The Sky is Falling Complaint Thread

Comments

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,325
    edited May 26

NylonGirl said:

Yes, so I've been sweeping up pieces of the sky all day. The skyholes are getting to be almost as bad as the potholes. I almost lost my drone. The republic says it will notify everybody when there is a permanent solution. In the meantime, there is an emerging market for sky blue duct tape.

I hear that they've been having that problem somewhere in south Asia.  There's a volcano down there spewing lava and ash.  If the villages are covered in fog when the volcano erupts, then the debris falls through the fog, and the people look up at nothing but ash-holes.devil

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,766

...ow.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,893

I think I need to eat more but I'm not really hungry all the time.

also I'm afraid I put on a tad bit too much perfume.  I thought the perfume bottle was empty but it still had enough to pour a bit too much on me.

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,628

Regardless of whether it comes from the sky or a volcano, I'd say the worst part about falling rocks is when you finally get a seller on eBay but, before you can ship the rock, it hatches and the resulting creature fulfills some kind of prophecy.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,067

NylonGirl said:

Regardless of whether it comes from the sky or a volcano, I'd say the worst part about falling rocks is when you finally get a seller on eBay but, before you can ship the rock, it hatches and the resulting creature fulfills some kind of prophecy.

While true, if you fail enough SAN checks you may not care.

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,388

NylonGirl said:

In the heart of the mountain, deep and still,

Lies a rock with a power that none can distill.

Formed in fire and pressure, it glows with a light,

A crystal of wonder, a breathtaking sight.

The crack of its shell, a soft golden hue,

Reveals a crystal, ancient and true.

Eternal life's power, it is said to hold,

A treasure of legends, timeless and bold.

From far and wide, people came near,

Seeking the crystal, its secrets to hear.

Bidding wars erupted, the stakes were high,

But a sage's wisdom reached for the sky.

In the end, a decision, noble and fair,

The crystal's purpose, a cause to bear.

For humanity's betterment, the proceeds would go,

A symbol of hope, for all to know.

Now in a museum, it rests with grace,

A beacon of hope, for the human race.

A reminder that true life, in compassion we find,

The rock's journey, a tale for all time.

I decided to watch Wonka on Max while working on my computer.

Sfariah D said:

Nice Show.  

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,055
    Non-complaint: Sitting in the audience at my niece's wedding. I had to buy a new suit because my old one was shot.

TJohn said:

Non-complaint: Sitting in the audience at my niece's wedding. I had to buy a new suit because my old one was shot.

Not when you were in it, I hope.surprise 

What am I doing?  I was watching Wonka but accidentally unplugged the streaming devicce which stopped the movie.  It is almost 4 pm or 1548 and I haven't had lunch yet.  Maybe I can go eat something.

edited May 26

AgitatedRiot said:

NylonGirl said:

In the heart of the mountain, deep and still,

Lies a rock with a power that none can distill.

Formed in fire and pressure, it glows with a light,

A crystal of wonder, a breathtaking sight.

The crack of its shell, a soft golden hue,

Reveals a crystal, ancient and true.

Eternal life's power, it is said to hold,

A treasure of legends, timeless and bold.

From far and wide, people came near,

Seeking the crystal, its secrets to hear.

Bidding wars erupted, the stakes were high,

But a sage's wisdom reached for the sky.

In the end, a decision, noble and fair,

The crystal's purpose, a cause to bear.

For humanity's betterment, the proceeds would go,

A symbol of hope, for all to know.

Now in a museum, it rests with grace,

A beacon of hope, for the human race.

A reminder that true life, in compassion we find,

The rock's journey, a tale for all time.

...Bravo!  

Sfariah D said:

...hmm Willy Wonka meets Mad Max in Beyond Candyland.

Post edited by kyoto kid on

Using two different computers at the same time can get confusing.  I looked at the wrong computer for an app I only had open on the other computer.

...I sometimes use 3 (as well as my phone).  Got used to that when I was still working where I was paid to do so.

kyoto kid said:

...I sometimes use 3 (as well as my phone).  Got used to that when I was still working where I was paid to do so.

On this computer I am browsing the web and trying to figure out how to get my drivers updated.  On my other computer I am using guards as target practice.  Don't worry they are NPC from RS3.

This computer it seems I haven't really used it 4 years.  That is because long story short my laptop charger got lost but it was going to die anyway

RS3 has grapes but I don't know anything to do with them other than make wine.  I don't want wine so I am thinking of selling the grapes.

Sfariah D said:

Using two different computers at the same time can get confusing.  I looked at the wrong computer for an app I only had open on the other computer.

I'm famous for using the wrong keyboard and mouse, even when I switched back.

AgitatedRiot said:

Sfariah D said:

I'm famous for using the wrong keyboard and mouse, even when I switched back.

Right now I am using two laptops and their built in keyboards and touchpad. Only one of them I use the touchscreen but that is because the other doesn't have touchscreen. 

kyoto kid said:

Yep, me too.  Back in the day, machines took annoyingly measurable times to do even "simple" things, and that was how one did multi-tasking.  You get one computer started on a job, then turn to the next one to do a little designing, then tend to a third that just finished up a task, and then it's time to go back to the first one because your editor finally came up.  Ah, life in the '80ssmiley.   

edited May 27

I think I want to go to bed soon.  I am on the bed but I am not asleep.  Is this reality or is this a dream?

or is it fantasy?  or am I thinking of the bohemian rhapsody song?

Post edited by Sfariah D on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,823

LeatherGryphon said:

kyoto kid said:

Yep, me too.  Back in the day, machines took annoyingly measurable times to do even "simple" things, and that was how one did multi-tasking.  You get one computer started on a job, then turn to the next one to do a little designing, then tend to a third that just finished up a task, and then it's time to go back to the first one because your editor finally came up.  Ah, life in the '80ssmiley.   

The 80's has come back with the browser based applications.

Fortunately, the hardware has become faster, so one can run all the applications on the same computer with multiple monitors. 

Sfariah D said:

I think I want to go to bed soon.  I am on the bed but I am not asleep.  Is this reality or is this a dream?

...[snip]...

Depends on which side of the mirror you're on. 

edited May 28

Non-complaint:  Despite the threatening weather, this little town did have it's Memorial Day parade and cemetary ceremony anyway.  Was raining heavy this morning, but stopped about 9.  Parade assembles at 11, and starts at 12.  Still very gray, and ugly looking in the sky.  Gray, cold(65F) & windy.  I didn't go, but saw patches of the parade from my upstairs window.  Nice to know it's still a tradition.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

Apparently staring at the tv in my bed room won't get me lunch.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,823

Sfariah D said:

Have you tried calling room service? 

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,883

Now Daz3D is doing it too... making you pay for loot boxes - https://www.daz3d.com/alien-loot-boxes

indecision

PerttiA said:

Sfariah D said:

Have you tried calling room service? 

I would but the problem is that I don't really have room service.  If I do, I am my own room service.

Did you know water one just boiled on the stove top is hot.  Very hot! 

Mattymanx said:

Now Daz3D is doing it too... making you pay for loot boxes - https://www.daz3d.com/alien-loot-boxes

indecision

There's a slight chance you'll win every DAZ Original, and a 100% chance you'll win 900 textures for items you don't have. 

Anyway, they were looking for some type of pillar to keep the sky above us. I think they settled on a very tall stack of styrofoam cups. That should be a permanent solution.

I made this cake.  I had not checked on it for a couple days.  It is now full of worms.  I was thinking of taking it to my church picnic Sunday but it is full of worms.

Would anyone eat it if it has worms in it?

IMG_1990.jpeg
    4032 x 3024 - 4M
    IMG_1991.jpeg
    1280 x 960 - 585K
    IMG_1992.jpeg
    1280 x 960 - 611K

So our microwave had started causing its circuit breaker to trip every time it was turned on. After resetting the circuit breaker, it was possible to set the clock, but not possible to start it cooking without immediately tripping the circuit breaker again. I brought out ye ol' heavy duty extension cord and did try plugging the microwave into a different outlet. One of those US outlets with the extra slot that indicates it can handle any blow dryer. Well, it powered up and I was able to set the clock. But when trying to use the cooking function, a rather large spark came out of the top of the microwave and it immediately turned off again. But this time it didn't trip a circuit breaker. So I determined it is very likely the microwave that is broken, rather than the circuit breaker. I want to get a new microwave that cost $500 USD. But we have some kind of service plan so we can probably get the old microwave fixed for $75 USD. I can't think of any way it would be smart or practical to get a new microwave. I suppose I feel some strange sentimental attachment to the old microwave anyway. None of this is fair, and I blame it all on my nephew.