[Released] - All the Rabbits

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,955
    edited June 7

Gogger said:

barbult said:

Where's my cotton tail?

I think I saw him hopping down the bunny trail...

...right into my yard. That's the only kind of rabbit I see around here. (phone photo) It is the most common rabbit species in North America, according to Wikipedia.

20230713_175425.jpg
    4000 x 3000 - 4M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

Found them hopping in my cart

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,698

YES! Getting them ALL, right away! heart

• ValiskaValiska Posts: 80

Daz has got the rabbit collections miscategorized under 3D Models: Characters: Animals: Land: Bugs.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

Valiska said:

Daz has got the rabbit collections miscategorized under 3D Models: Characters: Animals: Land: Bugs.

As in Bugs Bunny? 

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,300

Rabbits in the cart, CATS will be in will be in there even faster smiley Can't wait.

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,831

Now I have Regina Spektor's "All the Rowboats" stuck in my head, except that she's singing:

"All the rabbits in oil paintings. They keep trying to hop away, hop away."

AM's rabbits are magnificent, although I will admit that I'm a little sad that there isn't an Eastern cottontail in the set. They're the Default Bunny at the place where I go for weekends sometimes, and they're all over the place. This year they seem more complacent than ever, so I think it's only a matter of time before I come downstairs and find a whole mob of them making themselves coffee in the kitchen and rifling the fridge for carrots.

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,619
    edited June 7

bytescapes said:

Now I have Regina Spektor's "All the Rowboats" stuck in my head, except that she's singing:

"All the rabbits in oil paintings. They keep trying to hop away, hop away."

AM's rabbits are magnificent, although I will admit that I'm a little sad that there isn't an Eastern cottontail in the set. They're the Default Bunny at the place where I go for weekends sometimes, and they're all over the place. This year they seem more complacent than ever, so I think it's only a matter of time before I come downstairs and find a whole mob of them making themselves coffee in the kitchen and rifling the fridge for carrots.

Although, probably you could null the jackrabbit morph down to say about 10%, tune down the ears size and the coloration it's pretty similar... that should get you a quite decent eastern cottontail...

Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,036

Bunnies in my Runtime!!!

And when I read the news about the CATS! my heart stopped for a split second. Please consider a morph for a partial leg morph. I have a little 3-paw who was born with his right foreleg folded up and partially formed, with a few little pads showing. He makes it up with rear legs as strong as a rabbit's and speed of zero to sixty in a second. But that partial leg works so hard to cover up stuff in the litter box as his left front leg and back legs holds him up. I need to add that he is a ginger, so he is a bit of a weird cat. 

• Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,573

Just hopped into my cart. I suppose my credit crad will have a bad hare day today smiley

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,480

barbult said:

Where's my cotton tail?

ot ake oo nk ere os uh ottnail?

:gulps:

What makes you think there was a cottontail?

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,966

Very nice to see the bundle approach, so people can get more or less as they want.

I mean, me, I nabbed the bundle up REAL quick. Ha HA

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,162

These rabbits are killing me! I must have them all. Now to figure out how to add blood spots to make a killer rabbit a la Monty Python. ;)

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,403

lou_harper said:

These rabbits are killing me! I must have them all. Now to figure out how to add blood spots to make a killer rabbit a la Monty Python. ;)

Run away! Run away! 

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,525
    edited June 7

Finally, a valid use for all the bunny girl outfits on the store...

Gallery Link

Post edited by Matt_Castle on

barbult said:

Where's my cotton tail?

No cottontail was shown in previews or product images. I was aware that it was not included. I was expressing sadness about its omission. I did not mean to imply that the product was in any way defective.
  • felisfelis Posts: 4,205

barbult said:

Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

Where's my cotton tail?

No cottontail was shown in previews or product images. I was aware that it was not included. I was expressing sadness about its omission. I did not mean to imply that the product was in any way defective.

Richard was just joking that he had eaten the cottontail. 

felis said:

barbult said:

Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

Where's my cotton tail?

Ah, he must have had his mouth full when he wrote that first sentence! I get it now, thanks to you. I thought he had reached a new level in typo-ness, and gulped, realizing his extraordinary error. It is so easy to misinterpret the written word, but knowing Richard's wit, I should have figured this out!!
    I now have an undeniable urge to render this scene of Richard...
  • GoggerGogger Posts: 2,375

barbult said:

felis said:

barbult said:

Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

Where's my cotton tail?

Ah, he must have had his mouth full when he wrote that first sentence! I get it now, thanks to you. I thought he had reached a new level in typo-ness, and gulped, realizing his extraordinary error. It is so easy to misinterpret the written word, but knowing Richard's wit, I should have figured this out!!

And here I was trying to figure out how to pronounce what Richard typed in Welsh (or some such).

Who knows, maybe Alessandro, or someone else, will release a morph and tail attachment to add Cottontail to the collection. For such an AMAZING assortment, it is sort of an odd one to have slipped between the cracks, what with the popularity of the Peter Cottontail stories - maybe he's not so big of a thing in Italy?

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 8,366

barbult said:

Looking forward to that.

What is the fur made of, does anyone know? It doesn't say dForce, so I'm assuming fiber? I bought the rabbits but can't get round to playing yet. They're really small, filesize wise, which is great.

• felisfelis Posts: 4,205

tsroemi said:

What is the fur made of, does anyone know? It doesn't say dForce, so I'm assuming fiber? I bought the rabbits but can't get round to playing yet. They're really small, filesize wise, which is great.

It uses the omnihair shader, so strand based hair, and it has dforce settings, although I haven't tried to simulate it.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,332
    edited June 7

They looks really great.

Rabbits01.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 983K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • tsroemi said:

They are all dForce assets (the fur); I kept the simulation settings quite low because with such a short fur there isn't much dynamics strength needed.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,332
    edited June 7

And another view...

Rabbits02.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 808K
    Post edited by Artini on

Alessandro Mastronardi said:

tsroemi said:

They are all dForce assets (the fur); I kept the simulation settings quite low because with such a short fur there isn't much dynamics strength needed.

I see, thank you, @felis also! I love the small file size and the realistic fur.

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,162

Matt_Castle said:

Finally, a valid use for all the bunny girl outfits on the store...

Gallery Link

Mind blown. How did you manage to get the bunny into the bunny suit?

edited June 7

barbult said:

Gulp - All That Was Left
    (No rabbits were used in this render, so it really doesn't belong here, but where else would I put it after the discussion here?)

Richard Eats Cottontail Rabbit DOF_Default Camera.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,334

Alessandro Mastronardi said:

tsroemi said:

I'm limited to DS version 4.21.0.5 because of my ancient hardware so cannot use the Omnishader presets - but I love the bunnies! Could their hair work with one of the Strand Hair shaders like Line Zero or Layered Strand-Based Hair ?