*Released!* Natural Eyes 9 For Genesis 9 {Commercial}

Comments

• chevybabe25chevybabe25 Posts: 1,250

Here is a quick test render using Style 1.

Note that there are a few typos in the PDF which you may have corrected by the time you read this:

On page 1: "You may INLCUDE the COORDNATING morphs." should be: "You may INCLUDE the COORDINATING morphs."

Below that, the PDF links to the "coming soon placeholder" URL, but that should be the new/updated released URL (though the "coming soon" URL still takes you to this thread, it gives the impression your product has yet to be released!).

On page 7: "Too little and THERES no depth.." should be: "Too little and THERE'S no depth.." with an apostrophe, or "THERE IS" without an apostrophe.

The table of contents on page 12 should probably be on page 1.

The rest of the PDF appears okay, though I may have missed something!

That aside, the instructions and advice in the PDF are clear and much appreciated. I look forward to many more G9 figures and renders that use Natural Eyes 9.

Thanks for the feedback :) I appreciate it. I'll look into updating the pdf as soon as I am sure I have all the other information that should have made it in.

Your render is beautiful!!!

• PJ3DPJ3D Posts: 33
    edited November 2022

Maybe its just me but can't get anything from this product to apply.  Read the PDF but am already confused on page 2 with references to the "start here folder". I don't see any Start Here folder?!  Moving on I select the eyes in the scene tab as documented.  Double click one of the sclera in the sclera folder but nothing happens.....

What am I missing?.

See screenshot attached, where is the Start Here folder?

Screenshot 2022-11-16 142753.png
    617 x 597 - 187K
    Post edited by PJ3D on

Sigh. I really wish Smart Content would at the very least follow my folder set up. I will try and get that sorted out soon.

If the material files are not doing anything:

Make sure you are on the newest version of Daz Studio. Some of the previous versions will not load the eyes at all.

Make sure the Genesis 9 Eyes are selected in the node tree of the scene tab.  

OK thanks, working.  Had selected the eyes under Genesis 9 figure, not the "Genesys 9 Eyes" node.  Still getting used to the eyes being separate.  Good clarification to add to the doco with a screen shot.

I agree. You are not the first to be confused. I'll add this to part of my PDF update :)

Nice work @Chevybabe25!

Test1.png
    900 x 1125 - 1M

Thanks!! That looks excellent!!!

• With products liike this, if I fidn them via Smart Content I usually right-click on a file>Show Asset In>Show Asset In Mapped/Virtual Folder (depending on instalaltion method) to see the actual file and folder structure on disc.

Oh that is excellent to know!Thank you Richard!

Added a few more tips and tricks to the first page! I hope you are all having good results with these :)

• chevybabe25 said:

Added a few more tips and tricks to the first page! I hope you are all having good results with these :)

Thank you.

Maybe you can consider creating a tutorial video. Some people grasp things better by seeing visual examples than reading.

• it's not always necessary but is everyone aware of the new clearer tear mat?

I think that is a great idea Doctor Jellybean :) Ill see if i can get something put together for this.

"it's not always necessary but is everyone aware of the new clearer tear mat?"

The tear that comes with the Daz figures is clear. Mine has a tint and is slightly more opaque. I think it fills in the gaps better up close.

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,624

Quick play, I should have let it go longer but im getting tired and need to go to bed. 

I really think this eye effect is neat, lol  (Natural eyes in texture shaded viewport)

Natural9TM11162022.jpg
    1224 x 1018 - 546K
    natural9.jpg
    503 x 316 - 93K
  • chevybabe25 said:

"it's not always necessary but is everyone aware of the new clearer tear mat?"

The tear that comes with the Daz figures is clear. Mine has a tint and is slightly more opaque. I think it fills in the gaps better up close.

i'm surprised at that... i must be confusing that tint for clarity. 

• SolitarySandpiperSolitarySandpiper Posts: 510
    edited November 2022

I like both tear materials and think they both have their place... nice work.

New tear,

Daz tear,

Daz tear.jpg
    2000 x 1518 - 2M
    new tear.jpg
    2000 x 1518 - 2M
    Post edited by SolitarySandpiper on
  • HighlandHighland Posts: 164

Aside from that square white light in the distance I can never find, does this look like I'm using Natural Eyes 9 correctly?

eye-02.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 245K
  • So, this might be a weird thing to note, but since I've loved your eye-shaders, here is how they are working on Daz Dog 8.

G8

G8.1

G9

I'm loving the realism in G9 shaders.

g9 eyes.png
    1500 x 1500 - 2M
    g8 eyes.png
    1500 x 1500 - 1M
    g81 eyes.png
    1500 x 1500 - 2M
    edited November 2022

Ok my video on how to use these is up.  https://youtu.be/uZUUZ7P6774

Hopefully this helps you all!

Also!!! Thank you guys for all your patience, pretty pictures, kind words, and questions!heart

Post edited by chevybabe25 on
  • Highland said:

Aside from that square white light in the distance I can never find, does this look like I'm using Natural Eyes 9 correctly?

It does look like you are using it correctly but there are quite a few options you can change to get the effect you are looking for.

Hopefully the new tutorial will point you in the right direction... but it is often the reflections that will make them pop.

• I've got my first render going using Natural Eyes 9. I have to say I love what it's looking like so far. The eyes look amazing and I love the lacrimal morph. Thank you for including the PDF. I was messing everything up until I read that. I'm looking forward to exploring it more. So many options to play with.

Excellent! Im looking forward to seeing what you create :)Make sure you also check out the tips and tricks on the first page of this thread along with the how to video. The end of the video I show how I adjust the dome/lights a little to get some nice looks :)

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    edited November 2022

I love, love, LOVE the eyes. Probably the best eyes I've ever rendered. These S1Green2. I only have the lacrimal morph dialed in at about 75% and the lacrimal fleshy dialed in at about 65%. I love the difference it makes when you blow the picture up to full size. I might have to adjust my settings in DS though. I think it could have rendered longer. I'll have to play with it more.

Post edited by Knittingmommy on

Very nice! Yes the irises take a little while longer to render than the rest of the scene. You can always just spot render them if you need to:)

Updating to add.. When all else fails, and lighting is giving you a real hard time with these,select Eye Left, Eye Right, and change the diffuse overlay value to 90%.  This will give you more predictable results  :)

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,870

Thanks for the tips. I just found the video today; thanks for the bump. I certainly was not getting the most out of these eyes. You really did a phenomenal job, which is to say, chevybabe25-normal. Thanks for solving one of my G9 problems.

Thanks xyer0 :)   I hope everyone is getting some good use out of these! 

• Script to open the PDF in Daz doesn't work for me.  I had to redownload the files manually and dig through to find the PDF.

Hello Roger :)

I have had a couple people check and it seems to be working fine.  Could you tell me a little more about this?Are you on a Mac?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,500

The simple script that is often used will not work if the product is isntalled through Connect (through Daz Studio itself). This script does work, if you just put the relative path to the readme in the final line - change "Relative/path-to-a/file.txt" to wahtever the location is within the content diectory. Assuming the supplied script is in ASCII format (.dsa) then you can just download the script, change that last line and the filename, and plonk it in the folder in place of the file installed.