[Released] - All the Rabbits

Comments

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,619
    edited June 7

MelanieL said:

Alessandro Mastronardi said:

tsroemi said:

What is the fur made of, does anyone know? It doesn't say dForce, so I'm assuming fiber? I bought the rabbits but can't get round to playing yet. They're really small, filesize wise, which is great.

They are all dForce assets (the fur); I kept the simulation settings quite low because with such a short fur there isn't much dynamics strength needed.

I'm limited to DS version 4.21.0.5 because of my ancient hardware so cannot use the Omnishader presets - but I love the bunnies! Could their hair work with one of the Strand Hair shaders like Line Zero or Layered Strand-Based Hair ?

Hello, it should work but of course you'd lose all that fluffy, correctly shaded fur look that you get with the Omnishader...
    BTW, are you sure that switching to latest DS version would affect so bad your system performances? Is not that much has changed...

Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,334

MelanieL said:

tsroemi said:

What is the fur made of, does anyone know? It doesn't say dForce, so I'm assuming fiber? I bought the rabbits but can't get round to playing yet. They're really small, filesize wise, which is great.

They are all dForce assets (the fur); I kept the simulation settings quite low because with such a short fur there isn't much dynamics strength needed.

I'm limited to DS version 4.21.0.5 because of my ancient hardware so cannot use the Omnishader presets - but I love the bunnies! Could their hair work with one of the Strand Hair shaders like Line Zero or Layered Strand-Based Hair ?

Hello, it should work but of course you'd lose all that fluffy, correctly shaded fur look that you get with the Omnishader...
    BTW, are you sure that switching to latest DS version would affect so bad your system performances? Is not that much has changed...

My Desktop PC (from 2012) is still on Windows 7 and there are no GPU drivers for Win7 that will support dForce simulation above DS4.21.0.5. I rely on the GPU for dForce simulation because my CPU doesn't seem to work for it.

I already render with CPU only, because my graphics card is only 2GB VRAM so won't handle anything but the simplest scene. I can't upgrade the Graphics card because I'm already on the best that my motherboard will support.

In short, I need a new PC, but I probably won't be getting one for quite a while.

I'll probably take the chance with the rabbits, but I'll have to think about it. (Looks like they will be in the sale all weekend)

Thanks for the information.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,698

MelanieL said:

MelanieL said:

tsroemi said:

My Desktop PC (from 2012) is still on Windows 7 and there are no GPU drivers for Win7 that will support dForce simulation above DS4.21.0.5. I rely on the GPU for dForce simulation because my CPU doesn't seem to work for it.

I already render with CPU only, because my graphics card is only 2GB VRAM so won't handle anything but the simplest scene. I can't upgrade the Graphics card because I'm already on the best that my motherboard will support.

In short, I need a new PC, but I probably won't be getting one for quite a while.

I'll probably take the chance with the rabbits, but I'll have to think about it. (Looks like they will be in the sale all weekend)

I'm sorry to hear of your problems, rendering with CPU only must be deadly slow these days. I started out like this myself, a few years ago, and it was already really frustrating back then ... I think all the other strand-based hair shaders should work with the rabbits as well, you will probably have to experiment with getting everything right. Maybe you can raise that question over in one of the threads where Chevybabe25 participates? I think she created Line Zero as well, and she generally seems very knowledgeable about the topic. 
    Hope it works out for you, the bunnsies are really so adorable.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,480

barbult said:

barbult said:

I now have an undeniable urge to render this scene of Richard...

Gulp - All That Was Left
    (No rabbits were used in this render, so it really doesn't belong here, but where else would I put it after the discussion here?)

Oh dear. Errr, would you believe I was trying to disgui...dress up for a surprise party?

• HighlandHighland Posts: 163

MelanieL said:

MelanieL said:

tsroemi said:

For what it's worth Nvidia just announced new drivers for Windows 7 and 8 this month. I'm not sure if they're out just yet. If not, then soon. I think primarily security updates, but maybe some graphics enhancements.

Announcement: https://www.neowin.net/news/nvidia-releases-new-graphics-driver-for-windows-7-and-8/

Release notes: https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/475.06/475.06-win8-win7-release-notes.pdf ;   (list of supported GPUs in there)

Downloads: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,955

Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

barbult said:

Gulp - All That Was Left
    (No rabbits were used in this render, so it really doesn't belong here, but where else would I put it after the discussion here?)

Oh dear. Errr, would you believe I was trying to disgui...dress up for a surprise party?

As a cottonmouth perhaps? You'll have to slim down quite a bit. I have your Fat Belly morph dialed to max there, since you've just consumed a large meal.

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,493

I wonder if I have any antlers suitable for a jackalope?

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975
    edited June 8

Okay so I admit to dumbness where is the Omni surface hair shader? I am using DS4.22.016 and when I load the bunny and it's wearable a warning pops up that it can't find the shader is this something included in Studio or something I need to buy? .......Help

please

Never mind , I found it  ...... it installed in a different directory ...oh well

Post edited by carrie58 on
  • Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,525

lou_harper said:

Mind blown. How did you manage to get the bunny into the bunny suit?

I'm pretty good at using Blender to make the "clone" shapes auto-fit uses to adapt clothing between figure bases.

I've long had a workflow for converting clothes to fit centaurs...

... and making clothes fit the rabbit was basically the same technique.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975

Hmmm well I bought the bundle ,update DS , love the rabbits ,and the fur .....but and this is not a put down of this wonderful product ,it took 2 hours and 15 minutes to render just 1 jack rabbit on my machine in iRay ,which is why I've stuck wth 3DL ,Idon't have the patience ,to wait that long ......yes I'm a whimp ......maybe I'll try relearning LAMH ........my brain has become a sieve with nothing staying very long .....

Thank you for the rabbits though.

edited June 8

barbult said:

Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

barbult said:

Gulp - All That Was Left

As a cottonmouth perhaps? You'll have to slim down quite a bit. I have your Fat Belly morph dialed to max there, since you've just consumed a large meal.

Richard Cottonmouth Coiled and Ready to Strike

(I even have a rabbit in this one! It felt the need to hide from Richard, for obvious reasons.)

Richard Cottonmouth with White Rabbit.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 3M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • felisfelis Posts: 4,205
    edited June 8

I tried to modify a rabbit to a cottontail.

First I painted part of the tail white, but then I realised that there was way too little fur on the tail.

Therefor I frankensteined a tail from an angora, but even that didn't seem to have enought fur.

Rabbit_fake_cottontail.png
    1200 x 1200 - 3M
    Post edited by felis on
  • GoggerGogger Posts: 2,375
    edited June 8

"Last one there is a rotten Easter Egg!" - and the race was ON!

AM's Rabbits in an UltraScenery environment.  Life is Good!

[Edit] Corrected the pose on the nearer rabbit - THANKS Alessandro!

Old image using WRONG pose for Jackrabbit - note the shape of the back on the nearer racer.

FS_Last_One_There_Is_a_Rotten_Easter_Egg_3D_Erik_Pedersen.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 228K
    FS_Last_One_There_Is_a_Rotten_Easter_Egg_3D_Erik_Pedersen.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 242K
    Post edited by Gogger on
  • Just a note: hare poses are located in the product main pose folder; make sure to use those for hare and jackrabbit because are tuned for their longer bodies 

I wonder if it would perhaps be possible to create a very small update in which we can change the overall shape of the eyes to more almond-like, and the size of the pupil to bigger?
    Because after playing with the lovely bunnies for a while, I found that all of them have in fact hare's eyes, not typical rabbit ones, and there seems no way to change that. That is quite a pity, because rabbits have lovely, deep eyes - see here f.i.:https://pixabay.com/de/photos/kaninchen-hase-nager-grau-610095/. It would be soooo cool if I could give them something like these!

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 8,366

tsroemi said:

I wonder if it would perhaps be possible to create a very small update in which we can change the overall shape of the eyes to more almond-like, and the size of the pupil to bigger?
    Because after playing with the lovely bunnies for a while, I found that all of them have in fact hare's eyes, not typical rabbit ones, and there seems no way to change that. That is quite a pity, because rabbits have lovely, deep eyes - see here f.i.:https://pixabay.com/de/photos/kaninchen-hase-nager-grau-610095/. It would be soooo cool if I could give them something like these!

And maybe add a proper cottontail? But then it would be 65 instead of 64 laugh

DoctorJellybean said:

tsroemi said:

And maybe add a proper cottontail? But then it would be 65 instead of 64 laugh

Maybe this could also be achieved by adding a teeny tiny bit more morphs? And that fluffier tail of course. 

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,619
    edited June 8

I think it is no problem for me to do a morph for more almond-like eyes (but what if you try and close a bit the eyes?). About the fluffy rounded tail I think it's better if I do a separate wearable preset that you can add on all the breeds you like. Let me see what I can do, maybe I could even add the cottontail to the collection, given it seems to be very desired.

Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on

I think it is no problem for me to do a morph for more almond-like eyes (but what if you try and close a bit the eyes?). About the fluffy rounded tail I think it's better if I do a separate wearable preset that you can add on all the breeds you like. Let me see what I can do, maybe I could even add the cottontail to the collection, given it seems to be very desired.

Yes, please!

This would be fantastic, thank you so much for considering it! Should I send references via DM? I don't mind if the eyes won't close properly then, I'd just love to get the general look of a rabbit's eyes.  They're really much more like a doe's than a hare's, dark and sweet and, well, rather almond-shaped than round, like I said. Some rabbits even have quite long dark lashes. Ooooooh, could maybe separate lashes be included as well?!?! That would be amazing!

I also adore the idea of a separate fluffier tail. Maybe this one could have two colors even, because many rabbits' tails are white on the underside? I don't know if this is doable ...

Anyways, I don't mean to be pushy! Thanks again for considering!

barbult said:

barbult said:

Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

barbult said:

Gulp - All That Was Left

Richard Cottonmouth Coiled and Ready to Strike

(I even have a rabbit in this one! It felt the need to hide from Richard, for obvious reasons.)

Oh dear, oh dear. Naughty bunny, frustrating my attempts to play, all innocent like.

• MartialMartial Posts: 413

I have bought all the rabbits product .I like it even I'm disappointed with the poses included

Here photos pose from one of real rabbits visiting my back yard I don't know which kind of rabbit

lapin 5.jpg
    503 x 432 - 105K
    lapin 4.jpg
    503 x 432 - 118K
  • felisfelis Posts: 4,205

Martial said:

I have bought all the rabbits product .I like it even I'm disappointed with the poses included

Here photos pose from one of real rabbits visiting my back yard I don't know which kind of rabbit

The rabbit is rigged, soyou can just make your own poses. If there is a pose that reminds you of what you want, then use that as a starting point.

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,300

I think this is an oppotunity for the Poses Creators to step up with more Rabbit (and future Cat) poses

• Gogger said:

"Last one there is a rotten Easter Egg!" - and the race was ON!

AM's Rabbits in an UltraScenery environment.  Life is Good!

[Edit] Corrected the pose on the nearer rabbit - THANKS Alessandro!

Old image using WRONG pose for Jackrabbit - note the shape of the back on the nearer racer.

What an awesome image, thanks for making it!

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,644
    edited June 8

Yes, please. I would love cottontail. That is the  prevalent rabbit where I live. 

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

It's OK with me if the cottontail becomes an extra cost add on. Maybe there are other varieties people want, that could all form a fourth collection of popular requests, also with additional poses and morphs.

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,213
    edited June 9

barbult said:

It's OK with me if the cottontail becomes an extra cost add on. Maybe there are other varieties people want, that could all form a fourth collection of popular requests, also with additional poses and morphs.

I would absolutely pay extra for an eastern cottontail. 

edit: And if you were making a whole add-on pack and wanted to throw in a New England cottontail, that would be awesome.

Post edited by butterflyfish on
    edited June 9

Rabbits' Revenge

Rabbits attack from all sides as Richard runs for the tree to escape. It doesn't look like he'll make it. No more cottontail lunches for him!

Rabbits Revenge on Richard_004_Camera 3.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 3M
    Post edited by barbult on
    edited June 9

barbult said:

Rabbits' Revenge

Rabbits attack from all sides as Richard runs for the tree to escape. It doesn't look like he'll make it. No more cottontail lunches for him!

Why can't they pick one someone smaller their own size, as cats do (it was tempting to say "like a cat" - but they would have willfully misunderstood, I am sure).

Though really, I just need to jump into the clear space ahead of me and then jump onto the tree trunk - you better believe a cat can fly.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on