The Twinkies and Lime Jello Complaint Thread -- Now With More Squirrels!

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,985
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    BTW, if you rearrange the letters in Magento. you get Magneto - the name of one of the most evil Marvel Comics villains ever.
    Coincidence?

...I've actually used that from time to time. :cheese:

I guess the Master of Magnetism needs the money badly so he can rebuild Asteroid M. (is it coincidence there are no longer any shuttle flights and the only manned launches are from the old Soviet Star City complex in Kazakhstan which rarely if ever get any media coverage?)

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

Kangaroo Island. i hear that place is reall-llee hopping. -rimshaa

we at the earth kingdom city of Omashu, riding the mail carts. the cabbages guy iz way too attached to his cabbages.

edited December 1969

Magneto wouldn't last long against an earthbender

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Warm again today under a big bright blue sky :)

edited December 1969

...for a moment I read that as "earthblender". I'd agree as any appliance that can blend an entire planet is far more powerful.

As I heard that's what Galactus uses when he's in the mood for a planet smoothie.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

...for a moment I read that as "earthblender". I'd agree as any appliance that can blend an entire planet is far more powerful.

As I heard that's what Galactus uses when he's in the mood for a planet smoothie.

Lexx slices planets into bite size digestible chunks.

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

do they still have the 7.95 monthly renewal?

i have a few weeks left, the 7.95 is all i'm ready to commit to.

I'm still on it - and still get a monthly charge on my PP. So far. >_<</p>
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Oh this is cool. All this is very very cool. I just learned that by using Internet Explorer. It works 100% all my daz site.

edited December 2012

Aang crossed over to the spirit world. Roku's animal guide is a very big dragon.

Roku's temple is *gasp* in the fire nation, Aang has to go there by the soltice to speak to Roku's spirit.

uh ohs, a fire nation blockade. "Appa, yip yip"

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

umm, this is a bit untrue at the moment, isn't it?

there is nothing recent in the pc gallery, just a couple of highlights from 2011.

pcart.png
    885 x 373 - 16K
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,078
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

(Tjohn has snorting-filled geek laughter fit) :lol:

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,147
    edited December 1969

i have no internet right now wwaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 2012

umm, this is a bit untrue at the moment, isn't it?

there is nothing recent in the pc gallery, just a couple of highlights from 2011.

Gallery not been working for some time now.

We also rarely get exclusive previews to upcoming products. When we do, its like 1 day before release. ( That came after we all had a big thread which we complained that we don't get previews. )

But it's been worth it despite this, during all the sales :)

(Of course, you already know this being a PC member yourself)

Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Oh this is cool. All this is very very cool. I just learned that by using Internet Explorer. It works 100% all my daz site.

Jader, someone was talking about you behind your back in the Members Forum under the Little Green Boxes thread. If you need any help in kicking his a$$ let me know. I'm just the guy to do it.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited December 2012

Ledhead said:
    Jaderail said:

Jader, someone was talking about you behind your back in the Members Forum under the Little Green Boxes thread. If you need any help in kicking his a$$ let me know. I'm just the guy to do it.

Can I feed him to my gryphon? =P

Post edited by Rezca on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Ledhead said:
    Jaderail said:

Can I feed him to my gryphon? =PGo ahead Rezca,(Nice Avater by the way), It's just some dude that thinks I can use this thing. I'm still learning as I go. So far so good.

edited December 2012

Just to conclude me and Borgs convo from last night...

@Borg - This is the best I could do with the existing buckle. I wielded everything I could without causing distortion.

Attached UV and Colour coded UV.

Being such a minor area of the full UV map of the item, I hope Daz will pass it in QA

Colour_Coded.jpg
    1388 x 764 - 702K
    Buckle_UV.jpg
    1388 x 764 - 729K
    Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Just to conclude me and Borgs convo from last night...

@Borg - This is the best I could do with the existing buckle. I wielded everything I could without causing distortion.

Attached UV and Colour coded UV.

Being such a minor area of the full UV map of the item, I hope Daz will pass it in QA

Great. Appears to be a good unwrap, I'll keep fingers crossed for you. Get a tester or two to have a play before you submit :)

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    ps1borg said:
    Whoa getting cool outside tonight, gots to go inside and stay calm. Last week at work starts tomorrow yay, too excited to sleep !

Thats right, you changing jobs arent you? You got a holiday gap in between?

It's cold on the border of VIC as well.

Four and a bit weeks break from this Friday, hoping the weather stays warm :)

edited December 2012

mope, mope, i refuse to mope all day.

pizza with bbq sauce! that'll add fiesta to a rainy soggy sunday afternoon

dvd line up today, Incredibles, Finding Nemo, and Bolt.

parched, wantz one of those drinks in the coconut

i don't think i'm living my life to the fullest. but not sure what it should be.

Is a catch 22 thing, if you think you have a full life you probably don't, if you are aware there is more you probably do, what else is there but more?

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 2012

ps1borg said:
    good morning. I am awake and ready to start the day!

*waves* hopes that went good for you :)

Yes that went great!

hey great )

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Ledhead said:
    Jaderail said:

hungry Gryphon needz noms :)

edited December 1969

Yes of course, I will be asking some people to test it all for me :) (According to Daz product info, Vendors do the beta testing and are required to have people test it before submitting to Daz)

Question... Would you guys prefer to have the all the buckles one texture UV...(as on the attached image) Or all separate so that each can be a separate textured, thus you 'could' theoretically have four different textured buckles... They can also have separate material zones too. I prob wouldn't set any of them invisible though, since the straps and the pants require it.

Full_UV.jpg
    1190 x 805 - 772K
    edited December 1969

Went ahead with the Buckle UV's Separated, on the basis of UV Rule #1 - No Overlapping, and also so people can have individually textured buckles. ie. If they want rusted buckles, they will be unique and not identical.

Hows this for a UV Template? :)

(Minor adjustments to the edge of the main pants needs to be made, as it has broken rule no. #1 :-S

Test_Render_Template.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 1M
  • M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 2012

Straighten out the straps (To make it easier to put logos / writing along them)... also straighten out the seam of the pants (again, to make it easier to align things down them). Align the pocket sides to be "up-down" (ditto).

Or ignore me ;-).

Post edited by M F M on
    edited December 2012

Beautiful sunny Melbourne day to walk home in, home and not even 6PM yet yay! And my render finished on one machine, moar yay! 1500x1500 8 cores 27 hours 30 minutes, the other rendering one on four cores is at 26.4% - weak yay :)

eta V4 skin by me, V4 shaders by me, hairy Tiger by AM, rendo Flapper frock, JT"s Baroque Grandeur with added reflect, a circus prop and a cage prop belonging to a truck prop :)

M211209.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 680K
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Yes of course, I will be asking some people to test it all for me :) (According to Daz product info, Vendors do the beta testing and are required to have people test it before submitting to Daz)

Question... Would you guys prefer to have the all the buckles one texture UV...(as on the attached image) Or all separate so that each can be a separate textured, thus you 'could' theoretically have four different textured buckles... They can also have separate material zones too. I prob wouldn't set any of them invisible though, since the straps and the pants require it.

Much to celebrate :)

edited December 2012

Rezca said:
    Ledhead said:
    Jaderail said:

...you have my six guns and blades to back you up as well.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited December 1969

I think this might be interesting to some of you folks (Especially Spyro and ps1borg, who have access to 3DSMax and Lightwave respectively. Though I'm unsure if LW has cloth dynamics..?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-S7wQx_hvs

A behind-the-scenes thing on the work they did prior to setting up the hair and cloth dynamics in some CGI film.

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    I think this might be interesting to some of you folks (Especially Spyro and ps1borg, who have access to 3DSMax and Lightwave respectively. Though I'm unsure if LW has cloth dynamics..?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-S7wQx_hvs

A behind-the-scenes thing on the work they did prior to setting up the hair and cloth dynamics in some CGI film.

Hehe one thing you can say for sure about animation techniques is they are boring beyond words. Cloth FX in LW since version 7(?) 8 (?) afair :)

This discussion has been closed.