Just Because I Can. STUPID THREAD IV ♥♡♥♡♥ stooopiddittty!

Comments

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Darn. All of the sudden I hanker for okra in tomato-onion-chickpea soss wif rice and possibly a side of chikkin.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,099
    edited December 1969

that is a nice render btw Kyoto, I would not even bother adding more than a few lights in studio, it takes way to long to render and they do not even look good without shadows so I really appreciate the time and effort in that.
    my failed (well I am trying again saving to another drive while I run ckdsk on the other one) render had 41 lights with shadows in Carrara plus the bulb on the neon sign is replicated on it's surface 100x, could never do such a thing in 2mins a frame in studio!

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    KK I hope you can find something, maybe shared accomodation or boarding if needed, do not know your circumstances but with a 17 year career in one job, it should look good enough on your resumé for a change of career in a cheaper area maybe.
    for your stuff, storage is your friend until you find a place.

...thank you for the concern.

Unfortunately the few people I know don't have extra room and I'm not into moving in with a complete stranger(s) I don't know. The last thing I need after dealing with all the head games, politik, and pettiness at the day job as well as a grueling commute is to have more of the same in my homelife. For me, home is a refuge from the everyday "crush" of the outside world. In spite of my seemingly openness on the forums (here and elsewhere) I tend to be a fairly solitary person. I like the solitude for it helps me relax and focus on the pursuits I enjoy and need for "decompression" (such as 3D CG and my writing). I have paid my dues in shared living situations. I no longer care to come "home" to find the food I bought eaten, my cookware damaged, being woken up in the middle of the night by a noisy house/flat mate who is still in "pub mode", and having to schedule my homelife around that of someone else.

I actually planned to look for a new job over the summer however, this moving thing kind of put the brakes on that as I not only needed the extra money for deposits, fees & such. but to show a potential landlord/manager that I had a stable life. What I didn't expect was rents taking off like a rocket. Lately when a vacancy occurs, the rent goes up, not just by a little either. One place I was looking at jumped from 650USD to 775USD (not including utilities). Another apartment house in the down the street jacked up rents by 200USD. and this isn't a fancy neighbourhood.

It has become so ridiculous that even dumps are renting for premium rates. Meanwhile the region here is still lagging far behind the rest of the nation economically. So we are basically looking at San Francisco like prices in a Tupelo Mississippi economy.

I do not have the resources to relocate to another city nor the means to as I do not drive.

I'm fifty nine. I don't know what it is like in other countries, but here, even though we have laws against age discrimination, many companies find loopholes to get around it. They want to invest in the young upwardly mobile types who will remain with the company for the long term, not someone who they perceive could become a liability in a few years. One of the major employers in my area (in the tech industry) does everything they can to "weed out" older employees because they feel they become too "unimaginative" and "inflexible".

Even SSI (our "national retirement" plan) isn't an option as the minimum age to collect full benefits has steadily gone up from 55 to now 73 years old. Heck our transit system recently increased the minimum age to qualify for the senior fare discount from 61 to 64 (if I remember correctly when I first moved here, the minimum age was 55 or 56). It's like the "brass ring" keeps moving away faster and faster as the years go on.

I know what you mean about homelessness and age difficulties. Employers didn't want to hire me because I had too much experience. They (1) didn't want to pay for my experience and (2) I probably knew more than they did. I had to temporarily move in with my dad in '91 to keep a roof over my daughter's head. Temporarily lasted until his death 2 years ago and he left me the house. Now that my DD and ISIL got jobs, they are planning to move out as soon as they can. You and Woolyloach can both move in with me and we'll set up a DAZ branch office/retirement home.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    KK, I feel for you. If not for my parents I would be a homeless person right now. My SSD would not cover my last (20 years ago) place I had to rent, and it was too small for me and my Ex at the time. Well wishes follow you all day from me, it's the best I can do. I wish it helped. I know it doesn't.

My Stupid. Why the Eff does the Effing lighting in DS have to be so Effing hard to Effing get the EFF right? This Effing stuff is just a PITA to get Effing right some Effing times. Eff it all to Ell and back!

Jeff, I sense that you are a little upset. Maybe you should try blowing off some steam to make you feel better. :lol:

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,145
    edited December 1969

I used to have SSI, but now I have SSD. I am not even thirty yet.

edited December 1969

I think Jades misses the effing obscenity tags too!!
    on the brightside my Carrara skeleton scene has saved ok, whether or not it is rendering now is another matter
    looking in the folder appears to stop it.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,145
    edited December 1969

Once the flags are back, I can post nudes but not erotica. I hear Renderotica is a great place to post erotica. I do not like True Blood/ Sookie Stack house books and those are erotica. Just finished watching the first two episodes of the first season. Sookie's brother Jason had several scenes with at least two women. Obviously erotic scenes. They decide to show that he has been sleeping around not just say it.

edited December 1969

I think Jades misses the effing obscenity tags too!!
    on the brightside my Carrara skeleton scene has saved ok, whether or not it is rendering now is another matter
    looking in the folder appears to stop it.

So all is not lost...yet.

edited December 1969

have noticed something odd though on the drive I am checking
    looking in the folder appears to stop the render, normally it just adds images to the end of the huge list of 1000's assorted files instead of after the previous image but is in place next time you open the folder and I can open what I have done in virtualdub to see how it looks so far.
    I CANNOT and must not EVER do this if I render to a temp folder btw or the files WILL vanish.
    so it is acting like the temp folder maybe??
    (not game to look in my new folder on the other drive so unsure if I am wasting my time rendering)
    this has never occurred rendering to file before which is why I do it!
    I capture jpgs of my png frames as I go in via edit paint quite frequently, esp with renders of 1000's of frames to do short tests of how it looks as backgrounds etc.

edited December 1969

checkdisc almost done, my render is working so far on the other one.
    (risked opening it in Vdub)
    will be extremely annoying if I can no longer check on ongoing video renders as often stuff wrong so need to stop and tweak.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Sorry to read about you PC problems Wendy.

edited December 1969

Dis one is for Ski....

7uTYb2o6_E2BjyrcQR-KBw2.jpg
    500 x 678 - 67K
    edited December 1969

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

I IS HAPPY! WE GOT SNOW!

And at this point, it is also dry cold, not damp cold, so my joints don't hurt.

edited December 1969

Three inches of snow in my part of the world would shut down everything. We southern folk can't drive in the rain let alone when the roads have frozen stuff on them.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Three inches of snow in my part of the world would shut down everything. We southern folk can't drive in the rain let alone when the roads have frozen stuff on them.

OH dear what would you do in our neck of the woods, this was last winter.
    diferent_snowman_small.jpg
    900 x 675 - 338K
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Wot, 3 inches is nuttin'.

We had two feet of snowfall one year, in span of six or eight hours.

That was FUN! WHEEEE! I went outdoors wading in snow, moving through sidewalks that had slightly less snow on them, thanks to protective buildings.

edited December 1969

I would go out and play in the snow. But getting off my hill would be a no go. I have driven in snow before but I was much younger, and healthier at the time. I love snow but we never get it often enough to get used to it.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,077
    edited December 1969

The problems snow causes in the Southern USA are because.of the scarcity of its occurrence (as Jade says).
    No money spent on snowplows because the expense (including upkeep) can't be justified.
    Short supplies of salt for the roads, for the same reason. (most is for icy conditions on the roads which we do get often here in Tennessee)
    So the snow lays there until it melts on its own.
    Not to mention too many drivers don't know you're supposed to SLOW THE F*** DOWN when road conditions are hazardous.
    Mostly I just stay home and pray the power doesn't go out - and it frequently does.
    I haven't enjoyed snow since I became old enough that I had to drive to work and back through it. And I'm 59 now, so...

edited December 1969

Sure.

BUT I'M HAVING THE TIME OF MY LIFE!

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

SNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I love the snow. Where we used to live we didn't get much snow, so now we are up here and have snow every year, it is great.

Will miss our little dog this year though, we used to play snowballs with him, was funny seeing him trying to find the snowball in the snow.

Not sure what the new cats will make of it though. That could be fun

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Sure.

BUT I'M HAVING THE TIME OF MY LIFE!

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

SNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

Avalanche! Run Skiriki!

avalanche.jpg
    685 x 398 - 49K
    edited December 1969

I like this one...

snow7km.jpg
    400 x 296 - 64K
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I like this one...

:lol: I had a supervisor once who was dumb enough to buy this.
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Jaderail said:

OH dear what would you do in our neck of the woods, this was last winter.

We do the sane thing: stay the F*** inside with our backsides up to the heater/stove/fireplace.

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited October 2012

Jaderail said:

You and 3/4's of the Norwegian population, One would think living in this country would make them prepared, but it's the same dance every single year. As the Liverpool FC slogan, "You'll never walk alone".... In this case, drive. :lol:

Skiriki, you certain it is snow you want, not ice?

Picture taken by a friend of mine during a walk on a glacier back in 2006. One reason I don't now is because of 3D. Still has the ice-picks in a closet somewhere. Worst case was sleeping over at the tallest mountain-top. That was freezing.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/norse_graphics/4625395100/in/set-72157623978503699

4625395100_dd8695f367_b.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 367K
    Post edited by Norse Graphics on
    edited December 1969

Smileys are broken again.

edited December 1969

tjohn said:

not on my Android browser :) ;-P %-P
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:

Maybe they're still cached for you, Wendy. They try to d/l from emailstar.com for me, then fail.
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    tjohn said:

Maybe they're still cached for you, Wendy. They try to d/l from emailstar.com for me, then fail.
    this is what you are missing!
    exciting isn't it!
    SC20121027-182440.png
    1024 x 600 - 110K
    edited December 1969

Meowz.

funny-pictures-red-shoes-cat-stupid.jpg
    500 x 378 - 36K
This discussion has been closed.