The Twinkies and Lime Jello Complaint Thread -- Now With More Squirrels!

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    when i become really depressed this time of year, i like to unwrap a christmas present and play with it; problem is, the only presents laying around is stuff i bought for other people.

Sounds like a good idea. We are awash with birthdays and anniversaries in December as well so there's a lot of depression antidotes around this month :)

Meh lunchtime and not real hungry, there were mince pies and cupcakes in the office this morning, all gone now :)

cupcakes all gone?!

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,147
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    when i become really depressed this time of year, i like to unwrap a christmas present and play with it; problem is, the only presents laying around is stuff i bought for other people.

Sounds like a good idea. We are awash with birthdays and anniversaries in December as well so there's a lot of depression antidotes around this month :)

Meh lunchtime and not real hungry, there were mince pies and cupcakes in the office this morning, all gone now :)

cupcakes all gone?!

I want cupcakes. I even saw some cupcakes I wanted yesterday but I could not get them. They were cute Christmas cupcakes with a little decoration on each cupcake. they were so adorable, but I cannot get one.

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Ledhead said:
    Complaint: I have a growth on my neck and the doc isn't sure what it is yet, an infection or something not good.

Non-complaint: The growth is not on my testicles.

small mercies hey, hope that clears up for you soon :)

The growth I am talking about is actually a swelling that goes from the back of my neck to half way along my jaw then from the bottom of my ear to the bottom of my neck. It is HUGE so I am letting my facial hair grow into a beard to keep it from being so noticeable. Sure hoping it is an infection of some sort. If I hear the BIG C word it will be rather depressing.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,078
    edited December 1969

Moral dilemma: If the cupcakes look like you, is it still OK to eat them?

cupcakes-look-like-dog.jpg
    540 x 405 - 26K
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,147
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:

funny
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,985
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    can't imagine what squirrel would taste like - gamey I guess :)

...I thought that's how MMO & RPG geeks would taste...
  • RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited December 1969

Two critters I adopted. The little gryphon is a part of a species a friend came up with called "Pocket Gryphs" - they're always tiny like that. This one was shown inside a bubble that he played in.

We named him Bloop o3o

I named the dragon Tremor because of his Earthy theme.
    (Bloop can be seen in his bubble on the page I adopted him from: http://clazzeh.deviantart.com/art/Hard-lesson-195498529 )

bloop-and-tremor__2.jpg
    1280 x 900 - 173K
    edited December 1969

Next up: RAIN OF TOADS!!! :bug: :bug:

...I think that's in our local long range forecast. Supposedly on the 21st.

...followed by intermittent locusts and the Willamette River running with blood.

...at least we'll dodge the fiery hail. Computer models indicate that's expected to stay in the south end of the valley (Salem, Corvallis, and Eugine).

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,048
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    ps1borg said:
    Ledhead said:
    Complaint: I have a growth on my neck and the doc isn't sure what it is yet, an infection or something not good.

The growth I am talking about is actually a swelling that goes from the back of my neck to half way along my jaw then from the bottom of my ear to the bottom of my neck. It is HUGE so I am letting my facial hair grow into a beard to keep it from being so noticeable. Sure hoping it is an infection of some sort. If I hear the BIG C word it will be rather depressing.
    I don't think I ever wished for an infection on anyone I did not hate... but seeing that you are a nice person and the alernatives are worse, I hope its a nice easily cureable infection... and not the Big C. I really hope it is not the Big M either... Manitous are pretty hard to remove....
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Manitou
    but seriously, be well. And don't watch that movie... it is pretty terrible.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

...yeah, mine is the day after the world is scheduled to end.

...and it's not even a Megabucks Lotto draw day.

edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    ps1borg said:
    Ledhead said:

I don't think I ever wished for an infection on anyone I did not hate... but seeing that you are a nice person and the alernatives are worse, I hope its a nice easily cureable infection... and not the Big C. I really hope it is not the Big M either... Manitous are pretty hard to remove....
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Manitou
    but seriously, be well. And don't watch that movie... it is pretty terrible.

Holy crap, I would rather it be cancer than a living organism.

Thx for your thoughts lordvicore.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

cupcakes all gone?!

I want cupcakes. I even saw some cupcakes I wanted yesterday but I could not get them. They were cute Christmas cupcakes with a little decoration on each cupcake. they were so adorable, but I cannot get one.

They were so sweet, my dentist will hate me. Got some fish and chips later on but shouldn't eat cupcakes before lunch, is a cautionary tale :)

edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    ps1borg said:
    Ledhead said:

Sounds uncomfortable, hope there is a solution for you real soon uncertainty sucks :)

edited December 1969

tjohn said:

Hehe a dilemma worth thinking about for at least a few seconds *noms*

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Two critters I adopted. The little gryphon is a part of a species a friend came up with called "Pocket Gryphs" - they're always tiny like that. This one was shown inside a bubble that he played in.

We named him Bloop o3o

I named the dragon Tremor because of his Earthy theme.
    (Bloop can be seen in his bubble on the page I adopted him from: http://clazzeh.deviantart.com/art/Hard-lesson-195498529 )

Earth shaking Tremor hehe :)

edited December 2012

Kyoto Kid said:
    ps1borg said:

...yeah, mine is the day after the world is scheduled to end.

...and it's not even a Megabucks Lotto draw day.

Another Maggi Saggi yay! National Geo channel is running a survival guide to Mayan Apocalypse on the 21st. We are a day ahead, I'll let you know how it all went. I start a new job the day after my birthday in January, don't know whether that's good or bad :)

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

Double yay, only 7 more sleeps until don't have to get up early every morning. Oh wait, I enjoy getting up early in the morning :)

edited December 1969

This is good animation if you like historical stuff http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=072qD7mB_vs

edited December 1969

complaint, no lait for my cafe. i can drink cawffee without sugar, but not without real cream. sigh

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Ledhead said:
    ps1borg said:
    Ledhead said:

Sounds uncomfortable, hope there is a solution for you real soon uncertainty sucks :)

They are going to scan my head Friday morning. I sure hope I find out then.

edited December 1969

Compaint: This spoof of a Harbor Freight ad is funnier than my promos:
    http://www.vintagemotoring.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2109
    You would have to regularly read their ads or shop at their store to really appreciate it, but anyone who has bought cheap tools might snicker... And it looks like it is mostly done as 3D models...
    Pretty funny... love the laser guided paint brush and the work gloves.

edited December 1969

Ledhead said:

They are going to scan my head Friday morning. I sure hope I find out then.

Good Luck!

edited December 1969

Compaint: This spoof of a Harbor Freight ad is funnier than my promos:
    http://www.vintagemotoring.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2109
    You would have to regularly read their ads or shop at their store to really appreciate it, but anyone who has bought cheap tools might snicker... And it looks like it is mostly done as 3D models...
    Pretty funny... love the laser guided paint brush and the work gloves.

A 16 ton hydraulic nail unbender for only $135. Sounds like a fantastic buy.

Garden hose extension cord combo. Ha!

18 volt cordless hammer. lol

You need to post this in the stupid thread, unless you posted it here because you bought something from them that didn't quite meet expectations. Brahahaha.

edited December 1969

There is a Stupid thread!? Hmmm... intriguing...

edited December 2012

there's mistletoe in the giveaways http://www.renderosity.com/2012-holiday-giveaway-week-1-cms-16467

sharper eyes than mine, Laurie's, noticed that even though it says mistletoe, it's not actually mistletoe.

this would explain why it wasn't working. christmas kisses under holly, doh

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

i've been following the news articles on the HMS Bounty replica that went down in Hurricane Sandy.

it just dawned on me the Capt went down with the ship. so depressing.

edited December 1969

prolly not complaint worthy, but my diet coke is extra fizzies

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Played with lights all last night - urgh. Very educational.

Finally sick of my crummy computer chair so I ordered a new one from Newegg, plus a task light so I cna see to solder on my guitar better, and finally earbuds for my Android tablet. Merry Christmas to me! :smirk:

Otherwise, meh. Today is just.. meh. Meh when I woke up, meh at lunch, probably meh at bedtime.

Meh. :smirk:

edited December 1969

belch ... scratch arm pit ... yep, letting it all hang out ... er ... i meant, hang loose. wheww talk about misconstruing

edited December 1969

Morning. Warm today under a big blue sky that seems to go forever :)

This discussion has been closed.