The Snow Bikini Complaint Thread

Comments

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited December 1969

@Misty: Yeah I got that screen for about an HOUR while trying to Log in :P
    No posts could be made from me (Thankfully) because of that ^_^

edited December 1969

"This supposed “upgrade” has been anything but over the last seven months. I never had this much trouble with the old site as “rickety” as they said it was."

An "If it isn't broken, why fix it" sort of situation? :P

I never had any problems with the old forum either other than the poor search functions ^_^

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...just got the same rubbbish while attempting to DL one of the Teen5 installers.

I have almost 40 files to DL and scheduled the day for that purpose.

This supposed "upgrade" has been anything but over the last seven months. I never had this much trouble with the old site as "rickety" as they said it was.

if i don't spend my drinking money on sale stuff, i'll spend it on martinis. :lol:
    chocolate martini waiting for me after the long bus trip home.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,985
    edited December 2012

..In my book the world actually ended on May 17th, when the Magento update went live. This site has been a royal H*ll on Earth ever since.

...and Zombies doth fed on our Galleries, and Locusts, our Vouchers
    While a torrent of fiendish errors the likes of which could never be imagined
    doth swept across the once fertile virtual land and lay it spoilt and fallow.
    For seven months have we suffered the torment of a plague so hideous
    For seven months have we have endured the abomination known as Magento.
    There was a gnashing of teeth, a grumbling of voices, and feelings of woe
    and the huddled masses did gather, and doth cried out for a hero to save them.
    A Hero to lead us to a land flowing with good deals and vouchers
    a land where where we can post our true feelings, our visions, and buy with confidence.

Yea, oh great Daz, heareth the lamentations of thy people.
    Free us from the darkness, Let Magento go...

...there endeth the reading, amen.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    @Misty: Yeah I got that screen for about an HOUR while trying to Log in :P
    No posts could be made from me (Thankfully) because of that ^_^

caching issues?

maybe the servers are super busy today.

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ..In my book the world actually ended on May 17th, when the Magento update went live. This site has been a royal H*ll on Earth ever since.

...and Zombies doth fed on our Galleries, and Locusts, our Vouchers
    While a torrent of fiendish errors the likes of which could never be imagined
    doth swept across the once fertile virtual land and lay it spoilt and fallow.
    For seven months have we suffered the torment of a plague so hideous
    For seven months have we have endured the abomination known as Magento.
    There was a gnashing of teeth, a grumbling of voices, and feelings of woe
    and the huddled masses did gather, and doth cried out for a hero to save them.
    A Hero to lead us to a land flowing with good deals and vouchers
    a land where where we can post our true feelings, our visions, and buy with confidence.

Yea, oh great Daz, heareth the lamentations of thy people.
    Free us from the darkness, Let Magento go...

...there endeth the reading, amen.

Amen! (v/\v).
    edited December 1969

Am getting that "No preferences found" message between every refresh and every page. >_>

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Am getting that "No preferences found" message between every refresh and every page. >_>

Rezca, I was having problems just a few minutes back, couldn't fixe it. I ended up sorting it out by closing my browser, clearing cache etc, and then actually reset my router, to force an IP change (I have a dynamic IP address with my ISP)
    edited December 1969

pleasantly buzzed. buzz buzzz

my bus was half our late and the next bus was right behind her. the dispatcher tells her to drop off passengers but not to pick up passengers. we get to where the dunkin donuts is, and this dude jumps on. she tells him she's not supposed to pick up passengers, but she lets him on the bus. i couldn't catch what he said exactly, he made a comment about late bus. she tells him, "sid-down and shuddup". omg, i was laffing so hard.

so then, she makes up some lost time, cuz there's only 3 people on the bus, including me. she asks the dispatcher if she can start picking up passengers. they tell her, no. she tells the dispatcher, "i'm leaving people waiting on the street, are we transporting buses or are we transporting people." radio is silent. man, fighting the good fight, she's my hero now. i'm still wearing my santa hat i been wearing all week at work. i gave her a handful of candy canes, didn't think she'd take it, but she did.

after the bus, i headed to sputinos, bar/restaurant. wearing the hat, forgetting i had the hat on. people are saying merry christmas. hello mrs santa. i walked into sputinos, i hear a high pitched screech, "santa is here". i'm like, holy crappe, but the parents were saying, it's just a santa helper. .. anyway, home now.

edited December 2012

ooo, dragon cave started a holiday thingee.

hmm, so far only haz flour and sugar for holiday cooking.

uh oh You toss it into the garbage before anyone notices.

ooo, now haz milk and meat. and cocoa beans.

not again You toss it into the garbage before anyone notices.

This egg shines like a holiday ribbon.
    This egg is covered with bright, festive stripes.
    This colorful egg is covered by a light layer of snow.
    This brown egg is covered in intricate designs.

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

Mental Ray was updated. They added some SSS presets for Iray, as well as.... DIAMONDS :D

Re-rendering my gemstone scene with the new iray-specific materials.

edited December 1969

fail, no matter how i mix the ingredients, it doesn't work. flashing back to trying to make crepes, epic fail.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I got LAHM regestered, I can edit hair, save sets and work more later, but I crash RenderMan when sent to the render engine. Piddle.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I got LAHM regestered, I can edit hair, save sets and work more later, but I crash RenderMan when sent to the render engine. Piddle.

*smiles* same same. Still trying to narrow down the reason - there's a null-pointer access in there (for me at least), which causes DS to just fold up immediately. Although having said that, SOMETIMES it will work (usually with a very simple hair arrangement). See if you can narrow down the conditions that cause it to happen.
    edited December 1969

Re-rendered the same scene but with a new material specific to iray they added in a recent update =)

This time Absorption and Subsurface Scattering are enabled.
    I started the render before going to bed so this one had two hours to render, so it's much clearer. I'm keeping both submissions since they both look nice, but I'm liking this one much better the more I look at it

Oh how I wish I had something like this in my collection. Would make Rezca jealous! XD

GemTest2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 361K
    edited December 1969

Got a thunderstorm going o3o

Or... We did... It's quieted down to just rain now =)
    The first flash musta been real close, or at the very least BIG, because after the flash of light it was echoing pretty loud and our sliding glass door even shook. The next four or five were pretty quiet in comparison and didn't shake the windows at all.
    The second flash was pretty interesting, since I was looking out the window at the time and got to see the hills illuminated real briefly. Was pretty impressive.

edited December 1969

=P

Only let it sit for 30 minutes this time. Wasn't a closeup so it didn't need to sit any longer ^_^

GemTest_0001.jpg
    800 x 600 - 344K
    edited December 2012

found more ingredients :)
    Cocoa Beans x ∞
    Flour x ∞
    Grain x ∞
    Ice x ∞
    Meat x ∞
    Milk x ∞
    Poultry x ∞
    Sugar x ∞
    Vegetables x ∞
    Water x ∞
    Yeast x ∞

edited December 1969

M F M said:
    Jaderail said:

*smiles* same same. Still trying to narrow down the reason - there's a null-pointer access in there (for me at least), which causes DS to just fold up immediately. Although having said that, SOMETIMES it will work (usually with a very simple hair arrangement). See if you can narrow down the conditions that cause it to happen.

yoo haz RenderMan? the RenderMan? as in the final fantasy renderman?

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,078
    edited December 1969

(waking up, looks at modern calendar. looks at Mayan calendar, shakes Mayan calendar, looks at it again) Hey this thing is broken! That's the last time I buy something from an ancient civilization...

edited December 2012

heheh snow bikinis. or just bikinis in general. a theme to render!

or a fur lined bikini with that new hair thingamijigee?!

edited December 1969

M F M said:
    Jaderail said:

Ah, no, now you mention it, I misread Jaderail's complaint - I thought he was talking about 3Delight (being a RenderMan compliant renderer), not The RenderMan >_<.</p>
  • WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Happy not long until Christmas! :cheese: :cheese:

Coldish and bright here, world doesn't seem to have ended (although there's some argument that it's supposed to end the 23r.).

Playing with PPro 2012, running cables, and cooking sage sausage! :coolsmile: Yummy! That and coffeeeeeeeeeeeee!

4 days off of work - but I had to cancel my Wednesday vacation due to the fact that they found a bug in some ancient code and nobody else is willing to work on it, sigh. So, I'll go in and Take One For The Team.

Amazon has a ton of "99 best..." classical MP3 downloads, so I'm loading up on Bach and Vivaldi. 99 pieces for two bucks! MINE! :snake:

Waiting for my hammerhead shark to arrive.. maybe Monday. With all the packages zipping around, it'll probably be late next week.

Got to get TentaSquirrel going again! I'm having problems posing the tentacles, urgh. Probably a "loose nut behind keyboard" issue. :-P

I ope everyone has a great day! :)

edited December 1969

Dammit Misty! (>_<)... with a theme like that I'm going to have to knuckle down and install some stuff and get rendering, instead of just shopping madly X).</p>
  • WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

M F M said:

Dammit Misty! (>_<)... with a theme like that I'm going to have to knuckle down and install some stuff and get rendering, instead of just shopping madly X).</div>

No reason you can't do both, hee hee heeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :vampire: :snake:

Install, install install.. damn Rendo! Their daily sale got me again, I got buildings today and cars yesterday! :smirk:

Well, it keeps me busy while doing laundry and Swiffering my room.. :blank:

edited December 1969

M F M said:

Dammit Misty! (>_<)... with a theme like that I'm going to have to knuckle down and install some stuff and get rendering, instead of just shopping madly X).</div>

me, too :lol: ...

hmm trick is to make a fur lined bikini look like the fur is from the bikini, ahem, and not from somewhere else ...

edited December 1969

M F M said:

No reason you can't do both, hee hee heeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :vampire: :snake:

Install, install install.. damn Rendo! Their daily sale got me again, I got buildings today and cars yesterday! :smirk:

Well, it keeps me busy while doing laundry and Swiffering my room.. :blank:

there's no fastgrab to be tempted by

edited December 1969

M F M said:

me, too :lol: ... hmm trick is to make a fur lined bikini look like the fur is from the bikini, ahem, and not from somewhere else ...
    Would it be more comfortable to have the fur on the inside and suede/leather on the outer, or just ticklish? :red:... inquiring minds want to know ;-).
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,148
    edited December 1969

I cannot reach the Dragon cave forum to get info about the new holiday thing. Is it just me or is it down?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

M F M said:
    M F M said:
    Jaderail said:

Ah, no, now you mention it, I misread Jaderail's complaint - I thought he was talking about 3Delight (being a RenderMan compliant renderer), not The RenderMan >_<.</div>MFM Sorry to say but my issue was just Closing LAMH before rendering, and 3DeLight is Renderman just a few steps back and with features not callable.
This discussion has been closed.