Just Because I Can. STUPID THREAD IV ♥♡♥♡♥ stooopiddittty!

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,145
    edited December 1969

So someone being at least 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 years old is not impressive. Oh wait the universe has only been around 13 to 14 billion years. Well this character is addicted to time travel. Also this is the future self while there is a present self that is much, much younger. He has lived many lives in as many galaxies as he knows about. He went back into time as early as he could many times in many locations across the known universe but that was not enough. He always tried to find new places to discover. (he is also one of the reasons why humans are spread across the whole universe. Well I had to have some in story excuse why there are so many humans across the universe.)

I think your number is a bit high for this purpose -- if you're restricting him to this universe, as opposed to a string of sequential universes, that makes him old enough to not only live from the big bang to the heat death of the universe repeatedly, but for him to BE every multi-celled organism in the universe.

okay, what would be a more practical age? What is better number then?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583
    edited December 1969

So someone being at least 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 years old is not impressive. Oh wait the universe has only been around 13 to 14 billion years. Well this character is addicted to time travel. Also this is the future self while there is a present self that is much, much younger. He has lived many lives in as many galaxies as he knows about. He went back into time as early as he could many times in many locations across the known universe but that was not enough. He always tried to find new places to discover. (he is also one of the reasons why humans are spread across the whole universe. Well I had to have some in story excuse why there are so many humans across the universe.)

I think your number is a bit high for this purpose -- if you're restricting him to this universe, as opposed to a string of sequential universes, that makes him old enough to not only live from the big bang to the heat death of the universe repeatedly, but for him to BE every multi-celled organism in the universe.

okay, what would be a more practical age? What is better number then?

I would think 10^15 would be more than sufficient to have visited pretty much everywhere that could support humanoid life.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Tjohn your a true friend. As for the rest of you, what is your problem? None of you seem to care that DAZ snatched me bald and sold my HAIR. If DAZ comes out with a MissBadWolf Poof, or a KK Kut styles or a FixmyUPdo or some such I would SO be behind you folks.

It's not important unless it's you, is that it? Is that what I'm seeing? Number this number that. You wait, Daz is trolling the forums looking for nice heads of hair. You could be next. Sleep with one eye open.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Tjohn your a true friend. As for the rest of you, what is your problem? None of you seem to care that DAZ snatched me bald and sold my HAIR. If DAZ comes out with a MissBadWolf Poof, or a KK Kut styles or a FixmyUPdo or some such I would SO be behind you folks.

It's not important unless it's you, is that it? Is that what I'm seeing? Number this number that. You wait, Daz is trolling the forums looking for nice heads of hair. You could be next. Sleep with one eye open.

I commented on this in the complaint thread, before I seen this in the stupid.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Well... if they come after my mop of hair, they're going to feel the pain.

From trying to render it. (Man, it is a lovely hair all right, but apply Visual Shaders to it, and you're gonna be waiting for a looooooooooooooong while...)

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    I commented on this in the complaint thread, before I seen this in the stupid.
    I'm sorry but I seem to have missed that post. I did leave to watch my Football team stomp another once again, Four hours of pure joy.

I'm going to hunt down your post my man.
    edited December 1969

Mine is short but renders just as slow as the longest most full hair I got!

@Skiriki - Question, do you know where I could find a decent Texas style hat (Preferably freebie)

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    @Skiriki - Question, do you know where I could find a decent Texas style hat (Preferably freebie)

Y'mean a ten gallon hat? Sure!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=68784

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Spyro said:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=68784

Absolutely Perfect!! Thank you :cheese:

edited December 1969

And now something delightfully stupid.

History of the typewriter, as recited by Michael Winslow.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Spyro said:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=68784Ah ha! People are trying to hide their hair now. I SO understand.

@Skiriki: I don't think long render times will help. Full size renders are no fun with my hair either.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Ah ha! People are trying to hide their hair now. I SO understand.

No way to hide my hair, tho. :(

@Skiriki: I don't think long render times will help. Full size renders are no fun with my hair either.

Trust me, it is way more painful with Visual Shaders -- if you got 'em, try to apply it to your runaway hair and render and then feel the true pain. Oy. Who knew that transmaps could hurt things so much? Especially in floofy 80s hair?

edited December 1969

Update: Daz may sleep on weekends but their Lawyers do not. If I agree not to raid the corporate headquarters with my Vorpal Sword and my dancing sword (plan A.) they agree to return my hair in a timely manner if I do not pursue them for any profits made from the use of my hair in the creation of the above mentioned (Jade Hiar) item.

I have not yet signed this agreement, I still like the idea of blood and death.

edited December 1969

HEHE News7 is listening intently :-P

edited December 1969

Question:

You know how the viewport in daz limits how many lights are previewed in viewport... Is there a way you can tell daz you want to see more OR select which lights you want to see in viewport?

edited October 2012

Spyro said:
    Question:

You know how the viewport in daz limits how many lights are previewed in viewport... Is there a way you can tell daz you want to see more OR select which lights you want to see in viewport?

Nope, it's a limit of OGL, the first 8 loaded get set. No way around it.
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Clicky on the eye in Scene tab turns off that light in viewport.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

Unfortunately It wont allow another light to be previewed though.

edited December 1969

Channel 7 writers need to know what Jaderails last name is? (Not your name, the character Jaderails)

edited October 2012

Spyro said:
    Skiriki said:

Unfortunately It wont allow another light to be previewed though.

No it will not, even off it is set to USED in OGL.
    Channel 7 writers need to know what Jaderails last name is? (Not your name, the character Jaderails)Jaderial Enous Sunder. First son of the House Sundarian, exiled for a loss in a minor House war.

One before one after....

EDIT: Need bigger?
    !Hair-Avatar2.png
    400 x 400 - 301K
    !Hair-Avatar.png
    400 x 400 - 314K
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

That is just perfect! Thanks heaps!

I hope to have the episode done by tomorrow arvo lol Most of the script has been written and the studio is set up apart from the area lights (But the ds 4.5.1.6 is now installed)

Jaderial Enous Sunder. First son of the House Sundarian, exiled for a loss in a minor House war.

I'll be sure to add this to the script :cheese:

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,979
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Well... if they come after my mop of hair, they're going to feel the pain.

...they come after mine, they'll have to deal with 73cm of razor sharp steel hand forged in the ancient tradition.

...and a matched pair of Ruger Super Warhawks.

Bushido Cowgirl don't do bald.

edited December 1969

watched a bit of a movie last night called replacement bride. There were people writing on typewriters. I do not want to get a typewriter just to be an author. might look cool in a movie

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Your keyboard is effectively a typewriter. The main keys are laid out in the same way as a typewriter, and even the carriage return lever is there,, but is a large button instead of a lever.

You can even convert an old typewriter and use it instead of a keyboard http://shop.usbtypewriter.com/

edited December 1969

I hate it when there is a contest advertised on an item in the store. It says no purchase necessary but the details are in the product itself.

There is a contest at Wendy's. It also says no purchase is necessary. I am not allowed to enter for some reason.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

DAZ 3D rules for contests say some thing about that as well. it;s to do with staff not being allowed to participate.

DAZ3D Published Artists and members of their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Wendy This may help your frustration

DAZ should issue one of these kits to each mod and CV. Y'all need it to deal with all the stupidity and hardheadedness.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I'll try that, thought I did, I'm going to install the full thing again. I had to do resets (gee what a hassle) because I can not find a full set on my back ups. Got it all in one install folder now.

EDIT: I'm Glad I did the Resets now. MOST of the DH has been Updated for DS4.5.

Glad you mentioned the updates, Jaderail. I better get busy and reset.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

I posted in A New Hope.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Mine is short but renders just as slow as the longest most full hair I got!

What do you mean by "Texas style" hat? Depends on what time of year, age, sex, occupation, occasion, etc. Also what part of Texas? The people up in YankeeLand (Dallas) have never dressed like those of us in Southeast Texas or Southwest Texas or Houston.

This discussion has been closed.