... I take my hat off to you on the barge construction.

Mermaid - Gorgeous desert landscape, the clouds really suits it. and also the one with vegetation looks wonderful. The mountain reminds me a bit of the mountain in  1st encounter of the 3rd kind. Looking at your rain render. I think I should put the environment inclement weather in my shopping list. looks great.

David - Great tests of Horo's HDRI skies. Second mopped render is much improved. love the lighting and the tyres amendment. The reflection of the clouds in the water of your last post made me gasp..... beautiful

Horo - Love the colors and mood of the landscape using the Castillo del Diabolo. Certainly it needs to be clicked to appreciated. I love your stacked terrains

And the Pits terrain with the beautiful sun rays, would love to see the picks chopped off somehow and Machu Picchu terraces would emerge from the scene.

cyberjym - Good to see Bryce Canyon done in Bryce... I get the feeling I've been there. Every time I google a question about Bryce I seem to miss putting 3d and I get to see all the images of the natural place.

SRay - Great find. love the note of things to do

Hansmar - Nice render. I don't find the banding bad. The glasshouse looks good as well. good job on the curly bits.

Hi Art - So nice to see your excellent renders again..... The first one in particular.

David - great idea to use blurred reflections on the water. Looks incredibly good here.

vivien - thank you.

@Vivien : Thank you! I'm thinking about the way to publish my barge for free with a Dropbox link. I must find the time to do this! Right now my Paris scene is finish, I'm now rendering on my three machines and I will be proud to post it as soon as possible. Jumping on to the next project, I'm searching for a way to land several trees on some mountains because it's taking a while (about 8000 bryce trees). If anyone have got a trick or a hidden egg it will help me a lot, thanks in adance.
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited May 2016

c-ram said:
    @Vivien : Thank you! I'm thinking about the way to publish my barge for free with a Dropbox link. I must find the time to do this! Right now my Paris scene is finish, I'm now rendering on my three machines and I will be proud to post it as soon as possible. Jumping on to the next project, I'm searching for a way to land several trees on some mountains because it's taking a while (about 8000 bryce trees). If anyone have got a trick or a hidden egg it will help me a lot, thanks in adance.

@C-ram.  Landing... only think I can offer as an observation is this, I've noticed trees take longer to land than spheres.  So if you use the Edit shelf "convert selection to" option to exchanve trees for spheres, land them and then Edit shelf convert them back to trees, the landing will be faster.  But the trees will be default types.  Which may not be that helpful to you depending what you have in mind.

And while I am at it.  Here is a remix of my last image (thank you for your previous kind remarks) with a differert HDRIenhanced sky from Horo.

Abrycesunsettoday2.jpg
    1700 x 850 - 514K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
    edited May 2016

David - looking very nice, though less specular than the previous but then, such is naure and it changes during the day.

To get a bit away from landscapes I played a bit with the Fifty Funky Shapes (Link Infinity Loop and Moebius Infinity Loop) and lit it with specular maps from the set I'm working on.

Funky Shape 405TC

Funky Shape 205TR

FunkyShape405TC.jpg
    1200 x 765 - 145K
    FunkyShape205TR.jpg
    1050 x 765 - 113K
    Post edited by Horo on
This discussion has been closed.