Just Because I Can. STUPID THREAD IV ♥♡♥♡♥ stooopiddittty!

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Is that a mini shark with ulterior motives in that tank,?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Wendy I am always amazed at what you can do. I mean who else could turn a discussion about crepuscular rays into a joke. lol

Image for Jeff, yup you got it.
    Do not force me to break out my old skill's. I put them away many years ago but I could be on the wrong side of things so fast if needed...
    how-to-stop-hacking.jpg
    480 x 272 - 38K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,102
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Is that a mini shark with ulterior motives in that tank,?

you do not honsetly expect a regular aquarium fom me :roll:
    there is a merman too, and he is Mimic animated though I am infact rendering a gif to loop
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,145
    edited December 1969

That aquarium has no support. It is just glass. I do not think it would last in real life.

edited October 2012

I have one exactly like it, just big goldfish in it though, over a metre wide and just glass

2012-09-27_14.36_.57_.jpg
    1900 x 1142 - 615K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

That aquarium has no support. It is just glass. I do not think it would last in real life.
    My dear they have this stuff called Glass Weld (something like that) now. It merges the glass together, I have a 20 gal that is all glass. I've seen a 50 gal done the same way. Here's one.
    ZEEdge.jpg
    340 x 268 - 28K
    edited December 1969

I have one exactly like it, just big goldfish in it though, over a metre wide and just glass
    Mines not that deep, mines longer. Just like it in style though.
    edited December 1969

mine badly needs a clean, the water snails all died of glutony from the algae!

edited December 1969

Mine is not even set up right now. I lost all my fish due to cold (it was a tropical tank) when my power was out for over a week after that monster tornado hit year before last. I had enough plants to keep the oxy up but it got too cold at night. I need to set it up again, watching a fish tank is a proven way to relive stress.

edited October 2012

I have that wooden lid btw because 6 years later my B&W moggie Felix still has a raised scar on his neck where he narrowly avoided severing a jugular jumping on the glass lid and breaking it.
    Silly Mem my tortoiseshell jumped on it a month ago when I had removed that wooden lid and balanced four paws on the thin glass edges!!!
    I certainly panicked seeing that!
    Felix on top of the thin 42" plasma was almost as bad if not worse as electricity was potentially involved.

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Where I used tolive when I was young, the next door neighbours had set up a tank in a "window" in the joining wall between two rooms. all properly stressed and supported as it was a supporting wall, and had the tank so you could see it from both rooms, really cool.

And yes very relaxing watching the fish.

edited December 1969

Cats will do some crazy things, not to long ago (two weeks I think) I came home from the clinic and Meow was on top of my curtain taking a nap. Not on the fabric folds in the edges but on the rod itself. How that fat cat got up there without pulling the curtains down or bending the OLD slider rod I will never figure out. I often find her as a new book end in my book shelve, third row up and against the wall. I can not figure out how she gets in that spot either. :gulp:

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Where I used tolive when I was young, the next door neighbours had set up a tank in a "window" in the joining wall between two rooms. all properly stressed and supported as it was a supporting wall, and had the tank so you could see it from both rooms, really cool.

And yes very relaxing watching the fish.
    I love those, I've seen one. Some folks have the coolest stuff.
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,933
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    My dear they have this stuff called Glass Weld (something like that) now. It merges the glass together, I have a 20 gal that is all glass. I've seen a 50 gal done the same way. Here's one.

Yeah, That stuff works great. I use to use something very similar to fix windshields of planes

edited December 1969

I thought of it once, as I have Gyprock inner walls I can cut with a stanley knife but decided it was too much work to put it back inside as I'd need a light too.

outside as I do not really want it but got fish that will not die, just get huger!
    they WERE in my pond but it sprung a leak and dried up!

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Yeah, That stuff works great. I use to use something very similar to fix windshields of planes
    Frank you are so cool, I wish I had done half the stuff you've done in my longer than yours life.
    edited December 1969

Yeah. I was an aircraft mechanic for a couple years before I went into the military. I was suppose to still be working on aircraft in the military but they liked my construction and left me doing that. I won them an award for most improved squadron cause I built them a new locker room so they kept me out of the shop and kept me building them stuff.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Jaderail said:
    O good lord. I remember that strip, and the other one that featured hillbillies as well. I'm so old.

If you mean Snuffy Smith (originally Barney Google) it's still going strong. On its third or fourth cartoonist, I've lost count. Snuffy no longer makes moon or smokes his corncob pipe, though.

When I was a kid, we would get ready for church, then sprawl in the floor to get the comics read before leaving. I read all of them, but don't even subscribe to the paper now. Too many ads, not enough news, and most of the old strips have been dropped.

Snuffy must have been put in a nursing home if he's not smoking or shining. Damn poliitical correctness is everywhere.

Pansy Yokum was a great character, feisty old lady who reminded me of my own grandmother.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

I really like that aquarium, Wendy. Lots of details in the render. Don't think I ever seen an all-glass model, but looks way cool.

ISIL keeps saying he wants to buy an aquarium and set it up for the baby. I keep saying we have one in the garage, just use it. The baby is 1 now and still doesn't have an aquarium to watch.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

I still am not sure wot anisotropic is
    a licorice and fruity flavoured concoction springs to mind,
    yes I know it is a filter which is NOT isotrophic
    anyway I used a Digital painters anisotrophic glass shader on my tank whatever it does!!!

mm but might rethink my animation render settings, 96 frames wil take 36 hours at this setting
    using Global illumination full indirect lighting and a HDRI background
    21 minutes not too bad for one image

Very cool Wendy Quite realistic, other than those cute miniature marines lol! But I love em they are sooooo cool :cheese:

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,078
    edited December 1969

I think she is worried what I might upload next.
    actually I am rendering an animated fish tank at the moment, as if there are not enough of THOSE on the web!!

Now I'm picturing singing, belly-dancing fish. :lol:
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Now I'm picturing singing, belly-dancing fish. :lol:
    SHHH, you'll give her ideas.
    edited December 1969

That would be funny thought

edited December 1969

my Merman IS doing a Bellydance shoulder shimmy aniblock!

edited December 1969

my Merman IS doing a Bellydance shoulder shimmy aniblock!

Wendy, you are becoming predictably unpredictable. :lol:
    edited December 1969

Oh for Pete's sake, come on folks we were way ahead of the Complaint thread.

funny-cat-pictures-i-cn-fix-ur-computer-but-teh-oil-change-will-be-extra.jpg
    500 x 375 - 46K
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,145
    edited December 1969

I am watching Fright Night. At first I did not recognize David Tennant. After he took off the wig and fake beard I knew it was him.

Have I ever said that I think David Tennant is cute?

edited December 1969

I am watching Fright Night. At first I did not recognize David Tennant. After he took off the wig and fake beard I knew it was him.

Have I ever said that I think David Tennant is cute?

Well since the 10th Doctor is David Tennant, and your signature says you think the 10th Doctor is cute, I'd have to say "Yes." ;-)
    edited December 1969

my 10min looping aquarium
    in the tank to come (that is only a short slideshow).
    and the SPAM filter got me copying and pasting after Pam said in the other thread she will not SPAM with her creeppussycolour render (which actually is really pretty in a creepy skeletal way!

This discussion has been closed.