The Twinkies and Lime Jello Complaint Thread -- Now With More Squirrels!

Comments

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

M F M said:
    Straighten out the straps (To make it easier to put logos / writing along them)... also straighten out the seam of the pants (again, to make it easier to align things down them). Align the pocket sides to be "up-down" (ditto).

Or ignore me ;-).

Okay, I had a play...

Reduced the curves as much as I could... Relax seems to want it slightly curved in areas... But overall, it's some what reduced.

I cant straighten the seam on the pants any more because it is actually curved in the geometry with the fabric flow. If I do, 'relax' distorts the pants heaps with rippling distortions all over the place. It's as straightened as I can get it at this stage I'm afraid.

Here's the reduction of the straps :)

Test_Render_Template_2.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 1M
  • RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Rezca said:
    I think this might be interesting to some of you folks (Especially Spyro and ps1borg, who have access to 3DSMax and Lightwave respectively. Though I'm unsure if LW has cloth dynamics..?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-S7wQx_hvs

A behind-the-scenes thing on the work they did prior to setting up the hair and cloth dynamics in some CGI film.

Hehe one thing you can say for sure about animation techniques is they are boring beyond words. Cloth FX in LW since version 7(?) 8 (?) afair :)
    Oh I dunno, I found it to be quite fascinating o3o

It's the final result, the movie itself, that I find boring in most cases XD

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited December 1969

Birthday gift (or hatchday gift XD ) I got for a friend of mine of his wyvern-self "Kelenken" along with his pet snake "Julius Squeezer" XD
    Haha... *ahem* He's a snake owner in real life, but Squeezer is a Royal Python and not a Green Anaconda :P

I thought that since Kelen as a wyvern is like... I think he said 11ft or so tall, that it'd make more sense to scale his pet snake up a bit too :)
    Wrap around his entire body rather than just around his hand XD

This drawing was $90.00 :O
    We're both eagerly anticipating the shaded result :)
    (Course, Kelen pointed out his eyes are blue and not green... :P )

akaikosh_hatchling_4.jpg
    700 x 700 - 99K
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

hiya. glad to find yoos awake.

2am snack time? :) reheated pizza?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,985
    edited December 2012

ps1borg said:
    Beautiful sunny Melbourne day to walk home in, home and not even 6PM yet yay! And my render finished on one machine, moar yay! 1500x1500 8 cores 27 hours 30 minutes, the other rendering one on four cores is at 26.4% - weak yay :)

eta V4 skin by me, V4 shaders by me, hairy Tiger by AM, rendo Flapper frock, JT"s Baroque Grandeur with added reflect, a circus prop and a cage prop belonging to a truck prop :)

...looks much better.

Dang, 27 hours with 8 hyperhteading cores and 48G of RAM, must be all that reflectivity and the transmaps in the tiger's fur.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

*waves* home from work early, and only three more sleeps until no work at all for the rest of the year yay :)

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    umm, this is a bit untrue at the moment, isn't it?

there is nothing recent in the pc gallery, just a couple of highlights from 2011.

Gallery not been working for some time now.

We also rarely get exclusive previews to upcoming products. When we do, its like 1 day before release. ( That came after we all had a big thread which we complained that we don't get previews. )

But it's been worth it despite this, during all the sales :)

(Of course, you already know this being a PC member yourself)

it was worth it for all the 1.99 stuff.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

*waves* home from work early, and only three more sleeps until no work at all for the rest of the year yay :)

Life's a beach. lol, or pool :)

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ps1borg said:
    Beautiful sunny Melbourne day to walk home in, home and not even 6PM yet yay! And my render finished on one machine, moar yay! 1500x1500 8 cores 27 hours 30 minutes, the other rendering one on four cores is at 26.4% - weak yay :)

eta V4 skin by me, V4 shaders by me, hairy Tiger by AM, rendo Flapper frock, JT"s Baroque Grandeur with added reflect, a circus prop and a cage prop belonging to a truck prop :)

...looks much better.

Dang, 27 hours with 8 hyperhteading cores and 48G of RAM, must be all that reflectivity and the transmaps in the tiger's fur.

Tiger skin is all geometry, very resource heavy but with a little care turns out you can use IDL with it, just have to wait a while. Wait s lot, really, but I wanted to look into the whole IDL and geometry-based hair thing. Knew it would be slow. Don't often do pinup type thingies eother so double yay :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

really wants a couple of weeks of beach and bay, is up to the weather now we'll have to see. I'm resigned to working flat out through February *sigh* But it feels like one of those classic Aussie hot endless summer coming. A bit more anxious about fires this year is the only downside, more so than the past couple of years.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    umm, this is a bit untrue at the moment, isn't it?

there is nothing recent in the pc gallery, just a couple of highlights from 2011.

Gallery not been working for some time now.

We also rarely get exclusive previews to upcoming products. When we do, its like 1 day before release. ( That came after we all had a big thread which we complained that we don't get previews. )

But it's been worth it despite this, during all the sales :)

(Of course, you already know this being a PC member yourself)

it was worth it for all the 1.99 stuff.

+1

edited December 1969

oh noes, somehow messed up my v4wm .cr2. she's looking for her helper bone .objs.

i swapped her uvs with M4's, thinking to use her male morph, until the day ever comes m4wm comes out.

edited December 1969

oh noes, somehow messed up my v4wm .cr2. she's looking for her helper bone .objs.

i swapped her uvs with M4's, thinking to use her male morph, until the day ever comes m4wm comes out.

Can't find Adam's Rib bone? :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:

really wants a couple of weeks of beach and bay, is up to the weather now we'll have to see. I'm resigned to working flat out through February *sigh* But it feels like one of those classic Aussie hot endless summer coming. A bit more anxious about fires this year is the only downside, more so than the past couple of years.

i think, we're closer to the sun right now, on spaceship mother earth. and you have the longer daylight hours, iz double jeopardy.

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Birthday gift (or hatchday gift XD ) I got for a friend of mine of his wyvern-self "Kelenken" along with his pet snake "Julius Squeezer" XD
    Haha... *ahem* He's a snake owner in real life, but Squeezer is a Royal Python and not a Green Anaconda :P

I thought that since Kelen as a wyvern is like... I think he said 11ft or so tall, that it'd make more sense to scale his pet snake up a bit too :)
    Wrap around his entire body rather than just around his hand XD

This drawing was $90.00 :O
    We're both eagerly anticipating the shaded result :)
    (Course, Kelen pointed out his eyes are blue and not green... :P )

Looks great so far :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:

i think, we're closer to the sun right now, on spaceship mother earth. and you have the longer daylight hours, iz double jeopardy.

All the emergency fire warning alerts on radio and TV aren't very helpful either :) Is getting near the anniversary of the big fire, I'm a lot more jumpy and miserable about it than I was on the first few anniversaries, think that's strange.

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    M F M said:
    Straighten out the straps (To make it easier to put logos / writing along them)... also straighten out the seam of the pants (again, to make it easier to align things down them). Align the pocket sides to be "up-down" (ditto).

Or ignore me ;-).

Okay, I had a play...

Reduced the curves as much as I could... Relax seems to want it slightly curved in areas... But overall, it's some what reduced.

I cant straighten the seam on the pants any more because it is actually curved in the geometry with the fabric flow. If I do, 'relax' distorts the pants heaps with rippling distortions all over the place. It's as straightened as I can get it at this stage I'm afraid.

Here's the reduction of the straps :)
    Straps look good now (^_^)d... could you rotate the pockets in the lower-right to be more "up-down", and straighten up the seven tabs underneath them as well. (wow thread is moving along...)

edited December 1969

M F M said:

Or ignore me ;-).

hehe never LOL :)

edited December 2012

Phew think I caught up *kerplop* eta 10 hours 4 cores 16GB 65.8%, don't think the render will finish tonight :)

Post edited by ps1borg on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,985
    edited December 1969

...just about to head to bed. Workday tomorrow. My vacation request was approved so after this week have nine days to kick back, relax and finish setting everything up on the new workstation. Then it's render city baby.

Packers won. Now in sole possession of the NFC "Norris" div with three games left in the season.

Stopped off and got some of my favourite Korma Curry Chicken on the way home. Tad expensive but oh so good and the prefect preventive medicine for all the viruses that are going around.

Had a little hot cocoa to close out the evening and now ready for a good night's sleep.

...nity nite all.

edited December 2012

ps1borg said:
    M F M said:

Or ignore me ;-).

<(^_^)... you always say the nicest things Ps1... I must learn from the Master m(_._)m...</p>

Back to Spyro - here's a suggestion of the parts I'm talking about - straightening up the pieces in the lower-right corner... I'm surprised you can't "straighten" the thick white lines (which I'm assuming are the seams on the outer edge of the pants) to be closer to the red ones, without affecting the geometry. You're not permitted to adjust the UV-map independent of the mesh?

(my $0.022, now with added GST ;-)

ETA: nini KK (^_^)n

spyro_adjustment_suggestion.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 534K
    Post edited by M F M on
    edited December 2012

M F M said:
    ps1borg said:
    M F M said:

Or ignore me ;-).

<(^_^)... you always say the nicest things Ps1... I must learn from the Master m(_._)m...</p>

Back to Spyro - here's a suggestion of the parts I'm talking about - straightening up the pieces in the lower-right corner... I'm surprised you can't "straighten" the thick white lines (which I'm assuming are the seams on the outer edge of the pants) to be closer to the red ones, without affecting the geometry. You're not permitted to adjust the UV-map independent of the mesh?

(my $0.022, now with added GST ;-)

ETA: nini KK (^_^)n

I can, but there will be distortion. The white line (The seam) is actually curled like that in the mesh. The UV is flat, that part (Main pants surface) of the UV was flattered cylindrically (The only way I could get it to work with minimal distortion). Here is a rotation of it in perspective view. - While the UV is slightly exaggerating the curve, there is actually a curve.

I dont really have the skill to straighten the seam beyond the current. I cant relax the UV of the pants, as it distorts the bulk of it with jagged zig zags (I dont know why, and I dont know how to fix it either). Mr UV does not play nice with me at all lol.

The pockets - More so the sides are also angled in the design. It follows the pattern of common ski pants :)

I keep researching so I can learn how to fix these things lol :-P

Pants_7_Rot_ForumScale.png
    2000 x 971 - 6M
    Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

Hmmm... I see. I must admit I'm not too familiar with "soft" object mapping (nor ski pants, for that matter ;-) - I should step aside and let someone else make suggestions as to what would be easiest to texture <(^_^).</p>

G'night (~_~)n

edited December 2012

Thanks for all your help and encouragement MFM! :)

I think my skill is whats holding me back... Max is huge and very much advanced lol Most tutorials only cover low poly objects... beyond low poly things seem so much more mind boggling lol

I just so glad I was even able to unwrap it all in the first place haha!

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Now I wonder if Jaderails can make his Dragon-thingy type my name!

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,147
    edited December 1969

I cannot find my phone right away

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

OOH that sounds like a challenge.

edited December 2012

Skiriki said:

LMAO... I was just about to complain that I havent spoke to you in a while :-P (I was beginning to worry, you're my sister addict lol)

Would like to know the answer to your question :-P

Half way in post count cho! I'll catch up to you one day on some blue moon.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,078
    edited December 1969

Oh no! It's Monday morning! Wait...I'm retired. (shrug) Just another morning. Off to the local Hardees for breakfast with the other old retired guys and a nice session of griping about how ungrateful the younger generation is and stuff.
    Ah...good times.

Old_Men_card.png
    375 x 525 - 405K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2012

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mondays-are-the-worst-day-of-the-week.jpg
    600 x 422 - 41K
    Post edited by Chohole on
This discussion has been closed.