The Twinkies and Lime Jello Complaint Thread -- Now With More Squirrels!

Comments

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

i can't think of holidays props to make that there isn't dozens or hundreds of already?

Wants a Sidra tree, source of traditional medicines in the M.E. since antiquity :)

st.png
    287 x 185 - 108K
    edited December 1969

Cool breeze blowing through my window, outside some rooftops seem to be sagging and the city has a kind of wilted and faded quality in the heat so I guess a cool change will be good for a few hours :)

edited December 2012

Huge, tumultuous luminous dark clouds streaked red and orange by sunset and squawking seagulls wheeling around in flocks silhouetted against what's left of daylight here :)

Post edited by ps1borg on
  • M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

Zzzzzzz... (~_~)...

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,147
    edited December 1969

good morning. I am awake and ready to start the day!

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited December 2012

Me as a gryphon o3o

I was a wyvern once~

I suuuuck at Front-views. Especially more so when floof is involved DX

But yeah. Me as a gryph o3o

I somehow gained the ability to shrink my attackers at random. I shrink stuff about to eat me, and then I eat them instead! Must be so embarrassing for the would-be predator...

*ahem* Yes well... I can't really rely on it all too well since it tends to happen at random, and I can't yet control it D:

Rae-rae__gryph2.jpg
    861 x 583 - 165K
    Post edited by Rezca on
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

UV Unwrapping is killing me! It not playing nice at all. How the heck do people uv map pants and have them turn out so beautiful?

I've watched tutorial after tutorial... All of them are using low res models, all of them use the same method... Planar Unwrap and Pelt Unwrap... The best Pants UV is sliced at the seams, on the inner seam that goes through the fly and the outer legs. I try it and it goes to crap. The edges curl, I get overlapping, and distortions. Relaxing it just screws it up.

I've tried doing it front left leg, back left leg, Right front leg, Right back leg... And still it fails. It's such high res that no way in the world could I manually do it.

edited December 2012

Ignore my last picture...

This one is much better! :D

Bahh... But Transcribing my name into katakana is.... Tough. According to this text editor I'm using, there is a way to get a "tha" sound by mixing a (te) and a smaller (a) character.... But... I don't even know if that's possible in regular Japanese. The only other way I can think of is to use (ha) instead.

So I have either the way it is now (reitharisu) or play it safe and only use sounds I know exist and type it as (reiharisu)

...I need someone who can write in Japanese to help me so badly XD

Anyway... Not my name "Akaikosh", which I've already gotten down pretty well, but my wyvern-sona's name "Rae-Thalis".

*edit to add* That in this image I went with the latter spelling using "ha" ^_^

Rae-rae__gryph2.jpg
    861 x 583 - 168K
    Post edited by Rezca on
  • WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Dark and drizzly morning in Austin - a good day to stay home and render!

My i5 system isn't fast enough for me - time to save for that i7 lappy I've been lusting after!! Argh! :ahhh:

Broke down ansd got some more Daz goodies.. stuff for Sadie and a new hair! You can NEVER have too much hair for your models!! :bug:

Not much else goig on - trying to wake up, cooking brekkie, installing... more... content... :smirk: :bug:

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

Good Mornins

yayy no work today

catfish can grow to five feet? yikes
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/catfish-learning-hunt-pigeons-land-video-231659764.html

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    UV Unwrapping is killing me! It not playing nice at all. How the heck do people uv map pants and have them turn out so beautiful?

I've watched tutorial after tutorial... All of them are using low res models, all of them use the same method... Planar Unwrap and Pelt Unwrap... The best Pants UV is sliced at the seams, on the inner seam that goes through the fly and the outer legs. I try it and it goes to crap. The edges curl, I get overlapping, and distortions. Relaxing it just screws it up.

I've tried doing it front left leg, back left leg, Right front leg, Right back leg... And still it fails. It's such high res that no way in the world could I manually do it.

sometimes it helps to cut vertically in strips, then stitch back together. i use wings3d, it can be tedious

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

...I can't believe that I got suckered into playing Gameloft's My Little Pony game and now I'm addicted. o_O :bug: If someone else plays that, let me know so I can friggin' friendlist them there. :lol:

edited December 1969

My i5 system isn't fast enough for me - time to save for that i7 lappy I've been lusting after!! Argh! :ahhh:

Broke down ansd got some more Daz goodies.. stuff for Sadie and a new hair! You can NEVER have too much hair for your models!! :bug:

Not much else goig on - trying to wake up, cooking brekkie, installing... more... content... :smirk: :bug:

how many cores is that?

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    i can't think of holidays props to make that there isn't dozens or hundreds of already?

Wants a Sidra tree, source of traditional medicines in the M.E. since antiquity :)

maybe i could do a leaf or two ...

edited December 1969

how many cores is that?

The i5 is two physical cores + hyperthreading, so it looks like 4 but it's not. The i7 I'm looking at is four physical cores, which should kick some serious butt!!!!

I found a six-core AMD desktop box, refurbished, for $400 but I don't want a desktop to move around - lappys only in case I have to move for work. :-S

Time to go shopping - just started a backup of my runtime to a USB drive and it's sssllloowww... :smirk:

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670
    edited December 1969

i tried to reply but I got an error message. I said that I might buy an affordable 7" tablet because my iPod touch has a small screen.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,078
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:

Bahh... But Transcribing my name into katakana is.... Tough. According to this text editor I'm using, there is a way to get a "tha" sound by mixing a (te) and a smaller (a) character.... But... I don't even know if that's possible in regular Japanese. The only other way I can think of is to use (ha) instead.

So I have either the way it is now (reitharisu) or play it safe and only use sounds I know exist and type it as (reiharisu)

Anyway... Not my name "Akaikosh", which I've already gotten down pretty well, but my wyvern-sona's name "Rae-Thalis".

Put it into Google Translate from English to Arabic. Not only is the Arabic script beautiful, but the Arabic pronunciation is lovely as well.
    edited December 2012

Vaiyo A-O A Home Va Ya Ray Vaiyo A-Rah Jerhume Brunnen G
    Fighters of the Fight For their home and their heart We fighters will win or die Forever we are Brunnen G

strawberry cake all gone.

needed an Eva fix. shouldn't be watching Lexx so close to Christmas, it sorta shifts me to the left of reality.
    to the right of reality is the apothecary.

i luv Wist's outfit.

i'm losing track of scifi.
    Aeon-Flux?
    Tripping-The-Rift?

i'm noticing a trend though. pretty alien girls in scanty outfits. hmm, what could be the reason for that?

tee hee Sheldon and tiny Spock. "tiny Spock, help"

tee hee. their shower curtain is the periodic table - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3IsR2a36hw

"the emperor is not as forgiving as i am" - was he being facetious?

i'm home alone again. saturday night and not much of a life. my doggie is here keeping me company.

Washington State seems an interesting place to move to, of a sudden. i can even find it on a map.

i don't know where Kentucky is on the map. i ordered charlie brown christmas from amazon, the tracking number says it left Kentucky. i think it means it's still far away.

untitled7.png
    200 x 315 - 137K
    Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

Squirrel drop! Sorry no tentacles... :-P

squirrel_001.jpg
    500 x 455 - 42K
    edited December 2012

Shadow tentacles?

(haha, and only reason I'm posting this is because I know she makes it out alive X3
    The owner of that dragon doesn't let her character die XD )

tpf6o3wk.jpg
    711 x 619 - 341K
    Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

The next drop WILL have tentacles!!! :snake: :snake:

Then we add Vicky! Hee hee heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :vampire:

edited December 1969

Morning. Meh sleepy Sunday morning, a cool breeze from the South today - is not so hot right now under a grey sky with the promise of rain. Ooooh squirrels :) Hey Rezca is it hatch day yet? :)

edited December 1969

is he looking for peanuts?

edited December 1969

why did the chicken cross the moebius strip? .. to get to the same side

ice cream whelps :)

one more encore from the guild :) :)

guild.png
    379 x 311 - 238K
    icecreamwhelps.png
    300 x 500 - 308K
    edited December 1969

Mmmmmmm ice cream goblins *noms*

edited December 1969

Rezca said:

Nice drawing, do the runes say the name or something else?

edited December 1969

good morning. I am awake and ready to start the day!

*waves* hopes that went good for you :)

edited December 1969

Spyro said:

*sympathises* You are following a seam guide to set up the geometry for cuts?

edited December 1969

Is a real sinister squirrel :)

edited December 1969

Party time in Melbourne, the smell and chatter of BBQ cooking and family from almost every backyard and balcony today :)

This discussion has been closed.