BRYCE RENDER CHALLENGE Theme is - DISTANCE -

Comments

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,115

StuartB : very nice scene.

Gezmo : Well done.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,538
    edited October 2015

Stuart - good idea, nice landscape, great road.

Gezmo - your tube inspired me for my last entry. Thank you!

My third and last entry.
    Title: Distance in a Wormhole
    Credits:
    - Hiro Daz 3D
    - wormhole after an idea of David Brinnen
    - backdrop HDRI: Iray HDRI: ApocCorridor from the Apocalyptic Plant Indoors Set 2 by Dumor3D, adapted for Bryce.

Distance in a Wormhole

Wormhole.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 467K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444

@vos... Distance between Light and Color... Very Cool...      Distance... Cool.. We are all connected aren't we?

@horo...Pointing...Nice..So... He just claims to come from there...    Nice Image.   Great replication of your nearby fire... And you're right.. smoke is tricky.   Distance in a Wormhole... Great Effect...

@lordganthor...Distant Hearts... Very Nice.

@manofsteel...Aerial View... Very Cool POV

@fishtales...In The Distance... love the haziness...

@vivian...Close to Nobody..Great clear image, and you are right... not close at all...  Feeling Close to Nature...Very Nice

@chohole... Signpost in Wales...   Funny... About a month ago I saw a UK weather report and the weatherman pronounce the 58 letter name without a pause... Amazing!   So Near and Yet So Far......I love it... You can actually see the movement... Very Nice...

@xangth... Paths ofr Diostance... looks like a world in turmoil...Great Image

@adbc...A Distant Desert Town...A lot of depth...great image..   Spacial Abstract...It really draws you in... nice image

@davesavage...Power Lines...I love the birds sitting on the line... Cool Image

@mermaid....Mirrored Distance  Very Interesting image

@drachenlords...A Long Way...A Most Excellent Image!!  Really Great!

@trish...Distance 1 and 3 are very cool... love3 the reflecdtions.. and Strange World... is very cool and again, i love the reflections

@sray...Portal... Great Image It really pulls you in  ...very cool

@stuartb...Out of Eclipse... Very Nice Image.. Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner... How do they do it?

@atlantis...What Distance???  Very Cool and Oh, so true...

@Gezmo... Into the Distance .. Cool Image

I have been away from the computer for a bit, as I have a large stained glass project that has taken all my creative juices... but here is my third entry

Title :  The Amplitude of Thought

Bryce Tori and metaballs...

The Amplitude ofThought.jpg
    960 x 720 - 746K
    The Amplitude ofThought.jpg
    960 x 720 - 746K
  • AtlantisAtlantis Posts: 133
    edited October 2015

Second entry...

What is distance ???...

For some a small step can be a journey for others....

Terrains, Meta balls, Latice and bryce plants

00002.jpg
    1200 x 575 - 801K
    Post edited by Atlantis on

horo : Nice idea with a great result.

mtnmen : Thanks for your comment.

The Ampliture of thoughts makes me wanting to get right into those infinite rings. Very attractive render and great colours.

Atlantis : The snail has a long way to go, slowly getting there. Nice render.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,389

Wow wonderful awesome entries from everyone.smileyyes

Thanks for the nice comments on my Mirrored Distance entry.

• I'm amazed about the interpretation of distance from you all.... and I love your Ideas and your fantasy.

Great beautiful works from you all here :-)

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,895
    edited October 2015

@Horo: Nice effect. Personally, I would have chosen another background, I think. This one takes a lot of attention away from the main subject.

@Atlantis: Great render. I like this version more than the previous one, because we can see the footstep clearly.

I finally succeeded in creating a render I am more or less happy with. I used some cows from Lyne's bovine bonanza (free!), the grasses are from my own making. I tried to depict a small distance that is very big in its effect. Hope I succeeded. I do think the bull could jump the distance, so perhaps I will make one more where he is jumping over the gap, but maybe not for this contest.

Title: A huge small distance

small distance - giant difference.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 907K
    Post edited by Hansmar on

Thank you all for the nice comments...

This challange topic, creates a new nice gallerie with top renders...

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Atlantis said:

Thank you all for the nice comments...

This challange topic, creates a new nice gallerie with top renders...

And when the judging thread is made up you will see them all in one thread with no posts in between, so looks even better.  The judges groan sometimes when they get to that stage, so many good renders, and not all can win.

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596

Thanks everone for the nice comments.

Some nice new renders since I posted my last one too.

And when the judging thread is made up you will see them all in one thread with no posts in between, so looks even better.

Thats the bit I like, when you can see them all together. So much easier than going backwards and forwards through loads of pages.

edited October 2015

mtnmen - thank you. Your The Amplitude of Thought is very well done, great metaballs.

Atlantis - very nice entry. That's a small step for a man, and a giant distance for a snail to cross the footprint.

adbc - thank you.

Hansmar - thank you. You're right about the focus, but it was made intentionally that way, a surprising opening of a wormhole, fully unexpected.
    Very nice landscape from you. The bull may, or may not, fall into the water if it jumps.

Post edited by Horo on
  • vivienvivien Posts: 184

Atlantis - Both very nice renders. I like the vegetation on the first one.

Pam - Certainly too close for comfort. The hare's heart must be pumping. Beautifully done.

StuartB - Very clever idea of the long distance runner. And well represented.

Gezmo - I agree with Hansmar, it could also represent speed. Nicely done.

Horo - Great distance shown inside the wormhole.

Mtnmen - Very nice render. I like the texture and colors.

Hansmar - Great idea..... But I wouldn't make the bull jump. He'll definitely would end up in the ditch.

Hansmar : That landscape looks just like the one behind my backyard ! Nice work !

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596

Thanks very much Vivien.

edited October 2015
    vivien said:

Hansmar - Great idea..... But I wouldn't make the bull jump. He'll definitely would end up in the ditch.

Well, I think he's an athlete, so he might make it. I hope!

@adbc: thanks. Which part is behind your backyard? The green one or the other one? Or does one farmer spray a lot?

edited October 2015

I decided to make a quick third entry. Started with the idea of an abstract 'landscape type' filled with primitives, but got bored with that very quickly. So, I made a sci-fi city with a distant tower. The city blocks are made in Hexagon by selectively extruding parts of a grid. The towers are also made in Hexagon. The man is Poser's James in casual clothes. The robot is Mecharobot, also by Poser. The bird is from the bird set that I have used before. I added several lights and a HDRI (dark sunset, one of my favourites) as IBL. No sun.

Title: "We can go back to earth from that tower in the distance!"

distant times.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 671K

@ hansmar : It's all sand over here, it just varies with the seasons for the moment it's very green.

Your third entry is really good, I like scifi landscapes.

• vivienvivien Posts: 184

Hansmar - Nice third entry it has a minecraft feel to it.

Hansmar - very interesting scene. Earth is probably quite far away.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,389
    edited October 2015

Beautiful work from everyone.

My last entry before the deadline,

Last Lap

Good luck everyone

last-lap-ewl.jpg
    600 x 600 - 96K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

Good idea of distance. Nicely done.

• Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 500
    edited October 2015

Another great challenge!

Here’s my entry: “A Distance Yet To Go”.  Vaguely inspired by the Riddick films. Best viewed at full size.

A bunch if Bryce stones exported into MeshLab, subdivided, fractally displaced and then run through the “Aging” filter. Imported back into B7.1Pro, stacked up and then instanced around the ground terrain. 

Building created in Modo and the “tanks” base from Stonemason’s Greeble City Blocks.

G2M figure and clothes from DAZ.

Illuminated by the Sun and a “no shadow” Distance light exactly opposite the Sun  (Thanks to Horo for that one!).

2 voumetric spheres make up the clouds.

Rendered at 16RPP with True Ambience, about an hour and 45 minutes.

Thanks for looking!

distance8.jpg
    1400 x 638 - 200K
    Post edited by Dan Whiteside on

Got to play more with MeshLab. Subdividing the somewhat clunky Bryce stones seems to be a good idea, judging from your result. Very cool render and good idea for distance.

• Thanks Horo - btw Meshlab's Butterfly subdivision works really well wiht triangulated objects like Bryce stones.

edited October 2015

Last entrance...

Endless Distance....

Cubes, cylinders, terrains, Latice, meta balls and bryce plants..

0000000endles.jpg
    1200 x 575 - 996K
    Post edited by Atlantis on

Escher - what a cool idea for an endless loop.

@mermaid010:Nice scene. I really love the sky. However, the horse looks distorted, like he has very small legs. 

• GezmoGezmo Posts: 18
    edited October 2015

@Dan, what a butiful render, so well balanced and colorful.
    @Atlantis, Great idea using Escher's infinite loop. This must be the longest distance.

Here is my final

Into the distance

Distance13.jpg
    1120 x 700 - 97K
    Post edited by Gezmo on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Gezmo said:

@Dan, what a butiful render, so well balanced and colorful.
    @Atlantis, Great idea using Escher's infinite loop. This must be the longest distance.

Here is my final

Into the distance

Does that replace your previous one? or is it as well as?