Just Because I Can. STUPID THREAD IV ♥♡♥♡♥ stooopiddittty!

Comments

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Spyro said:
    Does genesis poke away only work on the latest version of ds4.5 cos I couldn't find it anywhere after I installed it.

It does, it is on Parameters tab, very bottom, when you choose Genesis.

@skiriki - I read ur spill on geom shells. Seems really practical. How do you use it to fix pokethroughs and distortions in clothing? I got a bit confuzzled lol

Easy. If you give it offset of, say, 0.5 (I think that's in cm), that means the surface is always 0.5 cm off Genesis! When you collide it against that? Chances are it won't touch Genesis' skin. :)

Lmao I was looking for it listed in the menus or in the scripts lol it was in genesis parameters all along! I never thought of that haha!

I see. So the g shell is made on genesis then the clothing conforms to the shell then u set the shell invisible. Thanks :cheese:

I was gonna ask all this hours ago when I was at home but my Internet wouldn't connect.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    You can scale the Geo shell up a bit and then put clothing on it. Helps loads of items look better. I've not tried Poke away in 4.5-6 yet.

Ski beat me, ignore the blue person.

I could never ignore you man! Jaderail taught spyro lots!

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Jaderail said:
    You can scale the Geo shell up a bit and then put clothing on it. Helps loads of items look better. I've not tried Poke away in 4.5-6 yet.

-KssThiiNUux_VkSoqNnjA2.jpg
    500 x 374 - 42K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,102
    edited December 1969

after crashing studio I finally got everything loaded in wireframe with my RAM needle in the 90%+ range
    will not be doing any dream house animations there I believe!

edited December 1969

after crashing studio I finally got everything loaded in wireframe with my RAM needle in the 90%+ range

Yeah that is one big issue I have with ds it totally consumes you computers resources. I also work in 3ds max and have made a 6 floor building all high res complete interior and exterior! And it don't turn my PC into a zombie! Except when rendering. Daz viewport with on small set just bout self destructs my PC

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Spyro said:
    Jaderail said:

That's sweet. :cheese:

edited December 1969

That's odd, I went to test my DH and see if I can still load it all and only the dinning room loads, all my obj's just disappeared from my content. That's the second time that has happened.
    edited December 1969

yeah, it loads no worries in Poser which is how I get everything in place for Carrara by importing the pz3
    (in Carrara everything loads 0,0,0, )
    as you know I render it ok fully furnished with figures animated in Carrara

edited October 2012

I'm beginning to think I've pushed my DS3A category files to the limit and beyond. I keep losing items it seems.I have a Idea let me test a load in 4.5 maybe the paths are good in it.

EDIT: Nope Checked my drive. NO geom files in my Runtime. Weird.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

I've tried poser before but couldn't work it all out. I couldn't even make decent figure poses lol. I like Daz for its good and easy to use yet effective methods. Content creation lies with 3ds max. Hexagon wouldn't be used by me at all if I knew how to make morphs and export n import to Daz.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I'm beginning to think I've pushed my DS3A category files to the limit and beyond. I keep losing items it seems.I have a Idea let me test a load in 4.5 maybe the paths are good in it.

EDIT: Nope Checked my drive. NO geom files in my Runtime. Weird.

I have found the Studio installers want to uninstall the Poser files for those models if you let them, I say no and keep both.
    edited October 2012

I'll try that, thought I did, I'm going to install the full thing again. I had to do resets (gee what a hassle) because I can not find a full set on my back ups. Got it all in one install folder now.

EDIT: I'm Glad I did the Resets now. MOST of the DH has been Updated for DS4.5.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,979
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Morning folks.... here is one just because...

...yep. that about sums thing up for me.

Wish I could hibernate until the cold rainy season is over.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:

Yeah that is one big issue I have with ds it totally consumes you computers resources. I also work in 3ds max and have made a 6 floor building all high res complete interior and exterior! And it don't turn my PC into a zombie! Except when rendering. Daz viewport with on small set just bout self destructs my PC
    ...Yeah Bryce is a lot gentler on the system when setting up scenes than Studio, Carrara, or Poser. Even rendering (though glacially slow when using IBL) doesn't crash on my old duo core system.

4.5 has been behaving rather nice so far, though I haven't really pushed it very hard yet. Rendering seems to be a vast improvement. The pic I posted of Tracey (the elf girl) took only 54 seconds , and that was with UE lights. In 3Advanced it would be more like 15 - 20 min if the UE lights, hair transmaps, and reflectivity on the belt buckle didn't crash the process first.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Spyro said:

...Yeah Bryce is a lot gentler on the system when setting up scenes than Studio, Carrara, or Poser. Even rendering (though glacially slow when using IBL) doesn't crash on my old duo core system.

4.5 has been behaving rather nice so far, though I haven't really pushed it very hard yet. Rendering seems to be a vast improvement. The pic I posted of Tracey (the elf girl) took only 54 seconds , and that was with UE lights. In 3Advanced it would be more like 15 - 20 min if the UE lights, hair transmaps, and reflectivity on the belt buckle didn't crash the process first.Which version did you install KK? The 4.5.1.6 has a even newer version of 3Delight render engine. It might be even more stable for you.

edited October 2012

Jaderail said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    Spyro said:

4.5 has been behaving rather nice so far, though I haven't really pushed it very hard yet. Rendering seems to be a vast improvement. The pic I posted of Tracey (the elf girl) took only 54 seconds , and that was with UE lights. In 3Advanced it would be more like 15 - 20 min if the UE lights, hair transmaps, and reflectivity on the belt buckle didn't crash the process first.Which version did you install KK? The 4.5.1.6 has a even newer version of 3Delight render engine. It might be even more stable for you.
    ...I have the one before the Beta release. Heard a number of people with older systems (like mine) who updated to 1.6 have been experiencing issues with loading and setting up scenes. It would run sluggish, freeze up, and even crash. Makes me feel that the update requires a bit more OpenGL power than I can muster.

I usually set scenes up in Simple Shaded mode and only switch to Full Texture now and then to check the maps. When rendering I set everything to Wireframe and render to directly a file rather than the viewport. Again, the rendering doesn't seem to be the issue, it's working in OpenGL that I have to be patient with.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,933
    edited December 1969

What are your system specs.

edited December 1969

...barely minimum for 4.5:

CPU: Intel T2050 DuoCore 1.6gHz
    OS WinXP32 Media Edition SP2 (though CCLeaner indicates XPPro)
    RAM: 4G installed (though setup is seeing only 3 for some reason)
    Graphics: Intel 945GM integrated chipset, OpenGL ver. 1.4, DirectX ver. 9
    HDD 320G 7200RPM

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

MY WISHLIST IS NOW COMPLETELY NAKED.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,933
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

HDD 320G 7200RPM

Yeah that's an old system. I'm really surprised 4.5 even runs on it. DS use to have issues with the integrated intel chipset. I don't know if they fixed that on the newer version or not.

edited October 2012

Skiriki said:
    MY WISHLIST IS NOW COMPLETELY NAKED.

click :red: whistle
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,078
    edited December 1969

Something of mine. I think it still applies. :)

file_734513.jpg
    800 x 1200 - 174K
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

HDD 320G 7200RPM

Yeah that's an old system. I'm really surprised 4.5 even runs on it. DS use to have issues with the integrated intel chipset. I don't know if they fixed that on the newer version or not.
    ...going on 6 years soon.

Originally bought it for getting on the net, writing, assisting with RPG work, messing around with 2D stuff and watching DVDs. Then someone on the Shadowrun RPG forums clued me in to 3D CG. Actually surprised it has held up this well.

In some respects, 4.5 runs better on it than 3Advanced (particularly rendering). so maybe they did fix the issue with the Intel graphics chipset. Apparently that pesky memory leak has finally been plugged as well for when I exit the app it immediately clears from memory rather than hanging around for ten to fifteen minutes, and scenefiles don't bloat in idle mode anymore.

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    As sold by fly by night industries?
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...going on 6 years soon.

Originally bought it for getting on the net, writing, assisting with RPG work, messing around with 2D stuff and watching DVDs. Then someone on the Shadowrun RPG forums clued me in to 3D CG. Actually surprised it has held up this well.

In some respects, 4.5 runs better on it than 3Advanced (particularly rendering). so maybe they did fix the issue with the Intel graphics chipset. Apparently that pesky memory leak has finally been plugged as well for when I exit the app it immediately clears from memory rather than hanging around for ten to fifteen minutes, and scenefiles don't bloat in idle mode anymore.

You could always try 4.5.1.6 and then just roll back if need be.
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:

...funnny. Better than a Make Art button.

Now if there was just something like "High Rents B-Gone" and "Rain B-Gone" (looking out the window of the cafe & it's coming down in buckets right now) I'd be first in line to buy it.

edited December 1969

Just noticed the "Utah" crack in my "ad". I doubt if I even knew Daz was in Draper, Utah at the time. When I made that, DAZ was just a place I went to to get freebies.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    tjohn said:
    As sold by fly by night industries?
    A subsidiary. ;-)
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583
    edited December 1969

Wow, KK, that's similar to my old laptop, which I was surprised ran DS3A so well. I don't think DS4 ran at all on it -- totally blank viewport.

edited December 1969

Crap on a cracker. Chohole keeps pulling away from me. I blame it all on the Bryce forum. I know less than nothing about Bryce, I bet shes in the Poser forum as well. I need more forums.

Help.png
    330 x 94 - 4K
This discussion has been closed.