*Released!* Natural Eyes 9 For Genesis 9 {Commercial}

Comments

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,123
    edited November 2022
    Do these come with a cornea morph? I haven't found one in the G9 Starter Essentials or in the DO Head Morphs.
    Post edited by MimicMolly on
  • chevybabe25chevybabe25 Posts: 1,215
    edited November 2022

No. The cornea on the eyes is perfect as is, in my opinion.  It just requires proper materials.

Post edited by chevybabe25 on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,847
    edited November 2022

@chevybabe25, does Natural Eyes 9 use LIE for the iris and sclera, the way that the default eyes do, or are they more or less material sets on their own? LIE does seem to be better at rebuilding from files that were closed and figuring out what it needs to do to rebuild from scratch, but it would be nice to not depend on that.

Post edited by vwrangler on

They are LIE presets- sort of.  I realize the LIE thing is fairly inconvenient to some, but with one surface, for the whole eye, it becomes a necessity.  The cool part is that once you find your "go to" combinations, there are ways to make it load faster.  Once this set is released and everyone has this in their hands, we can discuss it further. 

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Released finally :)  Bring on the questions and renders!

• chevybabe25 said:

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Released finally :)  Bring on the questions and renders!

If you know, will there be a discount for us who have the older versions?

• Probably not, as it's a new product and not an update.

No. This time there won't be.  I appreciate everyones loyalty, but I can't afford the hit this round. I hope everyone understands :)

• chevybabe25 said:

No. This time there won't be.  I appreciate everyones loyalty, but I can't afford the hit this round. I hope everyone understands :)

Absolutely understand! Your product is worth the money.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,359

Bought and downloaded. I have another project to work on today but I'll be having a play around with this one tomorrow.

Cheers,

Alex. 

edited November 2022

Yay!! Thanks for all the support :)

I also want to encourage everyone that picks these up to please take the time to read the pdf. I tried not to be overly wordy, I swear.

Post edited by chevybabe25 on
  • For once not late to the party. And it looks fabuluos!

Rendering as I write this.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,917

In the cart, along with MI outfit and a pose set. Just want coffee to take affect before I deal with credit card. But absoluetly going to buy today.

Thank you for your lovely work.

Thanks for keeping the dream alive guys :)     *waits patiently for pretty pictures*

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Jeepers creepers, where'd you get those peepers?

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,816

Thank you, m'lady, for saving another generation from Daz dead eye. Downloading now.

• Question: since the eyes, tears, et al. are now conformers, should I assume all the HD morphs are loading on the eyes and tears and not the g9 figure itself?

You are correct.  Please make sure (if you already purchased the product) you read the pdf included. I can't stress this enough.There is a lot of valuable information in there. It can also save some frustrations.

• chevybabe25 said:

You are correct.  Please make sure (if you already purchased the product) you read the pdf included. I can't stress this enough.There is a lot of valuable information in there. It can also save some frustrations.

Got it. That's what I figured, but wanted to check. Thank you yes

You are very welcome :)

• A couple of questions.

Is there additional guides besides the one that loads with the script? I ask because I'm finding not a ton of difference between the different iris (1, 2, 3, etc.). Wondering if there's something that better explains the difference.

I also see there is a hd lvl 4 morph in the tear prop, but moving it itself doesn't seem to do anything and I don't see that it's being controlled by anything either. Am I missing something with this?

No. That is the only guide, I did my best to explain everything but maybe I missed an area or didnt explain it well enough. Thats why this thread is here :)

The Styles are the iris patterns  - not the colors. They were designed this way so that we could mix and match colors properly for heterochromia.  Each style is fairly different, though you may need to zoom in to really see them.  Some are lacey looking, others are more dense. If you look at the promo with the eye colors, you will see a black and white iris to the far right of each row. Thats the "style" of that particular set.  If you are doing a more distanced render, the style may not matter at all honestly.

There is no hd level 4 morph in the tear prop. I think what you are seeing is the tear adjustment when you use the lacrimal morphs. The lacrimal morphs can only be dialed in by selecting the G9 figure in the shaping tab.

I hope this answers your questions :)

• chevybabe25 said:

No. That is the only guide, I did my best to explain everything but maybe I missed an area or didnt explain it well enough. Thats why this thread is here :)

The Styles are the iris patterns  - not the colors. They were designed this way so that we could mix and match colors properly for heterochromia.  Each style is fairly different, though you may need to zoom in to really see them.  Some are lacey looking, others are more dense. If you look at the promo with the eye colors, you will see a black and white iris to the far right of each row. Thats the "style" of that particular set.  If you are doing a more distanced render, the style may not matter at all honestly.

There is no hd level 4 morph in the tear prop. I think what you are seeing is the tear adjustment when you use the lacrimal morphs. The lacrimal morphs can only be dialed in by selecting the G9 figure in the shaping tab.

I hope this answers your questions :)

Ahhh... Got it. I'll be candid, I redid the conforming G9 eyes to work on G8 because I'm just not into G9, but do like the new eyes. Thankfully all your other HD morphs carried over to my G8'ed version, so losing the lacrimal ones is a fair trade-off.

I think the only thing that would be helpful to know is how the different layers line up and what changes what and what they each do. What I mean by that is I spent a good 30 minutes trying to figure out how to make the blue eye default more of a deeper blue and the different layers and screens kinda through me for a loop. Eventually I just ended up taking your textuers into PS and tinting them there.

Yeah these are a rather complicated set up, so changing the iris color directly was probably the best answer.

• it says in the pdf to use the iris body morph at full strength when using the style morphs but as default it is restricted to 25%...  the pdf then goes on to say the iris inset morph only needs to be above 25% in certain situations.

is it possible that the 25% restriction should have been applied to the iris inset morph and not the iris body morph?

The iris body morph should only be used at what its locked at. Full Strength is 25%.  What it does is add thickness to the iris and pulls the hd morphs outward some. 

The iris inset morph you can use at whatever you prefer, but in my opinion, I wouldn't go crazy with it, which is why I say it only needs go above 25 %  for certain situations.  

It's an option you will need to fiddle with as you do renders.

*Updated the initial post with some tips and tricks that may or may not have made it in the pdf*

I will try to keep this updated as I think of them or as we come across stuff.  Please make sure you check it occassionally.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 8,118
    edited November 2022

I don't usually do portrait renders, but here is one. It could probably be better to showcase the eyes in more detail. It might help viewing it in full size.

Eyes.png
    1300 x 1300 - 3M
    Post edited by DoctorJellybean on

OOO Very nice Doctor Jellybean!!!

• KomodoVRKomodoVR Posts: 115
    edited November 2022

Here is a quick test render using Style 1.

Note that there are a few typos in the PDF which you may have corrected by the time you read this:

On page 1: "You may INLCUDE the COORDNATING morphs." should be: "You may INCLUDE the COORDINATING morphs."

Below that, the PDF links to the "coming soon placeholder" URL, but that should be the new/updated released URL (though the "coming soon" URL still takes you to this thread, it gives the impression your product has yet to be released!).

On page 7: "Too little and THERES no depth.." should be: "Too little and THERE'S no depth.." with an apostrophe, or "THERE IS" without an apostrophe.

The table of contents on page 12 should probably be on page 1.

The rest of the PDF appears okay, though I may have missed something!

That aside, the instructions and advice in the PDF are clear and much appreciated. I look forward to many more G9 figures and renders that use Natural Eyes 9.

Stella HD with Victoria 9 and Natural Eyes for G9 Img 1.png
    1000 x 1600 - 2M
    Post edited by KomodoVR on