Easy Peasy Challenge #1

NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,953
edited May 29 in Bryce Discussion

Daz3D is no longer sponsoring new challenges with store credit.  I've decided to use my own funds to hold a FUN challenge.  Well...I think it'll be fun.

This is a random draw win for 2 people.  It will be a completely fair and random blind pull and the winners will receive $5 each as gift certificates.  Anyone can win.

THEME:  Shiny Spheres.  There must be at least 3 shiny speres in the image and they should be a major part of the image.  You can even reflect them and make an abstract with them.

NEW IMAGES ONLY

START DATE: May 27th, 2024

END DATE:  June 30th, 2024

NUMBER OF IMAGES:  As many as you want but your name goes in only once into the hat.

Here's the hard part...Naming your image.  I don't want to know whose name I'm pulling so I'd like the titling to go like this:

The first person to post an image will use the Title of '1 of hearts' (ace.)  Second new person to post an image will title their image '2 of hearts.'  Do not use numbers to title any extra pictures that you post as only your first post will go into the hat.  I'm using a deck of cards to put into the hat, starting with 1 of hearts.  Once King of hearts is used, then we'll go to '1 of clubs' and so on.  We'll see how this numbering system works out.

Enjoy and I hope that you all decide to play.

Be aware that I will need the email addresses of the winners so that I can buy the gift certificates as Daz3D is not helping with this challenge.

Ace of Hearts, 2 of hearts, 3 of hearts, 4 of hearts, 5 of hearts, 6 of hearts, 7 of hearts, 8 of hearts, 9 of hearts, 10 of hearts, jack of hearts, queen of hearts, king of hearts

then, ace of clubs, 2 of clubs, 3 of clubs, 4 of clubs, 5 of clubs, 6 of clubs ,7 of clubs, 8 of clubs, 9 of clubs, 10 of clubs, jack of clubs, queen of clubs and king of clubs.

Post edited by NGartplay on

Comments

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,166

Wow a lovely idea, NGartplay and it's very generous of you to give prizes. Thanks for taking the initiative.

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,953

Hoping that there is a lot of participation.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,282

NGartplay - thank you very much for your efforts. I find it sad that Daz 3D lost all interest for their own successfull program Bryce.

edited May 27

No title as I'm not entering the challenge this time.  Just an image to get people interested in trying.,

Me too Horo.  I believe that Apoc is not coming back.  We have to be grateful for the years that Daz3D did support Bryce and the challenges; not disappointed that they've now ended.  Of course, the best way to support Bryce would have been to continue its development.  I think that Carrara took over their interest.

easypeasy3.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 101K

NGartplay - thank you for the example, I was not quite sure what the theme meant and now I know.

The theme 'shiny spheres' is what Bryce does best, imo, :)

Wow a lovely example NGartplay

Thank mermaid...just shiny balls, lol.  I put them in a rectangle and removed the shine from the walls.  It looks like hundreds of balls with a reflection on the walls.

• Past as FuturePast as Future Posts: 146

Thank you for doing this, NGartplay. In the end, only the remaining community can do stuff needed to keep "fire" alive. If you get what I mean.

Though I would not "give up" on Apoc and/or DAZ help, various things happen in life (I mean, I had two [!] surgeries just in the first half of 2024, so I can relate)...

Sure, it's better "expect the worse" but also always "hope for better"!

And of course we express huge gratitude to them! 

Now, a personal request from me... I'm not very good with cards, could you maybe post the whole numeration of them into the opening post so we could refer to it.

Perhaps I sound embarrassing now, but that's it.

Hope you are feeling much better now Past as Future 

Past, I posted the numbering.  I hope that it makes sense.  I just didnt want to see names when pulling the winners.  want it to be completely random.

edited May 30

Starting the challenge with two similar ones same setup, 4 spheres, but different Hdris and camera positions and document size. The 1st will be the entry.

The Hdri used is from Hyper Textures Base

Ace of Hearts

shinyspheres1b.jpg
    750 x 750 - 334K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited May 30

2nd one

The Hdri used is from Exotic Hdri for Fantasy skies  (available at bryce-tutorials)

Shining Sphere 1 B

shinyspheres1.jpg
    980 x 653 - 454K

mermaid - two very nice examples and thanks for starting.

• edited May 30

Hallo internet,<br /> im not sure if i understand the subject but i try to share my project haha<br /> i choose 3 of Heart if still available

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/6588570463371264#gallery=newest&page=1

Robot 3 spheres.png
    650 x 650 - 639K
    Post edited by I D E N T I F I A N T on

I love both entries mermaid.  Thank you for starting us off.  I especially like the 2nd one but I'm partial to the darker contrasts.

Identifiant, wonderful entry.  Your entry is 2 of Hearts, as you are the 2nd person to post an image.

Identifiant a lovely image, very nicely done

NGartplay thanks

edited May 31

Identifiant - very nice entry.

My first entry "Techno Spheres".
    Question: am I now (for this challenge) "3 of Hearts" or is this the name of the entry?

Techno Spheres

TechnoSpheres.jpg
    1200 x 780 - 242K
    Post edited by Horo on

Horo, I see Mikey Mouse :)  You can name it whatever you like but your entry card is the 3 of Hearts.  I will put the 3 of hearts into the hat.  When I pull two cards out, those will be the winners.  I will then come back to this thread to see whom the winners are.

I'm confusing everyone by using a deck of cards.  Next time we'll just number them.

edited May 31

NGartplay - thank you. Cool, when I set up the spheres I also saw Mikey Mouse laugh

Post edited by Horo on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,797
    edited May 31

Very good of you, NGartplay, and generous too. It was to be expected that DAZ would at some point no longer support our contest. But, let's hope they come to their senses later. Very good that you do a blind draw, so everybody can win.

Your example is very nice and so are the entries by Mermaid, IDENTIFIANT and Horo. I made a render for this challenge as well, must be 4 of hearts, I suppose. 

ShinyspheresHM1.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 522K
    Post edited by Hansmar on

Very nice entry Horo.

Ah, nice Hansmar.  You used one of my favorite materials.  I love the blackness of this image.  It feels mysterious.

mermaid, the more I look at your first entry, the more I am enjoying it.  The primary colors are so pretty.

edited June 1

Hansmar very lovely, I also like the dark color

Tthanks NGartplay 

edited June 2

Hansmar - thank you. Very nice entry, the big almost black object looks like a photo camera lens.

Thank you mermaid.

Post edited by Horo on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,634

We just wanted to take the time to correct a misunderstanding.  Although Daz has decided not to sponsor an additional challenge in the Bryce forum at this time, since as far as we are aware Apoc still intends to return, it is not a blanket decision nor one that applies for all time.

edited June 3

Thank you Frank.  For myself, I feel that Apoc is not returning.  It has been a long time since we have heard from him.  I understand that he did this out of the goodness of his heart and his respect for Chohole but it seems that he has had major shifts in his life.  This happens to all of us at some point.  It happened to me when my mother and brother passed a few years ago.  I disappeared for a long while.

I could be wrong, of course, but if I were betting I would go with 'he's gone.'  I do hope that I'm wrong.  I really do.  I'd love to see the challenges resume.  Fingers crossed.

Thanks Frank for correcting the misunderstanding, we hope Apoc returns. 

A big thank you to NGartplay for taking the initiative to keep the spirit of Bryce alive till his return.

frank0314 - thank you for your information. I think we all hope Apoc will be back eventually.
    NGartplay - thank you for your efforts to keep up the challenge of these Bryce challenges.